[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 42

File: tumblr_nysg5ikFGj1swimy3o2_1280.jpg (902KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nysg5ikFGj1swimy3o2_1280.jpg
902KB, 1125x1500px
LAST THREAD >>11772048
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1472775882528.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1472775882528.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>
Urine going to be in so much trouble if you mention you know what.
>>
>>11815654
Fragrance is fashion /fa/ggot
>>
>>11815640
>>
Do i still use deodorant when i put on EDT?

Or is the EDT emough to handle a 8 hour work day?
>>
>>11815858

Use unscented deodorant.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_151302.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_151302.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>mfw
>>
>>11815858
You should be using the following:
unscented bath wash
unscented deodorant
unscented location
>>
>>11815871
>unscented location
India is a no go then i guess
>>
My Amouage FB so far:
Memoir
Jubilation
Epic
Interlude
Reflection
Fate

Which one to cop next? I prefer spicy to fresh, but I'm giving Sunshine another look. It smells like warm, flat Sprite but it gets better further into it.
>>
>>11815654
This is part of grooming and personal style.

Also, check global rule #3.
>>
>>11815867

how is amoustache?
>>
>copped Encre Noire because memes

Perfectly captures depressing fall and winter vibes. Definetly not a compliment getter. Despair in a bottle. Pretty cool though. Waiting for the real cold to set in before wearing it out in public.
>>
File: don't share frags.jpg (42KB, 476x656px) Image search: [Google]
don't share frags.jpg
42KB, 476x656px
tfw gave a work friend a decant of Guerlain Vetiver and smell it on him every day now
tfw can't wear Guerlain Vetiver for myself anymore
>>
>>11816378
Wouldn't have bought 100ml if I didn't love it
To me it's like le male's straight, less trashy and more refined cousin
The sandalwood and jasmine gives me this lovely smooth creamy floral note that I'm addicted to
Performance and projection are quite good, it's nowhere near as cloying as some other florals I have like le male or fahrenheit 32, probably best for a nice warm but not hot spring day or even nighttime during summer
>>
>>11816403
>Despair in a bottle
well, you've sold me, anon.
>>
>>11816403
You should try some rose ouds. Baroque, tragic romance like Beast brooding alone in his cursed castle.
>>
>>11815902
God damn fingers, I meant lotion
>>
>>11816403
Does it really have the heavy inky / metallic notes people talk about?

I rather not want to walk around smelling like ink and old coins.
>>
>>11816951
Dig up roots from damp soil and crush them between your fingers. Then smear them all over your face. That's the impression I get from EN.
>>
>>11816966
Hmm.. earth in a bottle, I dig it
>>
Just picked up midnight in paris. Man, this juice lives up to the hype.

If you like powdery scents like, bleu de chanel, with leather notes this is your jam.
>>
Picked up Dior Sauvage

Sweet and light enough with nothing too offending for all seasons. What doe /fa/ think of it?
>>
what does fa think about dior intense
>>
>>11817120
I really didn't like it. To me it smells too generic and sort of "macho" masculine which is something I generally dislike in frags. I would never call it offensive though, just boring.

I guess to most people it will smell nice and it is a good choice if you want something for all seasons that won't stand out yet won't offend anyone.
>>
>>11817174
dior homme intense? That shit is stellar

You absolutely can't go wrong with it and it can easily be a blind buy without any regret
>>
>>11816908
You just got me interested, what should I try
>>
>>11817239
noir de noir by tom ford is the quintessential rose-oud frag

I must say though all the rose oud fragrances remind me of old grandmas.
>>
>>11817255
I'll peep thanks, and shoudln't be a problem I have a grandma-esque lifestyle
>>
What is the difference between Bleu de Chanel EDT and EDP and which should I get?
>>
>>11817283
parfum is the stronger type of juice you can get
edp is second strongest
edt is the third strongest
edc is pretty much fucking water

Though it really depends on the fragrance. Sometimes the EDT is the same as EDP so you gotta look around.
>>
Thoughts on Jaguar for men? (Green bottle) I feel like its too strong and nauseating for me. But reviews are somewhat good, seems suited for older men though
>>
>>11816403
While I love it, I only wear it when it rains. The thing is, I live in Los Angeles, so maybe twice a year... If you like the backbone of EN and want something infinitely more wearable while remaining utterly true to the spirit of the fragrance, try EN Sport.
>>
File: Oh you.png (120KB, 255x350px) Image search: [Google]
Oh you.png
120KB, 255x350px
>>11816982
>>
>>11817239
It's a standard for attars. Any place that sells those cheap scented oils should have a rose-oud oil. Also Montale is famous for its ouds and has a bunch that feature the rose-oud accord:

Aoud Damascus
Black Aoud
Aoud Lime
Aoud Red Flowers
Royal Aoud
Attar
>>
>>11817292
I know that you retard, I'm asking for this specific fragrance how do they differ in terms of smell, longevity, etc
>>
>>11817120
I copped Sauvage this week as well, and have worn it three times so far. Ambroxan is one of my favorite fragrance molecules / notes, so I also enjoy Sauvage very much. I like the stealthy way that that ambroxan projects around the wearer while not having a strong character of its own. It really gives presence to otherwise lightweight compositions like Sauvage.

>>11817194
I don't see how you could call Sauvage generic; to me that means there are other fragrances that smell close to it. I don't think there's anything out there that does citrus-pepper-ambroxan. I agree that it can be grouped with other "big masculine" scents like Bleu or Bond Scent of Peace, even though these fragrances don't share very much in the way of composition, but every collection needs a few of those and Sauvage is a strong and novel entry.
>>
>>11816403
>>11817239
Someone mentioned Voleur de Roses in the past threads. I think that one is closer in tone to Encre Noire than most rose ouds. Dark and earthy patchouli with dusky rose and deep purple plum.
>>
File: Tobacco 2.jpg (81KB, 646x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Tobacco 2.jpg
81KB, 646x1032px
>€6
>compliments from everyone
>>
>>11818126
Newer Axe/Lynx products smell better than old ones, but I still wouldn't wear them as an adult. Their main strength is in their loudness and perceived economy. However, five cans of that €6 body spray will run out much quicker than a €30 bottle of Guerlain Vetiver. And you're much more likely to run into other guys smelling like that Lynx spray than the latter.
>>
>>11818126
Right on - Keep doing what you're doing. If that's what you're after and it's working for you then more power to you.
>>
>>11815858
depends on the frag but general an EDT will project for 2-3 hours on average and remain a skin scent for 6-8 hours
>>
>>11816188
I heard Reflection smells like Le Male

Is it still worth getting if I already own Le Male?>>11817283

EDT is more fresh and citrusy but doesn't last as long

EDP is more woodsy, incense, and sweeter, its performance is better also

EDP is the preferred one especially in the coming colder weather

>>11818126
wish we had this in the US to at least try out, wait is this Lex Ellis?
>>
>>11817904
Not the same anon but fucking relax mate. He misunderstood your question, there's no need for abuse you fungal rimjob
>>
>>11818613
Lynx is called Axe in the US.
>>
where to cop samples of chanel? lucky and tpc don't have it and they're my usual source.
>>
I just grabbed a few samples of Sycomore and I love it. Is there any way to get it for less than $200? Are there any similar scents?
>>
File: IMG_1475388873200.jpg (191KB, 930x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1475388873200.jpg
191KB, 930x549px
Is this worth buying? Heard a lot of people talking about its reformulation, low performances and so on… What are you thoughts on the latest batches this?
>>
File: SpiderManWarehouse.jpg (29KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderManWarehouse.jpg
29KB, 500x395px
>>11819040
>Are there any similar scents?
Well, as luck would have it...
>>11819067
>this
is as close as I've found. Sycomore is leaps and bounds more refined and wearable, but EN is satisfying in its own right and I own bottles of both.

