[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those who previously suffered from acne, how long did it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

File: slider-3.png (367KB, 546x600px) Image search: [Google]
slider-3.png
367KB, 546x600px
For those who previously suffered from acne, how long did it take for the redness to fade from your skin?

I just cleansed, used BP and moisturised for a few months and my acne has cleared up (aside from an occasional breakout), but my skin is still a little red, especially around the cheeks. I've been exfoliating, using facial masks and putting on sunscreen, so hopefully that helps.

Skincare thread?
>>
>>11845878

Like, 8 months. I still have some marks left over from a year+ too.

Then again, I'm asian. This is with daily Vitamin C+AHA+BHA+hydroquinone+niaicimide use and all that fucking shit, btw.
>>
File: 1416806219073.jpg (38KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1416806219073.jpg
38KB, 900x900px
>normal people
>pimple disappears in 3 days, light red mark

>me
>pimple stays for 2 weeks, then leaves a bumpy dark brown spot for 6 months

IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU GOD FUCK YOU THERE IS NO GOD IT'S NOT FAIR FUCK YOU LIFE FUCK
>>
>>11845943

I am asian too

goddamn, that sucks. well, nothing i can do but keep up the routine, i guess.
>>
7 months of Accutane. 40mg daily
>>
File: 1462687659592.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1462687659592.png
217KB, 680x680px
>>11845959

23 YEARS OLD AND I STILL GET ACNE

FUCKV9UIYGBO;UJBGVUOYFVIHOLBIOUHGBJON[NOI
>>
File: 1476049273775.jpg (243KB, 1300x864px) Image search: [Google]
1476049273775.jpg
243KB, 1300x864px
im on accutane, 1st month - shit is legit, senpai.
>>
i'm one year after my 10 month accutane course and i just broke out badly, BP doesnt really help much, what do i do?
>>
veganism cured my acne, if you dont wanna go 100% I say just cut down on meat and dairy
>>
>>11846353
or going vegan rather lol
>>
>>11846057
acne sufferers have a gene expression that keeps them looking younger or ageing as quickly as those who dont
>>
>>11846364
complete bullshit. any sources?
>>
>>11846411
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/newsevents/news/newsrecords/2016/09%20September/Acne-sufferers-cells-may-be-protected-against-ageing.aspx
>>
>redness
Just sterilize the area and get rid of it
The post inflammitory hyperpigmentation should fade in about a month
>>
>>11846486
and creams with ceramide are excellent for healing the skin.

Using witch hazel as a toner is something I'd also recommend for the treatment period
>>
is ice cubes good for the redness?
I use an ice cube and rub the pimple with B after it
>>
>>11846509
not for prolonged periods
>>
>>11846509
i meant bp
>>11846517
i rub the ice cube for one minute, one minute break and so on
>>
>>11846526
ah okay that's fine then.

I used an icepack on my face for too long once and it gave me temporary (thank fuck) fine lines
>>
broke out again what the fuck do i do now, bp wont help
>>
>>11845878
a few years
>>
>>11846545
has your pimple come to a head yet?
>>
What has changing your diet done for your skin, /fa/?

I don't want to waste my life restricting myself if it doesn't do shit.
>>
>>11846555
yeah lad, all two of them and one is deeply inside
>>
>>11846657
I think heat via localised application of a hot flannel is a good way of encouraging pimples to fully form on the surface to prep for extraction. You've heard this advice before but when it comes to popping try not to fuck with the one that's deeper, let it surface first. Then, when all is said and done, crush anti-biotics into a fine powder and dab it over hte affected area. Tea tree is the next best thing if you cant get hold of anti-biotics. Getting inflammation down is should then be your key focus. COSRX Acne patches are a good way of getting pimples to come to a head.
>>
use ahas and creams with hydroquinone for pih you stupid fucks

anyways, can someone with an oily face rec a cleanser?
Im almost to the last of my current one and want to try something new
pls no cerave, that shit was awful for my face
>>
>>11847551
>use ahas and creams with hydroquinone for pih you stupid fucks

This bad advice for young skin
>>
just use
some foaming gel, toner for oily skin, jojoba + almonds oil and some sebum balancing cream. It takes 3-4 months for it to work but leaves your skin smooth.
Make sure to drink lots of water (atleast 3 liters per day), consume vitamin C or you can use some drops and massage them into ur face before oils and cream. EAT CLEAN and dont touch ur face with ur disgusting hands. All these pharmaceutical shit destroys ur organism.
>>
>>11847551
la roche posay effaclar foaming cleanser + aesop cleansing oil
>>
Also konjac sponges or active coal/charcoal soaps are great (if not better) and vegan alternatives for any cleansing foam
>>
>>11847748
>aesop cleansing oil

