[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 26

File: 1476588067617.jpg (316KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476588067617.jpg
316KB, 750x500px
How do you pass your time outside of work/school? What interests you?
>>
I make music, bike, experiment with drugs, paint, landscape, hike, read, other creative things to spend time. I gave up video games in high school
>>
File: IMG_1064.jpg (521KB, 2006x1552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.jpg
521KB, 2006x1552px
>>11874070
Watch movies, work out, do some running outdoors (5-10k on average along beaches, national parks, etc), and cook which is a pretty neat lifeskill (pic related)
>>
>>11874140
What are those. They look good.
>>
>>11874070
techno
>>
Read, listen to music, watch movies. Most of what I do is school related so I don't have much free time, which is generally fine since I like my major and its attached clubs.
>>
>>11874140
If you consider cooking a hobby you either live with your mom or eat fast food most of the time, so which is it, momma's boy?
>>
Going to concerts
Going to art exhibitions/openings
Sometimes fucking about on my drumkit
Following sports (football, basketball, ice hockey, tennis)
Play a game of FIFA/NBA 2K every once in a while
Paint
Gambling (if you can consider it a hobby, personally don't desu)

Also currently working a video project thing. I basically just film random shit I think is funny/interesting with really sloppy zooming and grainy visuals. I intend to end up having about half an hour or so of just 15-30 second clips tied together.
>>
>>11874287
>edgy
>>
>>11874287
rather watch your livestream suicide faggot
>>
Watch movies
Listen to music
Play video games
and pretend that I'm an aspiring writer/filmmaker but I'm too lazy to do anything creative when I'm not working my shitty retail job.
>>
>>11874070
I watch movies and analyze them for their underlying theme and rate them based on how well they did at delivering their message through film. Then I rate them.

I also write jokes for stand up and short film and comedy short ideas and outlines.

Working out is just basic hygeine imo. If you don't you're fucking disgusting. It's like brushing your teeth. I don't consider it a hobby.

I have a comedy short planned but I need to beef up the script and storyboard it. Then I have to plan locations and times when people can act in it.

I'm also working on a short about individualism vs loneliness and another about the value of traditional masculinity in times of crisis. It's kind of a Red Dawn meets Dune idea.
>>
>>11874287
What do you do for a hobby? Sit in your basement and play video games?

Not that guy, but I love cooking new things for my friends and improvising on new recipes. Of course it's a hobby, and indeed a passion for a lot of people. Used to do it professionally until I finally got a white collar job
>>
>>11874481
Oh and I write songs and record them in protools. I need to take my acoustics to a luthier because they're fucked.
>>
>>11874070
i drive
>>
>>11874549
What do you drive?
>>
File: Photo0174.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0174.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>>11874566
>>
>>11874597
Get out of here Ryan.
>>
>>11874566
A car
>>
>>11874287
I moved out of the house to study overseas when i was 18. Cooking is essential as it is a pleasure for me

>>11874140
Thanks! Made some filled pasta but cant remember the filling, might have been oxtail or something like that
>>
>>11874918
Meant for >>11874161
>>
>>11874070
>movies (though not even half as often as I plan to)
>board games
>Polaroid cameras, have three OG polaroids and one Fujifilm Instax
>bought and am starting to collect for NES
>Disneyland (califag)
R8 me /fa/
>>
drugs
reading
music
used to be video games to but now I've found at this point in my life I'm awful at them and I usually only just like to walk around in them and look at shit, which is fun don't get me wrong but I don't do it that often
>>
>>11874974
you have to be 18+ to post
>>
Jelqing is my favourite pass time
>>
Lift weights 3x a week, bike ~60 miles a week, walk my pups, watch anime, sometimes short runs, shop online, draw, shit post. I hang out with my parents a lot even though they live 30 miles from me since they also like biking and our pups play together.
>>
Sailing every Wednesday and Sunday
motorsports ( I live close to a racetrack)
Hiking
Gym
Piano but I suck
shooting
I practice boxing and FMA for fun
tryna read more too
>>
File: IMG_1643.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1643.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>11875024
>>
>>11874070
Idk, nothing. Everything seems pointless to me. Even now the only reason i'm into patrician music is because i think it elevates me above people around me. Or i think it's like "i think it would be cool if they know i'm good at this at that etc etc"

