[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 44

File: 1300084.png (536KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1300084.png
536KB, 1500x1500px
LAST THREAD >>11843261
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1472775882528.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1472775882528.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>11870803
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
Threadly reminder that Tom Ford Private Blend is not as good as you think it is, as well as wayyy overpriced for the shitty sillage and/or longevity.
>>
>>11870853
>shitty sillage and/or longevity
wut

regardless of how it smells, most of them are sillage bombs except for Neroli Portofino, its flankers, and their other summery scents

>Tobacco Vanille
>Tuscan Leather
>Plum Japonais
>Noir de Noir
>Oud Wood
way easy to gas people people with these scents
>>
>>11870864
>and/or longevity
>>
>>11870853
Well since we're already almost there, let's start this off with a topic question of the thread?

What are the most overrated or overpriced frags circlejerked by the frag enthusiast community?
>>
>>11870878
Aventus, by far
>>
>>11870878
Tabacco Vanille. After so much praise, I couldn't believe how straightforward it was. Parfums de Marly Herod is what I expected TV to be.

(Not a TF hater; NDN and TL are absolutely gorgeous)

>>11870883
Same. Can't help but feel like there's something I'm missing considering the universal acclaim
>>
What's a solid bad/pretty boy fragrance? No price range, good for like 50s rainy weather. I dress kind of like street wear/monochrome. Thanks.
>>
Going to ask again, because I didn't get many responses

Looking for an oriental, long-lasting fragrance that's appropriate for warm weather

Plz help
>>
>>11871289
Nightflight by Joop!
>>
>>11871289
>oriental
>for warm weather
good luck senpai

off the top of my head, maybe Body Kouros? i dont really get too much of a oriental vibe from it
>>
>>11871289
I said it last thread as well, but OP image is what you're looking for if you want an oriental that can be worn in warm weather. As >>11871318 says, you're looking for something kind of uncommon.
>>
Looking for a floral, masculine or androgynous fragrance that uses unusual flower notes.

I would also like it to have good longevity and be summer appropriate.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>11870853
sucks when ur poor and u have to worry about the price tag of ur fragrances rather than the scents
>>
File: 20161015_011904.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_011904.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
20 y/o here. thoughts on my collection?
some of my shit is like 8 years old.
>who actually finishes bottles of cologne?
>>
>buy 40 samples
>oh, smelling is cool and fun, i want to smell more
>buy 75 more samples
>moment of realization
>spent nearly $500 this month on perfume
>still don't own a bottle of perfume

i feel like i'm doing this wrong
>>
>>11872155
which are your favourites?
>>
>>11872122
Dem greasy finger marks
>>
>>11872178
I apply a scentless moisturizer to my neck/chest before I spray to make the sprays last a little longer. that means my hands are greasy as fuck when I go to apply it.
>>
>>11872157
so far?

diptyque eau duelle edt (have the parfum coming to see if i like it better)
bryedo gypsy water
tom ford noir de noir
dior homme

kinda trying to stay away from memes and designer stuff, as i don't want to smell like everyone else. but i also don't want to rule anything out without trying it first; 'cause i'm primarily interested in wearing whatever makes me feel good, and if that's a meme scent, so be it.
>>
File: A-Men%20Pure%20wood-500x500[1].jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A-Men%20Pure%20wood-500x500[1].jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Is it woody enough?
>>
Male
looking for something around 50/60 euros
Something for the winter, masculine, everyday wear
Any recommendations?
>>
>>11872211
unless you live in a metropolitan area no one except you wears anything other than axe or mediocre designers (acqua di gio, sauvage, cool water, Aventus clones) that you wouldn't be interested in anyway. Even though frags like guerlain vetiver and Dior homme are probably considered 'meme-tier' here, I'd be pretty surprised if I smelled them on someone else.
>>
>>11872155
iktfb

i think i'm gonna pull the trigger soon and buy a bottle of something.... i think
>>
>>11871522
Hermes Eau de Gentiane blanche

i think it fits your description perfectly
>>
>>11870821
fuck you you didnt answer mine last thread faggot
>>
How do I determine which season a fragrance would be used for?
>>
>>11873115
Fresh/Floral = Spring/Summer

Woodsy/Spicy = Autumn/Winter

Just as a general idea. It's not set in stone, however.
>>
>>11873115
basically what >>11873128 said

and get a "feel" for the fragrance itself. would you describe it as "heavy" or "light"? light scents for warm weather, heavy scents for cold weather, e.g., a citrusy scent vs. a spicy vanilla one
>>
>>11870875

I think tobacco vanille and tuscan leather both last 8 hours easily
>>
>>11873144
48 hours if you don't shower.

Ask me how I know.
>>
>>11873128
>>11873141

Thanks.
>>
>>11872784
The only thing preventing me from telling you is the thing that's prevented me from trying anything from the A*MEN line: I hate the bottle. It looks so juvenile. And cheap. It may as well be AXE. A shame though, because I'm sure I'd love Havane and Malt. I would just feel like a douche spraying something that looks like that. A bad bottle ruins the whole experience for me.
>>
>>11873478
You're not alone anon.
>>
>>11873478
>>11873515
Third vote for Mugler has shitty bottles which I'd be ashamed to display in my collection.

>>11873113
>angrily addressing the OP pasta
At least try and be polite when demanding to be spoonfed, robot-kun.
>>
Any good, masculine, but prominently violet scents?
>>
I wear the gold JUST by Cavalli and Eau Fraiche by Versace and I regularly get told I smell nice, especially with the Cavalli one (which is a lot more expensive, sadly)
>>
Can anybody recommend a decent tobacco/vanilla/amber scent? Looking for something with fairly decent base notes.
>>
>>11873829
Tobacco Vanille, Eau des Baux, Sweet Tobacco (1821), Tabac Rogue
>>
File: unnamed_1_31.jpg (95KB, 651x920px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed_1_31.jpg
95KB, 651x920px
>>11873515
>>11873684
It's not like they couldn't put it in a more sophisticated bottle. I think that the "dudes" demographic, everyday joes who may conflate elegance with femininity, are probably more likely to try/buy something that doesn't look like a traditional perfume bottle.