And I don't think you'll see any Les Exclusifs on fragrancenet or any discount sites any time soon. They keep a pretty tight grip on distribution. The good news is you'll never have any doubt your bottle is legit, and if you buy it at a good store like Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdale's, you should get loaded up with samples.
>>
Two more unexpected full bottle buys today:

Frederic Malle - Portrait of a Lady
Spiced, dry woody rose with just a hint of oud. If Lumiere Noire pour Homme had me hesitating because of its transparency and meh performance, PoaL smacks me in the face with that rose. Unisex, but can lean feminine if you get a granny reference from rose. Also my most expensive fragrance per ml so far.

Juicy Couture - Dirty English
Blind buy, haven't even opened it yet. But it was cheap and I heard good things, so yeah.

Will report back after a good wearing.
>>
>>11819106
I'll get a sample of that, thanks. Maybe i just splurge on Sycomore next time I'm in the city. It really is great.
>>
>>11819142
Yep. It's a top 5 vetiver for me easy. Also check out Coromandel if you haven't.
>>
File: tomaszowl5.jpg (38KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
tomaszowl5.jpg
38KB, 500x336px
>>11819067
It smells like a church.
>>
Which are the top five best perfumes out of these ten? (Best as in: Scent 9 or 10/10, longitivity (min 8 hours) and sillage (min 1 meter after spraying an hour or 2)

A*Men Ultra Zest Thierry Mugler
ACQUA DI GIO Profumo Giorgio Armani
CH MEN PRIVE Carolina Herrera
ICON Alfred Dunhill
LUNA ROSA SPORT Prada
Noir Extreme Tom Ford
REVEAL MEN Calvin Klein
SAUVAGE Christian Dior
THE ONE FOR MEN Eau de Parfum Dolce&Gabbana
ULTRA MALE Jean Paul Gaultier

Also, recommend some rad fragrances that aren't watered down with best performance.
>>
what is /fa/s opinion on versace eros? really like it desu
>>
To all you fragrance fags.

Does it even work? do you compliments or not?
>>
Following up after an afternoon wearing.

Portrait of a Lady survived the shower as a skin scent (always a good thing). Box says 81% vol. (fragrance oils?). Excellent performance and definitely a one spray scent for special, formal occasions. 50ml will last a good long time.

I smelled three distinct phases to it.

First is spice and incense and patchouli. Bitter and dry like cooking herbs in a frypan. Very masculine.

Once that starts to tame down the rose starts to come up. Dry, dusty rose sweetened by a faint touch of fruit. I call this the churchy phase, because my grandma wears rose to church. Think of opening an old wooden chest of rose potpurri.

When the rose starts to fade I get more of the dry wood and the faint aroma of the fruit in it. The oud and patchouli is there from beginning to end, very well blended and out of the way except when they peek to tweek your nose with faint medicinal bitterness.

Price-wise, ridiculous tier and is a perfect example of the word 'luxury'. Lumiere Noire is a perfectly fine frag that does the same thing at a lower price point, only not as opulently.

This frag, regardless of your personal taste, has to be regarded as a work of art in the way it is composed and the story it tells. Portrait indeed.

Also, Dirty English is as cheap and synthetic as its price hints at. It's like a rejected The One prototype. To the back of the pile it goes.

Tomorrow I'm off to try Royal Mayfair and Emir to continue my rose/oud infatuation.
>>
>>11819701
81% alcohol most likely
>>
>>11819696
Those two questions are unrelated. By 'works' does it complete my wardrobe and make me feel good about myself-- I would not buy it if it didn't.

For compliments it depends on the frag. Aventus, London, GIT, Sauvage and Reflection got me good ones so far, and my gf loves Polo Black. That's less than a tenth of my total collection.

>>11819560
Obnoxiously sweet and strong with a harsh base. I prefer Le Male since it has the same vibe but is smoother overall.
>>
>>11819711
Thanks, to clarify I checked again and it's 83%. It's supposed to be parfum extrait concentration so I can't wrap my head around the proportions. Anyway it's pushing Interlude levels of throw and the sprayer is bukkake level cumspray so I'll have to be delicate with it.
>>
just gonna plug mood scent bar here

good website for niche stuff, the owner let me pick 10 samples with just one purchase too
>>
>>11817372
bump
>>
>>11820117
There are better scents to be copped at that price point. Pass on the jag
>>
>>11819067
Get a sample and decide for yourself, seriously. I think it smells good, but it's not something I'd really like my body to smell like, ya know?

Check out the sport version if you haven't either, it's got the same sort of vetiver as the original but made a lot more pleasing and wearable with citrus and floral accords.
>>
>>11820183
The thing is I alread own it (was given it by a parent). Whereas my sibling has ferarri red power which smells better imo.
>>
>>11820237
underage pls go
>>
fell in love with ysl l'homme intense a few months ago (not so much l'homme itself) after catching a random whiff in a magazine.

decided i'm going to figure out once and for all what i like and what i don't. starting mostly with designer until i have some focus. thanks for reading my blog.

and thanks to the person who posted http://www.basenotes.net/features/3278-the-top-ten-male-designer-fragrances-every-beginner-should-sample/view/1
awhile back as i'm largely using it as a guide to get started until my olfactory vocabulary is more developed.
>>
L'eau d'Issey vs CK One vs Dior Sauvage vs any other fragrance

Go
>>
im currently wearing cdg odeurs but the weather is starting to cool down. any weirder frag recs for fw?

>>11820721
issey all the way
>>
>>11820721
versace pour homme
mugler cologne
>>
File: mugler cologne 2002 perfume ad.jpg (41KB, 746x392px) Image search: [Google]
mugler cologne 2002 perfume ad.jpg
41KB, 746x392px
>>11820721
L'eau d'Issey is ok

also mugler cologne
>>
>>11820768
I have to buy in a store not online, and I can't find Versace in my region + i don't like Mugler's fragrances
>>11820764
Is it good for the fall + winter?

Btw i'm planning on buying one fragrance for fall+winter, and another one for spring+summer if it helps
>>
>put on midnight in paris for the first time before going out
>drank too much
>now always associate mip with being hungover
>>
>>11820923
That's rough seeing how MiP is a beautiful scent
>>
>>11820237
Recieving gifts from parents = underage?

Im sorry your parents never loved you anon.
>>
>>11820764
Disclaimer, I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, but 71 feels really warm to me and when I put on clothes that have anything incense lingering on them they come together as this really neat fall thing.
>>
>>11819696
>Does it even work? do you compliments or not?
What an odd leap of logic. Something "working" = getting compliments. As >>11819759 said, I wear clothing and fragrance because I like them. If I get a compliment on something, great, but it doesn't change how I feel about the thing. I'd imagine one would feel disappointed a lot of the time if they wore stuff for other people.