Idk what i actually enjoy doing except just sitting around in front of the computer, seeing vlogs and cool people interacting, wishing i was in their position, in their body, etc etc you know, escapism
>>
>>11875030
having rich parents doesn't make you cool
>>
>>11875000
Any gains so far ?
>>
>>11875043
poor af senpai, I wanted to learn so I e-mailed the local marina asking if they needed anyone to help crew.

pablo escobars mom once said there's a difference between being poor and looking poor
>>
>>11875052
the drug dealer? why the fuck does everybody suddenly care about him
>>
>>11875054
netflix
>>
Dirt biking and guns
Want to get into racing supermotos
>>
>>11874991
I didn't say skating
>>
>>11875150
"I started collecting vintage video games" is literally the most underage hobby ever
next year you'll only listen to bands on tape labels, like Totally You and Verma
>>
>>11874287
>life skills and/or imperatives cant be hobbies
>wearing clothes cant be a hobby because everybody needs to wear clothes
>architecture cant be a hobby because everybody needs shelter
literally fucking retarded
youre like the autist who comments on videos of michelin star food saying "hURR DURR COULD JUST EAT BURGURR FOR LESS AND MORE FILLING AND TASTY"
>>
>>11875175
Since when have under-18s been interested in retro games?
https://youtu.be/bDOZbvE01Fk
>>
>>11875514
You talk your way out of every argument by looking for convincing YouTube videos?
Definitely under 18
>>
>>11874989
good game for walking around and looking at shit?
>>
File: asdfb.png (880KB, 470x843px) Image search: [Google]
asdfb.png
880KB, 470x843px
Coins.

>>11876402

Disappearance of Ethan Carter. Not sure how much it is now. If it's under $10, grab it.
>>
Smoke weed, play guitar, casual sex, neglect responsibilities. Video games. Reading. Browse reddit. Browse mu and fa.Idk man normal stuff. Not very effay but who tf cares.
>>
>>11874481
>>11874487
(you)
>>
>>11874070
Fashion.
>>
>>11874070
Smoke wiet all day if i got nothing to do.
>>
>>11874287
you are objectively wrong
>>
>>11874070
Listening to music (4-5 albums a day)
Composing/recording music (i produce and play guitar, bass and drums)
Painting/working on pieces of art
Reading
I can cook too
>>
>Insects
Im learning about casting, pondering starting a collection
>Languages
I love 'ugly' sounding languages, and slowly teaching myself basic Russian and French
>History
Im in love with our origins, enough said
>Architecture
Goes with history, I go around neighbourhoods/the city and take a note of the kind of buildings I like
Wrote an essay on the history of my city's local architecture for fun
Might write a book about it desu
City planning intererests me immensely and Im happy more cities are taking town planning more seriously and aiming at making them pedestrian friendly
>>
gym, gf, and shitposting
>>
I have a pretty active studio presence doing installation art in Columbus Ohio
DJ
Saxophone
Video games
Rescoring silent films
cycling
>>
>>11879301
'ugly' sounding language
>French
you're not actually learning languages, are you?
>>
>>11874120
r u me
>>
>>11874070
Mostly drugs. Researching them, taking them, combining them, buying them, selling them, drugs are my passion.
That's why I'm studying chemistry.
>>
Music
Constantly exploring new genres and bands (Favorite genres are slowcore, shoegaze and post hardcore-emo) would like to learn an instrument but am a full time student and poor
Exercise
I currently frequent the gym 3 times a week to lift and run around 12-15 miles a week. Helps with depression without taking medication. I also love nature and use to hike/ trail run frequently before I moved to a big city for school.
Reading
I currently try to read atleast 10 pages a day but because of school I'll usually read 60-100 pages on the weekend. Currently reading Lady Chatterley's Lover. Favorite author is Knut Hamsun
Movies
I enjoy watching older films. Favorite director is Ingmar Bergman. Favorite film is The Seventh Seal.
I also enjoy hanging out with my close friends and occasionally doing drugs (favorite is lsd). I'll occasionally play video games as well.
>>
File: frenchtoasttest-7.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
frenchtoasttest-7.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>11874287
It makes me a little sad that you've probably never eaten an amazing meal in your entire life.

