[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yall fuck with black iron rangers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: RH-08114-2-pdp.jpg (105KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
RH-08114-2-pdp.jpg
105KB, 530x480px
Yall fuck with black iron rangers?
>>
Anyone fuck with em or nah?
>>
>>11848828
I don't own Iron Rangers, but I have two pairs of Red Wings. Worth the money in my opinion so if you like the way they look go for it.
>>
>>11848828
I have an amber pair and think they're really nice.
>>
>>11848895
I've read your not supposed to wear the same pair two days in a row but I'll be getting these for work and most likely will be. How will that affect these boots in the short and long term?

PS what red wings do you own?
>>
>>11848895
>>11848909
how do they fit? been thinking about getting a pair
>>
>>11848909
Amber is the color I like best but I always have to buy solid black shoes so I'm gonna go with black for now. I just want to know if they're gonna hold up for two years. I have no problem spending $350 if they're gonna last a long time. If they go bad in six months I'll be pissed.
>>
>>11848916
I always wear size 12 but I tried these boots on tonight and 11.5 fit nicely. I'm not sure how snug they're supposed to fit so maybe even a full size down is good
>>
>>11848916
Size down by at least one full size, they run big lengthwise. Despite that, they fit narrow width wise. I wear a size 11 shoe (US) normally, and I wear a size 10 iron rangers. They might have fit better if I had gotten a 9.5 wide, but the fit was still good the way I got them.
>>
File: HrNdovc.jpg (111KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
HrNdovc.jpg
111KB, 780x520px
>>11848921
They're made to last a lifetime. If you can maintain them (resoling, cleaning, oiling), it's definitely worth it.

It's worth noting as you break them in the leather will loosen and soften, so it might be better to size down considerably, even though they may feel stiff when you first get them.
>>
>>11848912
Classic round and Classic moc
I've worn the same pair at work a few days in a row. They might start to smell but nothing else bad has happened.
>>11848916
First week I had bad blisters. Second was uncomfortable but manageable.
After a solid month of wearing about every other day they fit extremely well. Super comfy
>>
>>11848965
Do you or anyone ITT know how the color will hold up? I'm getting black because they're required for work so they'll be pointless if they fade a lot
>>
>>11848998
If anything I think they'll get darker over time, but I haven't owned mine for that long yet.
>>
>>11848965
Mine lasted about one year, and I took really good care of them.

In my opinion, these RedWing are gay as all get get.

Anyone with taste or a brain should avoid these at all costs.
>>
I got a pair of Blacksmiths which are the same thing without the toe cap. I love them.
>>
>>11849150
good post
please leave
>>
>>11849150
aren't iron rangers a work boot with a lifetime warranty? I'm sure if you emailed the company they'd get the issue sorted for ya
>>
>>11849150
Got any pics of them after a year? What type of stuff were you doing with them?
>>
they look great, just too narrow for me
>>
I own a pair of wolverine 1000 miles boots. They're my only boots at the moment but I want to expand my collection. How do iron rangers compare to my 1000 miles?
>>
>>11848828
I copped them from the states 2 weeks ago and are due to arrive any minute.
>>
>>11849416
I'll also post pics upon arrival in the thread
>>
>>11849420
My feet are 29.5cm long w/o socks but are also really wide (11.5cm), I hope the 13 isn't too long.
>>
Bump. I'm about to buy these soon and I'm excited. Gonna be rocking pretty much only workwear for the foreseeable future but I think it'll be good.
>>
>>11849409
whole different look.

quality in a work boot sense.

Wolverines suck ass.
>>
Things to know

- If your feet get sweaty, you will have to rotate this boot with another pair of shoes/boots, the leather itself will survive but the insoles might get totally wrecked

- These simply aren't work boots unless your work is in a carpeted office and getting there only involves moving on dry surfaces with friction - the vibram mini-lug sole version performs better but for some reason those only come in different leather variations, if you're thinking of this as some rugged boot you can take for simple hiking (which is what I believed it was because of the whole worker's boot image) or that would perform fine off-road you've been sold on a wrong impression of this boot

- http://feetlot.com/red-wing/iron-ranger visit this page to get a scale of how sizing works here, RWs run large - I wear size 11 in everything else I had to take 9.5's with the red wings - notice that as long as there's space in the toe box it's fine if they're a bit tight - it's a leather boot and it will break in and take your feet's form.
>>
>>11848912
Don't own red wings but heard the same thing. Not a big deal desu, that 2 day in a row things is so they last longer but its not like your boots are gonna fall apart in a week unless they're complete shit.