But to answer your question, I get compliments maybe a couple times a month on all different frags. I wear enough that you can smell me if you're in my personal space. I'd actually feel I wore too much if someone 10 feet away said, "I like your cologne."
>>
I'm poor.

Anybody ever try Aspen by Coty?

And is Old Spice cologne a step up from body spray or will I still smell like a teenager?

Anybody recommend an affordable decent cologne you can buy online?
>>
>>11815902
kek
>>
>>11821471
Old Spice will make you smell like a 20-something with no plans for the future
>>
Anybody use Bvulgari Black? Ever get any compliments or at least comments of some sort?

Might get a 2.5 oz once I'm out of CK1.
>>
>>11819802
With ~15% oil being classifiable as EdP anything above is likely to be called Extrait because of marketing. A Byredo store salesperson told me their "oil" collection is 20-30% as well.
>>
>>11821522
Yep. Think I've gotten one compliment on it, but I don't wear it all that much. I have two other bottles that get me in the same tea/leather/vanilla neighborhood: 360º Black fM and Midnight in Paris, and they're all great. BB features a lapsang souchong tea note that is reminiscent of rubber, and I find it fascinating. It's the driest of the three by far, but still sweetened with vanilla.

I wouldn't call this a crowd pleaser at all though. If you're looking for something to get compliments, keep looking. Try something like Bleu de Chanel or Aventus.
>>
>>11820764
Dusita Ouc Infini
do it fgt
>>
>>11821647
oud*
>>
>>11815583
is ck one any good? Its only 30 euro in my local boots
>>
>>11821855
It's alright.. nothing to write home about. In my opinion there are much better fragrances to snag around that price.
>>
>>11821647
>animalic
that shit makes me dizzy my dude
>>
>>11821983
>tfw you will never have amazing, revelatory sex with some qt who's in heat because you're wearing MKK
>>
Anyone here have experience with selling fragrances on ebay? I recently bought 8 full bottles of some niche stuff for pretty cheap compared to how much they sell for on ebay. I plan on keeping some, but I was wondering if it was worth it to sell them off in small atomizer vials or just sell the whole bottle at once.
>>
Alright guys, im looking for a sweet fragance for winter.
Last year I used pour homme and one million, but they're way too popular for me.
>>
>>11822040
One Million Prive
TM Pure Tonka
>>
>>11822040
feve delicieuse
tobacco vanille
>>
>>11822040
Parfums de Marly Habdan
Burberry London

Neither are super sweet but they're sweet in my opinion.
>>
>>11822040
animale animale
>>
>>11822067
Is Prive similar to the normal one?
>>
>>11819534
Bump
>>
>>11822040
Bleecker Street
>>
>>11815585
Question for you OP.
Why is there no Aqua di Giò by Giorgio Armani in that picture?
>>
File: 1309314523062.jpg (215KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1309314523062.jpg
215KB, 500x500px
totally new to smelling good

looking for something safe, sexy, and masculine, but relatively uncommon.

the idea of smelling like a bunch of other dudes is the reason i never really got into fragrances in the first place. recs?
>>
>>11815585
Wait, Burberry London is suppose to be spicy oriental. Get you shit right, retard.
>>
File: HideousMannequin.jpg (470KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HideousMannequin.jpg
470KB, 791x1024px
>>11822040
>Last year I used pour homme
Yeah, that's all played out. Ever try this great one called Eau de Toilette? The bomb, and not many people know about it yet.
>>
>>11822433
I wouldn't at all say that's close to your typical "sweet" frag my guy. It has a bit more tact that a general "sweet" it's more chypre in my opinion; like aventus' cousin.
>>
>>11821855
Pretty great crowd pleaser. I copped 200ml for $26. I'm sure you could find something along those prices. You can spray it 20 times and it won't be overpowering. There's a reason its one of the most popular frags since the 90s
The soft, clean cirtus opening is to die for imho
>>
>>11822874
For winter or summer? Describe where you live (weather wise) and what previous experience you've had with frags plus smells you like - e.g. do you like edible smells (chocolate, vanilla etc) or clean ones such as citrus and washing powder
>>
>>11822920
Ha de fucking ha anon. He clearly meant Versace Pour Homme, you fetid fucknugget
>>
I love in central London, where is the best place to go to try various fragrances? Anyone get any tips?

I'd rather try a bunch rather than go full rogue and buy from anon suggested lists blind - I know places like boots and house of fraser /selfridges have fragrance samples but they tend to just be a small handful of generic big name brands

Advice please?
>>
>>11821522
wtf

are you me?

i wear these two mostly, weather is getting colder, so it will be more BB than CK1, maybe a little D&G Pour Homme too

Midnight in Paris is a good suggestion too, however i find it too sweet and nauseating

maybe try Dior Fahrenheit
>>
i have a bottle of avignon and zagorsk to sell, how can I show people how much is left in a solid bottle :/
>>
>>11823493
Weigh it?
>>
>>11823469
Harrod's, family.
>>
i want some manly, something that reminds you of dad, with a bit of nature, for less than 50 euros. i dont know anything about fragrances.

recommendations?
>>
>>11823695
Work construction for a week without showering, spill beer all over yourself and smoke all day long.
>>
Portrait fag reporting in with a whole day wearing report. My bottle is dated 2011.

The frag lasts very long on my skin with a single spray but I still want to refresh midday and after work with half-sprays because I like the opening so much.

Opening is a semi-sweet boozy and oriental burst, incensey and slightly jammy at the same time, like Jubilation's goth cousin, all done up in eyeshadow and black lace.

Just when you think it's pleasantly subdued, the heart hits you with full on gothic rose, and the scent gets loud. It's the part I like the least because it reminds me of a rose-scented wooden rosary my grandma has. I get the same vibe as when she pulls it out in church. God I wish I didn't have that scent memory, because it's all taht's keeping me from admiring the frag from start ro finish.

The drydown has the rose pulling back in line with the spice, incense and fruit, reminding me of a lighter and masculinely blended rose/patch with a berry note to keep it moist and oud to hint at dirtyness. Love this part also, but I wish it projected more. It's like an aura of mystery that intrigues anyone who comes close.

It's sad because most people will immediately cry femme at the first sign of rose, because this is a wonderfully contructed scent that tells a story, engages the wearer, delights the imagination, and is a perfect example of what a niche frag should be.

On the other hand, I tried Royal Mayfair today and all I'm reminded of is the vague smell of vomit and sickness covered up by eucalyptus and florals at a hospital. Reflection does the aromatic white floral theme much much better at a significantly cheaper price.
>>
>>11820264

>>11821181
>>
>>11823695
Burberry London

>>11823493
No reliable way but to decant.

>>11822874
Sample, sample, and sample. Only way to find out your preferences. Start with the top designers (chanel, dior, hermes etc.) so you're sure to get a people pleasing scent without dipping under a certain price range (mont blanc, ferragamo, paco tier) where there is a greater pleb frag possibility.
>>
Is there a difference between fragrance and aftershave?
>>
>>11823957
>burberry london
thanks
>>
>>11824002
Concentration, longevity and purpose. Aftershaves have fragrance, but 'a' fragrance usually refers to an edt or edp.