Photography
Cycling
Boxing
Camping/Hiking
Going to concerts
Reading
Pickling/Preserving
Vidya
I really want to get a kayak or canoe or something

Oh, I also "cook"
>>
>>11879930
>Boxing
Amateur or recreative, anon?
>>
>>11874070
Ride/work on my motorcycle, painting and drawing, reading, video games, camping/hiking/hunting, and more recently, HMB
>>
>>11874070
I turn up my music really loud
And daydream up a fake life in my head
>>
>>11879945
Only recreational. Never put in the time to go beyond that.
>>
>>11880003
Have you tried other martial arts aswell?
>>
>>11879974
same
>>
>>11879974
me too
>>
>bookmark postings on grailed but never actually buy anything
>play league of legends
>jerk off
>sleep
>>
>>11874070

>surfing
>lifting
>cooking
>shooting (not effay, but fun)
>fishing
>reading

Had a lot of fun in college and now I'm enjoying the hermit life for a few years post-grad
>>
>>11881611
He thinks silver is actually LoL and not LoL for kids
>>
>Running
>Climbing
>Lifting
>Other outdoor stuff
>Reading
>Creative interest of the month (usually switch between painting, writing, and piano).

Also interested in carpentry but that is my job — as well as being a student.

I'd love to get into boxing or wrestling.

Used to listen to music a lot now I don't. If I do its generally some form of classical or jazz.
>>
- Designing clothes
- Listening to music and sorta letting the music consume me
- Trying out new food places as often as I can to keep things interesting
- Casual drawing
- Taking walks

Not much else. Thinking about giving Hunting a go.

I like fashion, and I'd love to seek out a tailoring apprenticeship in like Italy or someplace cool after High School, but truthfully some of my favorite people are people that don't care for clothes and just naturally have a rich style to them, in what they do.

Worried if I pursue Fashion as a career I'll find myself surrounded by incessantly unimaginative people, or just people with their imagination in the wrong place.

>Olivier Rousteing
>literally made biker sweatpants
>biker sweatpants
>mfw

>>11874989
Adderall + Weed was about the ""hardest"" shit I ever got into that I (in the past) would do on the regular. And it was fun but I'm glad I'm sober as hell at the moment.
>>
I go to the gym, also I make electronic music.
>>
>>11879974
Are you......me?
>>
>>11876641
>Vanishing of Ethan Carter
can confirm this game is a beautiful walking simulator. the story is alright too. but the visuals, man.
>>
>>11879930
>pickling

Daaamn man been trying to get into this for awhile now, can't seem to get my ratios right

My last attempt was probably preserved lemons and that was alright ish
>>
Hanging out with my friends and smoking copious amounts of weed. If I'm not doing that I'm watching movies or reading.
>>
watch movies (try to find neat foreign directors), listen to music, film photography, hiking (need to do it more), read (mostly history/sociopolitical), listen to podcasts(mostly history), tumblr, I like to just walk around but that is part of photography I guess
>>
>>11874070
Si ets de bcn podem fer coses /fa/
>>
File: 1472247286857.jpg (14KB, 342x316px) Image search: [Google]
1472247286857.jpg
14KB, 342x316px
>>11879974
this x1000
>>
File: 1476658712279.jpg (6KB, 222x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476658712279.jpg
6KB, 222x228px
Why the fuck are people saying "working out" is a hobby? There's nothing fun or engaging about lifting heavy objects. Working is just something you do whether you like it or not

It's more of a part time job for every guy
>>
>>11883883
>Let me expose my experiences as generic facts maybe noone will notice
>>
>>11883883
You have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>11880088
My friend tried to get me into Muay Thai, but I didn't like how it felt compared to boxing. I also took karate as a kid, not like that counts.