That and putting it in a nicer bottle means they'd have to raise the price, if for no other reason than perception and marketing. Part of A*MEN's success is that it's not terribly expensive.
>>
>>11873876
It's the same with Spicebomb or the stuff Paco Rabanne puts out: tacky but memorable bottle designs that are as much part of the product as the scent within. Ironically it reminds me of feminine run of the mill perfume more than anything, with their candy-ass shapes and whatnot.

It's also not helping that all of Mugler's mainstream stuff always had that late 90's / early 2000's Crazy Frog kitschy vibe to my eyes, so even if I liked how A*Men smells, the association itself would kill it for me.

My favourite designer fragrance bottle has got to be either M7 or TF Noir: just a rectangular box with a cap and either a silver stripe or some texture to the sides. In fact, it's what made me pick up M7 in the first place.
>>
Anyone have experience with the Parfum version of Terre d'Hermes?

How is longevity? How does it compare to the regular?
>>
>>11874224
Can't compare it to the edt, but on my skin it's one of those shifty scents that seemingly disappear after a couple of hours but it's just me getting used to them.

I once did the usual four-five sprays in total in the morning and after five hours couldn't really smell it. Another five hours later without reapplying I went to my friends' and the first thing his gf mentioned greeting me was the perfume.
>>
1. Im concerned I smell bad passively. I shower and wash daily and have good personal hygiene, but its always a concern of mine. Any way to check if I do and if so how do I fix it

2. I tend to sweat a reasonable amount. I walk up a hill to college and this is generally when it happens but also passively, or if Im uncomfortable asking something or similar. What can I do here? I just use a standard grocery store deodorant.
>>
>>11874535
get an antiperspirant. I use mitchum unscented roll on antiperspirant (available in supermarkets), but there are other more powerful ones you can buy from drugstores or the internet

a bit of talcum powder in other spots where you sweat a lot can help
>>
>>11874535
>concerned I smell bad passively
>have good personal hygiene
Well, which is it? If you clean yourself thoroughly and shower twice a day, you should be fine. How can you not tell whether or not you smell bad? Either you do, or you don't. Does your laundry smell fresh or is it stale?

If you think you're a bit dank smelling, upgrade to antibacterial bath soap (Dial / Safeguard) and remove body hair in sweat-prone areas.
>>
>>11874768
My clothes smell fine after being washed, though if I try smelling tshirts before theyve been washed, the underarms arent the greatest. Ive shaved my underarms, but Im not sure how much its helped. My main concern with being unable to tell comes from thinking that Ive gotten used to it; I had a class with a guy last year who smelled like rotting water, for lack of a better description, and I figured he must be unaware of it.

>>11874657
Thank you, Ill see if I can find some and use talcum in the meantime.
>>
>>11870853
Man shut the fuck up I like the smell
>>
>>11874889
I believe shaving your underarms will actually cause them to sweat more.
>>
>My favourite designer fragrance bottle has got to be either M7 or TF Noir

Mine's Chanel No.5, or really the whole classic Chanel look (like their Exclusifs line). Clear bottle, black cap, perfect typography on a white field. Bliss. I hate that their Allure line doesn't follow; the A L L U R E across the front... blah. I don't mind Edition Blanche as much for some reason. Would rather it look like Sycomore. Would settle for Egoiste.

Lately I've been in love with pic related though. Have never tried it, but fuck me it's a stunner.
>>
>>11875016
Responding to >>11874222
Sorry bout that.
>>
>>11872155
>buy no samples
>blind buy every bottle after exhausting research
>happy with every purchase
>>
>>11875065
which fragrances have surprised you the most despite exhausting research done on them?
>>
>>11875092
Midnight in Paris. Definitely lives up to every single piece of hype that surrounds it.
>>
>>11875095
I thought it was quite lovely, especially considering the price. But then as I was drinking a glass of wine, I smelled the perfume on my arm and instantly felt nauseated.

There's an artificial note in there, I don't know quite which one, that makes me queasy. Otherwise I'd own a bottle as well.
>>
Some more recent sample reviews

>Escentric Molecules Escentric 01
I really don't like vetiver, and whatever note in this smells like vetiver to me ruins it. If I could get past that, it's a pleasant and low-key fragrance.

Montblanc Individuel
>Ew. Sweet and synthetic. Made me a bit nauseous.

>Perry Ellis 360 Red
Really does smell pretty similar to ADG. A bit less citrusy. It's nice, but I'd probably just stick with ADG if I wanted to wear something like that.

Diptyque - Tam Dao
I thought maybe I'd hate this since I'm not a fan of cypress or some other woody frags, but this was pretty good. I'll definitely be trying it again.

>L'Artisan Tea For Two
Not a fan. As much as I love tea, I haven't found any tea frags that I like. I thought this might be a winner since I like Burberry London which also has noticeable tobacco and cinnamon notes, but the tea smell ruined it. Reminded me of Republic of Tea Dream By The Fire, which I really don't like to drink.
>>
>>11875016
GPH II isn't bad, but the tea note doesn't mesh well with me.

I'm waiting for a bottle of D&G The One to come in -- should've gotten the damn EDP instead of EDT. Oh, well.
>>
>>11875166
>D&G The One
Very good fragrance, great bottle, mediocre typography (hate that stacked text, wish they'd centered "the one" near the top, or done it in handwriting in the middle like the Desire and Essence flankers; D&G placement always looks like it should be lower on the bottle, but can't because "the one" is under it)
>>
>>11875158
>Escentric Molecules Escentric 01
The first time I smelled it, I thought I liked it.

The second time, I wondered what I was thinking the first time.

Will revisit it, but in a world with a million perfumes, I kinda don't know why I'm bothering. It didn't bring me joy, and I didn't find it memorable, so what's the point?
>>
What is the best test of a perfume?

How it smells on you after 3 minutes, 30 minutes, or 3 hours?
>>
File: axebergamot.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
axebergamot.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
What are the best CHEAP scents? Sure, that chart has alot of scents which are $60 or so, but what about cheaper stuff in like the $30 and less range?

What are the essential colognes anyone new to the hobby should have?

I bought a bottle of Mahogany Woods from Bath and Body and it's great since it smells like cedar up front, but then it gets waaay too sweet and booze smelling so I had to return it. Only one of their I really like is Elixir White.

