[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 43

File: 1430711820340.jpg (63KB, 548x658px) Image search: [Google]
1430711820340.jpg
63KB, 548x658px
LAST THREAD >>11513726
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: frag.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frag.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
Frag caddy reco?
>>
>>11543263
Are you speaking Romanian or something? Can you run that by me in English?
>>
>>11543271
FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO
FRAG CADDY RECO
>>
Ok. Tried the 4 AbbottNYC fragrances. I'm not going to go into great detail. I liked everything but Mojave. All four is just really cologney, standard , and safe. Nothing special at all. I'll probably pick up a bottle of The Cape because I'm looking for a nice safe every day type of scent and this just did it for me. Good alternative in a sea of Bleu de Chanel.
>>
>>11543394
what didn't you like about Mojave?
>>
i have and love la nuit, chanel bleu, d&g pour homme and light blue

please tell me where to go next
>>
>>11543417
Depends on what you're looking for. Winter fragrance? Summer fragrance? You wanna get into niche?
>>
>>11543138
>>11543417

been using la nuit for a couple of years now and thinking about finding something new

la nuit is probably the spiciest i can pull off, rather have something that has a sweet spicyness to it

any recs?
>>
>>11543437
I think la nuit is pretty damn sweet. I've had people say that I smell like cotton candy
>>
>>11543453

yeah i'm looking for something similar desu
just gotten sick of it after using it for two years
>>
>>11543437
Diptyque Eau Duelle reminds me of La Nuit, but if La Nuit had a vanilla base instead of its vetiver/caraway one
>>
>>11543271
Fragrance caddy recommendation
>>
>>11543436
well for what i know pour homme and la nuit are winter and bleu and light blue are summer

they all get me a lot of compliments but for what i get they're all pleb tier

i can afford better now so, what are some sweet subtle fragances on the top tier?
>>
>>11543263
I have a great solution to organizing my samples, but what do you envision a "fragrance caddy" to be? I think you mean a "cabinet...?"
>>
Thoughts on Armaf Club de Nuit Intense? Is the hype real, is it really a Aventus killer?
>>
please please please someone help me find a cologne with a scent as close to this pomade as possible

it's an arabian sandalwood or some shit like that, it's fuckin delicious
>>
>>11544627
>Sandalwood and Vetiver scent
according to the store
>>
File: byredo-bibliotheque-candle.jpg (55KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
byredo-bibliotheque-candle.jpg
55KB, 1000x1000px
What are some good wood or tobacco-scented candles that cost less than $50?

pic kinda related - too pricy htough
>>
Any thoughts on L'Homme Yves Saint Laurent Parfum Intense?
>>
have y'all tried CB room with a view? considering blind buying
>>
GUERLAIN VETIVER OR HOMME LEAU BOISEE

QUICK
>>
>>11544820
guerlain
>>
>>11544830
theyre both guerlain you retard
>>
>>11544833
vetiver
don't you sass me
>>
>>11544840
ty senpai
>>
>>11544271
no its shit and smells like lemon pledge and cedar
>>
Every fragance gives me a headache, except when cute guys cuddle with me and they smell of Aqua di Gio or any other mall-tier fragance.

I prefer neutral scents and until now the only thing I use to add spice to my scent is rubbing Nag Champa on my clothes.

Is the Play-Doh fragance autistic?
>>
>>11544850
>butt hurt he paid 20x more for the real thing when he could have spent 20 bucks for an exact clone
>>
File: o.27340.jpg (88KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
o.27340.jpg
88KB, 400x300px
Just ordered a bottle of pic related after smelling the EDP. Would have bought a bottle of the EDP but couldn't find it anywhere. Anybody have experience with both? Do they differ only in performance or does the smell vary somewhat?
>>
Why does Colin Maillard suck so much? As far as fragrance reviewers go, he writes the least autistic but is somehow the most annoying. He's like if a washed-up, bitter Brent Dicrescenzo decided to write about perfumes. I'd honestly rather read some jock tweet-review about spicebomb.
>>
>>11544997
>Would have bought a bottle of the EDP but couldn't find it anywhere.
found several on Amazon for $18 and posted the link here. Funny thing is the price started going up for the next week or so. They pop up on Amazon from time to time, saw another box at some Koreaboo website.
>>
Imaginary Authors makes some good shit, but the price they charge is pretty criminal. I heard apparently they raised their price and made their bottles smaller at the same time, than paid a bunch of youtubers to shill their product. Pretty grimey.
>>
>>11545224
Sadly no EDP listed on the Canuckistan version of Amazon.
>>
>>11545224
>>11545263
I should add: none listed for a decent price, that is.
>>
>>11545263
Can't find any good prices on US Amazon, but they do pop up.
>>
>>11544820
I have both. Absolutely Guerlain Vetiver. Buy two bottles.
>>
>>11544874
I have both and the Armaf is in no way even close to Aventus. I'm not against clones when they're done well - La Yuqawam is as good as Tuscan Leather - but CDNI is no LY.
>>
>>11543133
Looking for a fragrance, going to try to apply the proper terms as I'm unfamiliar with specific scents
>18, male, short and severe babyface without stubble
>trying to downplay youthful appearance; overall lessen perception of being "boyish"
>live in NJ, temperate environment
>going off to college in September
>want a f/w masculine cologne to help further compensate
Was thinking towards woody scents, but my concern is picking a fragrance that is blatantly out of place on someone such as myself. Compensating without proper subtlety easily becomes overtly obvious, which I wish to avoid. I don't wanna put people off.

I have used Armani Code and Curve in the past, disliked Curve, but Armani Code seemed pretty fair as a general use, "fresh" smelling cologne.

Considerations currently are Burberry London and Hermes Terre D'Hermes
>>
File: gv.png (174KB, 492x656px) Image search: [Google]
gv.png
174KB, 492x656px
>>11545496
GV will make a man out of you, lad.
>>
>>11544874
>butthurt he cant afford aventus and has to convince himself cdni is as good
its ok poorboi im sure you'll find a good split someday
>>
>>11545496
Joop!
>>
>>11543133
which is the best fragrance for picking up qts in a club, fuck hard and never call again
>>
>>11543437
Believe it or not, CK intense euphoria is pretty great for a spicy sweet frag
>>
>>11545888
One Million because the girls that do that sort of thing have done it before and recognise that scent. Chances are they have gone home with someone who wore it; and probably will again.
>>
>>11544871
>rubbing Nag Champa on my clothes
>tfw tried shitloads of nag champa perfumes and none of them smell like the incense
>>
>>11543271
How the fuck does that sound like Romanian?
t. actual romanian
>>
>>11546311
I dunno, say something in Romanian for us so we can compare
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>11545505
No
>>11545496
Do you want to seem like this guy? Then wear "masculine older men" frags like GV and Caron Yatagan whilst tipping your hat for m'ladies