>>11882881
Paul Virant's cookbook has some extremely good recipes. I've never stuck with anything out of it, they're an amazing start point compared to other books I've glanced through. His ratios are spot on, even breaks them down to percentages, weights, and volumes so you can adjust for batch size, though he works with champagne vinegar so you always have to up the amount of whatever type of vinegar you decide on, since that shit is not cheap or often available in bulk.
>>
>>11883883
you must hate a lot of things and have a need to tell everyone about each of them
>>
- Listening to music
- Reading
- Video games (mostly RPG/JRPGs)
- Playing guitar or piano
- Sports (gym, rowing)
- Learning languages (currently learning German and Japanese)
- Hang out with friends
- Cooking
- Walks
- Meditation
- Watching television shows/documentaries/films
>>
>>11883883
Working out is kinda satisfying, for me at least. I'd consider it a "hobby".
>>
>>11884869
I've been thinking about learning German, do you know any good resources for it?
>>
make shitty beats for soundcloud, running, spending time w/ babygirl, get lit w/ the squad, skewl
>>
-making video games
-making music
-laying in bed high watching youtube videos
>>
>>11874070
Outside of school I just Knit and Rock Climb.
Started both at the beginning of University and they stuck.
>>
Muay Thai, Judo, shoot guns, photography, sometimes vidya but mainly watch my friend play dark souls. Trying to get back into reading but my attention span is wack and I don't have much time left over after those other things.
>>
>>11886612
wish I could get back into rock climbing
winter is arriving and gyms are fucking expensive here
>>
>>11886788
What city are you living in? If it's something that you are looking to get into. I would do it. The community is also super tight.
>>
>>11886788
Keep an eye out for package discounts. Some gyms offer BOGO so if you have someone you climb with, you can basically split a membership
>>
My hobbies are all retarded

Freerunning on building tops
Bo staff combat
Learning Korean
Sm4sh, SFV, KI, MKX
Jazz and Classical Music
Shitty romance flicks
>>
>>11887041
So yeah. Rock climbing, running, hiking, """"mycology""", snowboarding. Basically hobbies that allow you to be an autistic loner if you so choose but also give you an option to show someone a good time.
>>
>>11879882
maybe . r u me?
>>
File: IMG_5979.jpg (91KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5979.jpg
91KB, 750x750px
>>11887063
>trying this hard
>>
Cooking
Running
Skateboarding
Counter Strike
Rollercoaster Tycoon

I'm not very interesting.
>>
File: 1437796250049.jpg (129KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
1437796250049.jpg
129KB, 800x570px
>listen to music
>read
>talk abt philosophy w/ friends
>drink, smoke weed
>go on walks
>play vidya
>shop
>write poetry
>drive

i used to play chess, soccer, basketball, rock climb, longboard, and ski, but i have fallen out of the habit of staying active.
>>
>considering playing video games as hobby
>>
>>11887192
why would it not be, it's a skill like anything else
>>
>>11887198
no it isn't you fucking retard, go outside. The best thing I ever did with my life was uninstalling steam from my computer.
>>
>>11887181
Shit man, where d'you meet more than one friend who's into philosophy? I know no one I can talk about anything like that with.
>>
>>11887202
>The best thing I ever did with my life was uninstalling steam from my computer.
wow, funny how different people have different experiences
>>
>>11887208
explain how video games are a skill that improves your life.
>>
>>11887214
>make friends
>have fun
>release stress
>take a break from school / work / stress
>get better at something you love

