[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 36

File: 1464528238555.jpg (381KB, 994x994px) Image search: [Google]
1464528238555.jpg
381KB, 994x994px
Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics:http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment:http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients
>>
Fix your fucking links.
>>
>>11867099
What do you mean? They work fine for me.
>>
File: iipsrv.jpg (51KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iipsrv.jpg
51KB, 1000x1000px
This is the only thing I can use on my face without getting eczema and shit. Any idea what sunscreen might work? Don't wanna get sun damage n shit
>>
>>11867207
I've been in love with Missha's "All Around Safe" Sun Milk line for the longest time.
>>
>>11867189
space between the title & link works better
>>
>>11867428
Ah gotcha. I actually just copy pasted this from a previous general. But I'll make a text document in the future with that addition.

Thanks!
>>
What should I do about PIE and irritation?
>>
whats a good relatively inexpensive chemical exfoliator?
>>
>>11867092
i just want to say that 90% of topical skin care products are bullshit. don't waste your money trying out a ton of different cleansers and toners or whatever else. bombarding your face with harsh chemicals disrupts the natural barrier of your skin and makes the condition of your skin worse. stick to something mild for daily use like cetaphil or cerave and help your skin balance itself out

my face has also cleared up dramatically ever since i became more conscious of my diet. what you put into your body is what shows on the outside. my face has never looked better. i have an awesome glow from all of the fruit, vegetables and leafy greens i eat everyday (especially the ones rich in carotene like carrots and beets.) your skin tends to "use" whichever oils you ingest to moisturize itself as well, so stick to healthy oils like olive and coconut oil and avoid vegetable oils, which are really high in omega 6 and 9 fats. those can wreak havoc on acne prone skin and they're found in pretty much everything so READ YOUR NUTRITION LABELS. i personally had to give up nuts and seeds because they're high in those fats as well. do some research on which foods cause inflammation within the body and avoid them for a bit. you may see a difference after a few weeks

diet alone won't make your acne go away 100%, but it's a huge contributing factor to how red and irritated your acne looks when it does come in. if i eat peanut butter i get a cyst or two the next day plus a ton of weird red dots all over my face, which i'm guessing is a sign of the inflammation. i still get whiteheads every now and then but they go away within a day or two and don't leave any scarring, as opposed to the deep under the skin pimples that would linger for weeks and always leave a mark

understanding your skin and getting it under control is a fucking mission, but it just takes a lot of patience, trial and error. best of luck /fa/m
>>
>>11868241
it's a bit more of a physical exfoliant but the aztec healing mask is great and really cheap

i use it like 2-3 times a week. removing it can be a bitch so you have to be very gentle or else you can scratch and tear your face up. it becomes like a scrub once you re-wet it to wash it off. just don't apply too thick of a layer and seriously be gentle
>>
anyone use:
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle foaming cleanser
Olay complete all day moisturizer spf 15 oil-free

plan on picking them up, just started daily evening cleansing and mositurizing

do you guys do it both morning and night or just morning?
>>
>break out literally every day
>started using salicylic acid + astringent with moisturiser twice a day 3 weeks ago
>no improvement at all in the first 2 weeks
>old marks started to fade faster earlier this week
>woke up with 2 pimples on Friday, by mid-day they were gone
>haven't had a single pimple in 3 days now

Is this shit finally starting to work? Why does it take so long compared to benzoyl peroxide?
>>
>>11867092
i bought a box of that stridex shit, dries my skin out to fuck so i only use it to spot treat, but it is quite efficient
if youre going to use it and you naturally have dry skin, id recommend you do it once every other day
using facewash really helps, i only get singular pimples on my face now, at the very moment i have none, but again if you have shit skin like me limit it to once a day
wash face with warm water to open pores, use facewash, then wash with cold water to close pores
for anyone using the palmers fade cream and has eczema, it will irritate existing eczema so its best to wait until its gone, otherwise its worked quite well so far on my face (remember sunscreen tho because hq increases sun sensitivity)

what do you look for in toners and sunscreen
and what can i do to grow my eyelashes/eyebrows out
>>
>>11868506
A toner isn't really necessary. Just get a moisturiser and sunscreen.

If you have oily skin like me, stay away from alcohols. They make it much worse. Otherwise, you can use Biore Watery Gel.