Ive been buying a lot of expensive stuff recently and it's sad that I can't find anything that I love as much as Tabac, or even the discontinued Axe Bergamot.
>>
>>11875275
boss bottled
rochas man
starwalker
individuel
versace pour homme
>>
>>11875275
You didn't like the elixir black?
>>
>>11875230
Yeah, I'd only recommend it to someone who wants to smell nice but doesn't want to smell like they sprayed something on. I like Escentric 02 a lot better though.
>>
>>11875240
I'd say 30 minutes to an hour. At that point, it's the smell that will stick around the longest and it's the smell that other people will be smelling if you put it on before you go out somewhere.
>>
>>11875275
>What are the best CHEAP scents?
go to your local grocery store and rub herbs and fruits on your body

also please not at my local grocery store
>>
>>11875275
deadset
ck one shock is great for the price
>>
>>11875275
CK one (~$20)
Nautica voyage (~$20)
Armaf tres nuit (Green Irish Tweed clone, copped 100ml for $22 online)
Burberry London (~$30)
>>
Is Tuscan Leather the best Tom Ford winter fragrance?
>>
>>11875065
This is me

Granted, I've only bought 2 so far, but I'm 2 for 2
>>
>>11875065 #
Are you me? Approaching 100 bottles, and only three or four were properly tested / demoed beforehand. I'm too impatient to order samples online and too antisocial to go department store bottle sniffing regularly. Still, only a handful of truly regretful purchases and overall very happy with my selections.
>>
>>11875487
I'm partial to Tobacco Oud myself.
>>
File: nd.2672.jpg (47KB, 300x445px) Image search: [Google]
nd.2672.jpg
47KB, 300x445px
Help a virgin out. what is better to wear

1.the meme frags that bitches love

2.or stuf that I love and give me confidence but they don't cus they're tasteless whores. For reference my favorites are Green Irish Tweed and Vetiver Tonka
>>
>>11876183
Most fragrances are pretty palatable to women in general. Women's tastes are pretty basic too, so the 2 can overlap quite easily.
>>
>>11872844
London for Men
>>
>>11872844

this >>11876199
>>
Is Eau Savage going to suit a guy like me who's 22 and has a bit of a babyface?
>>
File: nd.5921.jpg (65KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
nd.5921.jpg
65KB, 300x315px
Daily reminder that this juice is a fucking sleeper. Put your nose on it and cop a bottle.

This shit is amazing.
>>
>>11876183
>cus they're tasteless whores
If they were tasteless whores you wouldn't be a virgin.
>>
>>11876271
Kekkkkkk
>>
File: Invasion Barabre by MDCI_42156.jpg (335KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Invasion Barabre by MDCI_42156.jpg
335KB, 1280x1280px
>>11875016
>>11874222

Not for everyone, but I love MDCI's bottle designs, Hellenic imagery, elegant and attention to detail.

It's quite collectable just for the bottle. Shame about the pricing though.
>>
>>11876337
Another good call. I have a tester of that coming specifically because I want to have the bust bottle.
>>
>>11876337
aesthetic
>>
>>11876234
It's very nice but struck me as a mature, white collar, fragrance that would make a 40 year old smell older than he is.

Whether it suits you depends entirely on who you are, where you're wearing it, and what you're trying to accomplish. But one could argue that liking it means it suits you just fine.
>>
>>11876238
this is going to be my first blind buy. thank you kind sir for bringing this cheapie to my attention
>>
File: 1996-G-a-LIBR-PERRAULT1-814x368.jpg (123KB, 814x368px) Image search: [Google]
1996-G-a-LIBR-PERRAULT1-814x368.jpg
123KB, 814x368px
>>11870821
Male, any price, California winter (so, uh, cool not cold I guess), like Polo Blue but am looking for something a bit more peppery/woody/dark but subtle and professional and NOT for "going to the club", personal style: neutral core (i.e. looks like I wear uniqlo and live in a nondescript city in a nondescript part of america in an apartment with nondescript ikea furnishing)

tl;dr basically just peppery/woody/dark but subtle scents that are professional enough to wear to work. Black pepper more than anything.
>>
>>11876659
*I like/currently wear Polo Blue, but am looking for...etc etc.
>>
File: 62009w.jpg (58KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
62009w.jpg
58KB, 600x600px
>>11876659
I swear by this and you should to
#1 hidden gem
>>
File: 146974658459.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
146974658459.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>11876337
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>11876779
already tried it
>>
What are the longest lasting year-round scents that you all have tried? Looking for something that will last a full workday and thensome
>>
File: 1456010188374.png (220KB, 338x393px) Image search: [Google]
1456010188374.png
220KB, 338x393px
>>Get sample of Sauvage Dior from Nordstrom
>>Oh man this smells like actual pinetrees, like this smells like Christmas I love this
>>20 minutes pass
>>I'm coughing and getting a headache because it smells like Pinesol

It's amazing the difference between top notes and the rest. I just can't trust blind-buying anything after almost gassing myself with Dior.
>>
>>11878401
All-season, full workday approved:
Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace for Him* / Chez Bond
Dior Sauvage / Aqua Fahrenheit
Guerlain Vetiver* / Vetiver Extreme
Mancera Cedrat Boise* / Gold Intensive Aoud / Kumkat Wood

Fall/Winter/Spring:
JHaG Another Oud*
Mancera Aoud Line* / Aoud Café
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Dior Fahrenheit
Rasasi La Yuqawam

Summer only:
Bond Eau de New York (longest lasting citrus aromatic / cologne style parfum)

* denotes especially persistent perfumes; these should last well beyond 8 hours and may even require extra scrubbing in the shower to fully remove

If you like a fragrance that won't quite make it through an 8 hour day, just buy a few small atomizers and mini funnels (Amazon has good ones). Carry 5ml with you and reapply as desired.
>>
What temp should you keep your fragrance at? I've kept one of mine in my car to spray just before work, but it's getting really fucking cold at night now and the fragrance gets coils
>>
>>11878974
cold is fine
>>
>>11878974
Heat is bad. Cold isn't too harmful. The more important thing is to avoid wide swings in temperature. Car is generally a bad place to keep fragrance. I'm personally about to fall for the keeping perfume in a wine cellar meme, but probably won't buy the unit until Spring since the weather has cooled off for the Fall.
>>
>>11879426
>keeping perfume in a wine cellar meme

i feel like that's a red flag. not quite on par with a display case of anime figures. more like a patrick bateman kind of move.

i live in los angeles though, so i understand the struggle.
>>
>>11878414
Slumberhouse Norne, join me
>>
Having trouble choosing between the following scents /fa/, thoughts? Ideally I'd like something for the winter, with good longevity and something the bitches love cause I'm a vain faggot:

Dior Sauvage
Bleu de Chanel
Dior Homme Intense
Spicebomb Extreme
A* Men Pure Malt
Burberry London
>>
>>11880197
I think London is great for Autumn and winter and my ex seemed to really like it on me.
>>
>>11880030
LA here also. I just have to protect my investment. Thousands of dollars into this hobby, and I want to enjoy my collection ten years from now when everything is "vintage".
>>
>>11880197
IMO: Pure Malt>Bleu de Chanel>>>>>Sauvage>Homme

Pure Malt is delicious and Bleu is p nice. Personally not a fan of the Diors at all.
I don't think I've smelled Spicebomb or London, tho I've generally liked all the other Burberrys I've tried.
>>
>>11880395
Had A*Men original before, wasn't a fan of the chocolate/tobacco smells. Is Pure Malt similar?
>>
>>11880197
Sauvage will get you the most compliments from women. I also personally enjoy it lots despite mostly being a niche brand faggot. You can also wear Sauvage year round.

Bleu is nice but it's not very distinctive. Not a fan of DHI. I think it's a meme fragrance and a strong candidate for >>11870878
>>
Help me decide on a date scent between the following
Dior Sauvage
Ysl la nuit de l'homme
Versace eros
>>
>>11880464
la nuit imo
>never smelled eros and i don't like sauvage
>>
>>11880472
Even considering the new formulation? Heard bad things about it
>>
>>11880404
I don't find them to be all that similar desu, to me Pure Malt is much more comfy and less sickly/shrill than the original can be.
I like them both but I'd say it's still worth sampling even if you weren't a fan of the original.
>>
>>11880497
just gotta roll with the punches of reformulation
>>
>>11880734
>rewarding bad behavior
There are literally thousands of other scents out there, so why stick with a fragrance when the manufacturer ruins its performance and longevity?
>>
sheeeeeeeit I just got terre dhermes and although it's not what i expected, i'm very pleased with this blind buy. doesn't seem all that dark to me, but i'm a novice at fragrance stuff
>>
File: loewe-001-s.jpg (23KB, 489x250px) Image search: [Google]
loewe-001-s.jpg
23KB, 489x250px
>no more free samples on the website
>can't find it anywhere even tho I live in a big city

WHY Jonathan, WHY
>>
>>11880907
YSL were forced to reformulate LNDL due to new EU regulations on some of the ingredients
>>
>>11881439
it's not dark at all. it's a nice, fresh-but-earthy year-round citrus.

if you like it, you may want to try others by the same dude: http://www.fragrantica.com/noses/Jean-Claude_Ellena.html
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1dPyk1abPw

what fragrance will achieve this?
>>
>>11882079
Black Afgano
Demeter Cannabis Flower smells like a rice krispie treat weed edible
>>
What kind of frag do you picture A$AP Rocky wearing?
>>
>>11882083
Oh how lame, I just got a sample and haven't tried it yet. Was excited because it's literally looks like watery ink, and I really like Duro. No interest in smelling like "lol weed."
>>
>going to the cinema
>horror film
>hmm, what to wear, what to wear
>apply cdg black, because i'm not creative
>oh shit, gotta take a shit
>go shit
>too late to make it to the movie on time
>tfw i essentially put on perfume for my trip to the bathroom
>tfw no compliments from any of the inanimate objects therein
fuck it, i'm going to bed
>>
>>11882190
jesus, how long does it take you to shit?
>takes me like 5-10 mins
you must have been running late already
>>
>>11882099
raf simons rick owens
>>
>>11882079
smoke for the soul
>>
>>11882209
i was running late already. sometimes 5 minutes makes all the diff. would have been walking in at the end of previews at best, most likely missing the first 5 minutes.
>>
>>11881692
thanks for the link

any recs for a darker, woody scent??
>>
File: china_white.jpg (161KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
china_white.jpg
161KB, 683x1024px
>>11882083
About 30 minutes into this now. All these dark woodsy incensey frags with a bit of shrubbery thrown in seem to blend together in my mind. And in my nose. Really quite bored of them, and really not my style anyway.

On the other hand, China White is drying down on my other arm and is quite the little charmer and I love it. But very few guys can pull it off, including myself. Like the kind of guy who can pull off a fit with Gucci fur slippers would wear it beautifully.

>>11882447
I mean, you could start with Encre Noir like everyone else does and go from there? Really depends what you're looking for. There are a million, but I'll let someone who actually likes the genre make suggestions.
>>
File: 6306915568_f8f9444c24_z[1].jpg (88KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
6306915568_f8f9444c24_z[1].jpg
88KB, 640x427px
>>
Do you guys carry frag on the go?

What kind of frag do you take with you when you go out?
>>
File: 93658d0c_b9_visual_1_.jpg (436KB, 1280x1657px) Image search: [Google]
93658d0c_b9_visual_1_.jpg
436KB, 1280x1657px
Thoughts on pic related anyone?
>>
>>11883165
Small atomizer of whatever I'm wearing that day. I decant and keep mini travel vials of every fragrance I buy.
>>
>>11883165
No, I've never needed to? I haven't had anything not last the ~10 hrs I am usually out for yet.
>>
Any Cedrat Boise lovers here? This stuff lasts forever and gets attention from females.
>>
File: 1376469711242.png (363KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1376469711242.png
363KB, 500x500px
>M
>$0-$80
>Fall/winter/snowy
>Every day and/or music performance
>Like: Spicy, cinnamon, lavender vanilla, wassail, cloves, coconut
>Dislike: Excessive floral smell, licorice, excessive citrus
>Can be found online for a better price than list I guess
>I'm a bassist, so whatever you think would suit a bassist

Hope that's enough info.
>>
File: 233488388.jpg (23KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
233488388.jpg
23KB, 475x475px
Anything similar to pic related but without the price tag?
>>
File: 234469462alt1.jpg (109KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
234469462alt1.jpg
109KB, 1425x1425px
Can anyone recommend a nice daytime fragrance. Not too fruity, I guess I like slightly grassy and fresh but not sweet. Current daytime is pic related. Special occasion choice is ADP Leather.
>>
File: nd.35678.jpg (92KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
nd.35678.jpg
92KB, 300x444px
>like the bottle
>want the bottle
>don't really enjoy the juice
>can't buy the bottle

i know you know the feel. post 'em.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 700x700px
>>11885552
I haven't sampled it but I'm not sure I'd actually like it. Bottle looks great though
>>
>>11873302
How do you know?
>>
>>11885051
live jazz? i dunno what a stupid criteria to base (hur) a fragrance on
>>
>>11875487
more or less yes
>>
maybe if i explain my situation i can get the help i wanted

i currently own 250ml of tv and 50ml of TL and i pretty much wear TV like a daily for the colder months and the TL is just for special occasions