also, learning a skill improves your life just by the fact that you have a new skill
>>
>>11874070
If you're not a kino enthusiast then you're not /fa/
>>
>>11887207
i go to school for philosophy, so all my friends are from my school and are taking the same classes as me, so we have the same reference points
>>
>>11887221
what games are you referring to? If you mean competitive games like counter strike or league of legends then I know you are deluded as fuck.
>>
>>11887207
I studied comsci and along with most of my cohort I took philosophy as a minor (some took literature) so as to have something to talk about and not just be a boring dusty engineer at the end of my degree
>>
>>11887224
I'm gonna watch a film tomorrow night. Rec me something family
>>
>>11887224
Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 trailer is out. Pretty psyched
>>
>>11887289
What kinda thing do you like and are you on anything like PTP or just netflix?
>>11887314
Don't talk to me again
>>
>>11874070
Nothing. I don't really find the value of hobbies anymore, most of it are just making yourself feel better because you feel like no one else around you is better than you at those stuffs. Might not be a huge problem for yous but for me, doing it will make me feel pathetic. I used to be interested in a lot of stuffs but then i realized i was being super pretentious about it, if no one knows what i do, i'd be feeling pointless.

Idk i have complicated self esteem and insecurity issues so yeah
>>
>>11887320
m8 4chan is all about using elitism and insecurity to make you super passionate and autistic about any medium of art or anything really.
Look at /a/ for example, it's barely a hobby but those fuckers will chew you the fuck out if you ask for spoonfeeding and as such they have the most on topic board filled with smart posters with good taste.
>tfw /fa/ used to be the same until every other fashion forum died so it got flooded with 14 year olds
>>
>>11887335
Yeah i kno

Well sometimes i wish i wasn't this intelligent. I wish i was a lil bit delusional but passionate, rather than being 'awake' but empty.
>>
File: 0ef.jpg (171KB, 548x618px) Image search: [Google]
0ef.jpg
171KB, 548x618px
>>11887392

Pic related is literally you
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 250x247px
>>11887392
>>
>>11874287
You are wrong and I am laughing at you fag
>>
>>11887408
I was a bit exaggerating there but you know, people with vision ambition and passion and hobbies are pretty delusional, lets be honest. They don't think too much they just do. Well i think too much
>>
>>11887392
K E K
E
K
>>
>>11887424
Obviously you aren't thinking much before typing here buddy
>>
>>11883883
This.
Working out is basically torturing yourself.

https://youtu.be/Al-30Z-aH8M
>>
File: IMG_4936.jpg (75KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4936.jpg
75KB, 395x401px
>>11887392
>>11887408
>>
>>11887319
I just pirate shit mate

Eh, I like a lot of stuff, not an expert on film though, at all. Put it this way, David Lynch is my idea of an experimental filmmaker. I'm trying to watch more challenging stuff though.

I also really like Elia Kazan's stuff with Brando, and I watched a few German Expressionist films recently and dug them a lot.
>>
>>11887435
Ok so since you think more, pls help me in becoming a person i should be. I know i shouldn't be this depressed.
>>
>>11887919
Engage in activities that build towards something. It's naturally satisfying to strive towards a goal. I usually get depressed between goals. Make sure you have something to look forward to.
Activities that contribute towards self improvement (learning a language, getting better at a sport) usually have a longer lasting high than activities that don't (shopping, watching TV, wallowing in self pity on 4chan).
Live day to day and keep your mind busy with productive activities that leave you with some benefit when you are done with them.
>>
>>11874140
How do you get into cooking as a hobby? Just recipe books or what?
>>
>>11874070
Work out
Going out w/ friends
Life drawing
Drugs
Exhibitions
Shop
Movies