>>11868495
Did you even use moisturiser + sunscreen with the BP? It shouldn't be a permanent solution. After you see results from BP, you should change to the BHA anyways.
>>
>>11868483
I've heard nice things about the Neutrogena.
Would prefer you use the Olay in the morning only, since it has sunscreen in it.
>>
>>11868241
Something with BHA in it of course. If you wanna play it safe, go to Paula's Choice. Expensive tho.
>>
File: 1466482321905.png (631KB, 681x681px) Image search: [Google]
1466482321905.png
631KB, 681x681px
tfw guy
tfw hormonal cystic acne
>>
>>11868241
Cosrx BHA power liquid is very popular and for good reason.

>>11868423
Don't use coconut oil like this person is suggesting. It is comedogenic and tends to make acne prone skin much much worse.

>>11868483
I used to use the olay years ago and it was and still is probably among my favourite mositurisers. You should generally cleanse and moisturise twice a day, but make sure the cleanser isn't making your skin feel squeaky clean/tight - that tends to be a sign that you've stripped the skin too much. You want something gentle.

>>11869008
Have you tried retinoids? Talk to a doctor or dermatologist. A lot of people are using curology if you're in the states. I've heard good things.
>>
How to naturally bleach skin? I have tan skin cuz mexican but my chest is a lot lighter than my face so i would like to get that same color for my face. I use sunscreen daily and avoid the sun as much as possible... also i should note that im on accutane so i dont think i can try any exfoliation products
>>
Is it necessary to use sunscreen when the UV here is literally 0 this time a year?
>>
>>11868423
>i just want to say that 90% of topical skin care products are bullshit.

definitely agree with this.

desu guys just go to a respected dermatologist and they'll sort you out. I went from entire face of cystic acne to completely clear in about 7 months, with 1 month of antibiotics and 6 months of accutane 20mg a day.

i use a cetaphil cleanser once in the morning, once in the evening and then moisturise afterwards.

use sunscreen as often as you can.

always wash your hands before you touch your face.

diet or pillowcase changing didnt do shit for me, but it could work before you go down the accutane route.

drink more water.

godspeed guys
>>
File: salvation.jpg (41KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
salvation.jpg
41KB, 834x600px
Take Benzoyl Peroxide 5% or lower
Everything else is usually just a waste off time for most people
Try to avoid 10% or higher, bc it will dry out your skin too much, do as follows:
>Gently wash and dry your face
>wait 10~15min so it dries completetly
>apply the BP
>wait 10~15min
>apply some hydration cream (without alcohol) over it (don't forget this step or you'll have the gobi desert in your face)
When you start using it:
Try to start with 2,5% or the lowest you can get, but most places only start selling it at 5%
Don't apply it daily, apply it once a week, twice a week, etc. see how your skin reacts, if it doesn't mind, do it daily or every second day
most peoples skin will get rather red (if you don't have much of a tan) the first couple of days
this is normal, just give your skin time to accustom to it
you may want to apply it, when you don't have to meet anyone the next day or if it doesn't matter that you have a red face
when you start using it, your skin could flake a bit, that's normal for some people
just gently wash off the flakes, leave out the BP for a couple of days and only apply the hydration stuff (which you should apply every day even, on days where you don't apply BP)
once your skin has accustomed to it your acne should get better and better, the longer you use it
maybe you have some fallback periods, but that's normal and will cease over time, just continue to apply it and soon you'll have a decent face
>>
Is it true that Accutane can cause depression? By the look of it, it's just a Vitamin-A derivate. Shouldn't carrots be making you suicidal too if that was the case?
>>
>>11869392
"There were two sets of mice—one set injected with an amount of Accutane comparable to that of a human dosage and one set not injected with the drug. The test was done over a period of six weeks. They used two stress tests on mice; one test involved holding the mice upside down by the tail, and the other involved placing the mice into a pool of water. These studies were meant to show how the mice injected with a dose of Accutane reacted as opposed to those not injected. They found that the group injected with Accutane was a lot more motionless when put into stressful situations than the group that was not injected. They didn’t move as much as the other mice did. The team also found that Accutane is in a group known as the retinoids which affects the development of the nervous system. This is why Accutane is not prescribed to pregnant women."
"a team of researchers found that Accutane actually decreased the level of depression in teens"
tldr avoid using it if you are a mouse or pregnant
>>
>>11869041
oh i definitely wouldn't use coconut oil on my face. i meant for cooking purposes
>>
>>11869415
Good thing I'm not a mouse then.

