[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 59

File: bleu.jpg (86KB, 1336x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bleu.jpg
86KB, 1336x1000px
LAST THREAD >>11815583
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: frag guide.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frag guide.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>11843261
If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...
>>
Tried Kiehl's musk yesterday. Really disliked it, but it's nice the morning after when you have to touch your nose to your skin to smell it.

Musks remind me of an asshole I used to know, so they're hard for me to enjoy.
>>
[Daily reminder that Tom Ford Private Blend are babbys 1st exclusive pricey fragrances]

Sillage and longevity is shit for most of them, and can't motivate their cost. Also they are price-hiked about 8x.
>>
>>11843294
Bottles look nice though.
>>
>>11843298
Yep. My cap broke though and the TF metal logo on the top fell off. Quality.
>>
>>11843331
which ones besides the blue line are you spouting nonsense about longevity
>>
>>11843274
>18
>Male
>Any season
>Not too expensive
>Avant-Garde but wearable
>>
>>11843274
>Male
>24
>looking for something in the $40-70 price range
>fall/winter
>dates, night out, shows, etc
>Big fan of Roma Uomo, Diesel Fuel for Life Denim, Chrome, Versace Eau Fraiche. Not into previously recommended 1 Million or Le Male. Specifically looking for something that smells like a serious EDT version of Axe Apollo deodorant stick (gets me more compliments than any real cologne I have)
>I'm 6'2, around 195-200 lbs muscular, usually wear dark Levi 541, White sambas, and flannels or basic sweaters/t-shirts.
>>
File: img_1041.jpg (4MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
img_1041.jpg
4MB, 5616x3744px
Can men wear women's perfume? I want to use Hypnotic Poison on me.
>>
>>11843274
These posts need to be removed from the general. People hardly respond to them because no one wants to spoonfeed.
>>
>>11843500
Yes, women's perfume may smell differently on a man's skin and vice versa. If it works with your skin and style, go for it, but definitely don't go with a blind buy, sample it first.

In case you're worried about the what others will think of it, spray the tester/sample on your skin and wear it for a day, observe how people will react.
>>
File: armani_black_code.68175842.jpg (12KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
armani_black_code.68175842.jpg
12KB, 280x280px
20 y/o here, today I bought a 50 ml of armani code for fall/winter. it's really warm and spicy, I like it. pretty pricey though.
>>
>>11843532
Some people enjoy making suggestions. But yes, most would be better served going to fragrantica, then buying a couple dozen samples.
>>
>>11843574
be sure that you dont smell like mfa fiend in that age
>>
>>11843288
It's probably just that musk. Weirdly, I had the same association as you when I tried it; reminds me of a tacky 50-something guy in an all-white suit.
>>
>>11843294
way overpriced for sure, but a lot of them are decent-to-great.

some like neroli portofino are an absolute joke though. cheap luxury for rich people.
>>
Looking for a sexy frag maybe for dates, group outings with girls, nights out etc
Dior sauvage or ysl la nuit de l'homme?
>>
>>11843500
Midnight poison is the most masculine of the poisons but if hypnotic woks for you, why not.
>>
>>11843622
I really like ysl l'homme. but it has horrible projection and longevity on my skin. La nuit smells nice but I prefer l'homme.
>>
>>11843500
Guy who wears Elizabeth Taylor passion here, yeah.
>>
I like to mix women's armani code with gucci's bamboo for nights out. Code for a light hair misting and bamboo on wrists/nape. The smell lingers and blends in with the eventual cigarette parties everyone has while drinking.

I think my most hated fragrance was Botegga veneta, straight grandma.
>>
>>11843500
I tried to wear it as a woman and was asked repeatedly why I was wearing cologne.
>>
Best place to buy frags online? Hesitant to purchase from amazon because of counterfeits
>>
What do you think of oud fragrances, I bought some arab oud oil fragrance and I love it but my gf seems to hate it idk
>>
what's the consensus on pic related? I've been using it for 2 years and I like it a lot and it's affordable for me but maybe it's time to change

I'm 21 btw
>>
How about scratch and sniff samples?
>>
>>11843717
Only a few people I know can pull them off. Usually real oud "oil" fragrances are too strong. They're a cool olifactory experiment to me, but I don't wear them on a date night or during work.

>>11843746
Its an ok, not too expensive fragrance. If you like it, and your loved one does, just keep using it. You can sample some other stuff off course.
>>
>>11843693
Beautyspin and Fragrancenet
>>
>>11843294
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Tobacco Vanille is still a great scent.
>>
>>11843746
If you like Black XS you should try out One Million, it's by Paco Rabanne as well and I think it smells a little more formal and has pretty good longevity
>>
>>11843956
Is this bait?
>>
>>11843956
i mean probably.
1 millions is a meme.
but it's a meme because it works.
I have a large cologne collection and every gf i've ever been with has said she liked 1 million the best. so that's something.
>>
>>11844037
What other frags have you got?
>>
Does anyone have experience with CB I Hate Perfume fragrances? What scents have you tried? Which ones did you enjoy? The store is a short ride on the subway away from where I live and I've been meaning to go in and try something new.
>>
File: SAUV34M.jpg (99KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SAUV34M.jpg
99KB, 750x750px
My favourite, loads of bitches have told me I smell good af.
>>
>>11844037

why do you date retards?
>>
>>11844351
Performance blows, CB himself is a massive cunt
>>
>>11844385
I wear Sauvage but I especially like to mix / layer it with JHaG Anyway.
>>
>>11844453
this
>>
>>11843685
Seconding the hate for BV
>>
If Sauvage gets the most compliments, what's second best? I have plenty of fragrances I like but would also like a good compliment getter and I think Sauvage smells gross. Bdc?
>>
>>11843717
It took me a while to get used to oud, but I love it now. I especially enjoy offbeat or "fresh" ouds and ouds that go light on the rose, which can come across as old womanish.

Try copping a sample of Mancera Gold Intensitive Aoud. It does include some rose, but is ultimately more citrus-aquatic in nature. Very summer-friendly and unisex. The oud is light but persistent. Once she gets used to MGIA, try something like Shelter Island (a modern citrus marine oud) or JHaG Another Oud (unisex raspberry-lime-ambroxan oud).
>>
>>11843532
>no one wants to spoonfeed.
What do you mean by this? That no one wants recs of frags to try? These threads are *filled* with rec requests, most of them far too general to come up with any sort of meaningful list other than crowdpleasers.
>>
File: o.30605.jpg (170KB, 1001x1024px) Image search: [Google]
o.30605.jpg
170KB, 1001x1024px
>>11843422
>>
>>11844852
how are you supposed to spray that when it goes below 80%?
>>
>>11844882
>that's what's avant-garde about it
>>
>>11843422
>>11844852
>literally Avant Garde
just wear Encre Noire Sport
>>11844882
That's an air bubble. The spray tube continues down and to the right, presumably to the bottom.
>>
>>11844852
Kind of reminds me of 1 million and bubble gum, doesn't really match its name.
>>
>>11843693
FragranceNet
FragranceX
StrawberryNet
BeautyEncounter
>>
Im male
Price is max $150
I want one that'll fit most situations, but especially dates.
This time of year im usually in boots, jeans, and a Tshirt with an M65 jacket
On dates Tshirt would be replaced with a polo or buttonup
>>
Should I get Sauvage

Does it really bring in so many compliments
>>
>>11845066
I'd say it's pretty safe. People rag on it like Bleu de Chanel but it's mostly just ragging on them because they're so safe and "cologne"-y. They are pretty safe to blind buy and I really can't see someone disliking them, other than simply finding them boring and generic. Women however seem to love both of em. I'd say Sauvage is somehow tied with Invictus as my most complimented out of my entire collection.
>>
File: 60885m.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
60885m.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Probably a dumb question, but do colognes with tobacco scents tend to give off a sort of smoker vibe? Like do people tend to think you're a smoker just based off of your fragrance?

