[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hobnail boots.jpg (5KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
hobnail boots.jpg
5KB, 269x187px
Couldn't get an answer earlier so I'll try again. Okay I want to buy another pair of boots for mostly jeans. I already have a trusty pair of black chukkas and I don't want to buy chelsea boots but am looking for a mid-sixties style of boot like pic-related (I understand that these boots are much older). Any suggestions for brand/style. Atleast point in the right direction?
>>
>>11678575
Red Wing Heritage or Wolverine 1000 miles, both timeless leather boots that still have the save style they did in the 60s.
>>
>>11678606
thanks internet person, ill definitely take a look
>>
>>11678606
how do both run? true to size?
>>
>>11678677
different fag
definitely look for a local Red Wing retailer, anon
I'm usually a 10, I was a 9.5 with Danner and Oak Street Bootmakers, and with Red Wings I'm a 9....never would have guessed if I hadn't tried them on first, cuz I've never been a 9
>>
>>11678715
ah, i see. there's a brook brothers/nordstrom - they should carry them - around me. red wings are pricey though
>>
>>11678723
they're American made, built to last (that is, the sole can be replaced so that you can wear them for years), and comparable to other brands, it's the best bang for your buck
>>
>>11678723
If you take care of them, they can last 20 years on average.
>>
>>11678763
>>11678736
yeah, im sure. they look mad durable.
>>
>>11678815
that being said, wait for a sale
last year Danner did a fathers day sale and I was finally able to afford Mountain Lights
and I keep a followed eBay search for the boot brands I like....occasionally an auction starts at like 30 bucks and gets no attention, so I get a crazy good deal (got some vintage insulated Mountain Lights for 30 bucks last year)
>>
>>11678823
*vintage insulated Mountain Passes
>>
>>11678677
in general you size down one on leather boots
I usually wear size 9 but my 1000 miles are size 8
they should fit pretty tight at first because leather stretches and molds to your foot

expect to pay around 300-500 for a good boot
you can find used boots for cheap but if they're already super broken-in to someone else's foot they might never really fit you properly

- wolverine 1000 mile is a slimmer more fashion forward boot
- red wing iron ranger/heritage is the more rugged but still fashion boot of choice
- Whites Boots, Danner, and Chippewa are examples of some classic work boots
>>
If you're really concerned about price there's Chippewa
>>
File: boots.png (442KB, 688x274px) Image search: [Google]
boots.png
442KB, 688x274px
any idea where to cop boots like these with a thin sole. I have a pair of chips just need new ones, the 1000k and heritage are basically the same thin when it comes to the sole
>>
>>11679777
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>11679781
no i didnt mate

the chips are the same thickness to the 100k or heritage

im lookin for a thinner sole than all 3 of those
same style though

ie pic related
>>
>>11679799
look for a Dainite sole
or leather sole
>>
>>11678575
budget?
doc martins if you want something really cheap
>>
File: V0EzvoM.jpg (170KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
V0EzvoM.jpg
170KB, 1242x2208px
found some more pis of it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.