Or, just get something from the last 15 years and not too expensive, like everyone else under 25. Unforgivable by Sean John might be a good choice
>>
What do you think?
>>
Bvlgari Man in Black, any opinions?
>>
Do women really like the way Aventus smells? I finally sampled it, and it smells "nice" to me, but I don't see how it is an attractive scent. Does anybody here have real-world experience with getting compliments from aventus? I just don't see it happening.
>>
>>11545496
Dude, you need to just play with the cards you've been dealt. Don't try and be something you're not; especially don't try to "appear" older by spraying on Eau Sauvage or Guerlain Vetiver. People will just think you're wearing your dad's aftershave. You're 18 years old ffs. Just wear Spicebomb or something
>>
i'm 22 male and going to work welding for a living. i want something that is light but lasts all day easily. Something that says i live in a nice meadow but in a good way
>>
>>11547184
also i aspire to be cute, i don't know if that matters
>>
>>11547184
>>11547188
Try some Heeley fragrances. Fits your description perfectly.
>>
The only fragrance that actually lasts on my skin is stuff made by Montale. WTF. Nothing from tom ford projects on my skin, armani code profumo turns to a skin scent in like 2 hours, Creed Aventus can't even smell it after 2 hours either. I ask people around me if they can smell me and they always say no unless I'm wearing Montale. What gives?
>>
>>11547910
Your skin chemistry is fucked up. Just keep trying things from different brands and see what works.
>>
>>11546318
>>11547109
This is the response I half expected. Any recommendations that are appropriate for college age but are more on the masculine end of the spectrum? I dress with a milsurp /mild americana sorta style since I am of an agricultural background, so something young but not too young, masculine but not too the point where I am remniscent of a korean war draftee. Something more unique than more standard mall tier brands, but not more than say, 100 a bottle.
>>
>>11548018
Get to eBay, buy a bottle of Marc Jacobs Bang.

>but it's department store-tier!

It was too good for the department stores, which is why it got discontinued in a hurry. It keeps its comfy, contemporary drydown awake with black pepper. It's manly but not elderly, and the pepper makes it seem familiar without being the old 'wear what her father wore' trick when you're trying to get along with the ladies.
>>
>>11547942
I've tried a bunch. I think I'm just going to stick with Montale

Anyone got a recommendation for the Autumn season with Montale ?
>>
>>11548188
Marc Jacobs Bang would probably be overkill for college, its super peppery.

>>11545496
>>11548018

I would recommend:
L'homme by YSL
Dior Sauvage
Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
Club De Nuit Intense Man by Armaf
The One EDP by Dolce and Gabanna
^These are all extremely masculine without being over the top
>>
>>11548018
For what it's worth, I don't even think GV is "old" or mature smelling at all. It's just a great woody, earthy, soapy EDT that doesn't shout frat boy like many of your peers' fragrances will.
>>
>>11548018
Lalique Encre Noire Sport, but not the original. Also mall-tier to you means designer, and many designer do the same thing as niche for a fraction of the price.
>>
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that if you don't want to buy a full bottle of a niche fragrance, hop on a split over at https://www.reddit.com/r/fragsplits/

The splitters there do multiple of high end fragrances.
>>
>>11549269
>splits with strangers over the internet
Why would anyone do this?
>>
File: back.png (510KB, 770x789px) Image search: [Google]
back.png
510KB, 770x789px
>>11549269
>>
never clicked on a fragrance thread before so I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but does anybody have experience with CDG Wonderwood?
>>
anyone know where in nyc i can get free sample bottles of frags? i'm looking at cdg play green and tom ford's neroli portofino but i don't wanna get the full bottle if they don't work, you know?
>>
File: etro.jpg (242KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
etro.jpg
242KB, 600x649px
Any anons have personal experience with Etro Vetiver? How does it compare to other vetiver fragrances?
>>
File: oldschoolcool.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
oldschoolcool.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>11548606
>that doesn't shout frat boy
A gentleman and escolar. I myself am wearing Royall Bay Rhum today, those around me (chiefly my mother) consider it my signature scent.

I eschew such modern fragrances as might be based on mall brands. Panty dropper? More like date rapist! I always hold the door for m'ladies and shower them with kindness; so far they have only repaid me with the friend zone but I know it is only a matter of time before a fair maiden sees why I am not like some trashy 'club kid' who wears Paco Rabanne and Creed vulgarities.
>>
Anyone here tried pic related before, or any of the original Eau Sauvages for that matter? I really like what I've read about it, but most recommend it for older men...
>>
>>11550199
Easiest: Sephora, although at least in LA, some stores have more higher end stuff than others. Also any high end dept store: Saks, Barneys, Niemans etc., but you have to be able to schmooze the sales rep a little.
>>
>>11550225
It's rootier and "damper" than most. Not bright or fresh. I love it, but I really love vetiver.
>>
>>11550509
The original ES smells like a really nice lemon Pledge. Pleasant but boring imo, and poor longevity. I respect it as the landmark frag it is however. ESP is very different and the only one I own. Incredible what you can do with three notes. It is an amazing scent, but I suppose it has a certain gravitas that skews more mature, not old, but someone with experience. Highly recommend sampling.
>>
File: 10150424.jpg (28KB, 504x548px) Image search: [Google]
10150424.jpg
28KB, 504x548px
>>11543133
I bought this and John Varvatos "Vintage". The Dreamer has a bit of a bad start because when I initially apply it the initial strength of the smell is a bit bad but when it weakens out it has a very rough sweet scent that I just can't get over its so good. John Varvato's Vintage has a nice manly initial scent and when it begins to wear out it smells of leather and tobacco. Two very good scents. I recommend "The Dreamer" for a summer fit and "Vintage" with menswear..
>>
>>11550168
Yeah I love it, it's great. Very smooth, hint of sweetness but only a tad, and it's a very natural kind of woody sweetness instead of a refined sugar sweetness. Floats around you wonderfully - amazing spring scent.
>>
Just ordered some Tobacco Vanille and Noir Extreme samples.

I love NE; never tried TV. Hoping it lives up to the hype.
>>
>>11551679
Tobacco Vanille smells horrid. Like old grandmother. Never understood the hype. TF Noir de Noir , oud wood, and Tuscan Leather are much better.
>>
Think I might just blind buy Dior Sauvage. It's highly praised by all youtube reviewers, known as a huge female compliment getter, and also people have a bunch of stories getting complimented on it. How popular is the stuff now though. I feel like every guy is probably using this juice now.
>>
>>11551687
>never understood the hype
I've actually never smelled tobacco vanille, but usually when someone says this about a very well respected frag, it's because they smelled it on a card or they sprayed and scrubbed.

It's very important to judge a frag only after at least one full day wearing, preferably several. It should be sprayed at the strength you usually wear a frag, never dabbed, and never ever on clothes or paper or whatever.

What you're doing is the frag equivalent of judging a recipe after subbing out a few ingredients and skipping the complicated steps.
>>
>>11550084
Well most people don't have the money to spend over $200 for a niche bottle and there aren't a lot of boutique shops that allows customers to sample. Having said that, that subreddit only have a few splitters (5) who are approved, not random splitters. Bottles and receipts are provided.

>>11550085
I'm just trying to spread the word since I notice a few guys here have questions regarding some niche fragrances that are hard to come by. Splits are a great way to sample them first instead of just "pulling the trigger" on a 200 plus dollar fragrance. Fragsplits is one of the best places to acquire samples or a smaller portion than 50/100ml.
>>
>>11551722
Please stop, the last thing we need is more teenagers clamoring for another aventus split every 2 weeks
>>
>23, architecture student, in gradschool in North East

last cologne I used was Light Blue direct from the mall. I have not used cologne in about 10 months, which feels good -- my gf says she is used to the natural way I smell now and likes it (dem pheromones).