Also, my CK1 is going outta season. Can somebody recommend me an autumn/winter frag? Was looking at pic relate before my question came to mind.
>>
Ok /fa/, we see a lot of fragrances hyped to high hell and back. So what are some fragrances that you saw hyped that just didn't live up to it for you? At the same time, what are some that actually lived up or exceeded all the hype?
>>
>>11845077
Not a dumb question at all. Tobacco notes tend to be various shades of cured tobacco leaves. Think how a pouch of pipe or rolling tobacco smells, or a cigar, all unburnt. As someone who smoked cigarettes for a long time, nothing I've smelled resembles how a smoker smells coming back from a smoke break, which is horrible and gross.

And BL fM is a fantastic fall/winter option. Reminds me of the holiday season, and I wear it almost every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Havana and La Yuqawam Tobacco Blaze pH are both tobacco forward scents that would be great in F/W. Any other criteria?
>>
I want to start getting into fragrances but I honestly have no clue, the only fragrances I have are some Gucci and Calvin Klein ones that were gifted to me and I never wear.

Can anyone tell me about Aesop's eau de toilette? I love the smell of most of Aesop's stuff, really herby and natural smelling, which is what I want to go for.
>>
>>11844900
Kek
>>
>>11845535
for what it's worth, I'm 21, male, don't want to spend too much on perfume, and like herby, musky smells
>>
>>11843532
I want to be spoonfed

>>11843274
I'm a mid twenties man, very hairy, very tall and very broad. For most of my life it's been unscented everything. Unscented deodorant, unscented body wash, shampoo, detergent, etc. I'd like to give this cologne thing a shot again, the only stuff I've ever used was Art of Shaving sandalwood cologne, back maybe in 2011. However I do sweat alot during work since it's a bit active.
>>
File: original.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
this is my go to
>>
>>11845995
by go to i mean everyday scent.

for more exclusive events, ill wear floris no.89
>>
Wore Aventus to work for the first time today (I've had my bottle for a year). Two compliments in the first hour using just two sprays.

Stuff is popular for a reason, friends.
>>
Ralph Lauren black for every day use, or something different? I'm tired of smelling like me
>>
Anyone have experience with the terre d'hermes line (soap, shower gel)? Considering making it my scent and wondered if using the shower gel would make the perfume kind of unnecessary, or if those items are expensive memes and sticking with cheaper unscented products +perfume are the way to go.
>>
>>11845020
Can anyone with insight into the grey market confirm there's zero chance of getting a counterfeit? Like, is there a difference between new/in-demand fragrances and older, overstock ones? I'm OCD/autism and will pay full price for frags to make sure they're real.
>>
File: 1468183934167.jpg (61KB, 501x634px) Image search: [Google]
1468183934167.jpg
61KB, 501x634px
tough on dior homme intense?
>>
>>11846620
>those items are expensive memes and sticking with cheaper unscented products +perfume are the way to go.
You got it. Scented soaps/washes are nice, but don't last/project and are no replacement for a proper fragrance.
>>
>>11846683
Large sites like FragranceX sell genuine items. The reason they're cheap is because

1) their inventory sat on the shelve for a while and department stores decided they can't move them before the inventory starts to lose potency, so they sell them to discount places at a markdown, or

2) the inventory came from overseas market (e.g. Middle East) shipment where the retail price is lower because people there can't be expected to pay what westerners pay for the same perfume.
>>
>>11846683
Anyone who tells you there is zero chance is talking BS. The only way to be 100% sure you are getting a legit frag is paying list price from an authorized retailer. That said, those retailers you listed have been around for many years and they wouldn't be as popular as they are if they were selling counterfeits. And I'm no expert, but if I were a counterfeiter, I wouldn't waste my time making fake Polos now, I'd be making the hot stuff that sells like Sauvage and BdC...
>>
>>11846683
Thousands spent at fragrancenet and beautyspin. Never received anything suspect.
>>
File: o.28291[1].jpg (499KB, 1000x1276px) Image search: [Google]
o.28291[1].jpg
499KB, 1000x1276px
I like this one, it's really good.
>>
>>11845094
Anything from Tom Ford, Bond No 9, or Creed
>>
>>11846702
Phenomenal fragrance, GOAT-tier designer. It's unfortunately been reformulated a few times now and many complain about the performance not being on par with previous formulations. It is quite feminine too so if you prefer more masculine fragrances it might not be your thing. That said, I prefer the original Dior Homme, just classier and more versatile to me. If you like Dior Homme Intense I also suggest giving Valentino Uomo Intense a try, seems to be getting a lot of love right now and really is quite similar
>>
>>11846977
First category, or second?
>>
>>11846968
>JUST
Oh come on... Really?
>>
>>11846968
>filed under scents I will never own based on packaging alone
>>
>>11846977
Those are some very decent houses, anon. You don't have to hate on them in every thread just because they're popular.
>>
File: 1384028288016.jpg (37KB, 497x305px) Image search: [Google]
1384028288016.jpg
37KB, 497x305px
>>11847302
>>11847294
It's good though

Also last time I bought it they said it's "limited edition" and won't be made again and there's not much left
>>
>>11847332
I don't hate them, the first question was: what fragrances are really hyped but didn't live up to the hype.
Don't be autistic
>>
>>11846683
Everyone says not to pay full price for designer frags, but I really like my local Nordstrom and they work on commission, so I'd rather keep my money circulating locally (via that and taxes) and have piece of mind knowing I'm getting a legit product than sening money who knows where who a possible (however unlikely) fake.
>>
>>11847769
Lots of weird autocorrect in that last sentence, sorry
>>
>>11845094
Bleu de Chanel to me is boring as hell, but I get the hype behind it, as it's really well made. DG The One I neither smell nor remember after five minutes. Encre Noire lost to Platinum Egoiste somehow when I tried them.

I was insanely disappointed by Dior Homme Intense and Spicebomb. The irisy pear I get from the former and the, uh, spicebomb from the latter smell just puke-inducingly sweet on my skin.

Nearly every single mainline Serge Lutens I've tried apart from Chergui and Five o' Clock almost made me gag. Especially Arabie, what the fuck was that.

Vintage M7 and M7 Fresh on the other hand lived up to all the hype and then some. It's just criminal how good this shit smells.
>>
>>11847769
Not only that, but last time I bought at Nordstrom (think it was Havana), they loaded me up with a ton of samples, even stuff they didn't sell, just what they had lying around.
>>
>>11847807
>It's just criminal how good this shit smells.
Even though I've had it for years, M7 Fresh became one of my go tos this spring, summer and warm fall, and shot up the ranks to be my second most worn scent on BN. Gotta get a lot colder to bust out the M7, though...
>>
>>11847870
They had the perfect cold weather / warm weather combo with these two. A real shame one has to pay out the ass now to get on that train, but then again I prefer that over smelling like every other dude on the street.
>>
>>11844718
The crazy thing about Sauvage is that it blows everything else in my collection out of the water compliment-wise. Including BdC, which has only gotten me maybe 2 ever.