>a chance of getting depressed if taking Accutane
>most certainly getting depressed when you've got horrible acne at age 21

Risk to reward ratio seems fine.
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0010.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>11867092
What is this shit and how do I get rid of it? I'm not fat so they're not stretchmarks, and they're only on my left thigh.
It looks worse irl than on the pic
>>
do you need to put on sunscreen even if youre not going out on that particular day
>>
>>11869052
you can apply lemon mixed with abit of water. a friend of mine did this but it can also fuck up the ph balance in your skin so i dont really recommen unless youre desperate
>>
Anything for whiteheads on nose and bags under eyes?
>>
>>11869771
Nvm about the bags I see it in op.
>>
>>11867428
Lol @ this fucking plebian not using 4chan X
>>
>have terribly oily skin
>can feel a little bit of oily stuff on my fingers when passing them on my forehead as soon as 10 mins after washing face in the morning
>don't even have terrible acne, some pimples now and then but those depend mainly on my stress/health level, oily skin apparently not
>went to a dermatologist, prescribed me some cleansing foaming gel (bioderma I think) that doesn't really work
>actually feel like most cleansing/purifying products I try out worsen the situation
>already drink lot of water, don't stress skin too much by washing too many times etc

do you guys have any advice?
>>
>>11869511
Can't tell for shit what that is based on the poor photo.

Is it under the skin, or surface scars? You dont have to be a fatass to get stretch marks.

Do you lean with your arm/elbow on that area, or cross your leg over it or whatever? Could be burst capillaries.
>>
>Using 2% SA facial cleanser (equate)
>Feather blades in daily razor
>Struggle with adams apple on the left side
>End up making a bloody mess some
>Clean it out with witch hazel
>Neck is pink

Am I supposed to moisturize it if it turns pink like this? What did I fuck up?
>>
>>11869820
Anon I've spent like 5 minutes trying to take a photo of it, but it's kinda difficult.

It's under the skin, the skin itself has a smooth surface

>could be burst capillaries
That might be it because I sleep on my side. What should I do about it?
>>
>>11869786
clover
>>
how do you guys deal with 'rough' patches on your cheeks? not dry rough, the areas feel the same as the rest of my face but it's uneven and bumpy ect.
I have no clue what to do to fix them. considering using a face strip on them and seeing if there's a bunch of shit hiding under the surface.
>>
>>11869929
stop sleeping so much
>>
>>11867207
aveeno has a sunscreen line out. they've got pretty consistent ingredients across their whole catalog, so if the moisturizer works for you the sunscreen's worth a shot. it's not too expensive, works well on my face, doesn't smell like shit
>>
i've got these little bumps on my neck
they're a little smaller than acne, aren't red/inflamed looking, but a little bit bigger than goosebumps that don't go away.
what do i do family
>>
>>11870135
>Dude just stop breathing lmao
>>
>>11869052
Chemical peel. They sell home kits on amazon, but if you need to be very very careful not to fuck up your skin.
>>
How much water do you drink daily to have an overall better looking skin?

I don't drink much water, I noticed. I'll try to keep a schedule.
>>
>>11870650
2L's is typically what I do but I've done 3 and a freind does 4 which seems overkill
>>
I have like 5 tiny blackheads on on my forehead and idk how to get rid of them. If I pop them it leaves red marks or gets infected.
>>
What is the best way to stop redness/puffiness after picking a pimple/scab. Witch Hazel? 99% Aloe Gel?

I know I just shouldn't be picking. I'm getting a lot better, but sometimes I slip a bit
>>
anyone have a routine they like for getting rid of clogged sebum glands on the nose, cheeks, and brow area? I'm doing cetaphil in the shower every day and pore strips like once a week. Just picked up astringent recently, use it after the pore strip.
>>
I started to make a little bit of an effort with my skincare recently. Using the cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer but when ever I do moisturize my skin gets uncomfortable oily, yet before I started washing my face it was really dry. Also it seems my face has broken out since I've started, any ideas?
>>
File: img_6130.jpg (129KB, 580x419px) Image search: [Google]
img_6130.jpg
129KB, 580x419px
I used tretenoin & acanya prescribed by my derm with cetaphil gentile face wash for the past two years & a moisturizer every morning & every night before going to sleep.

Lately I have started to realize that I think these medicines have actually deformed my face in a way where my right side is much less symmetrical to my left as it used to be and now I think I look extremely ugly. Looking at old photos before I jumped on this routine is the most depressing thing...

I have decided that the best thing for me to do is just say fuck it, let my mild acne do what it needs to do & continue to use my cetaphil daily face wash morning/nights (maybe skip on days I dont get too dirty as I sometimes stay in doing schoolwork all day) & a moisturizer lightly in the mornings & before bed.