I liked light blue because it was fresh and smelled "nice", but I disliked how alcoholy and synthetic it smelled. I'm not sure if it blended with my skin smell either.

Considering buying cologne that is crisp and fresh, that does not have that processed smell. Probably niche that will mix with my natural smell.

Any options or anons looking for the same thing?
>>
File: Green-Irish-Tweed-by-Creed[1].jpg (279KB, 950x975px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Irish-Tweed-by-Creed[1].jpg
279KB, 950x975px
>>11551849
>>
>>11551859
thanks senpai

do you have it? what would you describe the fragrance like?
>>
>>11551859
>niche
>>11551849
biehl parfumkunstwerke gs01 or tom daxon iridium
>>
If I lose weight will fragrances actually smell better on my skin.
>>
>>11551701
Not who you're replying to, but I don't get it either. I have a sample but I have to scrub it off when I try it. And I don't mind tobacco fragrances usually.
>>
>>11551937
Yeah general rule is
"do not wear fragrance if bmi over 17"
>>
>>11551876
watch some reviews
it's been said to smell very closely to chez bond and davidoff cool water
>>
>>11551679
i've been thinking of picking up noir extreme
is it a worthy replacement of la nuit?
>>
looking for a night scent. wanna try something different than la nuit.

mid 20s
minimal techno/streetwear
comfortable spending up to $200
>>
>>11551890
>implying Creed isn't niche
popularity has no bearing on "niche" status what so ever. production volume and the related criteria of availability are the only considerations as per industry standards
>>
Any recs on colognes with hints of floral or vanilla? I'm looking for something general purpose day to day. I'd spend $150 on a good size bottle.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>11552360
> but I don't get it either. I have a sample but I have to scrub it off when I try it
and there you go. there are plenty of top-tier frags that come off strange or unappealing after you spray but become godly after the initial drydown

this is why plebs shouldn't be allowed to post frag reviews
>>11552622
you can get creed at walgreens, it is not niche
>>
Can somebody recommend an autumn frag. is terre hermes suitable?
>>
>>11553207
>$300+ perfume
>Walgreens

yeah, no. i'm gonna need proof.
>>
>>11552452
cdg black?
>>
>>11553607
Online only. You can't go into a Walgreens retail store and buy Creed. Because apparently to >>11553207 a fragrance is only "niche" if it is sold out of the Luckyscent warehouse. A Walgreens warehouse is not /fa/ enough.
>>
>>11553607
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/creed-virgin-island-water-eau-de-parfum-spray/ID=prod6068715-product

I wouldn't take the "not sold in stores" too seriously either

you can get all kinds of stuff that you're not "supposed" to be able to get at walgreens, cosmetics companies regularly send lawyers after them for making the brand look less exclusive
>>
>>11553669
creed is good perfume

whether it's niche or not is an entirely separate question

stop getting so butthurt over this, /fa/ggots
>>
>>11553669
>a fragrance is only "niche" if it is sold out of the Luckyscent warehouse
that's the dumbest, most arbitrary definition of "niche" I've heard yet

btw Luckyscent does sell Creed products
>>
>>11553682
that's because nobody uses that definition, anon is just mad about the fact that Creed is not considered niche
>>
>>11553695
>the fact that Creed is not considered niche
objectively wrong

niche status is dependent only on production volume
>>
>>11553800
really? what's the cutoff? who defines it?
>>
>>11553822
according to The Fragrance Foundation (FiFi), the non-profit, educational arm of the international fragrance industry
>>
>>11553870
show me a link or quote from the exact definition please. primary sources only, no blog quotes.
>>
>>11553886
>>11553870
>>11553822
>>11553800
>>11553695
Doesn't 'niche' used casually just refer to a combination of scaled-down production methods, unconventional notes, and price/brand exclusivity? I'm pretty sure you can't nail it down to one qualifier. It's a vague, abstract concept, like indie vs. pop, so there will be inevitable disagreements.
>>
>>11553953
I just thought it just applies to brands whose only product is fragrance regardless of pricing

that definition makes the most sense to me, but yeah, this is getting too pedantic and not really worth discussing much furthet.
>>
>>11550280
escolar? so a gentleman and a fish?
>>
File: 650m.jpg (25KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
650m.jpg
25KB, 600x486px
Pondering between this one and pure malt...
at age 20, perhaps too mature/ old

What are your opinions on smell itself?
Bitter?
Offensive?
Seductive?
Complex?
>>
>>11554087
Sweet and heavy, it's a decent juice but a bit dangerous for someone without experience wearing frags, you may end up being "that guy" who walks around with a cloud of perfume while people bitch about you behind your back

I'd avoid under your circumstances although it's nice if you already have a decent size collection and you like that style
>>
File: chocolateGreedyMonatle.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chocolateGreedyMonatle.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Is it ok that I'm a man and all I wear is different Gourmand fragrances? I'm not a fag or anything right? I find Gourmand has the best projection and longevity on me and I like the smell. I just hope girls don't think I'm a beta male if they smell that I smell sweet and yummy.
>>
>>11554171
>I'm not a fag or anything right?
If you have to ask, you're a fag
>>
>>11554171
why the fuck would you want to smell like a pastry? god dammit I hate gourmands, vanilla makes me gag.
>>
File: S123640_XLARGE.jpg (81KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
S123640_XLARGE.jpg
81KB, 512x512px
god damn this smells delicious. what are some other good sport frags/non-shit aquatics? pretty much all that works for me in the heat/humidity rn
>>
>>11554191
I agree with you in general but sometimes it can be nice. Praline and spice during deepest winter in the holiday times, for instance
>>
>>11554539
the whole serge lutens holiday spice /dried fruits thing is fine. It's cloying dessert smells that bother me. I also don't understand the coffee accord either, drink coffee and you'll smell like coffee.
>>
>>11553207
Jesus. Okay, I scrub it off after multiple hours because it still smells bad. How does that sound?
>>
>>11554582
>the whole serge lutens holiday spice /dried fruits thing is fine.
I've only tried chergui and it smelled like fucking diapers, although I do get the "honey" they talk about. yuck.
>I also don't understand the coffee accord either, drink coffee and you'll smell like coffee.
penhaligons endymion, literally no one can dislike it and it's got a coffee heart note
>>
>>11554596
>chergui and it smelled like fucking diapers
I hate that smell is subjective because I'd like to tell you how wrong you are
>>
>>11555116
Maybe it depends on if you have kids, I've heard parents love the smell of their kids' dirty diapers
>>
>>11546346
The bottle is a decanter?
>>
>>11554211
Some of my favorite high-heat frags:
Bvlgari Aqva Marine
Bvlgari Man Extreme
Cartier Declaration L'Eau
Dior Homme Cologne
Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
Lalique White
Mugler Cologne
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Versace Pour Homme
>>
>>11556072
A flacon.
>>
>>11543138
Why is this list basically 99% niche shit?

Someone should make a designer only one.
>>
>>11553505
TdH is perfectly suitable for fall. Luckily it is also an incredibly versatile scent and will work in any season/occasion.