2nd place out of my collection is Midnight in Paris, strangely enough considering how unisex it is. But people seem to love how it smells on me.
>>
>>11848032
Amen. I kind of have a thing for discontinued scents. Missed a few, but here's what I could grab in one armful for the group shot. Didn't even get in to the vintage stuff that's been reformulated.
>>
>>11848110
That little M7 looks so cute. That's not a 50ml though, is it? Digging the Rive Gauche and Polo too.
>>
>>11848211
Isn't it? It's one of these, picture related, sitting on top of a 3.4oz M7 Fresh. Bought 'em new in 2011. IIRC, M7 had just been discoed, and wasn't expensive yet.

>Polo
The little one is a 0.5oz of Crest and the big one is Modern Reserve. It's really a crime that such great frags get discontinued.

The most interesting one, IMO, is Infusion by Bombay Sapphire. It was a promotional scent included in a gift set available only at duty free shops in the early 2000s. It really does smell like the gin and is great in summer.
>>
File: yves-saint-laurent-m7.jpg (231KB, 1920x2120px) Image search: [Google]
yves-saint-laurent-m7.jpg
231KB, 1920x2120px
>>11848262
Huh. Mt 50ml bottle looks like pic related: more stocky and proportioned like a pack of smokes. Funny enough that's precisely what stuck in my mind when I saw M7 for the first time and got me to buy it a couple of years later, so your bottle looks kind of off to my eye. Might be the later edition, sinec you mentioned 2011.

Was about to ask what this Infusion thing was. Cool stuff! Do you have V&R Antidote, since we're talking about discontinued gems?
>>
File: ham.png (121KB, 507x461px) Image search: [Google]
ham.png
121KB, 507x461px
How's MDCI Invasion Barbare?
>>
I want a warm weather fragrance that lasts 10+ hours

What should I get
>>
>>11848353
>>11848262
Nevermind, just noticed that I got 0.5 oz and 50ml confused like a typical Eurofag. Carry on!
>>
>>11848353
Yeah it's longer looking than the regular bottle, and it's not even 3.5" tall. But funny, your pic looks squat to me. And now I remember why I bought them. It was supposed to be the best deal you could get on original vintage M7, as the reformulation being talked about so much. This was before Oud Absolou came out.

And ha, I didn't even know Antidote was discoed. I have a mini of that. Liked it, but not enough to get a full bottle.

>>11848429
Heh, yeah, it's 15ml.
>>
>>11848067
Interesting. Really not a fan of MIP either. Too powdery. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and wear Sauvage if I want to try a compliment getter. Or not try it at all. There's just something about Sauvage that smells bad to me. Like maybe it's also powdery? I don't know. Something doesn't mix well with the citrus.
>>
File: 9cf408e9c2e6169cbc385a59aaaf4e4e.jpg (100KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
9cf408e9c2e6169cbc385a59aaaf4e4e.jpg
100KB, 1200x1200px
>>11848448
M7 had a tough life. First it gets released to lukewarm reception, then it's neutered and reformulated, then discontinued, then re-released as Oud Absolu which is once again reformulated, then Oud Absolu ITSELF gets changed once more. No wonder people are willing to pay so much for the vintage product.

M7 and Antidote had been my first and only two scents apart from basic cologne for a long, long time, and the discontinuing of both of them is what led me to look up other fragrances in the first place.

Fast forward two years later and I'm sitting on top of nearly two litres of various stuff, a whole box of samples and trying pic related for the first time today. I'd say anyone who's into Kouros, especially vintage Kouros, should give MKK a try if they haven't already. I smell like a piss-soaked werewolf in heat.
>>
File: Oud Wood.jpg (21KB, 350x537px) Image search: [Google]
Oud Wood.jpg
21KB, 350x537px
This is underappreciated.
>>
File: 49316.jpg (137KB, 600x863px) Image search: [Google]
49316.jpg
137KB, 600x863px
>>11848359
>>
>>11848509
>I'll just have to suck it up and wear Sauvage if I want to try a compliment getter
Don't you dare buy a frag you don't love just to get compliments. I will find you. Would you wear a shirt you hated because other people liked it on you? Part of the fun of this hobby is to find scents that you absolutely love and if other people do too, then bonus.
>>
>>11848563
I hated the brown original and how creamy and sweet it was, but I tried the new grey one and despite TF saying it's the same stuff, the sweetness is mostly gone now and I like it so much I got the fuckhuge decanter last week. I had an old sample of the vintage one and tested them both side by side; the difference is definitely there. Glad I did give this one another chance.

Anyone tried the new TF Verts?
>>
>18, Male
>up to 150$
>looking for something unisex/masc
>My father introduced me to L'eau D'issey pour homme, but I want something more oriental, spicy, warm, but not too deep, something which I can also wear with jeans and a sweater and not look/smell out of place.
>>
>>11848554
I have e tiny sample of that from the Scent Bar. Will have to bust it out again.

And it was similar for me. I had one bottle of Crabtree & Evelyn Vetiver that I wore one spray of every day and loved it. It got confiscated at Zurich airport security and it was long discontinued when I tried to replace it, so I decided to find a replacement vetiver. Nothing really was just right, so you branch out a little more, and... I have since found another bottle after many years looking and I almost never wear it.
>>
>>11848619
I wonder how long those huge bottles last.
>>
File: t3_2lse7h.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
t3_2lse7h.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>11848110
>modern reserve
>mfw

L'occitane re released Eau de 4 Voleurs as part of some legacy collection thingy btw. I really want to cop but I'm fucking broke. How is it?
>>
Does your appearance play any role in what frag suits you? If so, then how big a role does it play?
>>
>>11848684
Not necessarily, but you can generally ascertain by how someone dresses what they'll usually like, i.e. when I see middle-aged men wearing Dolce & Gabana with Yeezy sneakers they probably wear 1 Million.
>>
>>11848656
>a strange episode of Strength Camp...

Yeah, MR is the tits. I like and respect the original, but MR as well as Crest did it better for me.

>re released Eau de 4 Voleurs
Really, and I was gonna sell it for a profit as I don't wear it all that much. It's really well done, but I just never find the right occasion to wear it, i.e. hiking in a pine forest. It's very evergreen: juniper berries, pine and cedar I'd say fans of Polo and Yatagan would really like it.
>>
File: 63369m.jpg (29KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
63369m.jpg
29KB, 600x526px
pleb here. This shit is great
>>
>>11848631
After my two favourite scents disappeared or got butchered I only get the biggest possible bottles now.

If you don't use the funnel like a retard but rather get a syringe/pipette, there's practically no loss during transfer. I bought a decanter of Tuscan Leather two years ago and I'm on my fourth refill right now, using a 50ml atomizer. I've still got a little over 30% left in the decanter, apply usually around five sprays each time and wear the scent around three times per week.

