[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will trench coats ever be effay again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: trench10.jpg (46KB, 702x536px) Image search: [Google]
trench10.jpg
46KB, 702x536px
will trench coats ever be effay again
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndv6a5ETLS1sgjss3.jpg (38KB, 355x267px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndv6a5ETLS1sgjss3.jpg
38KB, 355x267px
I hope you dont get angry when i tell you that two kind american kids destroyed that trend forever
>>
>>11895866
>>11895888

i swear i saw this exact same post at least a year ago wtf
>>
>>11895866
they are
Every asian college student who lives in France owns one.
>>
>>11895866
recently copped burberry one.
0 regrets.
>>
>>11895888
this op

school shooters did to trench coats what hitler did to the toothbrush moustache

((they both looked stupid before being ruined but you get the gist))
>>
>>11896744
Laughably wrong.

Trench coats look fine. Dylan and Eric were the effayest school shooters precisely because they wore trench coats instead of some boring streetwear shit.

Anyway, being a school shooter is essentially something to aspire towards. So Dylan and Eric really didn't ruin trench coats.

The people who did ruin trench coats were early 2000s mallgoth weebs who wanted to look like they were from The Matrix and posed in their backyard with shurikens and katanas and tried to intimidate everyone but never actually had the balls to shoot up a school.
>>
File: DrizaGuy.jpg (13KB, 214x188px) Image search: [Google]
DrizaGuy.jpg
13KB, 214x188px
>>11895888
They aren't wearing trench coats. They are wearing dusters.
>>
>>11896784
Eric is wearing a duster, Dylan is wearing a trench coat.
>>
>>11896789
Ah, you're right. Thanks for the correction.
>>
File: 1477360028750.png (1MB, 670x652px) Image search: [Google]
1477360028750.png
1MB, 670x652px
They're very much fa still
Just don't get a black one
>>
>>11896846
or DO get a black one but be a trad goth or something.
>>
>>11896846
Sure about that? I'm thinking:

Navy - too close to black.
Charocal - too close to black.
Beige - too Constantine/inspector gadget etc.
Grey - mitebcool.
Olive - mitebcool.
>>
>>11896851
All those colors are nice if you style them correctly, just make sure your outfit doesn't look edgy and you're good
>>
>>11896855
Or you know:
Be edgy, but decently stylish.

Remember that "edgy" only became pejorative after being used sarcastically to make fun of mallgoths who TRIED to look edgy but failed because they wore sneakers and blue jeans underneath their trench coats and were fat as fuck or acne-ridden.
>>
>>11896855
You have to work with what the normies will see, though.
>>
>>11896889
>dressing for the normalfags
>>
File: 1456071301337.png (460KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456071301337.png
460KB, 800x600px
>>11896783
>this entire post
>>
File: 2cold.jpg (98KB, 497x696px) Image search: [Google]
2cold.jpg
98KB, 497x696px
does /fa/ like my coat? I have 0 tolerance to cold.
>>
>>11896899
I'm genuinely interested in seeing you actually refute anything that's said in that post.
But I would settle for seeing you explain why you disagree.
>>
>>11896904
I ONLY tolerate your coat.
I don't tolerate your Nirvana shirt
I don't tolerate your characterless hair
I don't tolerate your pre-ripped pants
I don't tolerate your shoes that are too white for your pants.
I don't tolerate your lopsided "I'm so depressed and apathetic" pose".
>>
>>11896904
It's sad that you actually think this is a good fit.
>meme shirt
>payless shoes
>oversized coat past the wrists
>>
>>11896897
It's sort of an "overton window" thing, if my half-baked point makes any sense.
There is a window of what is acceptable, you can't just wear anything you want and look good.
Normal people definitely have to be included in this or you're just wearing the Emperor's New Clothes.
I am definitely not saying you must dress as normal people do.