You gave zero other criteria, so here are some other personal fall favorites:

Pure Malt/Havane
Antaeus
Burberry London fM
Coromandel
Eau Sauvage Parfum
Égoïste
Fahrenheit
Knize Ten
La Yuqawam pH
Polo
Salvador Dali pH
Sycomore
>>
File: o.30985.jpg (98KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
o.30985.jpg
98KB, 1400x788px
What do you guys think about CK Reveal for men?
>>
>>11554211
Are any of the Allures real good? Maybe the OG?
>>11556164
I've only tried TdH Eau Tres Fraiche and really dig it, any reccs based off digging it specifically?
>>
Just got a sample of Dior Homme Intense. All I smell is powder and nothing else. I'm shocked this such highly praised, since it's a powdery designer scent. I'm just overwhelmed by the powderyness.
>>
>>11556196
can you not afford niche fragrances
>>
>>11545888
Thierry Pure Malt
>>
File: 1468247717898.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468247717898.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Anything from the house of Comme des Garcons that ISN'T from the Incense Line, 2Man, Wonderoud/Wonderwood, Amazingreen, or Hinoki but is still good?
>>
>>11557774
>shopping by brand instead of by the guy who designed it
Unless it's Antoine Lie or Bertrand Duchaufour, it's not worth your time
>>
>>11558407
>Bertrand Duchaufour
Jean-Claude Ellena, Dominique Ropion, and Olivia Giacobelli are also great

i've heard of Antoine Lie, but not familiar with any of his work. what do frags of his to you like best and suggest trying?
>>
File: image.png (684KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
684KB, 750x1334px
>>11557175
PM is GOAT
>>
I was reading some magazine and it had an ad for Bleu de Chanel and you can smell the page or whatever and it smells like the perfume. I smelled it and was blown away how great it smells. Does these page cologne things actually smell accurate to the actual cologne?
>>
>>11558639
No. Smell depends on the chemistry of the surface

But go buy it anyway. BdC does smell great even if many fragheads think it's too boring

You can always try it in store
>>
>>11556164
Thanks for the list. I may try that dior cologne next because I really liked DHS even though it performed like shit on me.
>>
>>11556196
Because most designer houses are generally fucking terrible with a few exceptions i.e. Prada, Givenchy, Montblanc, Boss, CK
>>
>>11556164
>>11559024
I recently copped Dior Homme Cologne. It's just okay in my book and honestly kinda plain. My favorite Cologne is South Bay by The Different Company. Much more character, with distinctive freesia and tamarind notes.
>>
>>11559055
>boss
>CK
>montblanc
gross, let me fix that for you
>chanel
>tom ford
>CDG
>YSL
>hermes
>christian dior
>>
So I've always been gifted Polo Eau de Toilette (green bottle) by family and as much as I love the scent I've been thinking of moving onto something a bit less "spicy". Does anyone have suggestions for something similar but with a bit more of a woody undertone?
>>
>>11559143
>CdG
>Designer

Kill your SELF
>>
>>11559277
Are you mad because you think there's some binary distinction between "designer" and "niche"?
>>
hey let's all agree to never use the terms "designer" and "niche" ever again itt

those labels have barely any practical use anyway
>>
File: index.jpg (13KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 218x231px
>>11559357
sorry officer, it was my mistake. won't happen again.
>>
File: wonderwood.jpg (47KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
wonderwood.jpg
47KB, 600x350px
>>11558596
I was talking more about CDG specifically
>i've heard of Antoine Lie, but not familiar with any of his work
I somehow doubt that is the case
>>
>>11559143
I meant to say those houses are terrible but have a few good fragrances. What you listed is good.
>>
Don't know whether to blind buy Dior Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel edp

help
>>
>>11558603
Seconded
>>
>>11560434
what the actual fuck both of these are in every single chain dept store everywhere.

i know it's hard to leave the house, but just go try them and that way you wont have to blind buy
>>
>>11560491
I have social anxiety. Especially because the sales women can't just leave me alone. I'll be browsing and minding my own business when they just come up and ask if I need help and than I say no, but than they just fucking stand right there watching what I do. I hate it.
>>
>>11560549
if you are that socially anxious I don't see what earthly purpose either of those frags will be to you. if you want to sit at home all day trying different gourmand scents I could understand, but sauvage and BdC are generic crowd pleaser frags for going out in
>>
>>11560549
just bring an extra coat and pretend you're holding it for them

you can also whip your phone out while the sales woman is talking to you and act really annoyed and say you were stood up

they may even give you some free samples out of sympathy
>>
>>11560549
"I'm fine thank you just browsing"

Literally all you need to say.
>>
File: men prive.jpg (20KB, 400x455px) Image search: [Google]
men prive.jpg
20KB, 400x455px
any specific niche fragrances i should get while in Europe for a month? also thoughts on CH men / Men prive?
>>
>have about 12 different fragrances for fall and winter
>literally nothing for spring or summer

damn it. Why are Cold weather fragrances so much more interesting and fun.
>>
>>11561571
mostly because more linear fragrances get pigeonholed as "summer" and more complex ones get pigeonholed as "winter"
>if it's past may 1 and you wear anything more complex than farina 1709 anyone in the same room as you will asphyxiate from fumes
it's advice given to plebs who don't know what they're doing, because it keeps them out of trouble
>>
Anything for a 17 yo dude living in Vietnam? Need it for going out with gurls
>>
>>11561715
Isn't Vietnam always hot?

Get either Dior Sauvage or Aqcua di Gio profumo
>>
>>11561923
if it's like most developing countries, he probably spends most of his time in frigid AC blasted indoor malls and clubs and houses and shit. they LOVE their unnecessary AC, it's a status symbol for the new third world middle class. sweating is for peasants, god forbid anyone ever actually open a window

nobody posting on 4chan is living in a sweltering mud hut, that's for sure
>>
>>11561951
>unnecessary AC
true

been living in New England for three years now and rarely turn on the AC or heat (though these last few days have been killer)
>>
>>11561923
Thanks for advice!
>>11561951
Well, can't judge for everyone here, since I'm an expat myself...
>>
New Imaginary Authors fragrance soon. Can't wait, I like the tagline already.
>>
/fa/ brothers, im currently on a budget cuz i changed jobs, i need a nice budget fragrance, max 30€. Throw me some
>>
>>11560549
>I say no, but than they just fucking stand right there watching what I do.
Really? This has never happened to me before. You need to try being more personable/friendly. They might think you're trying to steal a tester bottle or something if they are hanging around watching you after you said you don't need help.

You should go to sephora, they leave you alone more than department store SAs, cause a lot of times they have other shit they could be doing. Whereas dept store SAs in the fragrance department are literally there just trying to sell fragrances. Somebody will most likely come check on you, but if you just smile and say "I'm just looking around, I'll let you know if I need any help" they will go about their business.

Also, be up front with them: you're just testing, you're not looking to buy. If they're the stubborn kind and still try and talk you into buying shit, reiterate you're just testing, not looking to buy.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>11562500
Pic related
>>
>>11562606
need something similar to this
>>
>>11562606
Good price range. Any more sugestions? Might be a bit hard to find around here.
>>
>>11562622
>>11562681
Not really it's my go-to fragrance.
>>
>>11562681
Try www.Amazon.com
>>
>>11562500
armaf club de nuit intense man

It's a reversed engineered clone of Creed Aventus. It smells 99% similar and cost less that 30 dollars. Don't listen to butthurt comments saying that it doesn't, these are the angry people who wasted 300 dollars on a bottle of Aventus.
>>
I'm 22, gosling-esque look(people tell me I look like him very often).