With these numbers in mind, I reckon a decanter should hypothetically last me a year and a half of continuous use - and we can easily double or even triple that since I'm not wearing such heavy stuff daily. The juice in the small 50ml bottles ends up being roughly twice as expensive as the decanter when you take into account price/volume, unless you really grab a bargain somewhere. Not to mention you can easily decant samples from the jar and flip them if you're bored with the scent.

>>11848630
MKK is the only perfume apart from Black Orchid where I was actually grateful they didn't put the sample in a spray bottle but in the tiny dab-on vial. Definitely try it again, I've never smelled anything so carnal and I'm loving every second.

Sorry to hear about the airport story, I actually feel the same way about my M7 now. I have the original 50ml, half of an original 100ml tester and an almost full Fresh, but end up using Oud Absolu the most. I'm not losing this baby again.
>>
>>11848619
if you like smelling like olive trees(bois) or like way too much green you might like the verts but i hated them
ombre leather 16 on the other hand
really great but i prefer my tuscan leather over it

OW is just a tad too spicy for me
>>
cold weather scent that lasts 4+ hours?
something a little spicy maybe
>>
>>11848628
Chergui, Serge Lutens
>>
>>11849176
I have a sample of Italian Cypress and Amouage Opus VII on the way and wanted to compare tchem to Vert d'Encens later on, as I've been looking for a strong woody/foresty/earthy/resinous scent to fill a hole in my collection. TF Extreme is nice but all over the place and doesn't last long enough to warrant a purchase, which is a shame really. Still don't know how Patchouli Absolu compares as well.

Wonderwood and 2Man from CdG and Tanoke by Odin nearly scratched the itch, but longevity is again a problem. Cashmere Mood by MFK smelled great, but is far too expensive for what it offers...
>>
Memes I tried today as I look for "the one" (or five, or maybe ten).

>Creed Green Irish Tweed
Overdosed on Coolwater in highschool, this was an unfriendly reminder. Not for me.

>Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Clean and pleasant, but reminds me of hotel (or motel) room soap. Not for me.

>Hermes Bel Ami Vetiver
Love Terre d'Hermes, and like this very much. I should probably explore everything Ellena has done. Not sure I'd buy a bottle, as it just doesn't suit me now; it's more something I'd wear at 40 or 50.

>Dior Homme
Divine, but not sure it fits my personality. A maybe.
>>
>>11845077
Just got this on a blind buy. I don't think you'll be disappointed
>>
File: IMG_0881.jpg (82KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0881.jpg
82KB, 370x370px
looking to sample a few more scents soon. I've been wrenching on cars a lot lately and noticed that I don't like the way some frags mix with the metallic, oily scents that go along with it. Any suggestions to compliment rather than mask that scent?
>>
>>11849595
Wonderwood/Wonderoud
>>
>>11849595
Fahrenheit
>>
>>11847807

>spicebomb a shit

seriously, why do I see spicebomb getting recommended so much?

To me it smells like someone took a bucket of cinnamon and dumped it right on my face. Stinks like shit.
>>
>>11845066

test it first. I get a cold, metallic smell from it and gf says it smells like old man
>>
JUST bought this, go make fun of me
>>
>>11850133
Hey, if it works for you, whatever.
>>
File: bulgari.jpg (90KB, 1000x818px) Image search: [Google]
bulgari.jpg
90KB, 1000x818px
is this a good fragrance my friend said that i should buy it if i want to get laid but it's pretty cheap
>>
>>11850133
i love tobacco and amber fragrances, so i'm sure i'd like it.
>>
>>11850288
don't know what should i feel, it kinda smell like a female fragrance
>>
File: 568458.jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
568458.jpg
24KB, 500x333px
Recommendations on a fall/winter fragrance for a guy?

I'm looking for a scent that is dark, melancholic and depressing with a slight medicinal tinge to it, kind of like a sterile ambient of an operating room. The type of frag that someone like Peter Steele would wear.
>>
>>11843274
>Male
>19
>Anything up to about $100
>Fall/winter
>Preferably something somewhat accessible so I can try in-store (keep in mind that I do live in a big city where you could probably find some more exclusive stuff)
>Wore Burberry Brit last winter, Terre d'Hermès last spring/summer. Looking for something kind of smoky. The sentiment of a bar with a wood and leather material and smoking is still allowed.
>186cm, 65kg, wear mostly SLP, Sandro, April77 but also thrift quite a lot.
>>
>>11850417
should be interior instead of material
>>
File: nd.5521.jpg (29KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.5521.jpg
29KB, 300x400px
Opinions on ysl la nuit de l'homme?
>>
>>11850428
Incredibly played out, average performance and honestly not that great smelling
>>
>>11850428
alright/10

and the number of times this question has been asked must be into the hundreds by now
>>
>>11847332
Creed and Bond no. 9 aren't very decent. They're sub-par designers that pose as haute parfumerie. That isn't to say they have a few good frags, but overall they're poor houses with really sleazy marketing techniques. You're probably astroturfing.
>>
>>11850428
gb2 the JF comments section
>>
>>11849372
wtf get Norne.
>>
>>11849595
any 80s powerhouse-style frag. Giorgio for Men, Moschino PH, Salvador Dali PH, Polo, etc.
>>
>>11850785
>opinion I dislike
>astroturfing
For whom, exactly? What a retard assertion.
>>
File: tumblr_o5zlq14G4U1rl3tlpo2_1280.jpg (144KB, 632x844px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5zlq14G4U1rl3tlpo2_1280.jpg
144KB, 632x844px
Should i get Encre Noir a l'extreme?
Currently using Midnight in paris and Kouros.
>>
just got BDC EDP

this is dank as fuck thanks m8s
>>
>>11851336
doesn't project well though, but I like the scent
>>
>>11850320
What do you expect from axe/lynx? They're all sickly sweet and slightly feminine. In saying that, for that price you can't go wrong
>>
>>11848609
I have found a few that I absolutely love. I just know none of them are real compliment getters so I wanted to try something that was to see what it's like. It would be more of a experiment or a tool than something I'd want to wear.
>>
>>11848684
I think it does. But the subjective way that someone views you also plays a role. Someone who thinks you look disgusting might think that a fragrance that they really like wouldn't suit you if you wore it. If you dress in a lot of athletic clothing, a warm, comfy fragrance might not be as well suited to your appearance as a light citrus fragrance. If you wear really high-end clothes, something cheap and sweet like Joop might seem strange.
>>
>>11850380
I don't really know if any of these will work for you but...

