[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overalls/ Coveralls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: overalls.jpg (143KB, 750x1101px) Image search: [Google]
overalls.jpg
143KB, 750x1101px
What do yall think of this trend?

I haven't worn them since I was literally 5 years old, and I live in flyover country so I'd definitely get weird looks if I wore them in my town. I'm on the fence about it because while I can understand the appeal to a degree, it's also kinda... out there, and I honestly don't see it catching on outside fashion circles the way skinny jeans did. I also don't think these are even going to last more than a few seasonal rotations amongst fashion elites.

But who knows. What do you guys think? Thoughts/ opinions/ inspo?
>>
>>11548762
they already came and went for trend setters and early adopters (2013 seemed like the start)

there's a long tail though, as 90s retroism is still going full force with the mac demarco the new slacker demagogue to black athletes and insta-idols adopting kriss kross braids to pokemon fever to trump and clinton to pc fever and the anti-pc reaction. it's all in the air.

so wear them if you're feeling them now. you won't be alone, but they shouldn't reach the ubiquity they did the first time around. and enough people are still on the fence that you'll "look" like a trendsetter in flyover country.

opinions: wouldn't wear them myself. the shorts version are the more interesting play, but also the bigger risk. would stick with blue or black. white is difficult. if going more slacker, go with the traditional basic blue denim farmer style. would completely stay away from the garish TLC/cross colors overalls.
>>
>>11548999
great reply ty
>>
>>11548999
really? they were already in in 2013? i honestly hadn't seen anything written about them until the ss16 shows last year.

but yeah, i think the black shorts like in the OP pic are what i would cop if i copped anything. my area is weird, i'm in the farthest out suburb of my city so there's this cultural bleedover between city and rural, so i feel like if i wore the blue farmer style, i'd run the risk of actually looking like a farmer.
>>
File: in_stores_now_stay_on_trend.png (544KB, 617x493px) Image search: [Google]
in_stores_now_stay_on_trend.png
544KB, 617x493px
>>11550123
>they were already in 2013
http://thefashiontag.com/2013/06/26/denim-overalls-trend-2013-style/

like i said, it's had a long tail. generally shit hits the runway long after the trend setters have moved on. the industry sees the potential in a trend before it becomes a TREND then rushes to have clothes in the stores for purchase when the trend mainstreams. by the time clothes are in stores, you've seen celebs in magazines or people on instagram wearing them often enough that subconsciously you want them. you've thought about whether or not you can pull off the look. and now that purchase is just a click away, in your size, in the color you want. no need to dig through vintage stores or ebay. what a world, what a world.
>>
Yea they've been here for a while
I associate them with hipsters tho
>>
>>11548999
>>11550123
>>11550307
lmao

no need to be so analytical about a clothing garment

cool thing abt clothing is that ppl wear things in different ways

just get them... nobody gives that much of a shit abt your clothing so quit being insecure
>>
>>11550420
>lmao

>don't talk about fashion on the fashion board guys

>lmao
>>
>>11550420
i'm not being insecure i'm having a meta conversation about fashion.......on a board.....dedicated to discussions about fashion....

how are you this dumb?

>>11550307
that is really interesting how fashion works like that. you seem like you're on the ball with this stuff, what do you see becoming the next trend/ fad?
>>
i think they usually look kind of goofy on guys, but the shorts version are pretty poppin on girls
>>
>>11550759
>what do you see becoming the next trend/ fad?
if i knew, i'd be a billionaire. trend spotting/forecasting is a big business. it's not just spotting what people are starting to wear, it's knowing which of the thousand budding trends will catch on and go mainstream, which will be a minor hit, and which will fizzle almost as fast as it starts. it's deeper than specific things like "pins will be huge this year." it's also about the population's state of mind, what itch they're trying to scratch, what they want to express based on what they've lived through, what they're dealing with now, and what they hope for the future. optimism or pessimism, fear or confidence, joy or somber or resolute. every generation is feeling something right now. we're all looking for something we can't express. but we'll know it when we see it. whether or not that conforms to what the trend is depends on the individual. which is why i can't claim to know what's next. i'm not objective. i'm getting into western motifs and embroidery, and magically, i saw some of that from slp a season or two ago. did that influence me, or was it just something in the air. i don't know.
>>
try it why not
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.