[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Washing/taking care of clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: care-labels-resized2.jpg (206KB, 1000x898px) Image search: [Google]
care-labels-resized2.jpg
206KB, 1000x898px
How do you wash/take care of your clothes?

Since I moved out recently I've had to start doing my own laundry. I'm fine with that, seeing as my parents managed to ruin most of my clothes whenever they washed them.

Right now, for pretty much everything I'll wash at 30°c (unless it's actually dirty/stained) and tumble dry on gentle heat to get rid of creases (so I don't have to iron). Is this fine? Am I ruining my clothes?

What's your routine like?
>>
I wash my clothes manually.
>>
Are you supposed to wash jeans ever? I heard that it makes the colour fade and shrink them
>>
Delicate washer setting followed by hang dry or flat dry
>>
>>11675225
Most jeans have elastane which will help them fit you again. I would at least soak jeans in light detergent every now and then.
>>
>>11674361
I can't read those runes so my mom does it.
>>
An new entry for the wiki?
Taking Care Of Your Clothing
>>
>>11674361
Hand wash
>>
>>11675225
Look at vintage pairs in vintage shops. See how much they've been washed and worn and are still going strong in most cases. People only say that now because the majority of modern denim is fucking shit.
>>
>>11674361
Work part time at a dry cleaner, so I get most of my shit done for free.
>>
File: 070.jpg (460KB, 1414x1920px) Image search: [Google]
070.jpg
460KB, 1414x1920px
Aging bible is a good reference
I defer all knowledge about clothing maintenance to The Laundress blog and the guys who write Lightning, cuz they're the experts
>>
>>11675313
is this that stupid raw denim meme shit

i thought we all had our laugh and moved on like 5 years ago
>>
File: 150.jpg (465KB, 1414x1920px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
465KB, 1414x1920px
>>11675321
Wut
There's a book that covers clothing maintenance
Someone asked about jeans earlier but the book covers everything it's like 250 pages
>>
>>11675352
that roll thing is from ikea
>>
How can I stop my clothes from smelling like shit after I wear it once?
Will putting a dryer sheet where I keep it help?
>>
>>11675352
You can use a soda can inside the brim and then rubberband it. Comes out better then using some roll of paper.

Also that 'roll thing' is a lint roller. Its available everywhere.

>>11676226
The problem is more than likely you. My guess is sweat. And your sweat probably stinks. Check your diet. Also you should be washing your clothes after one wear if you sweat through.

>>11675225
Raw denim will fade and shrink. Thats why the first wash is done after some time, and that creates the 'washed look that fits you'. Your wallet outline etc.

Pre washed denim will only do those things slightly. It still will happen but not as much. As they are pre washed. So you can bsaically wash these as much as you need to. Maybe once every week if you wear daily or something.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.