Lalique Encre Noir
Le Labo Patchouli 24 (haven't actually tried this one)
DKNY Men 2009 has a sort of sterile, peppery smell
Escentric Molecules Molecule 01
>>
>>11848357
Too pricey. But lovely fougere. It isn't as elegantly smooth, but try HdP's 1725 as an alternative.
>>
File: what a fucking chump.jpg (76KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
what a fucking chump.jpg
76KB, 1000x562px
I need something woody, cold, sad, and handsome.

i don't have the young leo haircut just fyi
>>
>>11852314
Air of Despair by Imaginary Authors
>>
What would you say the "must try" Guerlain fragrances are? Male, female, uni, whatever.
>>
>>11851853
>I have found a few that I absolutely love
Mind sharing what they are? And are you sure you're wearing enough so people can actually smell you, even within arm's length?
>>
>>11843261
I've started doing this thing where I leave a dish of vanillin and cinnamon shavings out to give my living space a nice aroma. Any tips or suggestions?
>>
>>11848715
I was wearing this today and some girl could not stop smelling my shirt. She said she thought she knew which fragrance it was, and that it was a really expensive one kek
>>
>>11852575
Mitsuoko, Jicky, Derby, Vetiver, Sous Le Vent, Vol de Nuit

Protip: the feminines are so timeless and well-crafted men can easily apply
>>
File: o.38210.jpg (88KB, 685x732px) Image search: [Google]
o.38210.jpg
88KB, 685x732px
Thoughts on pic related?
I understand it's supposed to be very winter lodge-y, if that's a thing.
>>
wearing la yuqawam. copped a sample of tom ford's tuscan leather and it is almost identical with the exception being the yuqawam has a much stronger raspberry note to start with, but on drydown it's hard to tell the difference.
>>
>>11852750
Burberry London (usually...sometimes it doesn't smell right to me)
Atelier Orange Sanguine
Philosykos
Tuscan Leather/La Yuqawam Rasai

I also like my bottles of Aventus, CDG Black, and Parfums de Marly Habdan a lot, though haven't worn the latter two out in public.

And no, I'm usually pretty conservative with my sprays, so I understand that people in passing may not even smell me. But it's easy to go overboard with a couple of those.
>>
>>11853638
You sure? Looks like it's saffron/mint/citrus, which doesn't sound very winter lodge-y to me. And people seem to think it's a summer fragrance.
>>
File: 1458678812418.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458678812418.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
What deodorant and antiperspirant do you guys use? I notice my underarms get a little smelly with speed stick unscented.
>>
>>11855068
Crystal deodorant, thankfully I don't sweat much so I have no need for an antiperspirant.
>>
>>11855086
Unfortunately I swear a fair bit so I can't go without an anti persp, fuck
>>
>>11855068
mitchum unscented roll on antiperspirant

I sweat enough that I need the aluminium, unfortunately I can't get away with just a deodorant
>>
>>11853490
thanks for those suggestions, adding them to a very long list.
>>
>>11845077
Frag is overstated. It's always smelled super fruity to me, and while I get that there's tobacco-y scents in there, I feel that it is too sweet. Not sure why such a sweet scent is considered good for winter by many people. Definitely a spring/autumn frag if anything.
>>
What fragrances don't see enough love on /fa/?
I see pic-related every now and then but definitely not enough. Stuff feels super classy and once I'm out of Aventus (don't want to let any go to waste since shit was so expensive) I'm going to start using Invictus for formal events.
>>
File: original.jpg (49KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
>>11855607
Forgot the pic, damnit.
>>
>>11855607
I don't see Tauer L`Air du Desert Marocain or L`Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer mentioned on here ever and I think they're both pretty nice. Boss Bottled is a good, cheap fall fragrance that I don't see much of on here either.
>>
>>11852575
There are so many

Apres l'Ondee
Derby
Habit Rouge
Heritage
Jicky
Angelique Noire
Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Tonka Imperiale
Cuir Beluga
L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
La Petite Robe Noire
Eau de Guerlain
L'Heure Bleue
Mitsouko
Nahema
Samsara
Shalimar
Vetiver
Vol de Nuit
>>
>>11855608
invictus? ladies seem to love it, but it's far too synthetic/childish/bubblegum smelling to most men themselves including me, I just can't bring myself to wear it no matter how much girls like it.
that said it does rake in the compliments and has good performance
Try invictus aqua if you get the chance, never tried it myself but from what I've heard it's basically invictus but without the overly sweet bubblegum smell, and women like it just as much
>>
Sampled a lot of niche and boutique frags yesterday, here's my thoughts:

I always thought creed was overpriced and not that great but sampling their line yesterday changed that. Aventus truly is god-tier, SWM and himilaya are perfect for summer, VIW has a far too prominent coconut note for anyone other than an 18 year old to get away with. Royal mayfair is gorgeous and a must have. GIT is overrated to be honest. Overall, best for quality, not so much for price

On to JHAG. their entire line seems a bit meh. Dont get me wrong, they're nice scents, problem is they lack the staying power and projection that would make them a fantastic brand. Not a perfume by JHAG is an interesting concept but fails to deliver. Overall an average housewith subpar frags

Amouage
The majority of the Amouage line smells too far arabic for me to get away with. The rose note in lyric is just too strong for my liking. Moreover, the only ones I truly did like were reflection man and their new release bracken, which tone down the overt spiciness and musk of the other frags. Overall an overpriced house but excellent quality

Killian
Killian is built on generations of cognac makers and thus, many of the frags display heavy alcohol notes. Intoxicating truly lives up to its name, I simply could not stop smelling my wrist where I sprayed it! Its an absolute must have for lovers of sexy winter scents. If you can afford it, killian is an incredible house with many beautiful scents.

L'Artisan Parfumeur
Im in love with this house. Everything I sampled blew my mind. Personal favourite - fou d'absinthe, it mixes the characteristic smell of absinthe generated by anine and licorice beautifully in a green and woody base. Absolutely wonderful house with many great frags

Penhaligons
Nice scents but nothing remarkable. Longevity is piss poor for almost scents. Very mediocre house

CDG
Nice house, bit avant-garde for my tastes but hey, that's what niche is
>>
>>11855068
perspi-guard. life saver if you sweat a lot.
>>
100ml of arso came this afternoon,
amazing but it doesn't come with an atomizer :^(

what's your favorite wood scent /frag/
>>
>>11855647
Thanks, added to the list as well.

>>11855939
Try any Byredo? I just sampled Gypsy Water and it went straight onto my "buy a bottle" list. Some may find it too feminine, I just find it perfectly gentle. Look forward to exploring more.
>>
>tfw you're sampling perfumes and accidentally touch the bottle with your nose and now everything smells the same.
>>
File: o.39579.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o.39579.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
Is it any good? New beast?
>>
File: Jagermeister_Bottle.jpg (177KB, 647x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Jagermeister_Bottle.jpg
177KB, 647x1440px
>>11843261
tried hella expensive Tom Ford tobacco something
received comments that i smell like Jagermeister, liquorice and sawdust
>>
File: nuf.jpg (158KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
nuf.jpg
158KB, 700x493px
What is the most civetic fragrance human made?
>>
File: 34534534.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
34534534.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
what do you guys think of pic related for normcore fits?

what would be a normcore scent?
>>
>>11856798
Acqua di Gio
Nautica anything
Curve
Tommy
Abercrombie Fierce
>>
>>11856741
top fucking kek

perfume snobs spend hundreds of dollars to not even accomplish the main goal of fragrance, which is to smell nice to the opposite sex

>b-but i dont wear fragrance for women

yes you do, stop lying to yourself
>>
>>11850538
>>11850564
>>11850788

Fuck man, i just got that.
>>
>>11856571
Really nice, very similar to DHI just sweeter. Performance is beastly
>>
what is it about the opening of wonderwood that i hate? it's nice about 90 minutes later, but there's a sharp note in the beginning that i can't stand.

i thought it might be aldehyde, because i'm finding i really dislike aldehyde, but in this case it's something else.
>>
>>11857171
i have similar feelings, the opening smells too sweet for me
>>
File: 14101049180_42540a5de0_b[1].jpg (197KB, 979x1024px) Image search: [Google]
14101049180_42540a5de0_b[1].jpg
197KB, 979x1024px
>>11855939
Which scents from Killian do you recommend for men? They are so expensive and I am only familiar with Amouage and Creed Royal Oud when it comes to higher prices fragrances.