I'm looking for scent to wear while clubbing. Something naughty and fun.
I usually try to give the a rich but humble vibe with my look.
>>
>>11562758
The funny thing about the Aventus clone argument is that of course if you spray both on paper, right next to each other, and spend time analyzing the notes, you're gonna smell a difference. But in real-world application, where people are getting passing whiffs of you or smelling you while you're standing next to them, you'd be lying if you pretended that they could tell which one you were wearing.

I've never smelled CdNIM, but I had a bottle of Insurrection Pure II at one point (which is supposed to be not as good a clone as the Armaf), and even then it was still basically good enough to pass as Aventus.
>>
>>11562775
paco rabanne 1 million
enjoy your AIDS
>>
>>11562775
>I usually try to give the a rich but humble vibe with my look.

So you are pretty much a raging normie?

Code/Eros/1 Million/Invictus is for you in that case.
>>
>>11562758
I never really got the Aventus hype anyway. It smells fine but there are many fragrances that give more compliments, have a more pleasant smell (subjective thought) or are more versatile. Usually also for a much lower price.
>>
>>11562972
I think it smells really good, the problem is literally everyone I ever smell it on is dressed like a fucking ghetto thug, so I only wear it for loafing around at home, grocery shopping, and stuff like that. when I'm at work, going out for dinner, or whatever, I'll wear something more niche and less recognizable. I realize I'm probably smelling clones but it doesn't matter. I'm not wearing thug perfumes in mixed company. ever.
>>
Watching part 2 of the documentary in OP. My god are perfumers such insufferable faggots. It almost makes me hate liking perfume , knowing these are the pretentious edgy fucks that I'm buying from.
>>
>>11562964
not really. I try to blend in.
My social autismo is maximum I promise. I either bang crazy girls who like attractive autists or drunk sluts who dont get to know me.

I ate being alone and I find people very interesting.
>>
File: 1421028788568.jpg (29KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1421028788568.jpg
29KB, 300x343px
>>11563144
listening to people talk perfume on youtube makes me irrationally angry

it's a bit like wine, I enjoy reading about it, I absolutely love drinking it, but the second I hear some pudgy pink asshole in a PGA sweatshirt start bleating in a nasal voice about the weather in cote de nuits last year, I'm suddenly in the mood for an IPA
>>
>>11562799
Personally, I can very easily discern the difference between Aventus and its various imitators. However, I really don't see the point in wasting money on a cut-rate Aventus clone when Beautyspin has 100ml Scent of Peace testers for under $99.
>>
File: rainyalley.jpg (80KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
rainyalley.jpg
80KB, 720x720px
Please recommend me a signature summer scent that could also be worn in spring. Something Aromatic and Fresh. I hate "iron tshirt clean" smells. Since it will be my only hot weather perfume, please make it niche or "unique" for me. I expect the price to be high. Also something that Projects and last long. Aquatics suck on me (acqua di gio doesn't even last 2 hours). Male in 20's btw.
Something that evokes pic related.
>>
Just got some Tobacco Vanille samples and they're awesome.

I don't get why people call it gross.
>>
>>11563647
Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street
>>
File: 14291061744743.jpg (129KB, 749x746px) Image search: [Google]
14291061744743.jpg
129KB, 749x746px
I'm no expert on these things but I found this in Barneys and it smelled good so I bought it.

whats the consensus on it? its a complex woody smell but its also expensive.
>>
File: Versace Pour Homme.png (922KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Versace Pour Homme.png
922KB, 1024x1024px
Probably goes without saying but Versace Pour Homme is generally a pretty safe and satisfying frag for spring/summer.aquatic and citrusy vibe that projects well and usually yields compliments,not expensive either,got 3.4 oz from ebay for $30.
>>
>>11563647
That pic fits Eau de Gentiane Blanche; somber, green, and minimalistic. Also doubles as a spring and summer scent.
>>
>>11563957
ya did good sport.
>>
File: Tommy.jpg (60KB, 300x364px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy.jpg
60KB, 300x364px
>>11563647
Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger is a good choice,especially for summer.very fruity,with
notes reminiscent of apples,bergamot,cranberry,and grapefruit.very inexpensive and generates compliments pretty well,usually from older people as it was released around the 90's
>>
>>11564016
I want to try this but I'm afraid it's one of those ubiquitous scents everyone wears and then I'll immediately dislike it.
>>
>>11564043
i haven't encountered too many people wearing it,I've had a bottle for about 6 months and I still enjoy wearing it.Other than that I'd recommend Tommy (see above) and also Invictus by Paco Rabanna,recently bought a bottle and fucking love it,it gets a lot of shit on fragrantica but it really seems like trolling as I and many other people are saying,"wtf is up with all the negative reviews? this stuff is great!" It's a slamming aquatic/citrus scent that i've never smelt on anyone before.
>>
>>11564016
yo this shit is good but lasts very short time so be aware.
the oppening is literally AMAZING
but there are fakes and shit so beawrae of that also.
Best aquatic I've smelled in my book. And I tried alot.
>>
>>11561538
ch men is average. Jeremy hyped it up doh :^)
prive- idk about it

1. pick several that you like
2. ask girl which one she likes

*if you are desperate, exchange 1. and 2.

DONE
UR WELCO<E

profit:
>>
>>11545888
Axe.
Trash is attracted to trash.
>>
What's the manliest version of dior homme? Or does that not exist?

I want to try it after hearing all the hype but I don't really have the body type for it. It seems like it would be more for hairless/ottermode folks than me
>>
>>11563647
Profumum Roma Victrix literally smells like that picture looks. Fits all your requirements too, projection and longevity are supernatural.
>>
>>11563733
they've never tried it or theyre too poor to afford a bottle
have you tried tuscan leather, noir de noir, or oud wood yet?
>>
Would anyone be able to give me a suggestion?

Basically, I really like the following:

>Polo Ralph Lauren Red
>Joop Homme
>Bentley For Men Azure

My issue with them, however, is that they're all very short lasting.

I really like them because to me they're more classic, like what I remember my father and grandfather wearing (in fact, my father actually used to wear Joop Homme when I was growing up, so its actually the first I ever used, too), and I think they suit my smart-casual style.

Is anyone able to recommend an alternative, longer lasting fragrance, with the same feel and weight?

I really don't care about the price if I like the smell.

My friends use a lot of Hugo Boss and high fashion brand stuff, but to me it smells feminine.
>>
>>11564082
>>11564041
>>11564016
It's difficult to take you seriously when you hardly ever include a space after your punctuation. I know the style guide around here is pretty loose, but that's just too distracting with words squished together like that.
>>
what's a normal number of bottles to have? I've got 3 full bottles and about 30 decants and I feel like I should have a good well rounded collection with about 3 or 4 more bottles which should take maybe another 30 decants before I've found what I need. this seems reasonable

but then sometimes I'll come home from a business trip and see the top of my dresser and realize I probably look like a crazy person
>>
>>11564813
I would say that is a good amount although personally I have 65 bottles (I need to cut down) having a good range of fragrances for different seasons is important for me 2 or 3 for each season is pretty reasonable for most people and decants are the way to go unless there is something you use frequently and can't get in smaller sizes on the cheap. Most of my fragrances I enjoy although some were average blind buys so unless you live outside of the US or Europe like me I would recommend buying in samples and decants.
>>
>>11564844
what the fuck? you have 65 full size bottles?
>>
>>11564813
>>11564970
Not that anon but I also have about 65 full sized bottles. It's an interesting hobby that brings me pleasure, even if I can only wear about half of my collection each month.

