[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get a good taste in /fa/shion ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 6CL1.jpg (79KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
6CL1.jpg
79KB, 500x518px
Help a retard out pls... I'm 19 years old male and I don't know what to buy. I will go to college soon (Germany) and I want to be more stylish
>>
>>11838009
The only places I look are Zara and H&M. (kys) This shit is too complex for me....
>>
>>11838009
1. Learn colour theory. Coordination is key
2. Shirts are smart, fan related t shirts are cool. Both look cool with jeans and hoodies
3. black converse are great and will go with almost everything
>>
>>19

KEK
>>
dont be a dumbass, this board isn't gonna spoon feed you. lurk more.
>>
>>11838054
>colour theory

PULLOVER HOODIES ONLY. Zip up hoodies is degenerate.
>>
just copy ur favorite celebrity
>>
I want to get into fashion but skinny jeans look so fucking gay and I can't get past it.
>>
File: w.jpg (42KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
42KB, 400x600px
>>11838201
there's nothing /fa/ about skinny jeans
>>
>>11838009
go out and watch what other alpha males are wearing
>>
>>11838201
t. fatfuck
>>
>>11838009
http://video.gq.com/series/project-upgrade-tom-ford-edition

just listen to what they're saying. you don't have to buy a suit or anything.

figure out what season you are. this will tell you what colors to wear. and what not to wear. ever put something on and think you look good, or get complimented, while thinking you look terrible in something else? often this is why.

buy pants and get them tailored to fit you perfectly.
buy shirts that fit perfectly, or have them tailored as well.
sweaters, sweatshirts. make sure they're not too tight. also make sure you're not swimming in them, unless you're going for an oversized look, which at this point you probably shouldn't be.

college is the perfect time to reinvent yourself and your look. decide who you want to be and dress the part. "stylish" is too general. there are many styles and many definitions of what's stylish. do you want to look mature, or youthful. do you want to look approachable, unapproachable, or invisible? do you want to dress casually and primarily for comfort, or do you want to look serious.
style is personal. copy fits you like until yours develops. in the mean time, try to identify why some looks work and why others don't. fit is 90% of the challenge. once you know what clothes that fit properly look and feel like, you'll be miles ahead of your peers and the general public at large.
>>
One thing that I learned from experience is to not buy everything at once, and to not buy everything from one place. Your tastes will change, and some companies just have shitty quality. Also, try to buy items that will compliment your wardrobe and skin type.
>>
Don't buy yet. Browse /fa/ a bunch. Go to the WAYWT threads, go to the techwear threads, go to the RICK threads, go to the slacker threads, go to the prep threads. Take in as much as you can. Then start forming an idea of what your fashion style should be. Then go to stores and start trying on stuff BUT NOT BUYING (I made a lot of mistakes early on buying things that i wanted to look good on me but didn't, which is why i warn you). Then once you're convinced this style is you, start buying simple pieces. Buy staples. Things that you can't see ever going out of your wardrobe. Don't spend too much, but don't cheap out either. Once you have built up your wardrobe, then you can start experimenting with other stuff.

Oh ya, THRIFT. But wait. Don't go and buy a bunch of ill-fitting shit. Wait until you've got your style figured out then visit thrift stores regularly (thats the only way to get good stuff).

That's lal the advice i can give you.
>>
>>11838201
Are you talking about skin-tight jeans or just skinny/slim jeans ?
>>
>>11839034
Don't look on this board for inspo, you'll look like every other faggot in those threads. Get insta, start following anyone fashion related you like, spend a fair amount of time each week for a while to just looking, what you like and don't. Whenever it feels natural throughout doing this, start choosing your own styles with what you've seen.

Buy whatever the fuck you want but always make sure it's not a dipshit purchase.
>>
>>11838009
Which City do you go to College.
>>
>>11839200
instagram is fashion cancer

this is shit advice
>>
>>11838009
if you have to ask you will never have good taste
>>
>>11839207
Hamburg
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.