Get aftershave if you need an fragrant antiseptic splash. Heavy on alcohol, hardly lasts.
>>
File: Antiheros-570x708.jpg (32KB, 570x708px) Image search: [Google]
Antiheros-570x708.jpg
32KB, 570x708px
>tfw a former regular op of this general
>tfw seeing these threads thrive without having to bump it from the back of the catalog every 8 hours or so
feels good

pic related what i'm wearing today btw. how about you guys?
>>
>>11823695
>nature
>dad
Polo Green
>>
File: want.png (648KB, 462x836px) Image search: [Google]
want.png
648KB, 462x836px
I would like a perfume that would merge well with either of these environments.

Yeah, I'm not fond of any sort of modern trends. They are all ephemeral and unsatisfying.
>>
>>11825011
This is a pretty elaborate way to ask what the fedora of fragrances is.
>>
>>11825047
perfume is kind of a way to smell the soul of somebody
>beauty= fedora
i dont want to smell like i go to minimalist techno raves in brutalist buildings, even if i would
>>
>>11825011
eau sauvage
>>
File: jeremy-brett.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jeremy-brett.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>11823360
>He clearly meant Versace Pour Homme
How did you deduce that one?
>>
>>11823695
this
>>11824876
and
Drakkar Noir
Guerlain Vetiver
Halston Z-14
Quorum
>>
Is semen a good fragrance?

I ask because I've spent the last 3 hours smelling my fingers that were in a vagina last night and I can't get enough of the smell. So I wondered if women feel similarly about the smell of semen? Like are there pheromones at play or something? Is cum essentially a musk?
>>
>>11825055
I tend to agree with your sentiment but your pretension runs contrary to the beauty you seek to pronounce.
>>
>>11825100
come on
>>
>>11825108
fuck you m8
>>
File: 1234.jpg (334KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
334KB, 1024x682px
>>11825114
>>
File: Whep.png (459KB, 1037x779px) Image search: [Google]
Whep.png
459KB, 1037x779px
Didn't see the reminder in the OPs, so:

---

If you want recs, provide as many criteria as possible: including sex, price range, seasons/weather, occasions, other frags/notes/accords you like/dislike, special conditions i.e. can easily be found in mall department stores, other ephemera i.e. personal style/aura you want to project, etc...

---

I love finding someone their perfect scent, but I've ignored a bunch of requests lately because I'm not going to play detective asking a ton of questions each time.
>>
File: New_seraphim.jpg (47KB, 580x325px) Image search: [Google]
New_seraphim.jpg
47KB, 580x325px
>>11825178

Male
Price doesn't matter
An eternal, mature scent
Location doesn't matter
Personal style/ Aura: Something omniscient, superhuman, wise while also being secret
see this for reference I suppose >>11825011 it's my post
>>
Anyone have any experience shopping with Scent Split? I really haven't had an outright BAD experience, but they are one of the most inconsistent shops out there. Anytime I buy anything, I'll end up getting one decant that just doesn't spray for shit. Like a CdG Black that literally just spits out some juice.
>>
>>11825011
Invasion barbare
>>
>>11817120

got my gf to blind smell it and she said it smelt like a gross old man

I personally get a really cold metallic smell from it which I don't like.
>>
>>11825645
IMO you should just save yourself some money and get 1725 by HdP
>>
>>11824567
Rocked versace pour homme for the day.
>>
>>11825011
This screams opulence to me so I'd go with:

Amouage - Jubilation XXV
Creed - Royal Oud
>>
File: aramis calligraphy rose.jpg (70KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
aramis calligraphy rose.jpg
70KB, 300x450px
What are some good rose, but not rose oud scents?
>>
>>11825989
Amouage Lyric Man
MFK Lumiere Noire
Le Labo Rose 31
>>
Wearing Fate Man today after a couple of weeks taking a break from it. Jeans and a polo shirt, rainy day outside.

It's fresher than what I expected in the opening with a vague, far away aromatic citrus, but the spices and the incense quickly overtake it.

The cumin never smells like curry or mexican food to me. Rather, the herbs and the vegetal vibe in the background reminds of of hot spicy soup (pureed mixed beans with spices). I wish the incense was stronger, but on the up side, it's an easier wear compared to Epic or Interlude.

Definitely not a people-pleaser. This is something you wear for yourself.
>>
File: Merkur11C-CU.jpg (33KB, 432x370px) Image search: [Google]
Merkur11C-CU.jpg
33KB, 432x370px
>>11825178
>ephemera
Think I used the wrong word here. I meant to indicate etherial or nebulous qualities. What's the word I'm looking for?
>>
got my bottle of odeur 53, looking forward to wearing it tomorrow
>>
File: Floris Honey Oud.jpg (88KB, 402x527px) Image search: [Google]
Floris Honey Oud.jpg
88KB, 402x527px
anyone else use pic related? I personally like it a lot, not overpowering but definitely noticeable.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 750x1089px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 750x1089px
>>11824567
Your contribution is very much appreciated, it's by far my favourite thread on this site; been here for a while now and still check twice a day.

Rocking pic related because it's starting to heat up in Sydney.
>>
>>11826238
Have you tried it before or blind buy? I think the Odeurs are really great once you get past all the poetic nonsense on Basenotes or wherever.
>>
How many bottles do you have in your collection?

At the moment I'm sitting at 24 (small compared to most) and I've got 4 on the way.
>>
File: today.jpg (313KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
today.jpg
313KB, 1500x1500px
>>11824567
>>
>>11823360
>clearly
How the fuck is that clear to you?

If I said I was wearing "Man" would you know which fragrance I was talking about?

Bvlgari Man? Versace Man? Any of the Amouage "Man" frags? The thousands of other frags with "Man" in the title just like the thousands with "pour homme"?
>>
>>11821522
Bvlgari Black is a really nice fragrance and goes for pretty cheap. But, it's really quite lacking in the performance area so you're not going to get noticed much. I own a small 30ml bottle, and rarely wear it. I've let my gf and her younger cousin (early 20's) smell it and they both think it smells amazing, but that's with me specifically asking their opinion, not with them organically noticing it.

I actually agree with other recommendations for MiP because it achieves a similar vibe but IMO is an overall better frag, is really unique, and for me personally it gets me fuckloads of compliments. That may be because it's one of those things where people smell it and it actually suits me really well with increases the compliment factor, i've found.
>>
>>11825096
>spent the last 3 hours smelling my fingers that were in a vagina last night
Wash your fucking hands you filthy heathen. Jesus
>>
>>11826418
>Bvlgari Black

Now I haven't put my nose on this so keep that in mind but going off of reviews only it sounds like a terrible scent. Rubber? How the hell does rubber smell pleasant?