Most recent purchase: Voleur de Roses
Currently on order: Etro Vetiver, Prada Infusion de Vetiver
>>
>>11564813
>normal number
like 2-3

people who really like to coordinate their frags to the weather and what they are wearing on a particular day, i'd say 5-8

collectors have dozens of bottles
>>
File: lanooee.jpg (69KB, 794x354px) Image search: [Google]
lanooee.jpg
69KB, 794x354px
I wonder who could be behind this trend
>>
File: GRILL.jpg (522KB, 1280x673px) Image search: [Google]
GRILL.jpg
522KB, 1280x673px
best desu
>>
Real quick question because I know absolutely zilch about scents. I want to get two fragrances, one for the day and one for night.

Day fragrance can be kind of fresh, not super masculine, but slightly masculine verging on unisex is okay.

Night just something either "sophisticated" and "elegant" or something different that's sort of sexy in a masculine way.
>>
>>11563816
>>11564023
>>11564041
>>11564695
Ok thanks guys.

This isn't the first time I've been recommended Bleecker street, i've been needing to try it out. I think I'll get 5ml sample of it. Also Profumum Roma Victix sample is on Lucky Scent so I'll get that too.

Hermes Eau de Gentiane Blanche has me the most interested, and it might just be cheap enough for a blind buy.

Next time I'm at a department store I'll try to get a sample of Tommy Hilfiger as well.
>>
>>11565373
Did you read the infographic at all? There are a ton of suggestions in there.
>>
>>11565373
Dior Sauvage for day. It also has the added benefit of being an every season/ weather type of scent.

For Night I'd get Dior Homme Parfum or Intense. It has the elegant and sophistication vibe. It's more of a cold weather fall/winter fragrance.
>>
>>11564555
You could try the lighter flankers e.g. eau, sport, cologne
>>
File: tyhfd.jpg (77KB, 564x844px) Image search: [Google]
tyhfd.jpg
77KB, 564x844px
>>11564555
>It seems like it would be more for hairless/ottermode folks than me

why do you say that? I think it's more for guys who dress up more. Not suit and tie dress up but more like pic related dress up.
>>
>>11564555
why dont you try it first and form an opinion afterwards

regardless, i think fragrance works independently from one's personal appearance 2bh and, for the most part, pretty universal, i.e., anyone can wear anything they like (the only limiting factors i put any stock in are skin chemistry and weather)
>>
Redpill me on Tobacco Vannille... How long would a 1.5ml sample bottle last me?
And is it worth the money?
I'm trying to find a cologne that is very masculine.
I don't want to break the bank but I'm willing to pay $100ish for a good every day cologne that can become my "signature scent".
>>
>>11564813
If you're a collector, then "normal" is not part of the equation when considering how many bottles to own.

However, if you're just a normal guy who likes to smell good, then 2-3 signatures is fine. If you live somewhere with 4 distinct seasons, you should have a hot weather and a cold weather fragrance (minimum).

For somebody who wants to "coordinate" without owning 20+ bottles, the ideal is as follows:
S/S: 1 signature, 1 casual/everyday, 1 sexy/date night
F/W: 1 signature, 1 casual/everyday, 1 sexy/date night

For me, I actually tend to break down my seasons a little more. My current collection is 12 bottles, and I try not to be a "collector." I rather try to only keep bottles that I actually love. Doing pretty good so far.
>>
>>11562758
I have this however I'm not really a big fan. Never smelt aventus so can't compare but I think CdNIM is pretty bad. The opening is so harsh. I still don't even like it after it settles.
>>
Am grill. What's your opinion on Jo Malone in terms of staying power and value? They look like nice simple scents to mix and match, but if they're not too potent, it'd probably be better to go with a random indie for simple.
>>
>>11565828
Meh. They have a lot of stuff that smells nice. My gf got her first Jo Malone a couple months back and she's pretty disappointed. You can smell it when she first sprays it on and for about an hour or less after, but it pretty much disappears after that.
>>
File: 1468376999834.jpg (245KB, 1624x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1468376999834.jpg
245KB, 1624x1360px
Is it rude to message luckyscent for the batch code of the sample i received?
>>
>>11565857
Rude? Who cares. They will either tell you, or they won't.
>>
>>11565801
Bump
>>
>>11565801
>How long would a 1.5ml sample bottle last me?
You realize that 1.5ml is a tiny sample vial, right? If you intend on applying a dot or two to some test paper, or a dot or two on your wrist to see how it wears, you could do this several times with 1.5ml. But you would realistically only get two "full wearings."

TV is great, but it's definitely not versatile enough to be an every day fragrance. It's too heavy for warm weather. IMO, it's more of a special occasion, suit and tie kind of fragrance.
>>
>>11565969
I see, what's something that is very masculine and sexual and I could make an every day fragrance?
>>
>>11565974
I hate to beat a dead horse, but you can't go wrong with Dior Sauvage. Women love this shit. It gets me more compliments than anything else in my collection. And to me, it's just right in the middle of everything as far as occasions/seasons. Not bad for hot weather, strong enough for cold weather, can feel casual or dressed up. Are there better options for each scenario? Perhaps. But this one really does it all, in my book.
>>
>>11565801
>>11565974
you sound like a sperg. smelling "masculine" is probably the least of your problems.
>>
File: SURE.jpg (538KB, 2552x2012px) Image search: [Google]
SURE.jpg
538KB, 2552x2012px
>>11565995
"sperg" okay buddy, because I don't know a lot about fragrances SURE.
pic related, not a sperg, FUCK YOU
>>11565982
Thanks I'm gonna buy a bottle right NOW.
>>
>>11565982
Googling shows a Dior Sauvage and a Dior Sauvage (2015)? Did they retool their formula?
>>
>>11565969
>1.5 mL
nigga what?

you can get about 2 weeks out of that at ~3 sprays a day, maybe more if dabbing. you must be drowning yourself in juice
>>
>>11566037
You're seeing two separate fragrances. Dior Eau Sauvage was first, came out a long time ago. Dior Sauvage came out last year. That is what you want to buy. The first one is good, but old school.
>>
360 Red vs. Just me

Which is better?
>>
>>11566034
aspergers syndrome is a mental condition. not a physical condition
>>
What fragrance will make my gf wanna bang me
>>
>>11566129
Acqua di Gio
>>
>>11566129
>>11565344
>>
>>11565969
>1.5ml of one of the heaviest fragrances lasting 2 wearings

Two questions

One: You're clearly rich, give me money
Two: Are you the "cologne guy" everyone hates to be around?
>>
>>11566038
>>11566204
K I might have exaggerated a bit. But no more than 3-4 wears. Do you guys realize how tiny a 1.5ml vial is?
>>
>>11566204
>Two questions
The first one isn't a question, btw
>>
>>11565864
Also message sent. It's about Dior Homme Intense. Everything I read says that the new formulation sucks and doesn't last half hour on skin. My skin sucks and never gets good longevity or sillage ,but the sample I got projected like beast and lasted long. If the sample was a new formulation than I won't be scared buying a bottle.
>>
>>11557774
Almost everything, depending on what you're after... Except Girl.
I was the guy that gave you those tips by the way.
>>
>>11563957
ma boi
>>
>>11543138
Male, 26yrs old, summer/spring,looking for light universal fragrance.(or for nights out fragrance)
Favorites mostly from designer houses: few examples i like, Hugo boss elements?, Versace Light Blue, 1 million, Armani aqua di gio? And black Code is alright. (Only one i would buy is the elements/energy since rest of the list is too common.

