[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >this is what /fa/ thinks is stylish lol k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: mom-jeans.png (161KB, 280x315px) Image search: [Google]
mom-jeans.png
161KB, 280x315px
>2016
>this is what /fa/ thinks is stylish

lol k
>>
>>11543473
yea
>>
File: 1450903343897.jpg (168KB, 629x679px) Image search: [Google]
1450903343897.jpg
168KB, 629x679px
>>11543473
It allows millennials to retreat into the uterine confines of vicarious childhoods spent in greenfield suburban neighborhoods, the decades slipping and melting past behind them as they pretend to rot in front of hulking cathode ray televisions or pretend to delve into buzzing refrigerators in search of sweating coke or pretend to smell the dusty sweetness of steamed carpets and family recipes at their best friend's house as they delve ever deeper into Nintendo games or pretend to ride colourful BMXs across clean planes of concrete in the harshness of endless afternoon suns.

They root themselves in the past because they are afraid to confront the future. Never do they realise that the past too is a temporary thing, like the wake of a ship: swirling and bubbling and full of life when it is recent, then blurring back into the baseline noise of the ocean when it has settled. They frolic in the wake, always keeping close to it so as not to be swept out into the still water, yet they never think to climb aboard the ship that creates the wake. It would be too much responsibility for them. They are too afraid to invest their identities in the creation of newness, and so they invest their identities in the celebration of the past that sulks at the edge of memory, hoping to find a relative newness in the amnesia.

It is a laziness of identity and individual purpose that is characteristic of this generation. So easily they ascribe themselves to fleeting movements and superficial labels in the hopes of overcoming the illusion of noise that immerses them, amplified as it is by the channels of social media, and yet never do they consider the notion that the best and most noble identity is founded and maintained away from the noise, in quiet and solitude.
>>
>>11544612

Dude...
>>
>>11544612
classic post
>>
File: 14235345346346.jpg (114KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
14235345346346.jpg
114KB, 450x338px
>>11543473
ur right these are GOAT fampai
>>
>>11544612
nah man thrifting is just cheap
>>
>>11544612

word
>>
>>11544612
So I guess you're Ed then right?
>>
>>11544612
great post Ed
>>
File: 1466985670436.gif (565KB, 302x200px) Image search: [Google]
1466985670436.gif
565KB, 302x200px
>>11544612
Fuck.
>>
File: 1452321058591.jpg (20KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
1452321058591.jpg
20KB, 591x422px
>>11544612
>>
>>11544612

what if if the reason I like retro fashion is because it provides more of an identity to go against contemporary fashion than to buy into the over saturation of media and mass marketed alternative fashion
>>
>>11544918

and your personality and your identity that is reflected in your choice of clothing is now a commodity to be purchased, you no longer have to make yourself stand out from the crowd when a company has already given the last 70 years of fashion, neatly wrapped up by focus groups and sweatshop workers
>>
>>11544933

why bother delving through the endless levels of irony and ego tripping that plague modern thinking, when I can look at the trends before my time and see what worked and didnt work through a fresh pair of eyes, the standards of aesthetics that deep down resonate through all of us as a collective are worth pursuing, not those that are decided by others
>>
>>11544612
you heard it here first folks, high waisted pants are nothing but a millennial coping mechanism.

there's absolutely no reason anyone would wear them besides being "afraid to confront the future"
>>
>>11544953

or im just some arrogant youf who thinks theyre a special snowflake by wearing old clothes
>>
they make my penis feel good
>>
>>11544918

He's not talking about the liking of retro fashion in and of itself, he's talking about a very specific type of person who consumes it in a very specific kind of way. Trends are set forth by the industry and tastemakers, then kids adopt it and peddle the fuck out of it, creating nothing of their own but simply wallowing in the satisfaction of being "just enough".

Movements are started as a response to things, and aesthetics arise that are rooted in and correspond to these ideas. Slowly but surely, it is cannibalized, with people copying people copying people copying the originals. Then the movement s watered down to a checklist of visual elements ONLY, losing whatever essence it originally had. No real substance, just some vague indicator of cultural (un)awareness. ("Haha! I "get" the joke!")

Also I don't know how much of fashion you actually observe but alot of contemporary fashion has been influenced by retro elements for a good few years now. What you think may be exclusive may not really be at all.
>>
>>11544953

But yeah I agree with you, I'm the same I'm into alot of vintage and thrifted stuff and my primary source of reference / inspiration is how people used to dress back in the day. I'm sick and tired of "minimalism" and all this bullshit, I want to be in the comfort of things that are tried and true and grounded with lasting power. I try to mix it up in clever ways though so I don't look like I'm trying to reenact the 70s.
>>
>>11545017
On that,

I dont think its a reenactment of the 70's right now. There are parts of the industry that are, and the mainstream is familiar with it and is taking it all the way for comfort. My observation though, is that the 1970's pulled some influence from the ostentatious nature of the Baroque period. I think right now major houses are fully exploring the baroque and taking what they learned in the 70's to create something fairly bold but inventive.
>>
>>11544612
Words and more empty, redundant words.
>muh millenials
Just a reminder that everyone from age 16 to 36 is a millenial.
>>
>>11544612
houellebecq posting on /fa/

roh la-la la la
>>
>>11544612
nice stuff (if you wrote it) but you gotta work on your run-on sentances
>>
File: 1449468332484.jpg (40KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449468332484.jpg
40KB, 500x342px
>>11544612
Nah its more like people emulating post-punk style, so they need higher waisted pants and jeans to achieve the look by tucking in tees and shirts. You're reading way too much into it and are projecting a shit load in your post.
>>
>>11543473
This is pretty stylish. 2016 is the year of 80s and 90s fits.
>>
>>11544612
tl;dr, get a life lmao
>>
>>11544694
How do these even exist
>>
idk man theres this girl i know that pulls high waist jeans really nice, her ass just looks x10 better

u just picked an 80s mombod
>>
Because that's what's cheap and abundant at thrift stores
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.