My question here is, is this a good decision & is there any chance of my face returning to the beautiful look it once had or am I pretty permanently fucked because of this?

Anyone else experience something similar?
Photo isnt mine, just had tretenoin & acanya in it so i used it.
>>
>>11869813
Avoid oil-based moisturizers and change your diet.
>>
>>11869052
Google skin bleaching or skin whitening, you will find a bunch of videos of girls rating products to bleach skin
>>
>>11867092
If you have acne that isnt helped with skincare OTC products.

Get Retin A

it wont work either youll find out and antibiotics arent sustainable long term

Get on Accutane / Isotretinoin

You can get a script after some paperwork at a dermatologist
OR
You can get in cheap (generic brand dont let the indian label scare you its the same manufacturer as US suppliers in your local walgreens or rite aid) on alldaychemist

thats where I bought mine. Did go get liver enzyme tests once every month to make sure it wasnt fucking me up didnt gave an issue

6 months later Im clear except three or four whiteheads a week
>>
I have really nappy hair that looks like shit and dry after a couple hours. What hair products should I use that will last the whole day.
>>
anyone tried dermarolling to remove scars? I have this long white scar that's like 20 years old and am wondering if I could fade it a bit? what kind of serum should I use?
>>
File: 20161018_182030.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_182030.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Wtf do I do about this? Acne has long since left my face but this shit refuses to go away, really fucking me over lads

Also it looks much worse irl
>>
>>11869813
Do you use a good moisturiser? You may need to moisturise your skin well more than anything.
>>
File: aaa13860573382022.jpg (794KB, 2137x2309px) Image search: [Google]
aaa13860573382022.jpg
794KB, 2137x2309px
I lost 60kg 6 years ago and my face never bounced back. I've got deep, deep laugh lines (basically jowls) and so much loose skin around my neck theres no definition of my jawline and I often get a double chin.

Anything that works to tighten skin while I save for a facelift?
>>
>>11872239
collagen?
good thing youre saving for a facelift, esp because you werent born with yer flaps, dont need to feel bad
>>
Is benzoyl peroxide with clindamycin phosphate more effective than regular bp or did i just get memed? I've been using it twice a day for a week and there's no noticeable difference
>>
i got a few dollars on a rite aid gift card, does anyone have any recs for stuff like exfoliating facial brushes or sponges, or maybe some nice shampoo or conditioner or wax for straight hair
>>
>>11872188
I actually don't use a moisturizer. I might try it, hopefully it helps skin oil balance but not too harshly. I'm scared it just gets it even more oily.

>>11871303
My diet is somewhat decent. I'll try out a moisturizer like other anon said, and stay away from the oil ones, thanks.
>>
anyone been able to treat moderate to deeper acne scars on their face without laser therapy? looking for something safe to try that isn't just scam bullshit
>>
>>11872162
blackheads. a kind of acne. pop them and they will go away.
>>
>>11872394
microneedling/dermarolling
>>
what do you all recommend for someone who's smoked since 13 (21) and wants to help undo its effects on my face?
>>
File: 1398040126010.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1398040126010.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
I've been using Thayers Witch Hazel toner and then Hada Labo's Gokujyun Lotion immediately after.

Is this redundant or do they both have a unique purpose?
>>
File: paulas.png (52KB, 174x261px) Image search: [Google]
paulas.png
52KB, 174x261px
Would picking up the entire Paula's Choice redness relief kit be foolhardy?

I'm out of my nighttime and daytime lotions (from Cerave), out of acylic acid, and have been wanting to try out something with BHAs in it.

I haven't tried any of their products but it looks promising, and I react well to most products anyway.

See: http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/collections/Calm-Redness-Relief/_/Calm-Redness-Relief-Kit-For-Normal-to-Dry-Skin/

Is there any way to get it cheaper? Are any of these products just not worth it at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 726x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 726x368px
never gonna make it
>>
>>11873556
what kind of redness do you have?

the most common kinds of redness are either rosacea or PIE.

neither can be treated that well using OTC products
>>
>>11873564
do these look like blackheads or seb filaments
>>
File: redness.jpg (161KB, 766x556px) Image search: [Google]
redness.jpg
161KB, 766x556px
>>11873570
I have very fair skin and when it gets irritated or dry it gets a bit pinkish/red. It's not that bad, primarily my nose gets really dry and pinkish in the winter. Not like splotchy / rosacea style. See attached diagram. More like the right.

