[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business attire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Business-dressing-Ideas-5.jpg (98KB, 1380x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Business-dressing-Ideas-5.jpg
98KB, 1380x1920px
I have an internship interview coming up on Thursday and the email says attire is "business professional".

I've never interned or had a professional job in my life. I don't have a suit or dress shirts.

What's the best way to go about this without spending too much $?

Thanks /fa/
>>
>>11869846
you need a suit.

Rent one or borrow a friends.
Shiny shoes is a huge plus
>>
Please post some infographics on what to look for in a suit, shoes, dress, shirt, tie, etc.
>>
>>11869866

What kind of job is it anon?
Because an offices "business professional" can range from itcore to patrick bateman.
>>
>>11869891
IT consulting at a big 4
>>
>>11869895

I wouldn't go dressing up in a suit then.
But you do need a jacket over your dress shirt and tie. Not necessarily a suit jacket, but it can't be like a hoodie or anything like that. a parka or something would be best. Make sure your belt color matches your shoe color. Blue/Red/Black tie over a white collared shirt is never wrong. Navy slacks or brown slacks would probably be the best and most versatile pants color.
>>
crisp white shirt
solid colour tie
navy/charcoal/grey suit
dress shoes
>>
google goldman sachs elevator dress like a man should help you
>>
>>11869846
go to the fuckin wiki fucker, if there is one fuckin thing this fuckin wiki is useful for is picking a fuckin suit you fuckin fuck
>>
>>11869905
Ignore this guy.

"Business professional" means business fucking professional, especially at a Big 4 firm. Even if its not what you wear to the office daily, you'll look like an ass if you don't show up to your interview in a suit. If you're worried about it, just call and ask what they mean by business professional - you won't lose points for caring enough to check. However, I'm telling you right now, business professional means a suit and tie no matter what industry or city you're in.

Borrow a friends suit and make sure it fits right. If it doesn't, bite the bullet and go to a Men's Warehouse, explain the situation, and get the nicest looking charcoal gray two-button suit you can find. Their tailor should be able to get it at least mostly fitted to your body type in a short amount of time.

Wear a white shirt and play it safe with a solid-coloured, dark tie. A navy blue, forest green, or darker red are appropriate. Wear black oxfords and make sure they're shined.

Appearance matters a lot more than businesspeople pretend, especially at consulting firms.
>>
>>11869991
Cont.

That's only for your round one interview. If they invite you to dinner for a second round, a light gray suit is more appropriate. I'd still play it safe with your tie color here, though.

Be sure to read up on table etiquette before a dinner interview. If they ask you to bring a date, make sure he/she knows how to pace their drinking and won't speak out of turn. Dining with prospective employers/clients can be pretty sensitive, so anybody who doesn't do well in high context social situations is a no-go as a date (I don't bring my girlfriend to dinner meetings for this reason - her anxiety makes her a liability and she understands that).
>>
>>11869991
Yeah, I'm positive I'll need a suit and tie but Im also pretty broke. I'm unemployed and really can't afford spending hundreds on a suit. None of my friends wear my size either. How much is men's warehouse going to run me?
>>
>>11870422
It depends. I'd guess between $200 and $500. You could ask them about a suit rental, that'll definitely be cheaper. I'm not sure how much tailoring they're willing to do on rentals, though.

If you get the job and the paycheck is guaranteed, you can sell some stuff and buy a suit then. As long as your suit meets the bare minimum checklist (appropriate color, tailor at least tried, shoes aren't rubbish) you pass that shit test.

How much practice have you gotten interviewing? Big 4 firms know they can teach you what they need to know, so don't be one of those recent grads that can only talk about how good they are in Microsoft Office or the one programming language they know. Be likable and make it seem like you're willing to learn and take a lot of abuse.
>>
>>11869905
This guy is retarded.
I had an IT internship interview on Friday and the guy interviewing me said my business professional wear was excellent. The company also has a business casual dress code.
I wore a suit that I got at Macy's for like $250 total, and bought some more pants and shirts.
>>
>>11870456
I've got 0 practice. I'm a junior and this will be an on campus interview for an internship. I'm expecting mostly behavioral questions. I'm nervous as fuck because I have pretty much no experience.
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA.jpg (125KB, 1375x749px)
AHAHAHAHA.jpg
125KB, 1375x749px
>>11870004
>If they invite you to dinner for a second round
>Be sure to read up on table etiquette before a dinner interview. If they ask you to bring a date, make sure he/she knows how to pace their drinking and won't speak out of turn. Dining with prospective employers/clients can be pretty sensitive, so anybody who doesn't do well in high context social situations is a no-go as a date (I don't bring my girlfriend to dinner meetings for this reason - her anxiety makes her a liability and she understands that).

What the fuck am I reading, is this actually a thing in America? Job interview dinners? With your girlfriend?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.