I hate lacoste red which is really really sweet.
>>
>>11566354
I highly doubt they send out decants of original formulation DHI. That stuff is highly sought after, and goes for a pretty penny compared to DHI that's on the market now. You can just about bet that you got The current formulation.

Btw. Don't obsess too much over batches. It's not worth the extra money trying to hunt down "vintage" bottles when the current stuff is basically just as good
>>
>>11565321
alo goys itz me jeurmeh here wif anuther fragrenece
>>
>>11566516
If you are 26, try making decision of your own instead of listening to others here. It may feel comfortable having faith that others will tell you the perfect answer, but it is not. Make your own mind up, believe in your decision.

-Dad-
>>
>>11566354
who says that the new dhi doesn't last?
i get 15 hours easy from it. i've heard that it isn't quite as much of a beast as the original, but still no slouch.
>>
>>11566616
Some arab on youtube made a whole video on it dissing the new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q9zgg9aB4E
>>
Just got my order of Armaf Tres nuit delivered today. Was a rush to get out the door so I sprayed before meeting with friends out. A girl commented that I smelled good. This was the first time I ever got complimented by someone and I've been a frag fag for 2 years now, I've been buying the most expensive perfume and the first compliment I got was because of a 25$ clone by an unknown middle eastern company.
>>
File: DTd-BNTi.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
DTd-BNTi.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>
>>
>>11567279
God. I hate this guy. Not him personally (but I've heard nothing but bad things about him from other reviewers), but he has the power to turn any fragrance into nothing more than a common scent by the hoards of plebs that follow him. It's scary.
>>
>>11545445

Yuqawam is as good as TL. There is a distinct burnt tar note in Yuqawam that ruins it. I love TL and am constantly trying to find a cheaper alternative and there simply isn't one yet.
>>
>>11567288

He's right about Allure Sport Extreme though. I get compliments every time I wear thathem shit. 95% of my frgrances are for me to enjoy but sometimes I like to wear something to get attention and that stuff nails it.
>>
>>11567352
He's right about almost every fragrance he says gets a lot of compliments.
>>
>>11567352
>>11567354
He was wrong about Dior Sauvage , Bleu De Chanel EDP, and Invictus
>>
I've been trying some old popular fragrances lately. I quite like YSL's Opium. I think I will keep wearing it as my every day scent for a while. Had a few compliments on it in the past week of wearing it already.
>>
>>11567352
>>11567354
but do you get compliments out of nowhere from strangers though?

i mean, from friends/acquaintances, or out at a bar or a club. a comment about smelling good is just something to say or an icebreaker (it's about as worthless a statement as "i like your shirt" or "nice haircut;" polite small talk); it would pretty much happen regardless of the fragrance just as long as you a wearing one.
>>
My Guerlain Vetiver just came today

This is perfect as fuck thank you /fragrance/
>>
>>11544627
dang, I got the Heavy Hold of that stuff lol
>>
>>11567471

I don't fully agree

I do get compliments from strangers when I wear my fragrance, I also do think it would matter on which fragrance you would use.

Example, if you wear something like ten sprays of Angel Men in a hot summer day, your probably not gonna get any good comments.

But the right fragrance for the right occasion will increase the chance of you getting a compliment.

Also, there are some specific fragrances that do seem to attract compliments and huge compliments too, one being Club De Nuit Intense by Armaf and another being Sultan by Al-Rehab.
>>
>>11567416
>turns out that three latest safest, most overengineered, mass-market crowd-pleasers aren't liked by people in general at all

Somehow I doubt you're right
>>
>>11567940
Bleu and Sauvage are good, but I just can't consider wearing a cologne that comes out of a participation trophy.
>>
amouage fag here. can recommend epic man(w,a) reflection man(s,s), dia man(a,w,s), jubilation (a,w) and memoir man (w)

bonus round: 1 millesime imperial from creed. godtier summer frag
>>
Is it possible for a man to pull Chanel N°5 off? What I'm currently using is CdG 2 and I want something with similiar notes; N°5 seems great to me. I'm not sure though about the reception among people, I've never seen a male wearing that fragrance, let alone pulling it off
>>
>>11567663
>I do get compliments from strangers when I wear my fragrance
>wearing perfumes to get compliments from fucking strangers
Life protip: ANYTHING you wear (frags, shoes, shirt, tie, suit, watch, hat, etc) that gets regular "compliments" from strangers is being worn in bad taste

It is one thing if your SO, your family, your friends, or your coworkers say something. People who see you ever day

The only possible exception is if you are riding on a jam packed rush hour train and your chest is literally pressed into some woman's face involuntarily for an extended period of time. Then, if she says "you smell nice" and appears sincere, you can take that as a huge compliment, while apologizing to her that your chest is jammed into her snout

Chances are this doesn't apply to 98% of you so cut down on those sprays and read up on olfactory fatigue
>>
>>11568093
Maybe. blah blah blah wear whatever you want. But in terms of people noticing. You WILL smell like an old lady. And people will notice you. Some people might think negatively of it. If that bothers you, just stick to "2", if not, go for it.
>>
File: 615wZxYGPZL._SX450_.jpg (17KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
615wZxYGPZL._SX450_.jpg
17KB, 450x337px
How does this smell? Is it worth blind buying since i cant find any samples? It quite cheap as well
>>
>>11568550
meh. Never tried it ,but the bottle looks tacky.
>>
I want a frgrance that smells like tobacco and gun oil. Any suggestions?
>>
>>11568639
Layer Dior Fahrenheit and Tom Ford Tobacco Oud
>>
I got Gucci Guilty a week back, i think it smells great
>>
File: nd.12317.jpg (54KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.12317.jpg
54KB, 300x450px
>>11568050
nice taste. This is my current favorite. Also sampling Opus IX, Journey Man and Beloved Man by Amouage.
>>
>>11565801
~10 sprays/ml
1-2 sprays/wearing for TV
You do the math.
"Worth it" is an entirely personal thing. Only you can answer if it is worth the money to you.
>>
>>11567216
Hows longevity? Similar to GIT?
>>
>>11567216
Good job supporting radical Islamic terrorism. I hope you get culturally enriched.
>>
rp me on Molecule 01

Everywhere you go you read a ton of new age shit about how "it's not a fragrance in itsellf" but it "reacts with your skin to bring out a unique personal fragrance of you"

I don't buy that. Overeager marketingfolk cashing in on people bing too retarded to understand the concept of a base note. Wikipedia says Iso E super smells like sandelwood

What does /fa/ think? Is it any good?