Amouage Epic Man is also a great scent. One of my favorites next to Myths Man.
>>
>>11857171
>Aldehydes themselves are organic compounds present in various natural materials (for instance natural citrus essences such as the one from orange rind, rose oil, pine essence, citronella and cinnamon bark.

>cinnamon bark
>rose oil
well this explains why i dislike egoiste as well, maybe.

not sure orange bothers me as much.
>>
>>11857163

I liked the original uomo when I sampled it. Is it similar or completely different?
>>
>>11856742
Try Mouscs Koublai Khan.
>>
>>11857364
It's similar. It's actually an 'Intense' flanker that lives up to the name. I find it sweeter and more dense than the original
>>
This is one of my favorites, almost perfect fall scent. Recommended
>>
File: 71bn5crxyhL._SY355_[1].jpg (30KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71bn5crxyhL._SY355_[1].jpg
30KB, 355x355px
A qt guy asked me what I was wearing today and then told me it's nice

I'm not sure what to make of this
>>
>>11857834
Thanks for being helpful.
>>
>>11857039
are you talking to me, m8? i like tobacco scent, so I thought it would smell like tobacco, but it's not
that's the bottom line, not girls and shit
>>
File: creed-royal-oud[1].jpg (109KB, 610x440px) Image search: [Google]
creed-royal-oud[1].jpg
109KB, 610x440px
>>11857834
oops
>>
>>11857039

Not the anon you posted to but just my 2 cents.

You're not completely right or wrong. To me the point of fragrance is to feel like the you're the man, women react to confidence not your Cologne. Smelling good is just a plus.

I could wear dior sauvage or bleu de chanel and rack in compliments but it's not the same if I'm wearing something I personally like (pure malt for example) which makes me feel more confident and in the zone than mass pleasing fragrances.
>>
>>11857569

I think you've won me over. Should I blind buy if I like the original? Looking for a signature fall fragrance
>>
>>11857856
It's a good one
>>
>>11856190
Unfortunately the store didn't have any. Living in Australia makes it impossible to sample niche houses without travelling at least an hour and spending ridiculous amounts on the juice itself
>>
>>11855939
Where do you go to sample niche frags?
Just in general where can I go?
Are these events or do you just show up at a store and sample everything?
I have never actually purchased a frag in a physical store apart from the first frag I ever got.
>>
>>11857200
For summer Water Calligraphy
For winter nights/dates intoxicated and for day Pure Oud
Single malt is also up there as well as back in black
>>
>>11858601
>Where do you go to sample niche frags?
I literally looked up niche fragrances in Sydney (where I live) and looked through the first few results in google. Sephora has a small range of niche scents if you consider atelier cologne, penhaligons, etc. niche. Try going there. Also, some department stores do stock creed and killian but its very rare. Look it up online, go in and sample, go home and buy a small decant online through facebook or redit and see how it goes on your skin during different conditions

>Are these events or do you just show up at a store and sample everything?
The latter. A lot of boutique/niche places are open by appointment. If possible, fall ahead and arrangea time that suits you. More often than not, it's a very personal experience, with wonderful customer service. I was in a room with the manager/owner for around an hour talking all things frag and sampling virtually everything to get a taste for niche.
Im sure there are events somewhere but its easier going in to stores physically to see what you like - they always have a bigger range

>I have never actually purchased a frag in a physical store apart from the first frag I ever got.
Me too. Sample in store, buy decants/bottles online
>>
>>11858645
Call ahead*
>>
>>11858645
>I was in a room with the manager/owner for around an hour talking all things frag and sampling virtually everything
That sound fun as fuck. I'd be more inclined to buy from those kind of stores after building that kind of "relationship", that's some really nice service they got there.
>>
>want to try Amouage
>sample pack is $100
>>
>>11857056
If you like it, that's all that matters.
>>
>>11850428
I think Allure Homme is better.
>>
>>11858361
If you like the original then, yes, I think it would be a safe blind-buy.
>>
>>11850428
it's like taking a walk at midnight and stopping for a kiss beside a lavender-lined garden. it's a lovely evening scent, though i can't speak to longevity or reformulations.

>>11857056
the only opinion that matters is your own. all that matters is how it makes you feel.
>>
My super rich friend said I should check out Mad et Len. Any good?
>>
Anyone had any bad experiences with fragrance net? It's pretty much the only place to get Bond No9 frags in my country, without paying through the ass so I'm really tempted.
>>
>>11859628
Never had a bad experience with them besides their taking three days to ship my orders out on a few occasions. Product itself is great.
>>
>>11859673
Thanks anon. The reviews for the site aren't very inspiring. Rampant accusations of fakes etc
>>
>>11859685
I have about five Bonds purchased through fragnet, testers and retail. Researching batch codes, it seems that some of the bottles might have been two years old when they shipped. But the juice is genuine and totally fine.
>>
>>11859881
I think that's the price to pay for the huge discount on the otherwise extortionate retail. Cheers.
>>
Any opinions on the more lesser talked about A*men? I'm talking stuff like Pure Wood, Pure Leather, B*men, Pure Energy, etc. I honestly never see them mentioned. Worth checking out?
>>
File: amen-pure-shot_sp-ad.jpg (2MB, 2598x3366px) Image search: [Google]
amen-pure-shot_sp-ad.jpg
2MB, 2598x3366px
>>11860036
What about Pistorius' Pure Shot?
>>
>>11860059
I always wondered if that had anything to do with rebranding it as pure energy
>>
>>11860059
>your fragrance is so lame you had to put a cripple on the adverts in hope that customers will pity you enough to buy your shit
embarrassing
>>
Dior Homme vs Dior Homme Intense vs Boss Bottled?
>>
Is it normal that i can still smell EDT on me although i already showered twice since i put it on two days ago?
>>
>>11860945
Are you sure it was EDT?
>>
>>11860945
GV does that to me
>>
nuit d'issey--is this appropriate for office wear? i don't want to smell like i'm going to the club trawling for pussy
>>
i know its kinda off topic for these threads, but im looking for some incense that smells good but wont make me smell like some crystal healing guru or some shit
my apartment and my clothes smell like shit to me, although my friends tell me i smell alright, so i was looking to change things up
>>
What is the best way to apply fragrance? Thus far I've been doing 3 sprays on the chest and one on each side of my neck

Is there a better way?

Also how close should the atomizer be to my skin?
>>
>>11861682
Typically one spray on each wrist and either one on the front of your neck or two on the sides.

The reasoning behind this is simple: the body parts most likely to come in contact with the area around one's nose is the wrists and neck (e.g. when you reach for a hug).

Obviously you don't hug everyone every day, but you also don't just thrust your chest toward someone's face every day either.

For work wear it doesn't really matter as much, but obviously if you're going out on a date you might first go in for a kiss or hug when you see your m8 and you want them to get that good impression from the start.
>>
>>11861682
Location depends on number of sprays. Number of sprays depends on potency of the fragrance being applied.

For most perfumes I go with one spray on the chest and one in each armpit (unscented crystal deodorant). If I want to be more assertive, say for going to a party or club, I will add a spray at each elbow for a total of five sprays.