That's a needlessly expensive cleansing oil.
DHC's cleansing oil doesn't have mineral oil like Shu Uemura does and has the most simplistic ingredients of the three.
>>
>>11847747
>some foaming gel
Make sure the ph balance of your cleanser is on the acidic side, anything inclined towards alkaline will strip your skin of your moisture/acid barrier which will result in more acne
>>
on 3rd week of accutane and my face looks worse than before, getting much deep acne than I ever got. some1 send help
>>
>>11847945
i don't know what you can do besides limit any inflammation as much as possible:

no adverse temperature changes to skin i.e. hot/ice cold water.
Gentle cleanser for sensitive skin i.e. micellar water + cream cleanser
witch hazel toner
cream containing ceramide, which repairs the skin barrier
>>
4 and a half months at 10mg accutane a day, still breaking(only jaw and neck) so im going to take 60mg a day from now on until 6 months to see if i stop breaking out since my body is already used to the drug, my marks fade away in 1 month, i only use moistrizer at night and sunscreen in the morning.
>>
File: 1386967711165.gif (389KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1386967711165.gif
389KB, 500x375px
Are Hada Labo's cleanser and toner good?

I know a lot of people consider them to be HGs.
>>
File: 1423595122898.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1423595122898.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>look at people in public
>everyone has perfect skin
>people fucking touching their faces, scratching their cheeks, working in fast food
>perfect skin

>me
>never touch face, moisturize everyday+sunscreen etc.
>shit acne skin

fuck you life
>>
>>11845959
stop picking at your acne then retard
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (17KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
17KB, 320x180px
>>11849023
youtube channel "sv3rige", guy got rid of acne and allergies by eating differently
>>
>>11848652
Hada Labo's Hyaluronic acid lotion is excellent for hydration. It's not really a toner, more like an extremely extremely light pre-moisturizer. It has humectants in it so you want to put it on straight after you've washed your face to draw water to your face otherwise it will draw moisture from your own skin to the surface which is not good.
>>
>>11847851
its like 50 dollas tho
>>
Please stop this accutane meme
>>
>>11849649
The DHC Cleansing oil? it's around $28 for 6.7 fluid ounces.
>>
>>11849667
no the aesop one its only like bucks for i think 0,2 l bottle
>>
>>11849720
And you can easily find ones that are superior or on par with aesop at a more comfortable price point! Aesop are ridiculous although I do love their facial oils which are okay in terms of value for money.
>>
>>11849726
yeah i know
i used to use some locally made face cleanser but then my ex bought me this aesop one and it worked great for my skin so i just kept using it.
Australian and NZ cosmetics are prob the best
>>
File: pepe71.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
pepe71.png
11KB, 411x387px
>>11845959
>pimples and cuts heal extremely well on my face
>even the smallest cut will become a scar anywhere else on my body

I cant, i don't know how this works
>>
>>11849728
>Australian and NZ cosmetics are prob the best
Which products in general would you recommend?
>>
>>11849753

Complete opposite for me. I'm like fucking Wolverine for everything below the neck.

Anything on the face? Just fuck my shit up.
>>
File: PAL-07600-3.jpg (295KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PAL-07600-3.jpg
295KB, 1600x1600px
This shit work? It seems to have everything to fix PIH (Vitamin C, hydroquinone, retinol and even sunscreen), but that makes me worried that there's barely any of them actually in it and I'd be better off getting actual Vit C serums, hydroquinone products straight up.
>>
>>11849772
>hydroquinone
christ no - avoid

vit c serum - paula's choice
>>
>>11849777

What's wrong with hydroquinone?
>>
>>11849777
also use a AHA for a limited time if you havent got mature skin
>>
>>11849781
one effect is it increases skin sensitivity (i.e. sun damage) which brings on a host of other problems

If you have dark spots, a localized retinol treatment and/or vit c serum is good enough (but you need to use an SPF as part of your regimen for either of these!)

Also, don't use retinol for the daytime

For dark spots there's not shame in using a bit of concealer here and there
>>
>>11849756
aesop, Sukin, Trilogy (my fave), Ruakid, World Organic is hit or miss. Dont waste money on Moana. If you ever go to NZ i reccommend digging through some more obscure brands in herbal/bio shops.
If weare talking specific products you need to find for urself what you need and what works best. Right now i got forementioned aesop cleansing oil and orange hair balm, Trilogy mist toner (which is amazing i use it several times per day) and sukin revitalising facial scrub. Used to have sukins super greens face mask. it must have been good because i used it all. Dont remember much about it tho.
>>
>>11849800

i use Sukin

it's helped for my sensitive skin and it's super cheap
>>
>>11849802
yeah they got v good products and they smell nice
>>
what's better out of vit C serum and BHA for making acne marks fade quicker? do you need both?
>>
>>11849983
rose hip oil and sweet almond oil is better than any of these
>>
>>11849986