Is there a more general line you'd recommend?
>>
>>11868241
Paula's Choice BHA Liquid
Its not as expensive as you would think but it works guaranteed
>>
File: 1476762343159.jpg (206KB, 960x977px) Image search: [Google]
1476762343159.jpg
206KB, 960x977px
How do I get rid of this tan?
>>
My face is constantly itchy, but moisturizing seems to worsen it? Any suggestions
>>
File: 147683692927628.jpg (16KB, 312x495px) Image search: [Google]
147683692927628.jpg
16KB, 312x495px
What am I doing wrong, /fa/? I eat right and i wash my face twice daily, then I use a toner and a serum, yet i get new white heads every day no matter how good the products I use are.
>>
>>11874770
Dam son. Accutane. Get it tomorrow.
>>
>>11873576
seb filaments def. use stridex to minimize their look but they're impossible to completely get rid of
>>
File: eggman.png (117KB, 551x432px) Image search: [Google]
eggman.png
117KB, 551x432px
>>11872592
They aren't black tho, they're like tiny pimples, they're red and sometimes under the skin

Fml
>>
>>11874770
You need Accutane/oratane whatever they call it there days, see a dermatologist asap, if you just leave it like this it will take years to go away and you might end up with acne scars.

I was on it about 3 years ago, created up my acne in a matter of months
>>
File: 1395735311965.jpg (29KB, 582x528px) Image search: [Google]
1395735311965.jpg
29KB, 582x528px
My Essence has AHA in it. Is applying Paula's Choice BHA and AHA right before the Essence bad?
>>
File: 1344176901527.jpg (578KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1344176901527.jpg
578KB, 3840x2400px
>>11867092
What's a good daily entire-body lotion that preferably has an entirely neutral, undetectable scent?
>>
how do i fix dry as fuck eyebrows/between eyebrows?
dogs i moisturize and it still gets fucking dry
>>
>>11873705
Why do you want to look sickly mon?
Not even vikings got that white.
>>
>try home treatments, general skin care
>skin is still shit
>go to dermatologist and get put on regimen
>it works
>skin stays clear for half a year
>starts coming back
>go back to dermatologist
>get put on regimen again
>skin clears up
>stays clear for a few months
>slowly starting to come back

Fucking hell I just want to have nice skin without having to worry about it all the time
>>
>>11874773
I asked for accutane but my dermatologist refuses saying it's too much. I take a tretinoin cream though, and the reason its so broken out is because my pediatrician still hasn't called to get it refilled. Shit sucks.
>>
ive been dealing with psoriasis and backne for almost 10 years now. tried many different creams and lotions. most creams and blackhead scrubs are designed for facial use.

any suggestions and routines for whole body and back?
>>
>>11875347
you need to keep it up at all times familiar

>>11875236
i just want to get rid of this tan contrast and i figure i prefer to go the route in which i don't have to tan
>>
what the fuck do i do after i shave? shaving balm or skin care products?
>>
>>11875624
i used mosturizer when i still shaved but it didn't help me too much
>>
>>11875629
i got both, i usually use the balm right after and then moisturize after my next shower, but it doesn't always work for me
>>
File: bateman.jpg (37KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
bateman.jpg
37KB, 800x441px
>>11875644
>>
someone actually ate carrots every day for skin tone? did it work and how much did you eat?
>>
Salt & Ice is really good for acne removal.
I do it every once in a while.
Just put some salt on your skin then push an ice cube against the salt and hold it for a minute.
It will instantly remove the zit.
>>
>>11875850
Holy shit, just tried this and my skin is instantly clear. Forget about bp and accutane, this shit is the real deal
>>
>>11875850

Way to damage your skin.
>>
help me. After abusing amphetamines for 3 years I pretty much look like shit. Lost a lot of my jawline. Lost facial fat and now my cheeks sag. I am 21 and look much older please advise
>>
So anons, have charcoal products worked for you or not?
>>
>>11875850
for some reason i don't think this is legit

>>11875931
You should just do the standard in the wiki
>>
File: IMG_1544.jpg (236KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1544.jpg
236KB, 1152x2048px
>>11875931
>>11875931
>>
File: luda-crest.png (259KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
luda-crest.png
259KB, 500x376px
skin products
>404
>>
File: indepthanalysis.png (638KB, 781x492px) Image search: [Google]
indepthanalysis.png
638KB, 781x492px
(Apologies for close-up of my face and shitty beard).