Maybe it's not faint and recessed behind other notes but that alone just makes me want to avoid that shit like the plague.
>>
>>11819534
ADG Profumo
Noir Xtreme
Sauvage
The One EDP
I like these four the most on your list in terms of overall scent and performance, also add in Bleu De Chanel EDP

>>11819560
I like it and a lot of girls like it, I could see why frag heads don't like it for being sweet though

>>11819696
Absolutely yes, it works and I get compliments from the ladies

>>11819701
That's unfortunate, I really like Dirty English, then again I heard it got reformulated which is probably what you got

>>11821471
Tres Nuit by Armaf for around $25 smells real good

Club De Nuit Intense for Men by Armaf is around $30 and smells super good

>>11822874
just avoid Acqua Di Gio and you'll be fine in terms of smelling like other dudes, The One EDP and or Bleu De Chanel EDP might be good for you
>>11825011
Dunhill for Men 1934
>>
>>11826339
85 for now. Probably going to purge 25 or so bottles (some from early in my collecting days, others I just don't wear) and be more selective about future buys. Only one bottle incoming - 4oz Creed GIT tester.
>>
>>11821471
Poor? Well lets go down the list. Most if not all of these can be copped below $25

Animale Animale = boozy fall/winter scent
Tres Nuit - armaf = Green Irish Tweed clone
Club de nuit intense = Aventus clone
Tag Him - armaf = Bleu de chanel clone
Derby Clubhouse blanche - armaf = Silver Mountain Water clone
Just Me - paris hilton ( don't knock it's a solid ADG clone )
Voyage - Nautica
Set Sail st barts - tommy bahama = Virgin Island Water clone
Individuel - mont blanc = smells like dryer sheets (in a good way)
Midnight in Paris - van cleef & arpels = powdery leather scent
>>
>>11826516
What are you purging just out of curiosity? What have you outgrown?
>>
Any cologne recommendations that smell like apricot?
>>
>>11825096
Your recently-lost virginity is showing. Also wash your hands goddamn.

>>11826339
50 or so. I don't keep count. Now I'm keeping my purchases to absolute loves until I empty a few bottles (will take a while because nearly all of them are 3.4oz.

>>11826442
It's tea, but it has a rubberiness to it that people exaggerate, like kouros=piss or interlude=ash.

>>11826481
Not a fan of the citrus they used in it (same one in The One, which I also don't like too much). It smells so synthetic and so removed from actual citrus that it smells like the inside of a plastic fruit. Too many wafts of it literally makes me gag. Can't get any of the oud or any strong wood either (which is what intrigued me in the first place).

Today I almost killed my gf with 3 sprays of Sunshine Man. Stuff smells bright and crisp at the opening with the lavender, but it quickly becomes cloying like a flat 7up and melted vanilla float spilled all over your skin. One spray under the shirt would have been enough. Not worth the price either.

Love Emir as it has that fruity but skanky oud. It smells like damp, sweet wood and crushed bugs in the drydown (survived a shower too). I'm probably not getting it at full retail though. Maybe if I see a $100 3.4 tester or a 50ml split. The bottle design is useless and adds to the price.
>>
>>11821471
Aspen is a reasonable GIT imitation for dirt cheap. Armaf Tres Nuit is a much better imitation, but isn't really rock bottom in price either.

Look for the new Lynx/Axe scents like this one. >>11818126 They're marginally more expensive than regular body sprays but actually worthwhile for someone older than 15.
>>
>>11826842
La Yuqawam Tobacco Blaze pour Homme is fascinating.
>>
>>11826894
Ah damn. I appreciate the recommendation, but I greatly dislike oud. I still might check it out.

Thanks.
>>
>>11826543
I love about 2/3 of my collection, but it includes several CK fragrances that I've outgrown, as well as some cheap clones by Rasasi /Armaf / Reyane for which I now have the original perfume. Also some ill advised budget / blind designer purchases like Gentlemen Only and Prada Infusion.

I have a few under-used niche scents that I might try to find swaps for on Basenotes (Creed Royal Water, Millesime Imperial; a mostly untouched Mancera Cedrat Boise; various Bonds), but it's hard to build trade rep when you're new to the community. I figure I'll have to either trust someone established and send first or brush up on my rusty eBay selling skills.
>>
>>11823352
I'm not that anon, but what would be a good starting point for spring weather?
>>
What are some other houses like Lush, ELDO or Smell Bent? Namely budget niche that's crude yet compelling and totally takes the piss out of elite perfumery?
>>
>>11826983
Funny, I am an oud fan and I can barely detect it in TB. And the biggest, boldest note for me is this burnt tobacco that isn't even listed as a note on BN or FG. It contrasts nicely with the apricot though.
>>
>>11825645
thanks bud I ordered a 0.7ml sample
I don't care that much about the price, perfume bottles last me quite a while
>>
>>11826408
He grouped it in with one million. Doesnt take a genius to figure out he's talking about a very common designer brand with a frag called pour homme
If its not versace, what is it?
>>
What is the most normalfag fragrance?
>>
>>11827239
I'd say if you're looking for cheap solutions, you cant go wrong with armaf tres nuit (a GIT clone), ck one, or nautica voyage

Otherwise, go for aventus (or one of it's clones), sauvage, terre d'Hermès, or bleu de chanel

All of these are nice fresh smells. In my opinion, you dont want something cloying and heavy in spring/summer heat as it usually turns to shit and gasses everyone else out
>>
>>11829009
Just at Sephora there are at least 5 frags that are called "[House] pour Homme." And then a bunch more that have "pour Homme" in the name. But Versace is #1, so the smart money's on them.
>>
>>11827889
I'm inclined to say CBIHP then I realized Chris Brosius is such a narcissistic faggot that he takes the piss out of perumery so much he becomes more obnoxious than the shit he hates.

Shout out to CdG, D.S & Durga, Demeter, Imaginary Authors, and Xyrena
>>
>>11829109
cheap shit like old spice, axe and whatever
>>
I need a coffee fragrance familia that won't hurt the wallet.

At the moment I've got Rochas man, and while it's fantastic, I want something with more of a pure coffee or coffee/wood/boozy scent.
>>
>>11819067
Not a compliment getter by any means, and IME it really does not work in anything but shitty autumn weather, it's incredibly cloying when it's warmer. It's a dirty, wet scent, like a damp mossy forest, and there's indeed a hint of ink in the top. It's well made and I like it a lot, but it's not something everyone is going to appreciate or even tolerate... but if you like earthy notes and want to smell intriguing rather than pleasant, then it might work for you.

Performance wise, yeah it could be better. It's surprisingly short lasting for a scent that can be so overbearing. Considering the price, that's not really a problem for me though.
>>
>>11829124
My point exactly. Most people only know of versace's pour homme due to the multitude of online reviews about it
>>
>>11829564
Granted, but when you're talking about frags, it's nice to know what frag we're talking about without having to guess. Just as bad as referring to a particular frag by the house name only is referring to a frag as something as ubiquitous as "pour Homme."
>>
Suggestions based on my collection (I like all of them pretty well)? I've yet to find something for summer/spring that really works for me.

Burberry London
Diptyque Philosykos
Comme de Garcons Black
Rasai La Yuqawam Homme
Parfums de Marly Habdan
Atelier Orange Sanguine
Creed Aventus
Diptyque Eau de Lierre

Also some stuff I got when I was younger and not into this stuff (DKNY Men, L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme Summer, CK Be, Curve, Kenneth Cole Vintage Black)
>>
>>11829812
creed's virgin island water
>>
>>11829589
I definitely agree with that. It makes it easier for everyone

P.s. love me some versace pour homme. Beautiful casual wear scent
>>
>>11829493
I'm enjoying Mancera Aoud Café today. Its coffee note is light, like fresh ground beans. The rest of the composition is woody with just a hint of booze from the oud. I got lucky and copped my bottle for $59 on sale.
>>
Tried Midnight in Paris today. All I got was rubber. No citrus, no sweetness, just warm rubbery leather. What the hell was all the hype about -- the bottle?

