[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ running shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0319.jpg (32KB, 640x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0319.jpg
32KB, 640x257px
Looking for trainers for cardio but no way in hell im buying gross neon shoes i see runners and elemtry school autists in. Pic related to what i dont fucking want.
>>
Nike Roshe
>>
>>11831500
Do not run in fucking Roshes.
Get real running shoes and dgaf about being /fa/ when running. It's not worth fucking up your joints.
I run in Brooks Glycerin and like them a lot.
>>
>>11831325
ultra boosts all the way.
>>
>>11831325
I run in nike foamposites and i love them. I used to run in some etnies until i rolled my ankle real bad.
>>
>>11831325
Dude who the fuck cares what you're running trainers look like
You need to get a pair that actually fits your foot otherwise you're going to fuck something up. Although you're probably one of those fags that shows up to the gym runs a mile on the treadmill then walks like 2 minutes and gives up so it probably doesnt matter what you run in.
Also, you can get the type of shoe you posted in a non-neon color anyways
>>
you are a pleb if you don't get a pair of asics

how insecure do you have be be to care about how running shoes look
>>
>>11832084
if you know anything about running, then you know that ultra boosts are not the way to go
>>
>>11831325
I use brooks or asics. Just get a basic color you pussy.
>>
File: rs.jpg (26KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
rs.jpg
26KB, 350x262px
>>11832485
>>11832496
this

copped the Asics GEL - cumulus 18 recently, it's like running on a marshmallow.

Too bad I recently found out the best way to become a good runner is either running barefoot, or with vibram fivefingers, to strengthen your tendons. Supposedly that's what gives you the edge to achieve a wider stride. Hurts like hell though, could be in pain for two weeks easily after the first night of small sprints.
>>
Are there shoes that are good for running but also looks good with non sport ourfits?
>>
I wear the 18$ costco runners

They are extremely comfy
>>
>>11832577
>Too bad I recently found out the best way to become a good runner is either running barefoot, or with vibram fivefingers, to strengthen your tendons. Supposedly that's what gives you the edge to achieve a wider stride. Hurts like hell though, could be in pain for two weeks easily after the first night of small sprints.

I believe this to be true, but would advise not just jumping straight into barefoot-style running (either actual barefoot or with barefoot-shoes) because you can really, really fuck up your feet.

Need to do some exercises to pre-strengthen those tendons and shit for some time before.

At least, most people have to. Jumping straight into it either caused (or at least was the trigger for a preexisting case of) plantar fasciitis for me.

I recall there being a class action lawsuit against vibram because a whole bunch of normies that read that "oh barefoot running will make you run so much better!!!" on some clickbait health sites or whatever fucked up their feet after just going out and buying a pair of those gorillafeet five fingers.

Maybe some of you can jump straight into it, but likelihood is that the parts of your foot that need to be developed enough to be able to barefoot properly aren't, and you're going to have a bad fucking time.
>>
>>11833256
TL;DR

Do you research before thinking about doing any form of "barefoot" running.

It's better, but you need to know the whats and hows.
>>
nike runs
>>
just get autist running shoes in a not autistic colorway like all black or gray. seriously anything else sucks for running. don't get white runners' they'll look like shit quick.

u wanna go try them on and find a good fit. most of the runners i end up with are black with 3m or high vis yellow bits on them because that's just how running shoes are. sometimes they're good enough to put in an actual fit.

if you want the runners look and you're not gonna run, get ultraboosts or something.
>>
>>11832490
Bullshit. They're a great neutral response shoe and they're comfy af. Adidas shoes aren't meant for everyone, because they can give you shin splints, but so can Brooks, Mizuno, Saucony etc
>>
>>11833256
answering

you know you could be right, i think it's probably safer for people who've grown up walking or running barefoot.

This is my experience.

I put on a pair of flat trainers and went out for short runs, only about 100 yards or less, then back (for about 15 - 20 minutes) i tried putting pressure on my calves, ankles, etc. Achieved pretty quick gains.

Next day, you can't even fucking walk right, walk stiff as shit. Gotta do toe touches to loosen up the muscle now n then. This pain will not go away for a while. I'm on my second week with it, fading out now.

In short, this shit ain't for normies and unless your some poor Kenyan kid growing up barefoot running, results are gonna be difficult to achieve.
>>
>>11833778
Pretty much.

One barefoot company's youtube channel (I think vivo but can't remember) had a guy showing the required exercises that should be done for a few weeks before getting into barefoot running.

Wish I'd actually paid attention and not been impatient.
Took me a year to properly recover.
>>
>>11833778
>>11833258
Another danger is fracturing some of your metatarsals, but I think that only happens with people who are running hard 5 miles plus a day and think that starting to run barefoot is as easy as taking off their shoes.

Starting is going to make your calves sore as hell. Shifting your gait to a forefoot/midfoot strike causes your calves to do far more work than heel striking.

The inner ligaments of your feet will also need to be brought up to speed. Running shoes have been likened to plaster casts, which cause muscle atrophy after extended use. Things like silly walks, or just walking around barefoot on uneven terrain should help.

I reccomend getting minimalist shoes, as barefoot on asphalt needs it's own level of acclimation. Vebriams are ok, but a bit tight in places. Trail gloves look good but I've never tried them. Been treated well by my huraches.

Good luck and take it easy.

Source: 6 years of minimalist running, barefoot 5k's are pretty doable. Toot toot
>>
>>11833437
This. Just find a pair of brooks or asics running shoes in the least ugly color possible. I hate buying running shoes, because they're so ugly, but you will injure yourself if you don't wear proper shoes.
>>
>>11833778
it weird because all my life ive flicked between both, I live in a rural are so walking/running around barefoot is just way more convenient and ive noticed ive got a selection of gates
>>
>>11833837
thanks for the tips.

I'm actually training to be at a triathlete level. What I've noticed about running, real running, is that you don't TRULY start to run, till your body gets burnt out after 15-20 minutes into it, then I feel I can go on and on. But by that time, my shins are in volcano mode.

This is only a shoe thread though, I wanna expend on the subject of running and pro tier running clothes and equipment. Feels more like a /fit/ thread though.

>>38949618
>>
>>11834225
>>>/fit/38949618
>>
File: adidas-duramo-7-b33550-side.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
adidas-duramo-7-b33550-side.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
Adidas Duramo 7s look pretty good for a running shoe. They feel great too.
>>
looks good?

not a real running shoe

simple as that you basic fucks
>>
>>11834237
This, i use these and they look gr8
>>
>>11831325
the only right answer is the new balance 990
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.