[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you got any experiences with Rick jackets? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 11500580_7153082_1000.jpg (52KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
11500580_7153082_1000.jpg
52KB, 1000x1334px
Have any of you got any experiences with Rick jackets? I want to buy pic related for Xmas but i also wanto to hear some opinions before dropping 1700 euros.
>>
What do you want to know? Jackets are great and some of the best you can buy. I prefer MA+ and Leon Blanck if that matters.
>>
I've heard the sleeves are pretty tight, then again most leather jackets are.
>>
File: 11500580_7153077_1000.jpg (93KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
11500580_7153077_1000.jpg
93KB, 1000x1334px
>>11886868
Mostly about sizing. Usually I wear an L but XL is fine too. Funny thing I'm from Italy but know nothing about italian sizes. So what's good for me, a 52? Unluckily I can't try it, so I have to order online from Farfetch.
>>
>>11886868
>Leon Blanck

disregard this terrible opinion
>>
>>11886916
Not him, but what's wrong with LEB? I think his concepts are interesting and he gets his leather from Guidi, so it has to be of good quality.
>>
>>11886907
Yeah, a 52 is an XL. It's kinda difficult to determine your sizing. Rick's jackets are usually slim-fitting, mainly with the newer seasons, but it also depends on your measurements. Are you a thin guy? You could work in a large but it might be a bit tight.
Great choice in jacket btw. I'm usually a small(46) but I wear a medium(48) for the one I have.
>>
>>11886930
his concepts are pretty dumb, the fitting is bad and is a direct result of his absolutely foolish patternmaking, the way he handles leather is completely asinine, and the construction is very poor, deliberately excluding linings and facings in most cases.

leb's jackets would flunk out of fashion school, they're soooooo poorly conceived.
>>
>>11886830
some of the best leather jackets around quality and design wise
go for it
>>
>>11886941
His concepts being dumb is subjective. The designs can be overbearing to some.
Fitting being bad is wrong and the anatomic seams are far from foolish.
The way he handles leather? What does that even mean?
Construction is not poor.

I have an LEB jacket and it's definitely comparable in quality to MA+ and CCP.
>>
>>11886939
Thanks, that's what I wanted. Going for 52, definitely not a thin guy.

Thanks to all of you, looks like it will be a good purchase
>>
>>11886966
there's nothing anatomic about LEB lmao, it's all shitty dumpy mall fits that SZ posters rave about because muh weird seams. his handling of grain and the way he cuts jackets from hide betray that he doesn't know what he's doing and frankly if you haven't sewn in your life and didn't catch what i meant when I complained about the lack of linings and facings then your opinion on its construction means fuck all.

you're a consumer, not a creator or even a critic. there's nothing wrong with that, but don't expect to convince me that LEB isn't a hack when all you really have to say is that you really like his jackets.
>>
>>11887040
Pretentious folk like you are always embarrassingly wrong, and you didn't complain about the lack of linings lol.
>>
>>11886830
In my experience, if you're not thin enough to fit into a 44-48 (shoulders can be quite tight, as well as some of the highest armholes on the market and small biceps on the sleeves), you better be really tall. Rick jackets tend to flare out from the (true) waist down, and will look really really silly if you aren't 6'3"+ in sizes larger than a 48. Depending on the model you're looking at, the sleeves are also cut extremely long, which isn't a problem for the intarsia and intarsia-like jackets as they have ribbed sleeves, but I know a lot of people need to get the sleeves on the stooges jackets shortened.

In terms of quality, the leather isn't as good as it used to be before 2010, but it's still very typically very nice. Won't feel like anything you've likely felt before in a leather jacket.
>>
>>11887132
can you not fucking read

>>11886941
>and the construction is very poor, deliberately excluding linings and facings in most cases.

log off 4chan and throw your comp out the window
>>
>>11887165
>In terms of quality, the leather isn't as good as it used to be before 2010, but it's still very typically very nice. Won't feel like anything you've likely felt before in a leather jacket.

this is a lie
source: own more rick leather than anyone has any right to, from 04 thru 15
>>
Dont buy online if you don't know how rick jackets fit. Go into a store and try one on to see how it fits on your body before you go and spend 1700 euros
>>
>>11887178
Hmm maybe I've just gotten unlucky with the more recent pieces of tried on, or maybe it's cognitive dissonance. The pieces that I have are all older and all seem much more substantial than anything newer to the point where I haven't actually been able to bring myself to buy one in a while.
>>
>>11887196
there's seasons that stand out for sure, like crust had really nice leather but lots of shitty construction, vicious had a lot of bad leather but some of it was nice, imo mountain had some of my fav leathers of all time.....
>>
>>11887172
I got lost in your senseless ramblings. Maybe you should make a valid point first before attempting to argue with someone. Excluding linings is not poor construction and has been done by several others, including Rick and Tatsuro. Using that as a con of construction is naive.
>>
>>11887266
this is the kind of reach i'd expect from a dude who blew 3k on a shitty jacket and doesn't want to hear anyone's critique of it lol

>Excluding linings is not poor construction and has been done by several others, including Rick and Tatsuro

you're such a dumbass, i've seen and owned the garments you're talking about and they still had linings where required, such as the sleeves and across the back. failing to utilize lining has significant ramifications for the exterior look, longevity, and fit of a jacket and the fact that LEB can't figure out a fucking facing on a single one of his dumb and bad jackets really betrays how little he understands his own craft.

sell your jacket and get over it dweeb.
>>
>he lives in a place so shitty that there are no brick and mortar stores to try on rick so he's forced to ask the internet or wear Targèt
What's flyover country like? Why even live?
>>
>>11887296
I've already responded to your first post of criticism and have continued responding to your posts but have gotten nowhere with your poor reasoning.
I never brought up any garments for you to have supposedly owned and Leon has already answered why he avoids lining on some jackets on SZ. If you're a master of the craft than by all means go and tackle that issue personally. But you won't.
On another note, there's no issue with the fitting. His jackets fit like a glove and the lack of lining allows greater movement because of the seams. You should actually try one on before going on a tangent about something you don't like.
>>
>>11887336
>His jackets fit like a glove and the lack of lining allows greater movement because of the seams.

this is literally the opposite of fact i'm dying lol
log off dumbass linings improve the mobility of the wearer by allowing the shell to properly float above and move with the body; it also takes most of the wearing strain thereby preserving the shell.
>>
"there's no issue with fitting sleeves are supposed to wad up like a pile of trash"
"womenswear doesn't need bust shaping lol"

etc ad nauseum
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.