Honestly it's weird how school doesn't actually leave me a lot of free time - I'm usually only really able to get through the first two on the list before the weekend is over. Weekday nights is just schoolwork - can't fuck up in senior year engineering
>>
Playing piano ( don't get to play/practice as much as I want to)
Reading books (don't read as much as I want to, mainly mango and light novels these days)
Playing vidya
Learning languages
Dancing
Listen to music

I'm pretty boring desu
>>
File: d07.jpg (24KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
d07.jpg
24KB, 600x677px
>>11874167
>>
>>11879907
its cool seeing more people being passionate about drugs, im definitely casual about it, but real tired of seeing a bunch uneducated fucks filling themseleves with every low grade chemical they can get thier hands on

I had some dude tell me that ecstasy, shrooms, and acid were all the same drug.... and then we tripped on some nbome that he insisted was quality acid.... lol shoot me
>>
watch way too many youtube videos
try to push an under appreciated artistic medium farther into the creative mainstream
sit in depression and self loathing while I procrastinate rather than following said goal
play some smash bros
draw a bit
watch movies
listen to shitty drill rap and experimental music
drugs, mainly psychs and dissociatives
read trip reports and entry level drug research
Hang with gf or other people in my life

mainly drugs, school. art
>>
>>11875017
Wanna date
>>
>>11879278
Do u have Soundcloud?
>>
>>11887991
I always liked mixing things and making a mess in general. Its a bonus when you can eat what you make and if it tastes good.

That and living on your own you learn so might as well have fun and make the most out of it. I read a lot of books, some foodie blogs, occasionally eat out at a hyped place in my city, watch tv/youtube episodes on celeb chefs and muses to get ideas and basic concepts. Once you get the basics/foundations of a cooking style anything goes really.
>>
Drinking, doing drugs, music and attending football matches.
>>
>vidya
>gym
>playing the guitar in a melodic hardcore band
am i pleb tier?
>>
>>11879171
nederfag spotted
>>
>Play guitar
>Gym thrice a week
>Read medical journals
>Write (Calligraphy & such)
>Go to church
>>
>run
>hike
>drink alcohol
>watch Seinfeld

studying takes a lot of energy, wish I could get myself together and do more cool things.
>>
>>11889642
playing an instrument makes you cooler the the average person, it's fine.
>>
sucking cock (my passion)
listening to music
walks
"going out" (never for the sake of it)
reading
films
art (passively)
seeing people (only ever for the sake of it)
watching shitloads of always sunny
>>
>>11887919
The fact that you attribute your lack of motivation to "intelligence" is preventing you from making a positive change to your life. I obviously don't really know anything about you, but it sounds like your just lazy my dude
>>
reading
movies
drugs (big fan of coke and dxm)
i'm working on a book of poems i want to publish with some friends from the local art scene.
listening to music
cycling
idk
>>
>>11877779
Thank you, I don't have friends.
>>
Nothing
>>
>>11887335
>the most on topic board filled with smart posters with good taste.

Of all the primary art forums on 4chan, /a/ has the worst possible taste. It is staggering how bad their recommendations are compared to what you'd get off a board like /lit/. The board is completely overrun with thirsty waifufags.
>>
>>11890372
/a/ is always on point wit AOTS/AOTY although due to the fact that they're all neets they end up watching and discussing every show of the season due to them having nothing else to do
waifu spam = god this show is shit and we know it but we have to discuss it or the alternative is suicide
>>
File: 1476760386488.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1476760386488.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>11889748
>sucking cock (my passion)
>>
>traveling
>learning about different cultures/places in the world
>watching documentaries/movies
>competitive melee