I feel like my skin is mostly ok, which is a definite improvement from my days as a spotty teenager. I have a good simple skincare regime where I wash my face with soap and cleanser every morning and evening, and change pillowcases fairly often. However, I really want 'perfect' skin, and can never seem to quite get there. I still get small spots around my lips and nose, and can't seem to get rid of them, and every once in a while I get a big spot on the end of my nose, which is obviously pretty embarrassing. I'm not sure how clearly it shows on the picture, but I had one like that last week, and it's just started to clear up now.

So what do I do to go from good or average skin, to flawless? Is there anything I can change in my routine to stop them coming up at all?
>>
>>11876235
AHA+bha
>>
File: photos (12).jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
photos (12).jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
dont know if really skincare
but what should i look for in toothpastes for them pearly whites?
>>
>>11876449
What do AHA and bha stand for? Don't come to /fa/ too often.
>>
>>11876508
alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids
not so much /fa/ lingo as it is skincare terminology
do some research on them, i recommend going on r/skincareaddiction, super useful stuff
>>
>>11876235
>>11873584
This is pretty much me when I'm at my worst in the winter

looking at snagging the paulas from the FAQ (aha, bha, sunscreen, maybe one more product)

this a solid way to go?
>>
>>11875931
eat & exercise
>>
File: 20161020_011222_HDR.jpg (453KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_011222_HDR.jpg
453KB, 1920x1080px
How do i fix this?
>>
>>11876720
That's a nose it's rottated for some reason
>>
>never have any skin problems
>99% clear skin
>move to leeds for university
>suddenly blackheads all over
>spots appearing on temples frequently

is this just a by-product of shitty city air?
i've thought maybe the water quality might be worse here than my small town home if that would affect my skin, can any UKfags confirm?
>>
>>11871159
>>11873564
dont use pore strips!!
Ive found this guide pretty fucking useful https://fiftyshadesof snail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
basically, use bha to remove the gunk

>>11871252
is the cleanser drying your skin? or before you started your routine?

>>11871278
>is there any chance of my face returning to the beautiful look it once had
your face should already look great already senpai
what happened?

used tretinoin without a problem so no..
I quit it as soon as I had it under control/mild and use bp when needed. I'd say go for it

>>11872162
did you shave? looks like ingrown hairs
but if it's blackheads, use some stridex on that shit
>>
>>11869392
I'm on accutane and it hasn't made my depression any worse. Still kinda wish someone would put me out my misery tho.
>>
>>11876728
I don't think the cleanser is drying my skin anymore than it usually is
>>
anyone with a scalp acne? I have had it for years, tried a ketoconazole shampoo lately, but didn't work.
>>
Most of my acne is the kind that's just bumps on my skin without any colouration or change in texture. It doesn't hurt and in some lighting it can't even be seen but I really don't like it.
What is it called and how do I get rid of it?
>>
I've been doing no poo for less than a week and fuck, my hair is so oily and waxy, and it smells like car oil too. Washing my hair is a disaster like it's almost impossible to comb through hair with fingers. I can't touch my hair bcause my hands would be oily.

Fuck, what should i inject to myself to kill all the oils ? I'm just naturally oily as fuck, my face is also very oily, i didn't even let my gf(now ex) touch my face because i'm too insecure because i believe no one is this oily
>>
>>11878879

No poo is a meme. Stop it.
>>
>>11878887
But just think about it, shampoos make your scalp dry. The drier it gets, the quicker it gets stinky and oily. And with a lil bit of oil, my hair looks better. But after 3-4 days the oil will be uncontrollable and very annoying, like i can't even touch my hair anymore, it will feel very sticky and smells funny. Like car oils or idk, mechanical oils. Oh and i kind of stopped soaping my face, so just water now. Last night i washed it and then there's this white stuff on my mustache. When i touch it, it's like built up oils. Disgusting, but it doesn't smell bad so it's not dirty i guess.

Fuck, there should be some kind of injection to kill body oil. It's fucking disgusting, why should people need oil ? Very not aesthetically ideal.
>>
>>11878894

Find a better shampoo that doesn't completely strip your hair of oil.
>>
How many times do you guys wash your hair a day ?
>>
>>11878871
Might be milia

>>11878904
I wash it everyday because I commute/walk everywhere and its hot af where I live so my scalp sweats
>>
>>11878894
>there should be some kind of injection to kill body oil

It's called "Accutane".

>>11878904
>a day

Max twice a week.