I want to get a fragrance similar to TV but it can be different for every day wear
somewhat sweet vanilla fragrances are my favorite
has to be cheaper than TFPB but not by much
I was looking at feve deliceius which i know i somewhat like already and there's a new LV frag with 3 vanillas contre moi i believe
any other suggestions?
thanks in advance anons
>>
>>11885057
you could try this maybe
>>
>>11886750

Thanks I'll check it out.
>>
help me decide:
Animale Animale
Mont Blanc
Armaf Tres Nuit
Armaf Club De Nuit

for reference I'm 20, not really classy so I don't want anything I can't pull off, want something subtle/cheap that I can blind buy because I don't know shit about frag and want to start entry level

i'm open to suggestion
>>
>>11876238
Tell me more about it.
>>
>>11887096
my ex bought me mont blanc for christmas a few years back
it's pretty hard to wear IMO. i'm 20 also. It's pretty classy, but definitely for older 30+ crowd.
havent tried the others. about to blind buy animale animale because its a cheapie.
>>
>>11887096
>Mont Blanc
>>11887398
>mont blanc
Montblanc is a house. http://www.fragrantica.com/designers/Montblanc.html Which frag(s) are you guys talking about?
>>
>>11887440

sorry I meant Individuel
>>
>>11875275
Chrome legend is about 25 bucks and smells expensive
>>
>>11870883

Same. Not much other than a weird grapefruit flavour smell to me.
>>
anywhere i can get some sort of sampler pack for some good or popular scents?
>>
>>11888304
In OP
>>
>>11887096
IMO club de nuit if you factor in price, smell and appeal. as much as noses hate to admit it, Aventus is huge and will get you positive attention. I've heard Animale smells like a*men, which can be hard to pull off. Tres nuit (GIT) leans more mature. don't bother with any Mont Blanc, generic swill.
>>
File: 8435137713363.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8435137713363.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
got quite a few compliments with this one
>>
How many times do you guys usually spray yourselves and where do you spray?
>>
>>11888441
once under tongue, once under balls
>>
>>11885057
https://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/tobaccos-oudh-for-men
Anyone else use clone oils? I have 1 million, TF oud wood and afgano black on the way.

Also is TF Tobacco Vanille a meme? Tried it in a shop and it genuinely makes me feel ill with how nasty it is
>>
>>11888487
Hehe

You're funny
>>
>>11887440
Whoops. I was talking about Legend.
>>
>>11888511
I spray once on my upper chest, lower neck.

Some people spray on circulation points like wrists or inner elbows.

Some spray on shoulders.

Some spray on back of neck.

Some with long hair, usually women, spray the ends of their hair.

Number of sprays depends on how strong the perfume is. 3 is a pretty common number. Some people double it. Which seems insane to me, but maybe they're using cologne or something.
>>
>>11888441
Three or four depending on the strength.
Wrist, back of neck, maybe chest.
>>
File: Parfums-d-empire[1].jpg (207KB, 794x672px) Image search: [Google]
Parfums-d-empire[1].jpg
207KB, 794x672px
>>
>>11888494
ime you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of spraying a bad tester if you're sniffing in dept stores or sephora.
>>
People who still regard Creed's Aventus. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?
>>
>>11890518
>still regard
what did he mean by this?
>>
This may seem counter-intuitive, but can any of you recommend scents for people with very sensitive noses? I'm not allergic, but aggressive smells very often give me migraines. However I don't want to sacrifice smelling good.
>>
>>11886549
Why?
>>
Need something cozy for fall and winter with Amber. Price isn't an issue.
>>
>>11890765
BdC EDP is breddy comfy
>>
>>11888275

It smells like eating a pineapple by a campfire along with something salty. I really like the concept of it, that's why I bought it and I was not disappointed.
>>
>>11890765
Tom Ford Amber Absolute
L'Artisan Parfumeur Ambre Extreme
Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan
Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
Hermes L'Ambre des Merveilles
Maitre Parfumeur er Gantier Ambre Precieux
Christian Dior Ambre Nuit
Armani Prive Ambre Eccentrico
>>
>>11890633
Anything created buy Jean Claude Ellena. He's the in-house perfumer at Hermes, so, it's probably best to start there
>>
>>11888494

Not a fan either. Way too sweet for me.
>>
File: dreamer.png (123KB, 691x367px) Image search: [Google]
dreamer.png
123KB, 691x367px
>sampling perfume
>do not like
>read reviews on fragrantica to see what i'm missing
>see positive review
>"everyone compliments me and asks me what i'm wearing!"
>click profile

if he's right, i'm fine being wrong.
>>
File: favorite.png (53KB, 485x152px) Image search: [Google]
favorite.png
53KB, 485x152px
>>11891481
That's a sound way to research fragrances on Fragrantica / Basenotes. Gotta find reviewers whose tastes match your own and who own fragrances you're interested in. Thumbs down whack reviews all day.

