[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fa/? I'm trying to find a hooded cloak-style jacket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (7KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 342x342px
Sup /fa/?
I'm trying to find a hooded cloak-style jacket like this, but I want a zipper or at least buttons.

It's kinda pissing me off that none of them have buttons.
Any suggestions on the cheaper end of the spectrum? Nothing over like 50 USD please
>>
kill yourself
>>
this would be a mistake
>>
>>11893186
>>11893190
i was a gypsy in the desert I wear what I please faggots

thx for the bumps
>>
>>11893194
you seriously expect a coat styled like this that costs less that $50 to not look like some cheap anime tier halloween costume?
>>
>>11893184
https://www.grailed.com/listings/1022241-Zara-Dark-Collection-Hooded-Fishtail-Cape
>>
>>11893208
there's no buttons or zipper or anything on the front
>>
>>11893232
I guess a zipper kind of defeats the purpose

but I still wonder if there is one somewhere

do I just wear a sweater? sheit
>>
>>11893203
>>11893203
nah I ordered one that's 80

thx peeps
>>
Can someone please explain to me why people think these are acceptable to wear out and about?

They're the ultimate cringe piece. No matter how good you think you look, you'll get laughed at in the street. You aren't from a dystopian future and look sleek cutting about an urban wasteland. You're a autist who has no concept of what acceptable. Why wouldnt a normal hoody do the job?
>>
>>11893314
the same reason people wear drug rugs

it looks a certain way and people want it to

everyone has their own taste
>>
>>11893232
You could just sew the fucking buttons yourself, you know?
>>
>>11893314
>They're the ultimate cringe piece
As a matter of FACT they are not.
They usually look pretty dumb but there's WAY WORSE shit out there.
For instance, any piece of clothing that has spooky ASCII symbols and hashtags printed on it.
>>
>>11893617
or just something simple and obvious like crocs
>>
>>11893617

>spot the autist defending his clothing

This is exactly like any AC stuff, minus the symbols. In fact, its like any piece of clothing thats supposed to give an Aesthetic to something portrayed in a visual medium. Its window dressing. And unless you're wearing it as part of a cosplay costume or something, its cringey as fuck. Its up there with the dweebs who wear fedoras or trench coats.
>>
>>11893659
>its window dressing
it's fashion.
It can look dumb but it's fashion right there.
>cringey
you know what's REALLY cringeworthy? underage youtube faggots who think that they have a solid insight into what's socially acceptable and use made-up words like "cringey" and can't spell properly.
>>
>>11893659
except trench coats look straight anime and these don't?
the fact is that anything that goes down to your ankles when you're a man is ugly
>>
File: Neo_render_by_moonmanxo-d4qfnzv.png (175KB, 337x563px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_render_by_moonmanxo-d4qfnzv.png
175KB, 337x563px
>>11893679
>trench coats look straight anime
It's more complex than that and the stigma attached to trenchcoat isn't just "anime cosplay", it dates back to the 90s when The Crow came out and exposed a shitload of teenagers to the goth subculture. Before that, trenchcoats didn't have a stigma attached to them, they were sometimes used by goths and rivetheads and stuff (along with regular bums), but it was okay because they didn't make it a strong statement and could pull it off.
The first wave of oblivious babyfaced teenagers in leather dusters were basically The Crow cosplayers. That's where the trenchcoat+katana combo became "a thing" (even though it originates from Highlander) but weeaboos didn't appropriate the trenchcoat until later:
THEN at the turn of the millenium The Matrix trilogy came out, it was heavily influenced by several anime and by the goth/rivethead subcultures that had been popularized by stuff like The Crow (and had also seeped into anime throughout the 80s and 90s). And this movie made a whole generation of weebs think that they could look just as cool as Vash and Alucard in real life because Neo could pull off the trenchcoat look just as well in The Matrix. THAT's the point where trenchcoats became used as a statement for "I'm cool because I'm a huge anime nerd"; but more generally it's "I'm cool because I'm brooding and gothic" and "I'm cool because I'm an action movie dude".

And that's exactly why over-elaborate hoodies are comparable to trench-coats, the difference being that instead of trying to look like The Crow or Neo or Shijo Tsunami, you're trying to look like an assassin from a video game, which is equally embarrassing.

And at this point, trench-coats have almost entirely disappeared from anime and action movies, so if you see a 20-something in a trench-coat, chances are he's just your average metalhead/goth following his subculture like it's the 80s.
But if you see a guy in a futuristic hoodie, he's probably a crypto-cosplayer.
>>
>>11893184
>Nothing over like 50 USD please
I was gonna recommend some to you
but you can't find anything good for the price
if you are actually getting one to wear it and not for halloween costume or something, get some more budget
>>
>>11893679
>the fact is that anything that goes down to your ankles when you're a man is ugly
you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>>11893679
Nah it's elegant and creates a stronger silhouette.
>>
>>11893184
Do people who wear this only accept strange coins?
>>
>>11893184
sith lord core
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.