>>11879121
>my scalp sweats

Sweat and everything in it is water-soluble. No need to wash it away using shampoo. You just need warm water.
>>
>>11879149
Its like bathing with just plain water and scrubbing away, adding soap is nicer and you end up feeling fresh
Also, its not enough for me to just use water since I have long hair and oil buildup is a bitch. I only use water when my scalp doesnt feel so dirty or when I stay home
>>
Tried my hand at a few products. Nothing way out there but general stuff. None worked flawlessly, and my eating habit was decent. I backpedaled and decided to go with steam + a generic face wash + face wipe.

It has actually done more than any product so far.

(I do you use Bio-Oil after all that, though, in hopes that it clears the scars and so my skin doesn't feel dry)
>>
>>11879307

Stop using bio-oil.
>>
File: IMG_0085.jpg (129KB, 1109x1306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.jpg
129KB, 1109x1306px
This is the left side of my face. What can I do?
>>
>>11879635
sudoku
>>
>>11879647
trust me that's plan b
>>
>>11879366
Elaborate?
>>
>>11880014
Bio Oil has some incredibly irritating ingredients like Isopropyl Myristate.
>>
>>11867092
Questions to everybody ITT:
Had Acne on my nose and know the only remains are humps under my skin.
Does somebody have the same experience or an solution?
>>
>>11880495
Yikes; noted. Could you recommend a simple oil that I can apply after my face dries from all the washing/wiping?
>>
Serious but silly question:

Is there a lotion that will help with nip chaffing?

It's so cold and I run a lot.
>>
>>11881022
Not an oil, but if you're looking for hydration (and you should be) Hada Labo's Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion is the bee's knees. It's called a lotion but it's very watery like a toner.
>>
>>11881233
wear a sports bra,
i have some guy friends that do that for chafing.
>>
everyone just need tea tree oil, i live my live off it.

btw, this is my routine
>tonymoly peach makeup remover
>anna sui oil cleanser
>every second day, use light facial scrub
>clinique foam acne wash
>clinique toner
>clinique moisturizer (pep start one for morning, it even skin tone)
>balance lotion
>hylamide sensitive skin serum
>tea tree oil serum
>polysporin "cream" on red or broken areas
>sunscreen if morning

other tips toothpaste left on for 20 mins on a pimple is the best spot treatment, don't do it too often because its very drying.
also masks one a week are good, you can get different mask relating to different problems.
>>
>>11876727
I go uni in Leeds as well senpai and the water here is wank compared to home (warrington)
>>
File: IMG_0957.jpg (40KB, 750x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0957.jpg
40KB, 750x404px
how do you get rid of small forehead bumps?

they look a lot worse up close on camera... but they're still annoying nonetheless

i've tried
>popping them
>picking them
>lemon juice
>apple cider vinegar
>store bought acne cream
>exfoliants

i also use a toner and finish with a moisturizer when i wash my face. i've had these before but never for very long... these have been here since the beginning of september and they're driving me crazy... i have literally no other acne anywhere except for these little fucks... i'm on no medication except the pill and have been on the same one for 3 years now. i don't swear ever because i never exercise. i also make sure that no shampoo gets on my forehead when i'm in the shower. my diet is relatively healthy and i drink probably around 32 oz of water a day. no reason for these to even be here
>>
>>11883345
*sweat
>>
>>11883345
teatree oil
>>
>>11883358
how would you incorporate that into a skin routin?
>>
File: IMG_3834.jpg (98KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3834.jpg
98KB, 720x1280px
how do i clear up my forehead
>>
File: 8966686507038.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
8966686507038.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
I just bought this for a Facewash, is it alright ? Any other mark I can try out ?
>>
>>11883779

*as a facewash my bad
>>
>>11883345
benzoyl peroxide

retinoids
>>
>>11869377
what's a good cheap benzoyl peroxide I could buy?
>>
File: IMG_20161022_141400.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_141400.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
How do I remove this? I've had this since birth. What do?
>>
>>11885691

>had it since birth

shouldnt of had babies anon
>>
>>11885691
quaid start the reactor
>>
>>11883369
stop wearing your hair on your face, use BP

>>11884854
I use the generic dollar ones, they do their job
just make sure to check the percentage, like that anon said, using 10% is overkill
>>
>>11867092
A lost a lot of weight quickly. How do I get rid of stretch mark scars? They're now white and make me feel self conscious.
>>
>>11885728
>>11885759
>shouldnt of had babies
I'm male.
Srsly tho, what do?
>>
My acne gets more red when I take a shit
Is that normal?
>>
is there anything i can do to fix acne scars? :(
>>
>>11878640
I have it too, 3 years already.
Short hair, long hair, silk pillowcases, fresh pillowcases every day, shampooing every day, nopoo, coconut oil, tea tree oil, low carb diet, whatever the fuck you can think of, nothing has worked for me.
>>
>>11886937
H&S shampoos give a temporary relief, once I stop using it, the issue returns.
>>
>>11869041
Eh, I put coconut oil on my face and I have pretty acne-prone skin. As long as I washed it off after about an hour I was fine. The only time I got acne from it was one time I left it on over night.