not really /fa/ but i can only focus on a few things at a time, which i put all of my effort into.
>>
File: 1466143839050.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466143839050.png
21KB, 900x900px
My hobby is wishing I had a girlfriend and mentally replaying my entire day each night to remember and cringe at how I handled myself when talking to the girl I have a crush on.
>>
>>11874070
Trying to learn how to play the piano. Reading more. Music. Drinking
>>
>>11889981
recommended dose for first plateau?
>>
>>11882457
I really dig the idea of designing clothes, altering clothes and making/wearing them, did you make something or do you have a design laying around that I could see? thanks senpai
>>
reading drinking weeding bleeding
all~that~i~need
>>
>>11876402
Gone Home
>>
File: 1470085189131.jpg (2MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1470085189131.jpg
2MB, 1000x1500px
Browsing the fashion section of a Kenyan duck breeding forum
>>
I play the drums, or bass. I listen to music. I get drunk, go to shows etc. desu though most of the time I'm just lying in my bed thinking about how much I want to kill myself
>>
>>11876402
Skyrim
>>
>painting/concept art (mostly environment)
>piano
>music making aka mess around in Ableton
>eurobeat
>vidya, but waaaaay less than before
>movies (Chunking Express is amazing) and animus (90s-00s ones)
>mangos (Reading 20th Century Boys and Dorohedoro right now)
>thinking about how I'll buy a 240Z
>my cats
>>
>>11879974
fucking this
>>
I try and some things that don't involve schoolwork but I find my major really interesting (Computer Science)

> Programming
> Messing around in Ableton from time to time
> I play guitar
> Reading
> Movies
> I want to get into video editing and making videos for youtube or something, but I don't know what to make and don't want to be a cringe fest
>>
is it lame if music/film/games are my on "real" hobbies (aka i do them on a regular occasion)

obvs i enjoy them. and i do other things (e.g. photography), but that's only really if i plan to go somewhere for a weekend, etc.
>>
>>11892114
same w/ the last one. i have premiere/after effects downloaded, but dunno what to actually make. i think i'd find it enjoyable 'cause it's like a mix of technical and creative.
>>
>>11892160
Yeah I agree, I like programming but because that's what I a lot of for school. I'd like to do something that allows me to be creative and use a technical skill. But yeah also I just have no idea what I would make to be honest. I don't play enough games to stream or do that stuff and I don't like it all that much anyway.
>>
>>11879301
>russian ugly
triggered
>>
>>11879927
you're alright. you're me only I climb instead of running and I play instruments.

favourite emo band?
>>
>>11890653
depends on your height and weight. like i barely weigh anything so a first plat is a little less than a full bottle
>>
>>11879301
>'ugly' sounding languages
>Russian
>French

This is one of the most elaborate shitposting I have ever seen , this is actually really clever
>>
>>11887289
Clockwork Orange
>>
>>11874070
I fix, maintain and collect typewriters.
Best typewriter I own is Smith-Corona Silent
>>
I skate a lot, and read mostly.
other then that just shitposting on here and reddit
>>
>>11874120
>experiment with drugs
You don't sound like less of a degenerate stoner by wording it like this you know?
>>
>>11893377
nah man, it's an ~*¬experiment¬*~, see?
>>
>>11893435
yeah, he gets it. it's like science, I'm exploring the inner universe. of my mind. with drugs. like fuckin' Magellan.
>>
>>11875052
Nice, you are an example of someone seeing one of their goals through, regardless of obstacles, rather than sitting on the floor and wining in victimhood. Good for you, man. One of my mates sails in the waters around Scotland and some of the views he's taken snaps of at sunrise have been unholy. Seems like it would really reset your perspective!
>>
File: 1390104438387.jpg (16KB, 226x193px) Image search: [Google]
1390104438387.jpg
16KB, 226x193px
>>11879974
why are we like this
>>
Is Yu-Gi-Oh an /fa/ hobby?
>>
>>11893189
Terrible