I've had goodyear welted boots for 2 years or so now and have used them 2 days in a row for a good half of that time, welting still holds up. The only minor thing is the heel block needs replacing but not much else. I just put shoe trees at the end of the day and wear em again the next day
>>
>>11848998
Maintain with wax and you're good to go. Besides can confirm boots get darker with age, light parts only come from scratches and shit and that gets solved easily with some tlc (conditioner and wax)
>>
>>11849671
I think they'll be good for what I need them for which is a lot of standing, and walking inside and outside, in any weather.

I don't even know if boots would be better than some Asics shoes made for comfort but I'm hoping they will be. My feet get sore a lot and I wear out so many shoes
>>
>>11849679
They're comfy enough but probably not any more than a comfy pair of sneakers, plus they don't offer any special support or padding if you need any of that sort of stuff.
If your feet still hurt a month in I'd consider getting custom insoles, which is something you should prob do either way if your feet hurt often.
>>
>>11849690
Can you recommend an insole brand?
>>
>>11849704
I'd recommend you go to a proper podiatrist and get custom insoles - if not than find a sports/running shoes store that makes custom insoles.
If you actually spend your time on your feet it's probably the best investment you can make.
>>
>>11849722
How much should I expect to spend?
>>
File: MH00494_BLACK.jpg (104KB, 570x692px) Image search: [Google]
MH00494_BLACK.jpg
104KB, 570x692px
Brooks Brothers currently have a sale on a pair of all black Iron Rangers for $285. Might want to consider if you're looking for all black; these do not have the brown sole lining.
>>
>>11849810
What else is different?
>>
>>11849732
Customs cost me around $200, if you want premade ones I can personally recommend Superfeet and Birkenstock.
If it's going to be premade ones, go to a store that caters to runners or hikers instead of a generic shoe store chain, the latter rarely know what they're doing.
>>
Morning bump.

Say my stupid boss tells me the wood color on the sole needs to be black as well, is that something that could be done?
>>
File: RH-97177-1-pdp.jpg (39KB, 530x480px) Image search: [Google]
RH-97177-1-pdp.jpg
39KB, 530x480px
>>11850016
The ones that were posted a few posts up have black insoles. Here's a link where you can cop them.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Red-Wing-for-Brooks-Brothers-9218-Premium-Iron-Ranger-Boots/MH00494_____BLCK_10___D___,default,pd.html?cmp=ppc_us_GG_pla_AllProducts&gclid=COyejb7M088CFQipaQodw1QEZA

Also, I forgot to mention that THICK wool socks are your best friend for breaking them in; they're more comfortable and didn't leave a lot of blisters for me like with thinner socks.
>>
Are these boots water proof? I'll be out in the rain
>>
>>11848828
Anyone know if cp boots are good for going /out/?
Would like a cheap second hand pair to wear when camping
>>
>>11851640

Do not wear fucking designer boots /out/.You will rip them to shreds. Get proper ones. If you're getting CPs, you can afford to.
>>
>>11851662
yolo
>>
I hear rouge territory just came out with some sick moc toe boots.
>>
File: IMG_1583.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1583.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
My rangers after 1 year with occasional conditioning. Great boots for work and they look brety gud
>>
>>11851734
They ok, cool if you wear them well but in that pick they look kind of bad.
>>
>>11851662
Can you wear iron Rangers /out/?
Are there effay practical outdoors boots or do I have to wear fugly hiking boots?
>>
>>11851790
A lot of people say they look the part but don't deliver. I haven't had mine long enough to comment but I've read enough reviews to see the general consensus.
Many say they aren't good for work boots, many say they are, but everyone agrees they aren't for hiking.
>>
>>11851790
If youre staying on grass or dirt you'll be fine. Otherwise, stay away.
>>
>>11851801
Sorry but I'm a bourgeoisie, what exactly does "work boot" imply when talking about its capabilities?
I'll probably be staying on trails for just a few hours at a time because I'm gay and casual.
Anyway, you seem to be knowledgeable about boots to some extent, can you be effay while hiking? What are practical, solid boots? Is all Milsurp trash?
>>
>>11851905
I don't know about boots really. I've just spent a long time reading about these boots in the past 24 hours. You can read the reviews for yourself but I think you'd be better off with something made for hiking, which these are NOT. Even the guy at the store told me that. They aren't covered by the same type of lifetime warranty as their workbooks are because they aren't workbooks. That said, you should be fine to do some light hiking. I know I'm gonna wear the shit out of mine even though there's "better" boots.
>>
>>11851935
Thank you for your help anon, God bless you.
>>
where can i get my iron rangers soles replaced? glue on vibram lug soles myself or take it to a cobbler?
>>
>>11852293
Send them to Red Wings. They resole for $100
>>
You guys made me clean my rangers. I wear them every day and haven't paid attention in about a year
>>
>>11852378
post pics?

my boots still haven't arrived yet :(
>>
File: IMG_3965.jpg (936KB, 3225x2301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3965.jpg
936KB, 3225x2301px
>>11852538
>>
as usual, theres a lot of shitty advice and misinformation in this thread. if you are thinking of getting some iron rangers, I hope you read what im about to post. it might save you a lot of money.