Related, post your own Fragrantica top 5 or Basenotes most worn.
>>
>>11888494
>Also is TF Tobacco Vanille a meme? Tried it in a shop and it genuinely makes me feel ill with how nasty it is

I've never had an issue with Tobacco Vanille. Noir? THAT makes me nauseous.
>>
>>11891657
>Thumbs down whack reviews all day.
It's nice to feel your vote counts for some things. I especially disdain people who advertise their bottle for sale in the FG reviews.
>>
>>11885075
versace pour homme maybe?
>>
>>11891792
Based Kouros guy makes the thread
>>
>>11890633
Mugler Cologne is pretty light.
>>
>>11891941
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEGROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS
>>
>>11892010
You're my hero
>>
>>11890275
What do you mean by bad tester? It was a fairly high end dept store and it matched what people described it as (just also made me ill). Lynx tobacco & amber seems like a much nicer product being very "gentle" and the vanilla doesn't smell synthetic.
>>
>>11890633
Mugler Cologne
Silver Mountain Water
Dior Homme Cologne
Voyage d'Hermes
Tam Dao

I suffer from migraine as well, and these are all very safe for me. I had a bad experience recently with Versace pour Homme. Don't recommend that one at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnpB_jBIrr8

I want to smell like this beat

What should I wear
>>
>>11885057
why everything TM has to be so expensive but soo good, daddy pls
>>
Is Aventus really so popular? Or is that only in very trendy cities?
>>
File: 12763575843573.jpg (181KB, 937x1280px) Image search: [Google]
12763575843573.jpg
181KB, 937x1280px
A question about Guerlain Vetiver. I'm about to blind buy it, can't sample etc etc.
I'm looking for a nice warm/hot weather frag with good longevity, and this seems like the perfect fit.
I like all I've read about it, aside from the dozens that say it was killed with reformulations (which is understandable given its age).
But, is the current juice good? Or any sort of 'really good' on its own, nevermind the past.
>>
>>11892761
It's fantastic in its current form.
>>
>>11892761
It's essential for how cheap it is

Especially good for when you will be around older women
>>
File: hail-to-the-king-baby-o.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hail-to-the-king-baby-o.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>11892111
>>
>>11892010
hahaha nice
>>
Thoughts on Ambre Narguile?

It was hyped a while back but is it still a top tier pick?
>>
File: empire-by-trump.jpg (63KB, 1000x509px) Image search: [Google]
empire-by-trump.jpg
63KB, 1000x509px
>>
>>11895363
is there a single thread you fags don't shill in?
>>
>>11895388
>triggered by a name
It was just a page 10 bump
MAGA all the same
>>
File: 10029568_hi.jpg (93KB, 1360x1836px) Image search: [Google]
10029568_hi.jpg
93KB, 1360x1836px
I wore this shit my junior year of high school and shit was cash, anything similar that isn't trash
Fragrance Notes:Top - Bergamot, Mandarin Fruit.
Mid - Black Pepper, Wild Lavender.
Bottom - Cedar, Sandalwood.

yes I'm serious
>>
Bought the largest bottle of YSL L'homme. It smells amazing and will be a great daily wear for my corporate job.

I'm looking at Creed Aventus for my next purchase.
>>
>>11892741
I was about to say that I've never smelled it on anyone but then I realize I'm a recluse who avoids going to bars and clubs and I'm really lonely now
>>
>>11895982
English Laundry Riviera looks like it matches up pretty well. Never tried it though.
>>
Someone talk me out of dropping $300 on Aventus

please
>>
>>11896526
Aventus is mediocre in every sense of the word.

Mediocre smell, mediocre performance. The only thing that isn't mediocre about it is the extreme price tag.

You will literally beat your testicles off if you realize how average it is
>>
>>11896544
Well then what IS the GOAT year-round, complex, long-lasting fragrance with almost universal praise?

Because Aventus is the only thing I've seen that fits the bill
>>
Surprisingly unisex

Please reassure me that I'm not gay for being a 19 year old guy who wears this shit
>>
>>11896526
Don't pay retail. Large tester bottles drop to $205 or so on Beautyspin sometimes.

Sample other, less expensive fragrances in the same style. Scent of Peace for Him, Cedrat Boise. I have and enjoy all three more or less equally.
>>
File: 1039w.jpg (40KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1039w.jpg
40KB, 600x564px
>>11896557
Forgot pic, I'm retarded
>>
>>11894101
Yes, the entire Hermessence line is incredible. That said, I would highly suggest checking out Oajan from Parfums de Marly. Smells very similar but just more opulent. Performance is ridiculous too
>>
Would it be a bad idea to wear Tuscan Leather in warm weather?
>>
>>11896564
Embrace your gayness, or just realise a smell doesn't determine your sexuality.
If it smells good then don't worry about marketing.
>>
>>11896702
i think so. could possibly get away with it after 5 though. really depends on the situation.
>>
>>11896553
>year-round
there's your problem.

would you wear the same wardrobe all year round? of course not. why should fragrances be any different
>>
>>11896553
don't know if i can help you there, but bal d'afrique is pretty great 6 months of the year. if you live in a warm nearly season-less climate i could see it being a year-rounder.

>>11896963
i dunno man. there are plenty of year rounders that work as sig-scents for day to day wear in the office, etc. and are never out of place. but i generally think such a frag is more low key than aventus. aventus seems to be worn by people who want to make a statement, or who watch youtube videos on "panty droppin frag broooo!!!"
>>
>>11896526
Bought it well over three years ago and quickly grew bored of it. Almost never wear it any more.
>>
File: so_far.png (204KB, 896x998px) Image search: [Google]
so_far.png
204KB, 896x998px
fiftyish samples in, these are on the short list of niche frags. terre d'hermes and dior homme are the designers i've liked so far. ysl nuit, m7, and l'homme, margiela jazz club and fireplace, midnight in paris, and nasomatto duro and china white are on the bubble. there are more i like, but not in bottle consideration. some are worthy of a decant, others are just too old for me to wear now.

have about 50 samples sitting here; creed (who i haven't exactly loved so far), serge lutens, guerlain, tauer, kilian, profumum, le labo, histories..., cartier, chanel, and dior.

have another hundred or so on my list of things i want to try. but that list just keeps getting longer the more i'm exposed to.

i've had a half bottle of wine tonight... bought some clothes, but still can't seem to pull the trigger on any frags. feel like i have to finish the samples i have first.

thanks for reading my blog. thread's been quiet the last couple days, so figure someone out there wouldn't mind having something to read.
>>
>>11897049
i find myself mostly gravitating towards quieter frags that get vanilla-ey or creamy, mixed with light florals. invasion barbare, gypsy water, eau duelle, and fils de dieu all kind of fit the bill. fuck, even herod and noir have a bit of vanilla.

i was surprised i liked the heeley. generally don't like fresh frags, but that one opened my eyes. i live near the beach in los angeles, so something beachy like that would be a great year-rounder for me. but i haven't explored many fresh frags at all (i really hate fresh green scents), so i feel like i have a lot of homework to do in the fresh citrus/aquatic range +hermes.
>>
>>11897049
Which Lutens did you try and what did you think of them?
>>
File: o.39579.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o.39579.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
Does anyone else where this?

