[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpack / messenger bag / briefcase thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: messenger_bag.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
messenger_bag.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
I'm in the market for a new bag.

I teach college classes, and I find that I look like a student myself if I carry a backpack (I don't know of any that look professional), so I tend to use messenger bags.

But, I'm open to a backpack if it doesn't look to schoolboy-like.

Anyone else in a situation like this? What do you use to carry your stuff in a semi-professional setting? Any suggestions for good bags to get?
>>
>>11850967
i was about to open a thread about this with the same picture
i want to carry some books and shit as a student
>>
File: 712838_p_t501z11_1.jpg (13KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
712838_p_t501z11_1.jpg
13KB, 450x450px
ain't nothin wrong with a classic jansport black bag
>>
>>11851511
I like it for casual outdoor use, but I do think it makes me look like a student.
>>
>>11850967
Messenger bags are the to go to in that kind of setting. If you prefer backpack you could go for leather ones? Whatever you do dont use >>11851511
Thats like "mom buys my stuff" schoolboy tier.
>>
>>11851511
If you want to be efffaaaaaay to the max, use a seam ripper on the logo
>>
>>11851511
Though I personally favor rustic messenger bags for myself, plain jansports are just about the most streetwear thing you can use as a college student.

>>11851788
This is like saying you shouldn't wear shorts in Florida. There's no reason you have to, but everyone does and it isn't as if it has to be much less /fa/.
>>
File: roll-top-messenger-bag-rummy1.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
roll-top-messenger-bag-rummy1.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
this
>>
>>11850967
I work in the financial district of my CBD. Plenty of professionals still use backpacks. I think it looks a little off, so I use a messenger bag. Just get whatever is comfy and looks good to you. I would feel too much like I'm still a student if I brought a backpack to work everyday, but my boss who is 40 yrs older than I am does it, so whatever.
>>
I can't go back to sidebags/messenger bags. I like the weight distribution of backpacks more. Though I'm still in college and carry a lot of stuff. Might be different for regular work commutes.

If you really don't wanna be mistaken as a student, bring a rolling briefcase. That's what a lot of tenured professors I see use.
>>
>>11852455
That's a little bulky, honestly.

>>11852470
I think it looks odd when people wear backpacks with suits.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.