There's very little scientific evidence for those in lightening PIH. I'd rather go with something that's been studied and tried tested etc.
>>
>>11849772
i literally just bought that
seems to be working kinda, only been on it for two weeks though ill update you
>>11847585
>>11849777
>>11849795
ive got some acne/eczema scars, if not that cream what should i use?
i did some basic research on PIH but now im a bit spooked because of the things ive just read
>>
File: 1465855782070.jpg (360KB, 837x656px) Image search: [Google]
1465855782070.jpg
360KB, 837x656px
>>11850039
STHLM copypaste

Postinflammatory = A condition that arises after an inflammation (often in a certain area). The damage is often generally caused by the past inflammation. Inflammatory acne, when you get red/swollen/painful pimples, is a common cause for postinflammatory skincare conditions.

PIH = Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Hyperpigmentation means that there is a local excess of skin pigments (melanin). Pigmented spots have a dark brown color. The dark spots can last for weeks to years.

PIE = Postinflammatory erythema. Erythema is redness of the skin. The redness is generally caused by tiny superficial blood vessels that for some reason have been dilated or have gotten an increased blood flow. PIE are the red spots you get after acne. After inflammatory acne, the skin can be excessively red in some spots for weeks - up to years.

---
If you have any of them:
Protect your skin from sun damage using a +50 SPF sunscreen (with UVA protection: +3/5 stars). This is especially important for PIH. Both issues will fade in time (months, years), to some extent, if you do not irritate the area through more acne or sun exposure.

If you have PIH:
Your treatments options depend mainly on how much your skin has been pigmented, and the depth of the pigmentation. For superficial pigmentation, you'll might be able to make your spots brighter by applying things like hydroquinone, vitamin C serums, and retinoids.
For deeper pigmentation, try pulsed dye laser, chemical peels, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.

If you have PIE:
Time + sunscreen will fade it.
For more active treatments: consider silicone sheeting, pulsed dye laser, or fractional microneedling (FMR). See a dermatologist for help with this.
>>
File: 1419471594843s.jpg (6KB, 240x232px) Image search: [Google]
1419471594843s.jpg
6KB, 240x232px
>>11850053
>Both issues will fade in time (months, years)
>years
>YEARS
>>
>>11850054
if you don't do anything about them, sure
that's just a worse case scenario.
>>
>>11850058

It takes me a year even with daily work. My skin is so fucking shit.
>>
>>11850053
I would personally try not to touch hydroquinone

A chemical BHA exfoliant is good to add to your treatment phase regime e.g. salicyllic acid. Don't think "lightening" think "evening" your skin tone out.
>>
>>11850103
FDA-approved things are indeed very dangerous.
just look at different "reviews of the evidence" and you'll see that the fear of hydroQ is unfounded if you use it correctly
>>
>bad acne when teenager
>now 23, pretty much completely gone except for the odd pimple around my mouth underneath beard

>remember biggest pimple I ever had on a cheek that i gloriously popped
>scar still there that looks like the skin caved in

just fuck my shit up
>>
>>11850157

silicone gel

thank me later
>>
>>11850157
>scar still there that looks like the skin caved in
save up for laser treatment
>>
>>11850157
microneedling
>>
>>11849653
never listen to anyone who uses that word to argue against something
>>
>>11845878
If you wanna get rid of your redness OP use a lightening soap. I'd be careful though cause it does break out people who are acne prone, although it didn't break me out and I too am acne prone. After my face cleared up I had some red dots all over my face from past pimples and the soap just faded it out completely. I use Marie France btw
>>
>>11846278
dude i took that shit for half a year I think, maybe a year, and it has almost totally cured me of any acne as of three years later. I'm just really worried about what side effects it'll cause. I have noticed little abnormalities about my body like how the bone in the center of my chest sticks out more on the right side. Normally not self conscious about that stuff but when my girl friend rubs her hand on my chest when we lay together she always goes over it and has commented on it before.
>>
Is this a good regimen for my face?

1. benzoyl peroxide + salicylic acid
2. rinse with water (necessary?)
3. astringent
4. moisturizer
>>
>>11847945
>>11847973
Fucking shit does it really not work for everyone? I will straight up kill myself if accutane doesn't help me I have done everything else
>>
>>11852379
>1. benzoyl peroxide + salicylic acid

not for daily use though
>>
>tfw bretty decent skin in high school
>turn 19, almost like I hit puberty again
>worse acne than I've ever had

atleast I'll be able to grow a beard finally when this shit is done
>>
>>11845878
My friend has really bad backne. What can he do?
>>
File: 1430118062343.png (82KB, 428x864px) Image search: [Google]
1430118062343.png
82KB, 428x864px
>>11852929

>my friend
>>
>>11852929

go see a doctor

over the counter stuff is only good for mild cases of acne.
>>
>>11847367
I love you for this. Been wishing for a more focused way of dealing with these things
>>
>>11850054
don't feel bad about using a little concealer on some places you think needs it.