I just blind bought it and thought it was okay at first but now the weather is cooling off I have to say its a god tier scent.

So many compliments.
>>
I called Sephora and asked for Aqua Di Gio Perfumo 125ml and they told me its out of stock but they have 180ml. I was blown away when I heard AQUA DI GIO PROFUMO 180ML actually exists! As to my knowledge I know it's available in 40, 75 and 125ml. I'm a bit confused here. Will you guys help me? Does Giorgio Armani Perfumes produce 180ML of ADGP? If yes, has anyone seen it in original Armani stores? Should I buy the 180ml available at Sephora? Will it be diluted? Please help!
>>
>>11897433
I have Dior Homme already and I hear they're very similar to each other. I want to try it though.
>>
>>11897537

Similar but not very similar. This smells like a combination of ysl la nuit de l'homme, dior homme, and the original uomo... Which creates a completely different scent from all the others.
>>
>>11897530
180ml Essenza is offered. It stands to reason that 180ml Profumo should be available as well. Armani seem do that with their EdP offerings. AdG EdT is sold in the more standard 100 and 200ml bottle sizes.
>>
>>11883332
So I blind bought this and got it yesterday. Instant top five fragrance for me. White florals, citrus, oud, musk, saffron, amber. Amazing blend. I couldn't stop grinning as I sniffed myself all evening last night. When I woke up this morning I could smell it all over my bed and it was still strong on my body through my AM shower. Fantastic.
>>
>>11897585
>180ml Essenza is offered.
>AdG EdT is sold in the more standard 100 and 200ml bottle sizes.
I know this.

But still it's pretty vague about AdGP 180ML offering without prior notice. They should have at least mentioned it on their official website. What if I bought 180ml bottle and it turns out to be diluted fake? Much concerned here. Do Sephora sell fake?
>>
>>11897628
>Do [Nation's largest retail fragrance chain] sell fakes?
That's some next level paranoia, friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
third bottle + samples galore
>>
File: 3360372115519_swv2.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
3360372115519_swv2.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
>was wearing pic related at work
>qt female coworker walked up beside me and put her nose to my neck and breathed deep then said I smelled good and walked away
>she's weird but cute
>this is all i've ever wanted from wearing colognes
>>
>>11897906
:)
>>
>>11897906
God damnit this

Listen, I appreciate the artistry and the skill that goes into perfumery and I've become more enthralled with more and more unique perfumes.

But at the end of the way, even if most of us don't admit it, we just want to smell good to impress others. Not all, but most of us lmao
>>
>>11898323
For some reason I find it weird I honestly don't wear fragrances for other people. I do a ton of other shit to impress other people, especially lifting, but fragrances I honestly just do for me.
>>
is there any decent man/unisex frag with forest fruits note?
>>
25 y/o man, looking for something for everyday use and for all seasons. I like spicy notes but those masculine heavy scents don't suit me, I feel to young for those.
>>
File: img_9382.jpg (17KB, 330x430px) Image search: [Google]
img_9382.jpg
17KB, 330x430px
did i fuck up?
>>
>>11898710
well do you like it you retard?
>>
>>11898668

The original burberry for men
>>
>>11897906
fugg her
>>
>>11899422
she has a bf
>>
>>11900001
Bruh, if you guys aren't cool like that as work friends and she just does that. I don't think she was thinking about her bf.
>>
>>11892010
Can you give me the quick DL on kouros? There's so many flankers and reformulations. I just want to smell sexual.
>>
>>11900343
smells like piss puck
>>
This came in the mail today.

Tried it for the first time. I'm an amateur to fragrances.

It's not very good on the initial spray. But after an hour when it has blended with your natural body scent it becomes a really classy citrusy scent.

The scent lasted longer on my chest than under my nose or wrists for some reason. Maybe I applied it wrong.
>>
>>11900522
>under my nose
u wot?
>>
>>11900611
Don't you spray a bit between your mouth and nose to be able to smell the scent with you?
>>
>>11900613
Nah, my nose would get tired I think if I did that. If I want a sniff I smell my wrist.
>>
>>11900522
Does it smell old man-ish?
>>
>>11900665
Not who you're asking, but I think it does. Mainly though, I think it smells like lemonheads candy.
>>
>>11900665
Yes and no.

Smells like a very well dressed elegant middle aged sorta guy.

Not your average old Joe who smells like salty coins.
>>
>>11900343
Pretty simple: get as old as you can find/afford. At least 2008 or earlier. It's easier and cheaper than you probably think. https://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.com/2014/01/kouros-scent-of-gods-12.html

It's good year round, but really shines in the summer heat. It was originally released as a summer frag, after all.
>>
>>11900522
>under my nose
Look up "olfactory fatigue."
>>
>>11900505
They say it is because of the civet, which makes Opus XI by Amouage also very animalistic, I recommend it anyway. I guess it's a hate it or love it scent and you might revolt some people and might attract some women with it
>>
>>11896544
It is actually pretty average yes, but I think a big positive is that it isn't anywhere near synthetic. Dior Sauvage, Acqua di Gio, Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, Dior Homme or Paco Rabanne 1 Million all smell so synthetic it is revolting to stand longer than a few seconds to someone who sprayed just a bit too much.

With decent nich or higher priced perfume you might not like the scent, but most of the times it smells much more natural than mediocre perfume
>>
>>11901392
Is anything recent just trash?
>>
>>11901869
I can't comment as I've never smelled anything more recent than a "Late Gucci" formulation, and those are fantastic to my nose. The differences between them and the earlier ParfumsCorp stuff I can detect is slightly more civet. Not a big deal and some might even prefer the later, tamer stuff.

