[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Being An Alcoholic /fa/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: Lipg.gif (999KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Lipg.gif
999KB, 500x270px
>still have great hair
>have a strong tolerance to alcohol
>skinny cuz most of my calories are from beer

is being a drunk effay?

>cuz i am on the fence.
>>
Alcohol won't make her love you again
>>
Na, try something like ketamine or amphetamine instead, no calories. When I think of an alcoholic it's a fat old man.
>>
i would say i'm full blown alcoholic.
have great hair, skinny, and face not swollen from the years of abuse.
the only problem is i don't know how to be myself while sober in social situations to a crippling degree.
i'm going to say no, not /fa/
>>
i would say I am a full blown drunk

but an alcoholic is someone who needs booze to function, right?

im just someone with a drinking problem

is that the same?
>>
>>11760241
4 months sober here. Alcohol will fuck your life up or at least prevent you from being the best iteration of yourself. Alcohol has only two real effects, make you dumber and take your money.

I say keep your money and buy clothes.
>>
>>11760244
no shit
why do you think I'm drinking
>>
>>11760244
fuck you anon
>>
I'm an alcoholic.

It caused me to drop out of my senior year in college last year. Now I'm back at it, still drinking.

Honesty, I wish I was still edge, my life was so much better back then, but I'm in too deep now, so I'm just keeping on it. It just sucks when alcoholism becomes part of who you are. It's like part of my personality. People know me as the drunk and it's like "haha look at anon he's drunk again it's funny when he drinks lol"
I kinda wish I was just a normal person again. It fits in with the sadboi musician/writer aesthetic but I'm getting tired of being the brooding artist epithet.
>>
>>11760297
they call me blacked "x"
ive been there brother
anytime i've drank more than 3 beers its happened
>>
>>11760297
just finish you pussy
>>
>>11760286
jumping from one addiction to another
>>
>>11760241

No, you're eventually just going to piss and shit yourself until you decide to end your worthless existence.
>>
All my friends think I love being drunk all the time but in reality it's just that I hate being sober any of the time
>>
File: nkisi.jpg (245KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nkisi.jpg
245KB, 1024x768px
>>11760286
if you want to look at it that way then yes. just as all hobbies are addictions. at least buying clothes won't give you hepatitis.

>>11760241
drinking is fun and helps some people write/paint/etc. better. it also helps others normalise in social situations. too much very quickly becomes unattractive.
substance abuse of any kind is damaging and in real people is hardly ever chic or appealing. when you're covered in your own vomit in the middle of the day you won't care if you look /fa/.
others suggested amphetamine, which is fine in moderation but not something you want to get addicted to.
id say smoke weed and take shrooms, and if you don't like the shitty western hippy kushkulture around those then drop it. alcohol isn't a very healthy or interesting drug, though, so itd be sad to get hooked on it.
>>
>>11760895
oops, top comment directed at
>>11760641
not
>>11760286
>>
>>11760282
alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence are two different disorders which fall under the same umbrella, sounds like u abuse it rather than depend on it
>>
>>11760244
God fucking dammit dude. Thats pretty effay though
>>
the effects of alcohol abuse later on are not effay. Red face, puffy, health issues
>>
i was the dude who would drink a shitload of alcohol while on stimulants and black out and hurt myself and others on accident. now i pretty much just abuse alcohol without the stimulants and i still black out frequently but they are less destructive black outs. i still feel like shit most days and the times where i havent drank in multiple days are when my body feels healthiest. i'd say two thirds of my friend community has drinking problems so the environment is not helpful either.
>>
Being a drunk is fun when you're in your early 20s. The older you get the more embarrassing you become.

being a pothead > being an alcoholic
>>
I love you all
>>
>>11760244
that's pretty effay tho
>>
>>11760317
Come this may I'll be done baby
>>
this is misguided teenagers, the thread.

enjoy your suffering OP.
>>
I used to think weed/alcohol dependent people were /fa/, mainly because of bukowski and some movies probably, but after getting to know people in these situations irl I see it's mainly a way for them to numb their shit self worth and anxiety, so it's just sad.

I'm also noticing myself from the outside when I'm at parties and the way everyone's babbling nonsense to each other when they're wasted is also kind of sad and empty. There's something about taking a substance to lower inhibitions that ruins the whole point of sharing intimate things with friends, makes it cheap and frivolous. Eh I dunno
>>
>>11760241
Lip's been such an annoying fuck these last 2 seasons
>>
skinny people cant handle their alcohol just saying i mean i can believe that it fucked your shit up but i also know that like half of you dont eat
>>
I am probably an alcoholic. I don't remember the last full day I went without alcohol, maybe like just 3-6 days sober for the past 5 years. I normally do at least a fifth of whiskey a day, often times more a day with a few beers added to the mix. I've drank at work, I drink and drive, I drink in the morning, I drink on the train, I drink at the bar, etc.

Despite all of this, i've managed to graduate college, get good jobs, and lead an active social and extra-curricular/volunteer life. I do a lot of things, my schedule is pretty packed. I drink desperately in the few moments between all of that. Been called out a few times for the smell, but mostly from my friends just looking out for me.
>>
I don't like the feeling of being drunk anymore - it's not as fun as it used to be. It used to give me energy and gregarious, now it just makes me feel sick and sleepy.
>>
>>11763260
How does it feel when you're sober or start to become sober? Or do you not let it ever get to that point to find out?
>>
>>11763260
Switch to vodka. Helps with the smell.
>>
I drank everyday in my last 2 years of high school before class because I was a cool fuckin dude and also because it shielded me from the boredom and depression that hits ever so hard in a cold, fluorescent lit room while your friends talk about the dumbest shit in the world. Then promptly flunked the fuck outta college doing the same. If you ain't already in the mess of alcoholism out of ignorance of your actions, don't dip your toes in that water. Regular alcohol use can turn to dependency in a flash. Being numb and happy is great until you're not. I know Bukowski is cool but alcohol abuse/dependency is shitty. Still drink, but I'm back in school after 2 years of working min wage to min wage job (Bukowski is so cool).

Don't be an alcoholic because you think it's effay, faggot.
>>
>>11760241
alcohol is bad for the skin
>>
>>11763260
be careful. my best friend was the same way and died of alcohol poisoning in his early thirties. his body started deteriorating in front of our eyes. none of us saw it coming.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.