[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to find your style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: waves.png (224KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
waves.png
224KB, 1000x1000px
How do I find my style without wasting tons of money? I just recently started giving a shit about my apperance and all my old clothes are horrible (boot-cut jeans, baggy pants, ugly ass hoodies)

I'm a poor student, how do I find a style I like? What do I prioritize buying?

pic related, only nice piece I own
>>
bumping 4 op
>>
>>11843313
Lurk on /fa/
Take up a part time job or research reselling. Check out grailed.com .
I also think there is some person on youtube doing like series on grailed steals. Pick a model and/or designer that you want to mimic their style. After you find that individual, tweak things little by little then you will end up having your own style.
>>
File: 1.png (273KB, 402x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
273KB, 402x1070px
start with good basics from decent brands. Slim jeans from uniqlo, tees from american apparel. Both these things you can get on sale if you just wait for the right moment. You can easily get some uniqlo selvedge jeans for $20 if you wait, and that's not even the best possible price. Follow stores for sales and then when the price is good you pounce.

Until then, just look at inspiration for what you like. Do you listen to certain music? Do you like specific styles from movies? Find elements from each thing that you hold interest in and try to see how it would look in your style without being autistic as fuck.

I doubt it would work but you could also look into grailed basic and try to find cheap basics there if you can't find any sales right now.

Also don't buy everything at once. Work slowly and realize it takes a while to build a half decent wardrobe. I've spent like a good three years and I'm just starting to think I filled all the gaps

also thrift
>>
File: 1461635033604.jpg (2MB, 1936x2020px) Image search: [Google]
1461635033604.jpg
2MB, 1936x2020px
>>11843313
I'd suggest starting by getting cheap basics for now and eventually buying a couple of nicer/pricier pieces similar to inspo you'd actually wear.

Go to h&m, Uniqlo or Old Navy and buy a couple of plain tshirts of different colors, and get some cheap denim pants. If the only thing you dislike with your current pants is the cut consider getting them tailored. Check out thrift stores for cheap nice coats, pullovers, hats and sometimes shoes. Check out department or discount stores like Sears, Winners or The Bay in Canada. I heard you have similar stores like Burlington and Macy's in the States? Invest in a good pair of versatile sneakers like NB 574, or Vans depending on your style.

Make sure to follow this one rule : Don't try to change your whole wardrobe in a week. You'll regret the clothes you bought really fast.

nice hoodie btw
>>
>>11843313
>meme
>>
>>11843417
?
>>
>>11843489
Don't let him bait you lol
>>
>>11843313
Don't go on /fa/, for starters. You'll just pick up shit advice because nobody on here dresses well.

Malefashionadvice or streetwear on Reddit is better because the retards can't hide behind anonymity. Just lurk there for a couple months and then once you understand what looks good, you can start unlearning it and develop your own personal style. Then you can come here and laugh at the people who think they dress well.
>>
>>11843540
Surprisingly good advice.
>>
>>11843313
w2c hoodie
>>
>>11843612
this
>>
>>11843313
the first thing I copped after browsing fa was some skinny black jeans that I wear everyday, I own like 6 different pairs of pants but I don't like any pair now, they are all 1-2 sizes too big, too baggy, too long, etc. After that I went for unbranded shirts and sweatshirts, and basically that's what I wear, rotating boots or sk8 his. Though I haven't 'found' my style yet I look better in all basic shit, the only problem is that I feel like I'm stucked in the basics and can't figure out where to go from this
>>
>>11843612
op here

It's a voided kanagawa hoodie

http://voided.bigcartel.com/product/tsunami-hoodie

I love it, amazing quality and got quite a few compliments on it
>>
>>11843540
This is pretty true.

I'm in your position, OP. What I did was lurk online and look around on campus and see what I thought looked good and what didn't and for what didn't work I asked myself why it didn't and for what did I asked myself what stood out about it. My sister also works at a mall so while I couldn't drive (didn't get my license till I was 19 for reasons) I would lurk the mall and just look around.

For keeping costs low buy a lot of neutral color stuff (I like grayscale) that would work with anything. You can't go wrong buying dark (navy, gray or black) Levi's 511 stretch,they fit well, look good and they go with anything. Make sure you don't buy online though cause their QC sucks and sizing can vary.

It's really just looking around a ton first and seeing both what you like and what fits your budget.
>>
>>11843313
shop at thrift stores like goodwill and every other store you can find. Buy anything that catches your eye or at least try it on, think what you would like to go with it and begin creating outfits, the real problem isnt that you dont know what to wear its that youre afraid to anything other than what you wore in 7th grade
>>
>>11843674
this shit is 100% my style damn, thanks for the link OP
>>
OP here

Just want to say im still lurking, greatly appreciate all your advice
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.