[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 31 years old and a teacher for students aged 11-20 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: kracht.jpg (78KB, 419x558px) Image search: [Google]
kracht.jpg
78KB, 419x558px
I'm 31 years old and a teacher for students aged 11-20 years old. I teach English, French and philosophy (if that even matters) and was wondering what kind of style you'd recommend for me to wear in school.

In my country, teachers don't care too much about fashion and I've made a difference just by wearing a tie every day, which rarely anyone does apart from maybe one guy in each school that wears a suit everyday. I'd describe my style as simple and maybe a bit preppy, but I'd like to add something to it that makes it a bit more special. The look I'm going for is philosophy and literature nerd. I attached a picture of a Swiss author (Christian Kracht), who somehow has that style (google more pics if you want), but he's much older than me, so I guess it wouldn't work too well for me. Any ideas or inspo pics?

Tldr: How should a teacher dress in your opinion?
>>
Do you want to fuck your students?
>>
>>11832669
/lit/core, business casual, prepcore
If you were a professor, you could do a full suit, but since you seem to be more like a public-middle school teacher, I wouldn't recommend,especially around adolescents through young adults
>>
I don't want to fuck my students, I've never even been attracted to them.

Could you post some pics for the styles you mentioned?

As I mentioned, I teach students of different ages, but from my experience, even students aged 13-16 react better to the nerdy thing than to a wanna-be-young and cool teacher who tries to dress like them.
>>
File: IMG_7779.jpg (155KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7779.jpg
155KB, 960x960px
Turtleneck with blazer
>>
>>11832788
(only if youre attractive)
>>
>>11832669
Stick to shirt and tie. Improve by fit and quality alone.
>>
OP here.

I thought about the turtleneck, but I think it's hard to pull it off with a blazer. Maybe I could go all black with a turtleneck. I'm pretty fit, so I think I can pull off a turtleneck without looking fat or out of shape.

Sometimes I also wear a vest, but without a blazer. So just a shirt (always long sleeves of course and most of the time, I roll up the sleeves), the vest and a tie. Especially in winter, I've also tried cardigans with a tie or sweaters, but I think it's harder with a sweater. What do you think about those alternatives?
>>
File: p032vpp3.jpg (137KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
p032vpp3.jpg
137KB, 976x549px
This
>>
>>11832678

This, honestly.

Tell us something about the girls. Do you give them "special" assignments? Describe them in detail.
>>
My most well-dressed teacher just wore dress pants, a shirt and dress shoes everyday but he always picked really good quality items and interesting but still conservative colour/fabric combinations. He looked well put together but not too tryhard. I think wearing a tie and jacket may be a little too formal desu, especially since you're still young.
>>
>>11832669
I'm hoping you're getting that young pussy/cock
What else would you become a teacher
>>
Someone post some /lit/core please.
>>
I've had a chemistry and biology teacher who always wore dark suits and white shirts

he had this günther jauch vibe and seemed smart and eloquent; not like those bored or burned out slacker teachers

formal clothing represents ambition which is important for inspiration and respect
>>
fuck me daddy
>>
Don't go full suit, stick with prep shirt and tie
>>
Dress shirt and tie. Get funny weird ties like a rubber duck tie or things like that. Make sure it fits well and if you want to work on looking better in those narrow parameters pay attention to colors, what works what doesn't, and get brown/black derbys.

This is my opinion you could wear t shirts and be just as cool but my perfect.high school teacher in my mind wears the above
>>
>>11834088
>Get funny weird ties
Don't.
Wait until you're at least 50
>>
>>11834098
I mean he's a teacher you want him to be uptight? Idk I feel like it lets people get closer to their students but I could be making shit up
>>
Dress like this every day
>>
>>11832669
rick owens
>>
Don't listen to the autists in here telling you to wear silly ties. Kids will think you're a goober unless you're at least 50+.

>>11834162
This guy has the right idea as long as you're reasonably fit.
>>
>>11834248
you jest, but he's actually got enough versatile pieces that you could pull it off and be the coolest teacher ever

mohair mock neck
wool blazer
slim woven pants or maybe even astaires
island dunks or creepers
>>
I'd get a variety of fun and silly ties,perhaps 90's cartoons? this way the kids will find you funny and relatable.