Make up counters are extremely sympathetic when it comes to these things (usually). If you're will to shell out the extra bucks then there are brands that are rather discreet in their packaging when it comes to male use.
>>
>>11853329

I used to use bb cream until a girl called me out on it.

never again
>>
>>11852976
after you're skin is visibly healed (as in when the scabs all flake off with minimal redness left) you can then begin the 'evening out skin tone' phase with BHAs, which is to be used 2 times per week since you're skin is will still be traumatized. I don't rec AHAs for young skin since they are mainly used to target wrinkles
>>
>>11853333
You should have call her out on being such an asshole.

So you used bb cream as targeted coverage or all over?

I know it's daunting to get eleborate with make up but a damp (mini) beauty blender or standard small make up sponge is an excellent way to apply base makeup on problem skin. Trying to smooth these things via fingers or brush, as opposed to stippling with a damp sponge, over problemed areas is akin to exfoliating it thus accentuating flakes. Of course when you're skin is fine a brush or fingers are okay to use.
>>
File: 1388564393839.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388564393839.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>CA tells me to use Paula's Choice cleansers because they're good
>has Laureth-4 and Glycine Soja Oil which are gigantic acne triggers
>>
>>11854130
CA got $15 from referrals for every new customer he/she shilled into buying PC so there's that
>>
>>11854130
how far along are these on the ingredients list?
>>
How the fuck do I get rid of my blackhead-covered strawberry-looking nose? It's the only thing about my skin I feel like I can't control.
>>
>>11854351
Salicyllic acid liquid exfoliant 2/3 times per week after cleansing
>>
>>11854400
*night time cleansing
>>
>>11854406
BHA can be used both morning and night. it's just AHA that you need to be careful about in terms of sun
>>
>>11854400
I'll have to look into it. I'm a bit hesitant on putting something with the word "acid" in its name on my face, but thanks anyway.
>>
>>11854409
I wasn't saying that with the sun in mind, BHAs can be drying in conjunction w/ sunscreen and mess with daytime routine
>>
>>11854409
and people take BHAs too lightly - it strips the skin as exfoliants are expected to do. Using BHAs at night allows you to also add moisture back into your skin with a heavier moistuirser
>>
>>11846526
what is bp?
>>
>>11854433
benzoyl peroxide perhaps?
>>
>>11854416
Yeah I hear you. You only need to worry about the concentration. 2% Salicyllic is great.

Your skin needs to be maintained at a certain ph level on the acidic side, which protects it from infections - that would lead it to a break out. It's the alkaline levels that should be of higher concern. Foaming cleansers or Clay face masks i.e. bentonite based clay, rhassoul clay have a high ph level (therefore alkalic) so you need a topical treatment (i.e. a toner) to get the skin ph level it back down
>>
>>11854513
So I should use a toner instead of a cleanser with the Salicyllic products?
>>
>>11854573

All I can offer is my own experience. I have skin that is sensitive and on the dry side, so if it get's scratched it will rise like hives (but not itchy like one). I personally prefer a toner type bha product that I wont be washing down the drain because how will it get to work with full efficacy on your skin? The sole purpose of a cleanser is to clean the skin a gently as possible without stripping of its moisture so it doesn't need to do anything else.

Cleanse then use toner-type solution. After that, use a moisturiser.

Depending what your skin is going through, you will have to switch up your products or adjust the number of occasions you use them. You will go through a treatment phase at some point but when your problems have subsided you will start using milder things for maintenance
>>
>>11854416
your face is acidic and your stomach has hydrochloric acid in it though
>>
>>11854290
Please tell me there are screencaps of him being exposed.

>>11854348
They're towards the end of the cleanser ingredients list, but they're also featured very close to the top on the toners as well. I'd never want to run the risk of using a toner with two highly comedogenic ingredients like those two -- especially since that is designed to stay on the skin.

Their exfoliants are A+ though.
>>
>>11854848
>Their exfoliants are A+ though
This, we can agree wholeheartedly on
>>
>>11846648

Getting a decent matcha green tea has done wonders. I have very inflamed skin usually but drinking a cup every morning has made my skin like normal peoples.
>>
File: g1MdLex.jpg (340KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
g1MdLex.jpg
340KB, 1280x1280px
>>11845878
Depends how bad your acne was, but I would say it can take up to a year or two for it to fade away completely.

>>11847945
>>11852492
No, it's typical it gets worse initially before it starts to improve. It'll get worse for a month or two before it gets better, but it will get better. It's a permanent cure for ~90% of people. Some may have to go through a few courses tho.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.