[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it possible to dress "plain" but still stylish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 204x247px
is it possible to dress "plain" but still stylish / not normcore?
>>
this is what the majority of /fa/ attempts to do

in short, no. take a look at any of the waywts to get a better understanding of why this is a bad idea.
>>
>>11843520
w2c american gothic painting
>>
>>11843520
Yes it is.

What people don't fucking understand is that you don't need to dress like a flaming faggot attention whore snowflake, garbage flavor of the month hypebeast shit, to stand out and to be considered well dressed.

What's important is how the piece of clothing fits. That's it. Full stop.
>>
>>11843520
when dressing plain it is more about materials, fitting, details, ..
>>
>>11843543
amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=american+gothic+art+print
>>
>>11843556
examples please
>>
>>11843520
normcore is plain but stylish. have you read k-hole's 4th issue?
>>
its basically what i do in all honesty. imo personality in how you dress is pretty dumb. it should be how you want to be perceived by the world. if youre looking into move into this type of cloathing, i would advise buying button ups from old navy, pants from dickies, and brown leather shoes or boots
>>
File: sunspel polo.jpg (32KB, 384x619px) Image search: [Google]
sunspel polo.jpg
32KB, 384x619px
>>11845091
Even though it's totally plain, this was one of James Bond's most iconic looks.
>>
>>11843520
Success is rooted in understanding that a good fit, some high-quality fabric, and top notch shoes will do you well. For daily wear, my personal favorite is a tailored white Oxford, a nice pair of jeans or shorts, and my Ferragamo loafers. Simple? Sure, but it's timeless, neither flamboyant nor ostentatious, it makes good impressions and it's versatile. Appropriate in San Tropez or San Juan Capistrano, Saville Row or Skid Row.
>>
Mm. OP. Big boy. Gotta add an addendum to my post.
>>11845517
Accessories are a plus. Nay, a necessity. If you wanna continue with the "plain" style, just get something classy and it'll elevate your whole outfit. If you want to go all /fa/ on us, if you want to take the concept of a coffee table book and apply it to your style, go get some far-out shades or a groovy timepiece. Robert Downey Jr does it. As long as it's high quality, it should pop against the rest of your outfit.

Either way. Go online and buy yourself something nice from the Dezeen watch store.
>>
>>11845210
> black with khaki
> acceptable
BLECHT
>>
>>11845810
that polo is midnight blue. It's still in the sunspel collection.
>>
>>11843520
yes.
Find some good fitting pants a simple yet good fitting shirt, a nice yet not gaudy outer layer if it's cold, and then a pair of shoes that compliments your wardrobe. It's not hard. A good fitting pair of jeans, a Tshirt that looks good on you and a nice pair of shoes will do you a lot of good.
>>
File: 1426423458841.jpg (201KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426423458841.jpg
201KB, 1200x900px
yes
>>
>"plain" but still stylish / not normcore?
See Wilguen
>>
>>11846218
even he's dropped that shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.