I'd also consider fucking a few of your students if I were you.
>>
>>11834415
>I'd get a variety of fun and silly ties,perhaps 90's cartoons? this way the kids will find you funny and relatable.
dont even consider this shit op
>>
that sounds like a pretty neat job desu op, ive always wanted to teach humanities
also: wear tweed blazers with the elbow patches and such, glasses if your vision requires them, plain (mostly black) ties and pants that rise slightly above the ankles for that real movie lit nerd look
>>
>>11832669
trenchcoat and short pants - can't go wrong with that combo.
maybe try picking some big old metal framed glasses.
grow a little stubble and you will see the people giving you looks left and right.
>>
>>11832788
>China,Illinoiscore
>>
Honestly just copy all the J crew catalogue models and you're golden. You could definitely wear some New Balances (574,998, etc) thrown in there, they are classic enough to not be try-hard but they also are respected as a "cool sneaker"
>>
>>11835197
>>
>>11834162

Redaction: Wear a fucking tie with it if you're gonna v-neck.

That said, shoe game matters a lot. You'll need a lot of versatility in your shoes since your pants will akways be trousers, and you will almost always be expected to wear a collared shirt. You can get away with an athletic/prep polo fit too sometime.

Definitely go get all your shirts tailor fit to you though.
>>
>>11832669
what country? cute story
>>
What should I wear as a 20 year old math grad student? I spend my entire day as a teaching assistant for calculus, taking math courses, and studying alone in my office (basically a cubicle desu). Note: I do not ever actually have to give long formal lectures, just recitation where they ask questions once a week.
>>
>>11835416

Make math sexy again
>>
OP here. The country is Germany, but I've been teaching abroad for a couple of years.

I would never consider wearing weird ties with rubber duckies on them and such, I hope this was not a serious advice.

The pic with the guy in the pinkish sweater is actually more or less my style right now. The J Crew pic also looks interesting, I never thought about wearing sneakers to school even though I like wearing them during my free time. I also thought about getting a trenchcoat, but so far I've been wearing a green army parka with the shirts and ties to go for the 60s British mod look.
>>
>>11832678
>>11833796
>>11833814
>>11834006
Ah 4chan... I love you.

Honestly though, it would drive me crazy to work around prime teen ass all day. Wear something that emphasises your crotch bulge. Make them want to EARN those good grades!
>>
>>11835421
I am a skinny asian Asian nerd
>>
>>11835534

Then make it sexy faggot

dont just wear brown trousers and tennis shoes.
>>
>>11835113
Shut it, pony
>>
>>11835506
Not OP, but I used to tutor high school students and a few would give me "fuck me" looks when I had a full beard.

Fucking daddy issues up the wall.
>>
humanities and social sciences are the biggest meme

being a teacher is an even bigger meme

so why not top it off by wearing a tie
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 600x300px
Try to do a Ioan Gruffud in Forever. Watch a couple episodes, he always lookd pretty good. He used a tie, a vest, a suit or a big coat, and a scarf.
>>
>>11832669
http://66.media.tumblr.com/5b1423191d1a876ab6bb72f5a8bfdc3c/tumblr_nbhystiQMc1qf8r8uo6_500.gif

The nerdy teacher guy from the movie "The family" starring Robert de Niro
>>
>>11832669
>31 years old
>posts on 4chan asking for advice on how to dress
hahahahhahha
im 19 and already probably too old for this place you fucking old retard
i would KILL myself if i was in your shoes
hahahaha thanks for making my week
>>
File: 1616.png (403KB, 478x596px) Image search: [Google]
1616.png
403KB, 478x596px
>>11832669
This
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 820x820px)
image.jpg
73KB, 820x820px
>>11836019
>haha grown ups
>im still a kid but i fel to old :d
>>
>>11836035
Nothing fits decently, also too many stripes and the haircut of an 8 year old
>>
>>11836617
i think that was the point
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.