I think it's just different skin types having different reactions; maybe not worth the risk, but it was fine for me
>>
So the guide says to use a Merkur 34C HD for shaving. So this is definitely the best you can get and/or recommend, right?
>>
File: IMG_0169.jpg (953KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0169.jpg
953KB, 2576x1932px
How do i fix my pores.
>>
File: 514kxYsN35L._SY679_[1].jpg (19KB, 512x679px) Image search: [Google]
514kxYsN35L._SY679_[1].jpg
19KB, 512x679px
What do you guys think of these tea tree oil and Benzoyl Peroxide acne treatments?
>>
Benzoyl Peroxide face wash and Stridex pads are what actually work for me.
>>
>>11872162
Looks like keratosis pilaris.
>>
I was spotty as a teenager but nothing really bad. Anyway this is what worked for me but by no means am I saying everyone should do it.

Step 1: Go vegan, milk meat and eggs rekt my skin and from my research lots of people have noticed when going vegan they get far less bad stuff happening to their skin.

Step 2: Once or twice a day use an antibacterial face wash I swear by Quinoderm by myself.

Step 3: Use a moisturiser twice a day I use, I use E45 it's fucking great.

My skin is pretty much flawless now other than when I get really really stressed.

Also if your a dude, shave with the grain, oh god for so many years I did not know that. (Thanks for leaving when I was 6 dad)
>>
God fucking damnit /fa/ I just turned 18 a few months ago and I already have severe smile lines. What the fuck is this shit I literally spend zero time in the sun and live in northern Illinois where there isn't that much Sun. My fucking dermatologist since I was 15 fucked me giving me all this drying shit and now I have fucking wrinkles at 18 are you fucking kidding me. Is there anything I can do to fix this /fa/ I'm fucking dying.
>>
File: 1419468476072.jpg (44KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1419468476072.jpg
44KB, 650x456px
>use Vitamin C to try and lighten acne scars
>skin gets lighter but acne scars don't

uuuhhh guys?
>>
>>11887904
same problem what doo
>>
>>11889757
>My skin is pretty much flawless now

I wonder if that's attributable to you not being a teenager anymore, rather than your diet

>>11890182
the pigment in the scar is then too deep to be reached by the vit c you're applying
>>
File: 2219868.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2219868.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>11887904
if cleasing w/ any of the methods above isn't enough you can cover them up with pic related. yea it's technically makeup but it's not actually pigmented or anything and it covers up the pores completely- there's no way anyone could tell you have anything on your face. it literally just looks like your skin but with the pores smoothed out.
>>
is there any way to achieve fairer skin?
>>
what's the best way to get rid of milia?
>>
File: 41D6reStaVL.jpg (21KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
41D6reStaVL.jpg
21KB, 333x500px
I use this stuff every other day and my skin feels a lot healthier after I use it. Start off slow though bc it can ravage your skin if you use it too much
>>
File: 51.jpg (85KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
85KB, 1000x1500px
I also use this stuff right after I shave or if my skin feels oily or dry
>>
>>11890669
how slow?
>>
>>11885691
Ive heard about this before from mum. I think she said it was some strange virus, and your ability to catch it depends on genetics. Always happens in giving birth. They can help treat it but I fear you might have it forever. My mum still gets the occasional rash and shes 57.

See a doctor
>>
>>11890588
might try the method anon posted, but if not ill probably try seeing how this will work. thanks.
>>
File: Snapchat-894729671.jpg (397KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-894729671.jpg
397KB, 1080x1776px
I'm not very sure if this is serious or not but i have alot of scars from acne that have been there for a while and idk what to do also my skin gets very dry after wet shave and getting alot of bumps. how would i go about alleviating these issues?
>>
Skin products for black skin?
>>
>>11890790
I started using it every three to 4 days. It also makes you smell like apricots
>>
>>11890936
coco butter
Vaseline
Astral Cream
>>
started using benzoyl peroxide a few days ago at first it was fine my face just felt dry before i moisturized it.

now it fucking burns every time i use it

am i using too much?
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.