I'd take Tuscan Leather and all its clones over it any day.
>>
File: 1458302283378.jpg (200KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1458302283378.jpg
200KB, 1080x1080px
I'm looking for some quality but affordable unscented hygiene products.

Anyone /frag/ frequenters have any recommendations?

>body wash
>various lotions
>deodorant
>hair product
>>
>>11830707
IDK I'd say it's more powdery than rubbery, but anyway I like it. Not the most exciting scent, but it's very pleasant to me. It's one of my go-to frags if I want something inoffensive, smooth and warm but not too cloying, like on a casual summer night.
>>
>>11829128
He's a brilliant nose but I concur, and it's pretty much based on how he marks up his fragrances. Based on his self-professed ethos he should do the opposite, especially based on the fact his scents are more scratch-and-sniff novelty than wearable.

btw Brosius is a perfumer for Demeter if you didn't know.
>>
>>11830094
it smells like fucking disinfectant though. granted I'd rather smell like it than allure sport, that shit's repulsive. Still need to try Blanche.
>>
>>11831030
Body wash: Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser or alternatively shower at night.

I like Lafse crystal deodorant, it pretty much just makes you not smell.

Hair product is too vague; do you use matte clay? pomade? gel? I primarily use brands like American Crew/Bedhead and the fragrance is fleeting at best.

don't give a shit about lotion desu, I've heard creme de la creme by Kiehls is nice.
>>
>>11831030
Been using picture related for a while now and I and thrilled with it. And for lotion I like CeraVe Renewing SA Lotion.
>>
What's a good scent for like a pretty/bad boy, any price. Looking for something unique and a little bit out there. I've heard a lot about vintage kuros and nassamatto Duro, what are some things in those realms? Something sexual but wearable. Thanks.
>>
>>11831424
I assume this will probably be a winter scent, around like 50s and raining. However if there is something that works for summer that would be great too.
>>
I don't care what you say, Escape by Calvin Klein is a great scent.
>>
I need a new fragrance for the winter time.
Im a 23y/o architecture student living germany and im looking for a night out/date scent.
Ive smelled both DG The One Edp and Valentino Uomo Intense and i just can't decide between the two.
>>
File: armani code profumo.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
armani code profumo.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
Anybody tried this or the original?
I really liked the original even if the performance wasn't great, which apparently this profumo version is supposed to have fixed. what do you think about this one as a night frag/compliment getter?
>>
>>11831030
>body wash
dove unscented soap. bodywashes are crazy expensive compared

>various lotions
paula's choice skin balancing or redness relief lines. this is where your saved money goes

>deodorant
mitchum unscented antiperspirant. I sweat quite a lot so a deodorant without aluminium doesn't cut it for me

>hair product
unfortunately pomades all seem to be scented, however most of them are light enough and short lived to not conflict with your perfume. I use daimon barber no. 1 (also pretty expensive, but nice)
>>
>>11831030
Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Body Wash
Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Like this anon said for deodorant:
>>11832167

I keep a short cut so my body wash doubles for my hair product.

>>11832063
Love the original. Maybe it was reformulated? I say this because mine will last an easy 6 hours.

>>11831828
Valentino Uomo Intense

>>11830707
Not sure where you're getting rubber. It's nothing but powder and leather. Glorious scent.
>>
Why do people like Versace pour homme so much? To me it's very plain, just a pleasant, fresh, citrus-y smell, wouldn't even describe it as sexy. Performance is OK at best. What's the deal?
>>
>>11832300
Fresh aquatic with a woodsy drydown. Pretty stellar.

I get about 5~6 hours of longevity before it becomes a skin scent
>>
>>11832300
It's cheap and women like it. That's all. I don't particularly enjoy VPH, but on the occasions where I have worn it I always get compliments from strangers. I've since replaced VPH with Sauvage as my 'popular with the ladies' frag, which also draws compliments but which I also happen to personally enjoy.
>>
I feel like there are three types of people when it comes to people wearing fragrances:

The one who enjoys fragrances for what they are and wears them for him/herself

The one who wears fragrances to garner compliments and/or to attract attention (chasing men/women, people pleaser, etc)

The one who enjoys fragrances because it's an art.
>>
>>11829952
Thanks, I'll check it out. Haven't tried that one yet.
>>
>>11832211
why do you prefer the valentino?
>>
>>11831030
water
most lotions
water
water
>>
How do you guys apply frags?
I usually do 6 sprays in total, 2 behind the ear on each side and 2 on my neck
>>
>>11832472
3 on the chest, one on each side of my neck
>>
>>11832300
I wore a spray of Aventus out once and a male friend told me he was "in cologne heaven" when I was talking to him and identified it as Versace (I assume VPH). It's just a good smelling, inoffensive fragrance. I figure most people who don't really care for it are people who are into fragrances beyond VPH/ADG/1 Million/etc.
>>
>>11832472
Personally I never go over 3 sprays, that's my max.

Usually it's one on the next and one on my wrists that I rub.
>>
>>11832472
I never really apply more than 2 sprays of anything. I don't really want people to smell me unless they're near me. And even then, I don't want it to be too strong in case the person near me doesn't like it. With 2 sprays, I can still enjoy it myself.
>>
>>11832483
>next
Neck. Fucking fingers I swear man.

>>11832489
True plus it's fairly easy to become nose blind to what you're wearing and if you aren't careful with the frag application you can easily choke people out.
>>
>>11832472
Three sprays. One on the chest, and one in each armpit.
>>
>>11832501
But that's just me. I'd rather have a subtle scent that people only know if they get close to me. Some people want people to notice them from a further distance. I'd rather someone have the opinion that I smell good than my cologne smells good, if that makes any sense.
>>
File: But I want to eat dis.gif (2MB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
But I want to eat dis.gif
2MB, 500x367px
>>11832472
2-5 sprays depending on frag/occasion, majority 3-4. 1-2 on chest, 1 on back of neck, one on forearm, rub other to share.
>>
>>11832472
one spray, upper chest. sometimes a dab on the wrist as well when it's something i'm really in the mood to smell on myself thoughout the day.

i wear it for myself and would feel rude pushing scents onto others. and i often feel offended when i'm in a restaurant or elevator and someone walks in and trails a cloud around them. just seems like bad manners.
>>
What fragrances scream of "SLP interests me"? Currently using Fahrenheit and Kouros and looking to expand my collection.

Going to pick up a few samples today, so far I have Xeryus Rouge, Sauvage and Encre Noire.
>>
>>11832594
All women at my workplace wear strong perfume, and lots of it. I can usually smell them from ~10 feet away, and this is in a space that is wide open with constant airflow from fans etc. I've upped my frag application a bit recently to compete, and I'm now getting nice comments from those fragrant ladies.

Be confident and don't worry about bothering others with your fragrance; females certainly don't.
>>
>>11832472
5-7 sprays.