For softer fragrances that don't project well, I default to the chest/pits/elbow five spray pattern. If I'm only wearing a fragrance for a few hours and know that I will want to change scents later in the day, I just spray each wrist once so that it can be washed off more easily.
>>
should I fall for the AdG profumo meme?

i want a long lasting aquatic
>>
File: thierry-mugler.jpg (52KB, 920x518px) Image search: [Google]
thierry-mugler.jpg
52KB, 920x518px
>>11860059
Why is Thierry Mugler so weird?
>>
>>11861100
Probably, as long as you go easy on the sprays. Incense, leather, and wood could pose a problem if you wear too much at the office.
>>
File: nd.28286 (1).jpg (85KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.28286 (1).jpg
85KB, 300x450px
>>11861708
Profumo was okay. I preferred the original. Better than Essenza though.

Alure Homme Sport seems to be well liked and apparently has good performance, but I've never tried it.

Pic is also related.
>>
>>11861682
2-5 sprays depending on frag and occasion, with most in the 3-4 range. Wherever you want, but I like chest, back of neck and forearms. Reason being hair holds on to top notes and aids projection and longevity. Avoid proximity to nose, i.e. face and front of neck, to avoid olfactory fatigue.
>>
>>11850795
Holy fuck anon, this is amazing.
>>
File: 20161015_011904.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161015_011904.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
any fraggots here have anything from my stash?
>pic is my collection
>>
File: 0.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>11862041
mfw one million
>>
>>11862091
pretty much. but girls (16-22~) do actually like the smell.
>>
>>11862041
Cool Water & a mini of Drakkar Noir.
>>
>>11862109
Cool water is nice, eh? maybe a little too synthetic. But i'm not huge into aquatic scents.
>>
>>11862091
tfw I think One Million smells good.

It just smells juvenile. Something someone over 20 shouldn't wear
>>
>>11862119
I am >>11862041 and I am 20 and wore it mainly between 17-19
>>
>>11862118
I haven't worn it in a long time, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it. It just seems a collection isn't complete without it. I'd put some on right now, but the Kouros I applied this morning 17 hours ago is still working. HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!
>>
>>11862124
Never smelled Kouros, but I have a huge issue with my colognes not lasting on my skin. Maybe I should give Kouros a shot?
>>
File: Jack likes.gif (3MB, 379x299px) Image search: [Google]
Jack likes.gif
3MB, 379x299px
>>11862130
>Maybe I should give Kouros a shot?
>>
>>11862136
which is your favourite?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>11862041
Not bad. Not as meme filled as mine. This is it for designer though; from samples and bottles there's nothing more that interests me. gotta cop some babby's first niches and then explore some houses. Any reccs anyone? Be kind
>>
>>11862149
>ysl
my nigga
>>
>>11862143
Period? Maybe Antaeus.
>>
>>11862164
>house
>>
File: thierrygross2.jpg (26KB, 400x441px) Image search: [Google]
thierrygross2.jpg
26KB, 400x441px
>>11861716
holy shit
>>
>>11862164
>overworn junk
>>
File: lolita-lempicka-premier-parfum1.jpg (103KB, 906x600px) Image search: [Google]
lolita-lempicka-premier-parfum1.jpg
103KB, 906x600px
Do you guys use female fragrances? Tell me about it.
>>
>>11862710
>caring about whether something is a "female" fragrance

what does that even mean? its 2016 buddy.
>>
>>11862149

>Allure
>La Nuit

Based timetraveler.
>>
>>11862710
I only use the ones I deem masculine enough for me to wear. I don't really care for advertising and sometimes females like the scent on me
>>
>>11861716
what is wrong with him?
>>
>>11862789
What do you mean?
>>
Any recommendations for something similar to Mugler Cologne, but with actual longevity longer than 20 seconds? I've heard Original Vetiver is similar.
>>
Ausfag here going to a wedding in a couple of months so it's going to be hot as fuck. I'm looking for a long lasting formal scent fit for summer. In my potentials I have Versace Eau fraiche, aventus or Mandarino Di Amalfi layered with either Neroli Portifino or Venetian Bergamot. I'm also tossing up between getting AdP's Colonia Essenza. I love that "Italian coastal town" vibe and that's what I want to go for.

Any suggestions? It's been a while since I've bought a bottle so I can justify a pricey one. Thanks guys.
>>
>>11861553
Cedar, cones or sticks, are a non-hippy solution but may make your place smell like a campfire.

Scented candles would be my choice, and they give you the illusion of having your shit together and really add a nice ambiance; can get super expensive for lux candles (and even the cost of decent candles will make you think twice), or you can buy a bunch of cheap vanilla ones from ikea, not all candles are created equal and there's a whole world to explore if you want a hobby.

Clothes smelling like shit shouldn't ever be a thing unless you're wearing them 10 times before washing or putting damp clothes in a hamper for a couple weeks. Wearing perfume will make all your shirts smell good. Or...

Or buy a couple of febreeze/airwick/whatever auto sprayers at the super market, find a scent you like, empty one can spraying every inch of your apartment, then set up a couple sprayers in out of the way locations (on whatever timer you want). That's how I solved living with someone whose room smelled like a sweaty asshole.
>>
>>11862041
>coolwater
>hugo
i had both of those in high school.

weirdly, when i first smelled BDC, i had a flashback to my hugo days. i'm not sure i actually remember what it smells like, but something in BDC triggered the scent memory.
>>
>>11863349
amazing how smells and memories can be linked like that.
>>
File: expandable-bamboo-flatware-tray.jpg (30KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
expandable-bamboo-flatware-tray.jpg
30KB, 625x625px
>>11862149
memes are fine if you enjoy them.

but please buy a bamboo drawer organizer of some kind, because your pic makes me really depressed.
>>
>>11863144

This board thinks fragrances can be outdated.

Go and tell that Chanel.
>>
>>11863202
Try Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
>>
is there a huge difference that you have noticed between the parfum's and the toilettes?
I'm not exactly rolling in cash so I was wondering if i'd be okay if I get the ones I want in toilettes.
>>
>>11863574
depends entirely on the fragrance. reading reviews for each at places like fragrantica will often have people comparing the two.
>>
>>11863586
>depends entirely on the fragrance. reading reviews for each at places like fragrantica will often have people comparing the two.
thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I don't know much about scents and colognes.
>>
>>11862098
it has kinda gotten a bad rep (here in sweden at least) among people my age(20) because of the group of people it is mostly associated to. Which is sleazy middle-eastern party kids, and boy do people spray it too much.