eg. Most people rarely ever wear a suit. But they can see you wearing a suit and acknowledge that you look good.
>>
File: Untitled.png (904KB, 1323x637px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
904KB, 1323x637px
spoiler
theyve been effay
>>
>>11896912
>I ONLY tolerate your coat.
thank you. It was my father's
>I don't tolerate your Nirvana shirt
no h8 pls I had a crush on Kurt for a long time
>I don't tolerate your characterless hair
I get it buzzed, I let it grow, I get it buzzed again
>I don't tolerate your pre-ripped pants
those were 7yo jeans
>I don't tolerate your shoes that are too white for your pants.
3yo AF1
>I don't tolerate your lopsided "I'm so depressed and apathetic" pose".
3secs aint enough for me to throw a good pose.
>>
>>11896922
>3 secs aint enough for me to throw a good pose
then don't fucking pose, faggot
That pose is the 2010s equivalent of the "arms crossed looking down holding a dagger and a sword" pose of the 2000s
>>
>>11896918
If your point is that you need to put your fit into a broader perspective to judge it, then current trends are a rather negligible part of what you should take into account.

Overall I'd say you need to have an awareness of fashion trends that spans across a few decades to have decent taste and come up with fits that will look as good in a few years as they do now.

Anyway if you want to base your taste off normalfags', then wear a fucking black trench coat, they're all the rage among upper-middle class European uni students who wanna look richer than they are.
>>
>>11896904
Really cool, except the shirt. Don't wear that shirt
>>
>>11896933
I'm not speaking of being trendy. I am saying you put on the dark long coat and you are wearing the Emperor's New Clothes.
You put on the fedora and you are wearing the Emperor's New Clothes.
Same thing PROBABLY if you wear a leather jacket.
Now, could you make aesthetically good fit with a dark long coat? Sure, but you're still going to look like a joke to almost everyone.

By the way I actually wore a black trench coat for a time. I still have it, never bothered to sell it.
More people wanted to know where I bought than called me a faggot OUT LOUD. Overall it was generally cringe, though.
>>
>>11896996
How can it be "cringe" if it's aesthetically pleasing?
You know what's really cringeworthy? People who care so much about other fags' opinions that they get embarrassed EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T GET CALLED A FAGGOT OUT LOUD.

Like I get that if you get outright mocked or laughed at you should probably reconsider your fashion choices, but here it's not even the case.
It's like emperor's new clothes, except instead of being butt-naked and thinking he's wearing clothes, the emperor is clothed but cowers away from his subjects because he thinks they can't see his clothes.
>>
>>11897017
Actually I did. Well a guy approached me sort of earnestly and asked me if I knew I looked like a faggot. There was some other mocking to my face, more behind my back.
I am saying the ratio of open mocks to open compliments was in favour of compliments.

You appear to understand what I mean by "Emperor's New Clothes" so I'm not sure where my failure to communicate is.

You can think you look good or look good to some people while almost everyone else thinks you look stupid.
If you do this you have failed. It's not something you should want to do.
What good is a fit if only some other people on a chinese cartoons forum "get" it?
>>
>>11897028
>Actually I did. Well a guy approached me sort of earnestly and asked me if I knew I looked like a faggot. There was some other mocking to my face, more behind my back.

Oh, I didn't realize you had it that bad.

Anyway I think it mostly comes down to looking the best you can. Some people look even worse in "normal" clothes than in "edgy" clothes, even though normalfags don't necessarily realize it until they witness it. Like they automatically assume that you'll necessarily look better if you dress more low-key but it's not always the case and I'd be sorry for you if you fell for that.

By the way, fashion isn't a game where you have to please as many people as possible, as you seem to think. Dress for the people who matter the most to you (including yourself), that's common sense. What good is a fit if it mostly pleases people you don't like?
>>
>>11897040
That is close to what I think, you're right. I don't think it is entirely that.

If we take your POV to its conclusion we could say that a guy wearing a fedora and a flame shirt is fine, couldn't we? He dresses entirely to please himself and probably his friends find it perfectly acceptable.

Does that make it a good fit?
>>
>>11897100
No, but being widely-accepted won't make it a good fit either.

Like let's say it's 2009 again and casual fedoras are trendy as fuck. It still won't be a good fit because the dude fails to project what he really wants; which is to say an air of sophistication. Instead he just looks like some average fuck who vaguely follows trends without understanding them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.