now, when i bought my first pair, i took the advice of people from here and reddit, saying to size down a full size. i usually wear a 12, but went with an 11. i put them on, and it seemed perfect. there was about a half inch wiggle room in the toe and my feet didnt feel crammed. after wearing them for a few weeks, my feet were absolutely killing me every day and i hated the boots. most uncomfortable things i ever wore. i ended up going to the red wing store, and the guy told me I had gone about it all wrong. now, here is the moral of the story: JUST BECAUSE THE BOOT SEEMS TO BE THE RIGHT LENGTH FOR YOUR FOOT, DOESNT MEAN ITS THE RIGHT SIZE. WHAT MATTERS IS WHERE IT HITS YOUR ARCH. the red wing guy told me i should get the boot in a 11.5 or even a 12. at first they looked too big when i tried them on, i had to much room in the toe area. but it didnt matter. they hit my arch in the appropriate place. they were super comfortable and like a dream compared to the size 11's. it makes a huge difference, trust me. bottom line is, its probably worth it to actually get measured at a red wing store. thes boots are supposed to leave ample room in the toe area.
>>
>>11854048
well shit. did they give you a refund or anything? the guy who sized me said to get the size i got so hopefully it'll be fine. my toes feel kinda smashed.
>>
>>11854048
Wouldn't they look really big if the toebox is too large?
I'm trying to buy boots but I'm really worried about buying clown shoes by accident
>>
>>11848998
>what is polish
>>
>>11851640
look at the sole and tell me lmfao

>>11851630
any full grain leather shoe is going to be moderately waterproof if you keep it conditioned. eventually however it will seep through. Look at Danner, they have slightly cheaper boots with a goretex linings and vibram soles.

>>11851727
>moc toe
>sick
nah brother

>>11851790
if you go on /out/ everyone is going to tell you to get trail runners anyway. tall leather boots are only really practical if you're going to be walking through dense underbrush as a matter of course- but damn they look good.

>>11851905
work boots can have a variety of features, non-slip, waterproof, steel-toe, some degree of electrical resistance, etc. boots branded as "work boots" are typically heavy and bad for hiking.

If you want outdoors inspo search the archive for surveyor/geologist core.

>>11854048
its probably better to just get a boot with a different last at that point
>t. a guy who bought a boot with an inappropriate last

>>11854664
are you wearing them with skinny jeans or what? try it with relaxed fit cargos and an oversized sweater. if you want slim boots you probably need dress boots or synthetic military style boots, not leather work or hunting boots.
>>
Finally started to wear some Beckmans I bought awhile back, right boot is narrow and hurts me feet. :(

I don't know if I can break them in like this. Otherwise I like them.
>>
File: IMAG0162.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0162.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Scraped my boot on some cement stairs. What's the best way to get this out?
>>
>>11855193
polish, but honestly live your life and just fuck them up in general
>>
>>11851662
I just saw some kid hopping around puddles and mud in CPs on a trail near a waterfall. He was being super careful and his gf (I assume) was teasing him hardcore.

It was hilarious.
>>
>>11855152
>are you wearing them with skinny jeans or what?
ideally, yes
>try it with relaxed fit cargos and an oversized sweater.
Sorry senpai, as a manlet I'm trying to put my days of walking around dressed like a laundry heap behind me. The baggy clothes I wore in HS are right out
>>
File: RW4.png (1MB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
RW4.png
1MB, 770x515px
>>11855734
And to somewhat contribute to this thread, I'd like to point out that I ended up with tts iron rangers. I have slightly wider than average feet, so they were narrow but had some room in the toebox with insoles. They stretched out widthwise and feel fine after a few months of wear. If I went a half or full size down, I would have been screwed.

It's awesome that there's so much information floating around about these, as many companies have shit all for a consensus on sizing, I'm glad I ignored it and tried them on in person.
>>
File: IMG_9142.png (534KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9142.png
534KB, 750x1334px
>made by chippewa
>bean brand without the beanies
>waterproof
>life time warantee
>free shipping
>$250
>no retarded clown toe box

What more do you want?
>>
>>11856083
how's the welting and leather quality?

you also forgot the big bonus that it isn't timberland negro boot.
>>
>>11856091
I've had mine for 2 years so far and I don't oil them. I thrash them around everyday in manhattan salt/snow and they keep my feet dry. Also walked 100 miles in 2 weeks in them when I went on a trip. So far so good, except a little expected sole wear.

Besides, life time warantee :^)
>>
>>11856100
nice, I'm just starting out in the boot game but it's kinda pricey since i live in australia. I defs want to cop RM Wlliams Chelseas but have the black iron rangers coming any day.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.