[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I get this jacket?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2109.jpg (109KB, 625x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2109.jpg
109KB, 625x794px
Where can I get this jacket?
>>
hey /tv/ guy, people from your board keep starting threads like this and I'd like to point out that most of clothes from tv shows and movies - all of them from tv/movies with high production values - are simply not available to the general public, they're custom made

so stop asking questions like this, in general =)
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 236x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 236x493px
>>11896440
Not OP but thanks for the info. been looking for pic relateds pants forever. they're probably custom or something
>>
>>11896404
>>11896440
>>11896509
I don't know if its always the case
but isn't the wardrobe provider usually credited when the endcredits roll.

A tleast thats how it is with newscasts, and talkshows.
>>
>>11896545
yeah it is but a show with high production values - like something on HBO or basically any primetime cable drama - is going to keep their wardrobe providers close to the chest
>>
>>11896556
i don't really see why
isn't that harmful to the wardrobe providers business?
>>
File: wtc.jpg (44KB, 815x414px)
wtc.jpg
44KB, 815x414px
>>11896404
where can I get this eyeball?
>>
>>11896653
no it makes a producer say "fuck I want to that wardrobe company cuz everything they put together is great and unattainable"
>>
>>11896404
Ask Negan, it's his jacket.
>>
>>11896679
is that what people think about when considering cosutme/wardrobe for their picture?

I might have believed it when it was the 90's or something
but now when the general stylization for most is gritty realism would many want to consider the accessability for certain outfits?

I mean mechandising is closely tied with movies and tv.
also consider too that theres alot of cosplayers now that just buy their costumes straight up and don't really craft and sew their own anymore.

i guess I am just curious as to why exclusivity is and unattainableness is so important.

I can understand for some high art peice, or sci-fi something or other but a common drama?
>>
>>11896701
Remember that early season where they had the roll of knives from Gerber?
>>
>>11896715
i quit watching after season 2
>>
>>11896719
It might have even been season two, I can't remember. They were all using gerber tools they found in a roll in a car.
>>
File: 6_166153.jpg (208KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
6_166153.jpg
208KB, 1024x682px
>>11896701
> mechandising is closely tied with movies and tv.
fast and the furious is not on the same level as based leo in revenant
>>
>>11896731
forgot to add: /thread
>>
>>11896731
mainly becuase revenant is a period peice and they probably employed the studios costume designers or subcontracted out a single designer rather than a whole fashion/clothing company.
>>
File: gm-transformers.jpg (40KB, 575x251px) Image search: [Google]
gm-transformers.jpg
40KB, 575x251px
>>11896780
Okay then you see the parallel between fucking cinema and everything else
>>
>>11896793
clothes maketh the man but not the movie.

good stories are timeless and as such shouldn't really depend on costume or setting design or prop design
read all the the shakespeare plays.

I also remember watching oedipus play that used british royal costumes rather than greek attire.
>>
>>11896793
also james bond shills watches, texes and cars too.

but is generally considered /fa/

wheres the parallel there?
>>
>>11896811
Those movies suck so that isn't a good argument. Wayne's world and blue velvet are pretty much the only movies that got away with advertising
Product placement keeps the lights on, plain and simple
>>
>>11896822
I think theres a difference between product placement and fashion though.

the unattainableness of a costume for a movie I don't think is a good argument when considering costume design for a movie. and it seems like thats what the anons in this thread are saying.

I mean Im sure theres several instances wheree a costme designer just when crazy at Burlington, or JC Penny or Macys
then just added a bit of an attribtion at the end of the movie.

Since most labels don't openly advertise their brands on their clothing, you don't need permission to use clothing from a store in your movie.
But the clothing store still needs permission from you to use the movie to advertise their label.
>>
>>11896685
underrated
>>
>>11896858
This is a nonsense post
>>
https://www.black-leatherjacket.com/rick-grimes-jacket-season-4
apparently the person who handles walking dead fashion tweeted the jacket was trifted.
>>
>>11896440
This. I looked everywhere for Captain America's jacket in the Winter Soldier, only to find out the costume designer custom made it
>>
>>11896722
I love how those specific knives from the set where marketed as ZOMBIE SURVIVAL or someshit
>>
>>11897800
wow how did you find it?!
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Walking-Grimes-Season-Jacket-Amazon/dp/B01617EMFO
>>
>>11896404
Off a dead walker
>>
>>11896404

Why would he hold his gun like that...
>>
>>11896440
I really need to learn how to sew and cut fabrics so I can make my own shit or modify clothes.
>>
>>11897800
>$169
looks like shit. terrible collar.
>>11898628
This looks good, better collar, just needs to look more brown/dirty which is easy enough to do yourself.
>>
>>11896404
y is he holding the gun like that tho?
>>
>>11899376
>>11899582
Cause he gon smak Yo ass
>>
>>11896722
I preferred the sparkling Hyundai Accent (or whatever the hell it was) they were driving around in all of season 2.

The way wardrobe works varies heavily from show to show and production company to production company. It's uncommon for pieces being made for any show that's set in the what would be considered "real life" or similar. Some stuff will be custom made either to fit a specific look, or for anything fantasy/sci-fi/period pieces, but that's always expensive. And just because it's on a bigger channel doesn't mean corners won't be cut here and there.

t. someone who's rented out clothing for television shows
>>
>>11899376
this guy can literally not hold a gun in any realistic way when he shoots it. maybe he has no bullets and plans to use it as a bludgeon?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.