Strangelove is kubricks one gem
>>
>>11894927
No, it's inferior to magic in every way.
>>
>>11894959
Magic has been infected by sjws, your argument is therefore invalid
>>
>>11894967
What are you, afraid to lose to them?
>>
>>11894988
I don't want them having influence in my nerdy card games. That being said MtG has never looked interesting to me anyways.
>>
>>11895038
Not anime enough?
>>
File: 81469.adapt.768.1.jpg (77KB, 768x543px) Image search: [Google]
81469.adapt.768.1.jpg
77KB, 768x543px
>>11882690

right? just looking at the cracked paint on the bridge railings was cool

always found sunken ships and and underwater necropoli cool, too
>>
I read commie stuff

who here /leftcom/?
>>
File: 1473644776703.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473644776703.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>11895078
>>
>>11895089
not real socialism tbph
>>
>>11895063
Just looks boring to play. Plus I grew up with ygo
>>
i fish, browse the internet, watch movies, and sometimes i go for walks. i like to go out and do stuff but i have no friends
>>
>>11874974
>three OG polaroids

Why even waste a single penny on IP when you could buy more Instax gear?

I'll admit a dumb move by Polaroid for moving out of the instant business but nobody in 2016 makes good film for those cameras.
>>
>>11884894
>>11884869
seconding this
>>
>>11894956
Shut up fag
>>
juggin
flexin
finessin
robbin the plug
trappin
cooking
flippin cakes
moving that dope
U Kno How We Rockin
>>
>>11895351
The dude is an edgy hack who never deserved to be more than a dop.
>>
>>11895408
That's a great story nerd, I don't care who made it or what you hacked into, it's a good movie.
>>
i enjoy mycology, discovering new music, is learning german a hobby? I read manga, photography, urbex and video editing boxing too. I'm working on starting a "basement/small blank room mosh" scene in my area it's pretty intricate and should be alot of fun if it all turns out right.
>>
>>11895411
It's probably a good book. But it's a terrible movie. And while we're at it beefheart is shit too.
>>
>>11895456
The book is shit. The movie is good. Nobody is impressed by how edgy it is that you don't like Kubrick
>>
File: holy cat.jpg (417KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
holy cat.jpg
417KB, 720x960px
I play poker to a high standard, play 6-a-side football(soccer) and enjoy sketching portraits
>>
>>11874070
I paint, go mountain biking, go to concerts. I've been wanting to pick up reading again desu, need some visual inspiration for my painting.
>>
>>11882457
How do you pick up designing clothes? I'm interested
>>
>>11895273
isn't Impossible Project film supposed to be good? I know it's hella expensive though
>>
Vidya, shirking school responsibilities, doing whatever with gf, reading if I can motivate myself to do it, building scale models (generally military shit). I want to start working out too, but again, I suck at motivating myself. I don't really have much time between work and school either.

>tfw like to skateboard too, but I'm complete dogshit at it and mentioning it makes me sound like a 14-year old edgelord

>>11893299
that's pretty cool desu, I bought one a while back but I've never had the time to do much with it
>>11889710
>Seinfeld
noice as fuck
>>
File: asdfasdfasdf.png (777KB, 626x862px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasdf.png
777KB, 626x862px
>>
>>11879469
post a pic of said gf
>>
>>11875024
How much fucking pussy do you slay
>>
>reading, although during uni I don't really have time
>seinfeld reruns
>piano
>listening to music and watching movies
>cooking occasionally

Was into skating for a bit but don't have the energy / friends to do it with

>>11891892
>chungking express
good taste, watch days of being wild if you haven't yet
>>
>>11895461
>not agreeing with babby boomers
>edgy

I know plenty of people who agree with me. Kubrick is a babby boomer meme.
>>
>>11897187
>Not agreeing with your parents
Yeah, pretty edgy imo.
>>
File: 1473031718459.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1473031718459.png
454KB, 414x499px
>>11889710
>>watch Seinfeld
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 293x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 293x220px
>>11887475
>Working out is basically torturing yourself.
Yes, but most jobs now are done sitting down and have for a while so to keep your body and mind healthy you work out.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.