Ignore fags that say less than 3. They don't know anything.
>>
>>11833491
Tuscan Leather
>>
>>11833694
Seems like exactly what I'm looking for, gonna order a sample thanks
>>
>>11829493

Try these:
A*Men Pure Coffee
Givenchy Play Intense

>>11830707
Was it the EDT or the EDP?
>>
>>11829493
Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee
Givenchy Play Intense
Montale Intense Cafe
Ted Lapidus Black Soul Imperial
Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Mokha
>>
>>11825989
Tauerville Rose Flash
Guerlain Nahema
Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady
Tom Ford Noir de Noir
Tom Ford Cafe Rose
Cartier Declaration d'Un Soir
Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin
Dsquared Potion Royal Black
L'Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Roses
>>
I didn't list any samples with my last luckyscent order so they gave me:
Xerjoff - Casamorati Fiero
Thameen - Carved Oud
Mazzolari - Alchemico

Anyone tried any of these? Just sniffing out of the bottle they're mostly inoffensive, except maybe the Mazzolari which is super green and coniferous.
>>
Are there sample kits of like a few dozen (or more) pure base scents for people learning to identify what they're smelling?
>>
anyone have a frag that would complete an all black outfit? something eerie and mysterious.
>>
>>11834443
Essential oils
>>
Gosha Rubchinskiy Eau de Toilette launches this week, can't wait to smell it
>>
File: 1472535868560.jpg (149KB, 1000x716px) Image search: [Google]
1472535868560.jpg
149KB, 1000x716px
>>11834710
Depends on what sort of look you're going for, all black is pretty vague and can be applied to various styles.

If you're going for the brooding/chill artist vibe (pic related is the closest thing to such a back-dominant fit I could find in my folders), then Encre Noire would fit you like a glove, eerie and mysterious describe it perfectly.
>>
>>11834961
I'm excited for it. I expect it to be a decent addition to my collection. I don't know why, but I'm expecting the performance to blow.
>>
>>11834981
i hate that it's exclusive to DSM, other retailers aren't getting it until January :/
>>
Purchased a sample of Frank (of Los Angeles) #3, which is a rebrand/rename of Costamor Tabacca. Nothing much to say other than I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>11834710
Salvador Dali pH
Ungaro III
Scent Intense
>>
File: 1475199824712.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475199824712.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
>>11834985
>>
>>11833628
Don't listen to this asshole. He's negatively impacting others for his own well being and that's down right shameful.

Also just because some fems bathe in their perfume doesn't mean you need to escalate. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>11833628
I think I would get a headache in your workplace
>>
Tried Chanel pour monsieur today.

Classic or no, I can't imagine someone under 78 wanting to smell that way.
>>
>>11835246
It's a massive warehouse where you don't cross paths with other workers except for maybe once or twice per hour. The work is physical and the climate is hot af. Smelling pleasant is a virtue in such an environment; the majority of dudes there smell like sweat and Right Guard deodorant.

>>11835191
Turn down the autism and the ad hominems, anon. This general is meant to be an oasis of friendly discussion in the barren desert of 2016 /fa/.
>>
>>11835278
>sweat and right guard

Are you implying this isn't manly af?
>>
>>11835297
It's fairly pleb compared to smooth dried-down Grey Vetiver over the same bit of man-sweat muskiness.
>>
>>11835278
>The work is physical and the climate is hot af
>>11833628
>I've upped my frag application
>>
>>11835430
Didn't you know you're supposed to be smelled before seen?
>>
>>11835275
Agreed, but oddly enough I really like Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée.
>>
>>11834710
Comme des Garcons Black
>>
File: 0341385001_1_100011.jpg (384KB, 920x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0341385001_1_100011.jpg
384KB, 920x1300px
Should I? It seems like it could feel really comfy.
>>
>>11832063
its nice, very very sweet tho so be careful if you dont like overly sweet fragances
>>
File: nd.734.jpg (38KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
nd.734.jpg
38KB, 300x340px
What are some other comfy scents, familias?

I just want to spoon myself on the couch when I wear l'homme
>>
File: 1389085514160.jpg (14KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1389085514160.jpg
14KB, 255x220px
>Wearing 6 Million right now, want to get rid of it because it was a present from my ex
>Go to smells store
>Can't find anything I like, bint employees have shit recommendations
>There are turks and niggers left and right spraying perfume everywhere

Right now I have some Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger on my forearm and I think it smells pleasant enough, I just don't know if I'm the right type to wear this. I think 6 Million fit me well but I'm also open to something more subtle.
>>
Shall I buy Terre D'Hermés or YSL La Nuit de L'homme?
>>
Tried Tom Ford Neroli Portofino yesterday. Made me fucking sick. Smelled like a baby's diaper. Can't believe people will spend $200 on that shit
>>
>>11837322
Like a diaper? Really? Talk about that comparison a bit more. I've never heard a citrus cologne described in that way.
>>
>>11837306
I prefer TdH, but I'm not you.
>>
>>11837322
>>11837467
lmao

My mother signed me up for birchbox and I got some citrus-scented body wash. I thought it smelled good, and me and my cousin likened it to "a day at the beach" and my father smelled it and said it smelled like baby diapers. I guess some odd years ago, certain scented baby diapers were presumably citrus scented.
>>
just a reminder than fragrance pairing has a lot to do with what you look like visually, age, race etc.

for instance, i had some kc black. i liked the scent, wore it a lot, and never seemed to get any compliments.

gave it to my latino friend, and right away he was getting compliments left and right.

likewise, my go-to fresh scent gets me compliments like crazy; the only reason i wear anything different is because i get bored of it. the next weekend he wore my fresh scent and he got zero comments on it.

point is, pair stuff to yourself and your own personality. a fragrance that works for me might not work for you, and something that works for you may not work for me.
>>
>>11834909
Found someone selling a set of like 65 oil samples for $75. But there are hundreds. Like what the fuck does pink peppercorn smell like? How does it differ from peppercorn. Why does no one sell a set of .5ml samples of like the 300 most used smells in perfumery.
>>
>>11815583
Long time lurker to frag generals, just wanted to ask how it's possible that kafkaesque isn't on the list of blogs yet. It should be the first, the primary blog.

Seriously, if you haven't yet, go look it up. It's how all reviews should be written. The first time I saw it I was so thrilled and I never looked back at the rest.
>>
>>11834710
This. Seconded.
>>11835566
Maybe Tuscan Leather (or its cheaper clone). Bois d'Encens is a favourite if mine but isn't so heavy or brooding, but definitely solemn.
>>
>>11837306
To me, TdH just smells like Goo Gone.
>>
I tried Cartier L'envol today hoping it would be an interesting new masculine based around honey and patchouli. What I got was a gag-inducing aquatic from the depths of hell, like, AdG with 1000% more calone and some piss mixed in.

I'm assuming the juice from the tester went sour? I smell literally no honey or patch and fragrantica seems to be reviewing a different scent. I'm fucking irate rn, it won't scrub off.
>>
File: 1458715633989.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1458715633989.png
129KB, 314x278px
Do people notice when I put my hand up pretending to scratch the side of my head and bury my nose in my wrist to smell what I'm wearing?
>>
File: 1473503222701.webm (3MB, 516x436px) Image search: [Google]
1473503222701.webm
3MB, 516x436px
>>11838505
Unless you do it way too often, in an awkward, forced manner or with a loud sniff, no. People don't pay too much of attention to others, because they feel it might make them come off as awkward and impolite themselves for staring.
>>
>>11836533
La Nuit, of course.