Speaking on the same subject, what do you guys wear to the club/parties? I tried midnight in paris a week ago and got a compliment from a stranger which usually doesnt happen.
>>
>>11863381
I will get one, organise & repost. Stay tuned.
>>
Hi m9s

I'm looking for a fragrance that is

-oriental
-warm-weather appropriate
-long-lasting

What should I get?
>>
>>11864811
Mancera Voyage en Arabie Gold Intensitive Aoud
>>
File: 61tkhRQGzxL._SL1000_.jpg (98KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61tkhRQGzxL._SL1000_.jpg
98KB, 1000x1000px
>>11843274
>~100$
>male
>19
>autumn weather
>i dress mostly in black
>my style is sort of off-normie and cozy
>i have been using burberry london but want something a bit more gourmand (vanilla, chocolate, spicy, woody)
>something to last for 8-10 hours

i've been looking at pic related. is it a good choice?

thanks in advance :)
>>
>>11862710
A few that are described as unisex but not any marketed as feminine yet
>>
>>11864461
cheers. don't do it for me. don't do it for /fa/. do it for you.
>>
>>11862710

I have a few. Namely Gucci - Rush, Elizabeth Arden - Green Tea and Cacharel - Eden. People respond well to them and are always surprised when I tell them that they are feminine (which goes to show how strange the designation is but I guess it's for marketing or whatever). Gucci Rush is one of my favourite frags, it's a very fun one, to me it smells like a party. One of my girl mates smelt it off me and bought a huge thing of it soon after.
>>
man you guys really got me doing some research
here's my list:
ambre précieux (winter scent)
heritage eau de toilette Guerlain for men (fall+winter scent)
Guerlain Vitever (Spring scent)
Insurrection ii pure (Summer scent)
l’occitane eaux des beau (winter scent)
burberry for men london (Winter scent)

thinking of picking up Heritage and either baux or london
anyone try these scents out?
>>
>>11862130
>Maybe I should give Kouros a shot?
Yeah if you want to fry everyone's oldfactory system that's within 100 feet of you.
>>
File: nd.5921.jpg (65KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
nd.5921.jpg
65KB, 300x315px
>>11865139
Animale Animale
>>
File: YSL Kouros.jpg (17KB, 372x256px) Image search: [Google]
YSL Kouros.jpg
17KB, 372x256px
>>11866140
Tell me more about Kouros. What is wrong about it?
>>
>>11865441
none of ya'll have tried any of these?
>>
>>11865441
>burberry for men london
Nice warm scent. I don't think it's possible to dislike, but personally I prefer something with a little more spice.
>>
>>11866165
I recently tried it for the first time with an open mind, but I couldn't really see myself ever wearing it.
I was ready for some piss or bathrooms, what I got was mainly something bitter, extremely so (and I like bitter, I drink black coffee without any sugar). It reminded me somewhat of the ruta/ruda plant that they take here at the start of the cold season.

The people I was with didn't like it either, although they were more vocal about it, it was interesting for me to try "the king", or at least the current formula.
The longevity is monster if that's what you're looking for, also the harsh and bitter mellowed down at the end making it much more pleasant for me.

>>11845094
So it didn't live up to its hype for me, not with the love nor with the piss.
>>
>>11866240
more spice eh?
any suggestions?
>>
File: loewe-001-s.jpg (23KB, 489x250px) Image search: [Google]
loewe-001-s.jpg
23KB, 489x250px
Did anyone of you try the new Loewe 001?

Apparently if you combine the one for men and women a new fragrance develops or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaKF6huXtzs

also

LONDON
>>
>>11844850
>>11845980
Spoonfeeding, not being spoonfed
>>
>>11845980

Guerlain LIDGE extreme and Versace Man eau frache
>>
>>11865441
Ambre precieux smells like an old woman
>>
have coped dior homme intense few days ago and this shit is cash
but i'm afraid of putting more than 2sprays for school, wat do
>>
File: 1457829940197.jpg (800KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457829940197.jpg
800KB, 1920x1080px
>>11843274
>Male
>20
>Scandinavia - Cold/clear weather
>Do a lot of outdooractivities (Hiking/fishing)
>Studying for a PsyD in clinical psychology
>6ft2, green/grey eyes, dirty blonde hair
>Looking for an allround perfume, price is not relevant. Previously been using terre d' hermes
>Easygoing, but have a bit of a temperament.
>>
>>11866431
Ah, I misread seven days ago (!). But I still disagree. I love recommending awesome frags matching specific criteria. It's the too general ones I have trouble with.
>>
>>11866840
>DHI
>school
Then put on one spray you fool. Or better yet, find a more appropriate frag to wear to school.
>>
>>11866849
Body Kouros
Chergui
Eau des 4 Voleurs
Fou d'Absinthe
Polo Crest
Polo Modern Reserve
>>
>>11866849
when would you see yourself wearing fragrance most often?
day to day?
night out?
>>
>>11843274
>Male/23/Canada, approaching a cold winter
>New to scents
>Looking for something for work (PR industry, business formal is the usual code), want to project confidence without smelling like a bro
>The first scent to catch my attention was Acqua di Geo, and I am partly ashamed of it
>Tried TF's Venetian Bergamot at Nordstrom recently and fell in love with it, but not in my price range (Ideally looking for something under $150
>Generally I like very fresh, bright scents, but not big on sporty ones
>I contrast by using Replica Jazz Club for evenings
>Feel free to tel me I am ass-backwards if you think I am.
>>
>>11867896
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
>>
Anyone here use Chanel Egoiste Platinum?

Would you recommend? How does it perform?
>>
>>11858686
Lol u missed the sale. I got mine for 80
>>
did tom ford's private label get reformulated? thinking about copping a bottle of TL and TV but i've been reading some recent reviews and a lot of people are complaining about how the scents aren't the same.
>>
>>11866374
Galimard Aventure, might be a bit hard to get a sample though
>>
Anyone know where I can get samples of the Guerlain exclusives in the UK? Few on ebay but I don't need 3ml and they're like 15 quid each.
>>
>>11867896
Acqua Di Parma Colonia
>>
I used to like the smell of juniper but after a few bas experiences with gin I can't stand it
>>
I work at a Ross and I think I see some decent stuff in there occasionally (Namely Versace fragrances). Pretty cheap too, about $20 a bottle after my employee discount. Anyone have any luck getting shit there?
>>
>>11866840
dior homme is not a fragance to wear to school dude, its to night-club of a scent

get something more fresh and subtle for school
>>
>>11868728
Not anywhere besides online sample stores and eBay (all really pricey). I'm in London and while the other fragrance houses are at least pliable and may allow sprays into vials at Harrods, the Guerlain store staffers are strict and will never give samples. Especially exclusive ranges.
>>
>>11868107
Boring, but very elegant. It could be fatigue due to the hesperidic notes, but I find longevity to be piss poor and I have to reapply every hour.
>>
>>11869363
l'eau d'issey pour homme is a good alternative I think
>>
What is that common base scent in most (if not all) of Creed fragrances?

I can identify musk, but not the rest. Is it ambergris and oakmoss?
>>
>>11843464
Tsar VC&A
>>
>>11850250
Read some reviews. It should be fine
>>
Anybody know of something like Burberry London but a little less sweet? Looking for that masculine smoky smell for winter
>>
>>11870170
Oriflame Architect
>>
>>11869335
Oh, damn. Was hoping there'd be somewhere I missed!
There are 3 I want to try but at that price it'd be ~£50 which is just insane.
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (50KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
50KB, 700x420px
opinions?
>>
File: bsldali.jpg (110KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
bsldali.jpg
110KB, 750x750px
>>11870653
also this one
>>
>>11843261
>>11870803
>>
>>11870653
CK one is one my favourite frags for warmer weather. A beautiful creamy citrus with a warm subtle drydown

CO Be smells like a public toilet. Absolutely horrendous throughout its entire drydown

Never heard of the other one
>>
>>11868511
scents are the same
at least in las vegas all the bottles ive smelled recently are the same as theyve been for the past two years or so
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.