What do
>>
Do you guys use fragrances daily? I'm having trouble using it in casual settings, IDK why.
>>
>>11569501
uh... just wear colognes.Of course you're gonna stand out like a sore thumb wearing a leather chypre or some amouage-core frag
>>
>>11569496
Don't buy molecule 1, you can just buy iso e super from some chemical company for a fraction of the price and dilute it with vodka or some other alcohol.
1 note isn't a perfume. It's not even a chord. Many niche companies just make 3 note 'perfumes' nowadays and sell them for higher prices than the old classics still in production.
I think I heard iso e super smells like cedar wood and to me it's just a generic wood smell (cedar I guess) with a peppery touch. Almost always makes my nose itchy.
>>
>>11569496
>>11569562
This is what I did; I bought a bottle of Iso E Super and a bottle of hairwasher's alcohol to dilute it in and made two 50 ml bottles from it. I have to say I only use it as a kind of 'base' scent or deodorant because the ceder/sandal woody smell is too generic to my taste. It also makes my nose itchy and sometimes it comes across as too synthetic, but it mixes well with body odor. When you look at the money it is worth the DIY.
>>
>>11568163
you sound butthurt that he actually does get compliments
>>
>>11569022
Never tried GIT. I got about 3 hours of projection with it. It smells like men body wash. Not bad.
>>
>>11569501
Every day and night. If I'm awake, I'm wearing fragrance. Often times while I'm asleep, as well. Without fragrance I feel almost naked.
>>
now that its soon-ish fall, what are some great fragrances for that season?
>>
>>11543133
>perfumista
has anyone used this? like got 10 1ml or something to find a fragrance?

there are no places near me that stock niche scents.
>>
>>11569680
Burberry London for men
>>
>>11569562
Does undiluted ISO E Super smell good and or similar to Molecule 01?
>>
>>11569886
Nobody knows because everyone who has bought Molecule 01 realized it's not interesting enough to bother buying pure iso E super, and everyone who just bought iso E super is too busy patting himself on the back for sticking it to the man
>>
>>11569680
I really like new Haarlem, but gourmands might not be your style
>>
Just got a sample of Serge Lutens -Gingembre and love it. What are other must tries from this house.
>>
How is Oud Wood by TF?
>>
File: p_101426785.jpg (37KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
p_101426785.jpg
37KB, 360x360px
>>11570306
>is aventus good? is it worth it?
>how is tuscan leather? any opinions?
>I'm a man between 18 and 25 who sometimes wears a shirt with a collar and other times wears a hoodie, can I pull off tobacco vanille or is it tryhard?
>redpill me on green irish tweed, is it a meme?
If you would like I can copy/paste one of the 50,000 reviews off the internet, would you like that?
>>
>>11570345
Yes, I would.
>>
>>11570347
ابداع ثم ابداع ثم ابداع ، هذا العطر يهواه أهل الشرق اكثر من الغربيين لأنهم لا يقدرون قيمة العود مثلنا ولذلك تجد بعض التعليقات التي تنتقص من قيمة هذا العطر الراقي
>>
>>11568550
To me it smells almost chocolaty - very powdery and sweet. Lots of tonka bean and lily of the valley. Definitely unique, sort of feminine, good night out scent. Blind buy knowing you won't wear it every day.
>>
>>11569501
I treat it like clothes in a sense. If I'm just going to the food market I don't get dressed up or put a scent on but if I'm going out I get dressed up and scented up.
>>
File: Galimard_AVENTURE_M_001[1].jpg (14KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
Galimard_AVENTURE_M_001[1].jpg
14KB, 300x500px
>>11569680
>>
>>11564555
That'd be the parfum version. Very potent, deep, soft on the edges. It's much more couple days stubble, to compare to what you said. It is the older, serious brother to the DH's.
>>
>>11569896
lol that actually makes sense
>>
>>11570354
underrated post
>>
>bn still down

Guys who am I supposed to ask now if 8 sprays of TV is enough??
>>
Amouage epic man or amouage memoir man? What's most suitable for a 23 yes road guy? Can buy both
>>
>>11571894
I personally didn´t like memoir but I have to say I didn´t give it much time after the top notes irritated my nose. For young people I recommend Reflection Man, Jubilation XXV, Journey (this one is amazing) and Opus IX for that animalistic style.
>>
>>11569911
Five o'clock Gingembre is my second favorite from SL and my everyday f/w

Borneo 1834 is my absolute favorite fragrance from any house, truly a work of art imo, but it's from their exclusive line that only comes in those 75 mL bell jars for $300

also really liked these from their main line:
Ambre Sultan
Chergui
Gris Clair...
Datura Noir
Sa Majeste la Rose
>>
>>11567345
>burnt tar note
what the fuck are you talking about, this isnt a*men, la yuqawam is a raspberry bomb
>>
>>11572299
Thank you. Digits confirm.
>>
>>11567216
What is your typical number of sprays per application?
>>
>>11567421
>YSL's Opium
The ladies' frag from 1977? It's incredible, but very easy to overapply, especially in warmer temps. I'm a bit of a collector of older scents. Other favorites to try:

Guerlain Vetiver
Kouros
Havana
Egoiste
Fahrenheit
Antaeus
Drakkar Noir
Polo (although I will admit I prefer the newer and tragically discontinued flankers Polo Modern Reserve and Polo Crest)
>>
>>11567593
It's one of my favorite frags to wear in the summer, but also pretty dang versatile. It's more of a tobacco frag for me, but I have the ribbed bottle, so reformulations might have something to do with that.
>>
>>11568550
It's vanilla, tea and leather, with a slight powdery aspect that doesn't bother me, and I hate powdery frags. In the same ballpark as 360º Black fM and Bulgari Black. I would never recommend blind buying to anyone, but it was a successful blind buy for me.
>>
>>11572299
Seconded. I prefer LYpH to TL.
>>
>>11551722
or you could just not be a broke boi
>>
>>11562775
>Something naughty
Do people still use this word in reference to sexual congress? Like are you going to steal some cookies out of the cookie jar before you fuck?

I second 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.
>>
>>11562775
>>11563252
The only way you should give off the "rich" vibe is by spending large amounts of cash. Otherwise don't bother.
>>
>>11571906
How was the longevity on the journey? Id go for reflection man but the comparison to Le male was a bit off putting to be honest.
>>
File: 1030805.jpg (6KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1030805.jpg
6KB, 250x333px
This any good?
>>
Just got Fan di Fendi pour Homme Acqua, a total blind buy as I got sucked into the pitch by the saleswoman. Did I dun goofed /fa/m ?
>>
>>11572881
Do you not like how it smells? Or is longevity a issue for you?
>>
>>11572624
i can't say i'd go that far, there's just way too much raspberry in LY, and i almost feel uncomfortable. it leans very feminine imo and tuscan leather never makes me feel that way.
that being said, raspberry is one of, if not my favorite, notes and it does smell really nice
>>
>>11572881
>questions fragrance purchase
>makes no mention of how they enjoy the scent
>asking us to spoonfeed him any hype that exists for his frag
the absolute worst type of dumb fuck in these threads
jesus christ its a scent, make up your own mind
>>
>>11572561
6 or 7
>>
>>11573401
That's a lot for most frags, so you definitely aren't wearing too little.
>>
>>11543138
NYC
M
Decent price range but dont need anything overly expensive 20-80
need something that accommodates wall st work and nightlife/meeting with clients

Never used before want something that is pleasant and doesn't over power
>>
>>11573545
also something that makes people want to stay inside a train rather than evacuate
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.