Tobacco Vanille
Spicebomb
Gingembre
>>
>>11838529
we need an agdq for autists
>>
File: GhostbustersdefeatingGozer.jpg (402KB, 1142x476px) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersdefeatingGozer.jpg
402KB, 1142x476px
>>11838529
>cCANT C-CROSS TH-HEE STREAMS
>>
>>11838505
I dunno but I do this often, must look strange
>>
>>11837306
2 completely different scents so you can own both. I like them both actually.
>>
>>11838484
>juice from the tester went sour?
this is what i thought the moment i opened a sample of egoiste. still not sure if i know what egoiste is supposed to smell like.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-10-07-20h42m50s847.png (625KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-10-07-20h42m50s847.png
625KB, 853x480px
>>11838505
>>11838529
>>11838581
>mfw I spray my forearm because hair
>oh, what time is it?
>watch on other wrist
>sniffff
>>
>>11838505
>>11838581
>>11838756
>discretely sniffing your elbow during a stretch
>affecting a tired / bored demeanor so as to excuse additional sniff-stretches
>>
>>11838047
Honestly my man, dont bother unless you're going into frag making yourself or enjoy burning essential oils.
Its too costly otherwise. I have 200+ essential oils and I never use them other than the occasional use of an oil burner. While oil samples are a good way to find out what a specific note smells like, trying to create your own frags or mimic others ends up costing a lot more than buying a full bottle of whatever it is

However, if you're into that by all means go ahead. No sarcasm here, I wish you the best of luck
>>
Is Sauvage worth a blind buy? A shop here has it at -20% but I have no idea what it smells like. Currently wearing 1 Million by Paco. I don't feel like blowing 60€ on a fragrance I might not like but I heard a lot of good things about it.
>>
>>11838064
I feel the opposite. Kafkaesque is so pretentious and wordy that I feel like the ratio of actual usable information vs text read is not worth my time.

I don't want to see a picture of what the fragrance made you feel. Goddamn, that's perfumista autism tier.
>>
>>11839339
It's a hit or miss. Seems to be a crowd pleaser though
>>
Any suggestions for a cologne for a 6'2 195 lbs /fit/ dude? Have a beard (not a shitty one), a 440 lb deadlift, and 18 inch neck. Wear dark levi 541's, sambas, and sweaters/flannels usually.

List of fragrances I already own:
>Acqua di Gio
>Versace Eau Fraiche
>Laura Biaggioti Roma Uomo
>True Religion
>Diesel Fuel for Life Denim edition (favorite one by far)
>Chrome
>Chrome Legend (tied with Chrome for second favorite, growing on me because of how mysterious it smells)
>Axe Apollo deodorant stick (sad that this one gets me the most compliments out of all)

Looking for designer fragrances, preferably on the cheaper side.
>>
>>11825178
Ok I'll bite
Female but pretty androgynous
Cheap or cheap-ish (possibly under 50€)
Cold season, looking for something comfy.
Don't like gourmands or stuff that's too sweet. I tend to prefer male frags. Favourite notes include pepper, rose, vetiver and woods, musk.
Some favourite frags are Shalimar, Versace the dreamer, CDG, terre d'Hermes
>>
>>11839933
GV
>>
can someone go to dover street market, say hi to gosha and tell me how the new frag is
>>
>>11839874
one million, le male or any other pleby crowd pleaser
>>
>>11840372
>Mfw I've tried both of those and don't like either at all kek
>>
>>11836533
New Haarlem
Bond NY Musk
Tom of Finland
TF Noir EDP
>>
Guys is it just my impression or is 90% of fragrantica's reviews just judging by bottle and price? Also every long-sold product is "nothing like the original" ever.

Anyway I'm after some cheap stuff you can actually get in the UK like Old Spice or Bay Rum. I use Boots' bay rum as an aftershave but it doesn't last long at all. I'll pick >>11818126
up if I see it.
>>
>>11841343
it's the frag hivemind. that's why you should never bother with fragrance reviewers unless your tastes align with the reviewer in question and they actually know how to write.
>>
>>11839933
Timbuktu ur welcome
>>
Tried Margiela's By the Fireplace. Wasn't expecting a borderline gourmand. And the sweetness is a bit too feminine for me. But I think I'll use up the sample this December. Will be a nice smell to be bundled up in on a few cold evenings, either at my friend's ski cabin or walking and looking at christmas lights, even going to the movies or at a small get together. I'll be a bit of a walking creme brulee, but if there's any time of year to be one, it's December.

Would buy a candle or two of this, but won't be buying a bottle. Closer to pulling the trigger on Jazz Club from the same house, but I'm addicted to sampling.
>>
>>11841343
>Guys is it just my impression or is 90% of fragrantica's reviews just judging by bottle and price?
I don't see it.
>>
So, how bad is high heat for fragrances really? Without going on a huge rant, my house is gonna be stuck in the mid-80s to low-90s for a while. Am I wrecking my fragrances or is heat ruining fragrances just a meme to get people to buy wine coolers and shit?
>>
>>11841343

I'm with >>11841655
If anything, Fragrantica reviews tend to hype up cheap / mediocre designer fragrances or clones. There is a good deal of memeing about reformulation and a good percentage of the user reviews are Amazon tier. But the voting system helps me to get an idea for fragrances' main notes and longevity, and some reviewers offer actual insight.

For the most part, Basenotes user reviews are more useful than those found on Fragrantica.
>>
>>11815583
What fragrance would work for me?
Been leaning towards Encree Noire Sport, but not sure.

>college freshman
>slim aryan manlet
>doug stanhope-tier humor
>Grown out HY haircut
>dress nicely, lotta milsurp incorporated into minimalist outfits
>want to have aesthetic of a modern vietnam veteran who desires nothing more than a long rest
>>
>>11841773
this takes the award for cringiest post ive read all day, congratulations

>want to have aesthetic of a modern vietnam veteran who desires nothing more than a long rest
>college freshman
>slim aryan manlet
>>
>>11841725
I prefer fragrantica for reading about lesser-known niches and vintages but that's the only exception. The Creed pages on that site are notable for having the largest concentration of illiterate guidos on the interwebs.
>>
>>11841773
do you go to UNT? are you in my TECM class?
>>
Tsar by VC&A smells like a nicer version of Brut
>>
>>11841696
Bad, but it varies.

Just find somewhere you can put them, like a cabinet, dresser, etc.
>>
>>11842049
Amouage Epic smells like a nicer version of Tsar
>>
Dior Homme Intense is my favorite fragrance but I find it's too intense for general daytime use. Is the regular EDT more suitable or is it still too heavy?
>>
>>11842285
Are you like... retarded?
>>
>>11842285
hahaha
>>
>>11815583
>>11843261
>>
Tried kiehls musk yesterday. Really disliked it, but it's nice the morning after when you have to touch your nose to your skin to smell it.

Musks remind me of an asshole I used to know, so they're hard for me to enjoy.
>>
>>11843278
>>11843262
nigga please
>>
>>11843284
I was typing when it was posted, sorry
>>
>>11816403

>Despair in a bottle

That would be Narciso Rodriguez for him. Some seriously depraved, post-apocalyptic and nihilistic vibes going on with that scent.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.