The reviews for anything 2010 and later, with the white "shoulders" are mixed, tending toward unkind, but you know how fragheads are with reformulations of beloved scents...
>>
>Tom Ford Oud Wood

Jesus is it just me or does this stuff punch too hard around the "pencil shavings" note?
>>
>>11900613
I've never heard of anyone doing that but to each his own
>>
Should I spray behind each ear (on hair), or on the sides of my neck (on skin)?
>>
>>11902412
I don't get pencil shaving, at all.
>>
getting a sampler pack. rec me some of ur favorites. already chose a few from this thread
>>
>>11902634
the "wood" in oud wood
>>
Thinking of buying Aventus for Spring/Summer/Fall (I live in an area where all of these seasons are basically summer) and Tuscan Leather for Winter/nighttime

In terms of longevity/projection/smell, are there any similar scents to either that do better?
>>
>>11902687
Which site are you ordering from? It helps to know the available choices.
>>
>>11902771
decantshop in the OP
>>
>>11897296
>five o'clock gingembre
straightforward but pleasant
>ambre sultan
more vanilla/benzo than ambre on my skin, very poor sillage, almost like a cologne.
>fille en aiguilles
nice initial christmas blast, disappointing drydown
>cuir mauresque
fantastically evocative, impressive all the way around, but not something i could wear
>chergui
sickening amount of honey and powder, nice two hours after applying but not something i'm willing to put up with
>datura noir
cleaning products, fabric softener. nice an hour later when it gets creamier, but way more feminine than i expected, something i'd like to smell on a lover, not on myself.

all in all, a bit let down by the house.
>>
>>11902874
It sounds like you're turning into one of those basenotes-core fragheads who've smelled too many fragrances. Try just living with a small rotation for a while. It becomes less just another thing to review and something more lived-in/life-enhancing.
>>
>>11903051
i hear you, but i don't have an account on any of those sites. just looking around before i commit to the right 3-5 bottles. and learning a lot about what notes/accords i respond well to and what i don't. i could just buy something and live with it for awhile, but i'm enjoying the process.
>>
>>11903051
Are you seriously telling someone how to enjoy their hobby?
>>
Without resorting to trolling and bashing and shit, why is it that Bond and Creed (and occasionally Amouage) are really the only niche houses that really get a lot of love?
>>
>>11903212
Because their fragrances accessible and still 'crowd pleasing'
>>
>go to food court at college
>walk by a couple of girls
>have earbuds in so they think i can't hear them
>stacy says to her friend, "IS THAT GUY WEARING COLOGNE?"
>they look at each other and both start laughing

This genuinely pissed me off. Why can't I choose to smell good without being criticized by some vapid whores?
>>
>>11903265
what were you wearing?
>>
>>11903274
Black bomber w/ white t shirt, black acne jeans, and black combat boots. I would understand them laughing if I was wearing an American Eagle shirt and cargo shorts, but I looked decent in my opinion.
>>
>>11903265
Sounds like a very strange thing to criticise someone for.
>>
>>11903288
hahaha what cologne were you wearing!
>>
>>11903338
Sauvage, so inoffensive. I don't fucking get women.
>>
>>11903265
>>11903342
How many sprays and how long ago?
>>
>>11903212
Fuk if Tom Ford and malle had grey market they would get lots more love
>>
>>11903301
i kinda get it. there are a lot of chill people around, the alt/weird crew, the indie/hipsterish set, etc that would see 90% of fragrances as tryhard bullshit. essential oils or low key natural skin scents they'd be into because somehow it's less pretentious and more authentic and chill.

all in all, you kinda have to wear frags for yourself. and if you care about attracting a certain type of person, know that some people will be put off.

i feel like they wouldn't laugh if your look and your scent were cohesive. but most people don't expect to smell a cologne on anyone dressed in less than business cas.
>>
>>11903348
got a top five malles i should try? more into citrus, florals, creamy things, and orientals, not into animalic musks/leathers, fruit, or capital v vetivers.
>>
I'm trying to get into DIY fragrances, and I've gotten a list of what notes I actually want to include, but I just don't know if they would mesh together well. What I wrote down for notes is this:

Top: Mint, Pine, Rosewood
Mid: Ginger, Elemi, Rose, Laurel Leaf
Base: Ambergris, Oud, Orris, Tobacco, Iso e-super

What do you guys think? Trying to go for something modern. A fresh, floral-woody oriental scent. How should I mix this thing?
>>
>>11903265
Maybe you sprayed too much senpai?
>>
>>11876659
A tad late, but I swear by Comme de Garçons Black. Very peppery and professional. Couldn't stop sniffing my wrists for the whole day the first time I tried it.
Try also Armani Prive Bois d'encens. It's not peppery, but incense.
>>
>>11890765
Chypre Palatin
>>
>>11876659
Aventure by Galimard
>>
>>11901869
The entire Louis Vuitton collection
>>
>>11903427
Too many things going on. You'll end up with a mess. Try thinking about accords and which notes accent and each other and synergize. Then build on it.

From what you have you can do a rose-oud or tobacco-wood structure. Ambergris and ginger are a good start also but are incomplete.

Study classic examples of frags from the each genre to get a feel for what you should do within the same framework. When you get the basics down then you innovate.
>>
>>11903362
Carnal Flower
Portrait of a Lady
Musc Ravageur

My top three from Malle
>>
>>11903265
"real man" meme
Just ignore them
>>
>>11903265
don't know what happened, I get nothing but compliments
>>
File: Capture.JPGLimeCologne.jpg (16KB, 234x351px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.JPGLimeCologne.jpg
16KB, 234x351px
what does /fa/ think of bay rum?
>>
>>11903879
thanks
>>
>>11904021
I like bay rum but I use it as aftershave. Bay cloves and cinnamon are all short-lived scents so it doesn't seem good for a cologne
>>
I finally fell for it and got La Nuit D'Lhomme

It's worth it
>>
>>11904300

Its nice, but not stellar.
>>
File: 123243t546456.jpg (31KB, 407x541px) Image search: [Google]
123243t546456.jpg
31KB, 407x541px
Is there any fragrance out there which smells of tea?

I used adeodorant years ago which had that smell and it was literally the ebst thing ever.
>>
>>11875275
Just buy decent stuff on the recurring 30% off sales at fragrance net.
>>
>>11903265
Probably wearing too much!
>>
>>11904452
There are a bunch, if you go to fragrantica.com there is a search function when you can search for fragrances based on single notes
>>
>>11904452
There are whole houses that specialize in that one note. Bulgari for instance.

Some favorite tea forward frags:

Scent Intense
Tea for Two
Midnight in Paris
360º Black for Men
Bulgari Black
Gucci Pour Homme II
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 505x505px
Gimmicky bottle, but I hate that I like it. It was either this or Versache Euros.
>>
>>11903876
Really, my inspiration was bois oro, but I wasn't a fan of the raspberry, and I wanted a fresher, more modern scent.
>>
>>11904940
When do you wear this?
>>
New thread >>11905113
>>11905113
>>11905113
>>11905113
>>11905113
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.