[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is wearing unit patches on a military style jacket stolen valor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1473964778411.jpg (13KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1473964778411.jpg
13KB, 230x230px
is wearing unit patches on a military style jacket stolen valor?
>>
>>11848315
ya
>>
>>11848315
No, just dont go around saying you were in the military and you should be fine but watch out for assholes who will sperg out on you for it
>>
>>11848315
If you want something that looks cool just use like MGS patches or something, the actual jacket/uniform is totally okay to wear, but using real unit or award patches/badges or insignia is disrespectful to soldiers
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005

focus on the terms "lied about".

if you lie about having earned medals, etc. if you don't, should be fine.
>>
oBViously not
>>
>>11848341
good idea about mgs
>>
>>11848354
>In United States v. Alvarez the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on June 28, 2012, that the Stolen Valor Act was an unconstitutional abridgment of the freedom of speech under the First Amendment, striking down the law in a 6 to 3 decision
but apparently the stolen valor act of 2012 became a thing, which only made it illegal to profit from stolen valor, but lying about receiving military medals for other reasons is a-okay
>>
>>11848341
Actually, I think it'd be pretty fucking cool to see my patch on some normie. It'd be obvious if it was one of you guys anyways.
>>
>>11848510
>>11848510
kinda sucks doesn't it.. seems like the law was p great just as it was before, so fags don't fuck around with muh semper fi
>>
>>11848527
Well, besides the metals and awards, that's kinda dickish, but I doubt anyone would beat you up over it.
>>
Nah, unless your rolling around with medals and shit, unit patches are fine. Just don't go around saying you were in them, any vet will be able to catch you on ur bs.
>>
>>11848315
shit, jarheads meanmug me for wearing nike sfbs
>>
yeah but who gives a shit
>>
>>11848315
It is and anyone who does it without earning it is a fucking loser honestly. You can do as you please tho senpai
>>
Mostly no. It's when you act like you were infact apart of the military that it's "stolen valor". That said, it's kinda weird walking around with unit patches on your jacket in general. Like, by doing so you imply you have military experience, unless of course it's a moral patch like FOXHOUND and such. Or if it was your dad's M65 or something for example, that's totally fine.

This is further complicated, as most of us aren't allowed to wear our field uniforms in public in general. I believe the Army allows it under certain circumstances though. We aren't allowed to though.

t. Marinefag.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.