[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/skin/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: masterpiece.jpg (447KB, 884x720px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.jpg
447KB, 884x720px
Skincare General

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients

Last thread:
>>11511079
warosu.org/fa/thread/S11511079
>>
oh btw

POST AND RATE ROUTINE EDITION
>>
I unironically want a face mask like Patrick Bateman just for the sake of it, that is, if it is actually good for skin.
W2C?
>>
Any good soaps or anything for body? I have some slight spots on my arms other than that I'm pretty solid
>>
how to get rid of forehead creases?
>>
>>11541493
>Any good soaps or anything for body?

Questions related to soap/body products is answered in the skin FAQ, line 135 desu
>>
>>11541523
we can still post our favorites brah
also I think those are mostly for the face

>>11541493
I like Dr Bronners bar soaps. And I love the way essentially any Lush product makes my skin feel. Rarely buy it, though. Too pricey

Avene Oil Free cleanser for the face is nice too
>>
Scandifags, what are some good product recommendations? A lot of the products recommended here or on Plebbit aren't sold here in stores.
>>
I use SulfaCleanse 8/4 and BenzePro, are these products any good?
Got them from my Mom who got them from a dermatologist
I also take antibiotics for acne and use grapefruit moisturizer, I think it's all overkill, I don't even have bad acne besides spots under my eyes
>>
File: 1456974242842.png (17KB, 917x477px) Image search: [Google]
1456974242842.png
17KB, 917x477px
Is Vitamin C serum really as good as people say for fading marks?
>>
>>11541562
https://reddit.com/r/NordicSkinCare/comments/34f24n/the_ultimate_list_of_swedish_skincare/

~
>>
What do you think is the best type of exfoliator?
I have really sensitive sking and have to avoid damaging it at all costs
>>
I owe my life to accutane.
>>
>>11541513
you can't, and literally everyone has them. moisturizing makes them less noticeable
>>
>>11541829
You either want to look into a gentle physical exfoliator, like a konjac sponge. Or maybe a BHA if you don't like physical exfoliation.
>>
>>11541966
>Or maybe a BHA if you don't like physical exfoliation.
I guess chemical would be better
Thanks
>>
I'm on my second course of accutane, just started my second month 11 days ago. I use cetaphil gentle cleanser to wash my face only when I shower. I try to use cold water so my skin doesn't get to dry. I rub a very small amount of aseline on my lips before going to bed but only a few night a week, I notice my lips get kinda red the next day and it looks like I put on some lip stick. (am male). And finally, I've been using lubriderms for men skin moisturizer all over my body. It works pretty good.

I think my dermatologist told me this treatment would last 6 months, my first one was a 7 month treatment and it was 5 years ago. Hopefully this will be the last, or at least it will get rid of cystic breakouts.

I've been researching microneedling as a post-treatment for my scars, which I have quite a few. I'm planning on waiting a minimum of 6 months after I finish taking accutane to start getting my scarring fixed up.

I'm guessing in 1.5 years I'll finally have normal looking skin, I'll be 24 by then kek.
>>
This might be an unrelated question, but what are some /fa/ approved Shampoos?
Preferably something readily available and easy to find at stores
>>
So what's /fa/'s opinion on witch hazel?
>>
>>11541362
r8 routine pls
AM
>shower, rinse face off without drying
>apply cerave facial cleanser to still-moist skin
>after washing away the suds and drying my face, I use half a pump of cetaphil moisturizer

I exercise twice a day, after exercising I just rinse my face off with water

PM
>dampen face, use cerave facial cleanser
>apply Acne.org BP cream on acne spots
>go to bed

This ensures perfect skin when my diet is free of sugar, wheat, and dairy.
>>
>>11542490
after following this routine for a while, i no longer get pimples, but curiously, I do get red acne marks on my temples and chin that wax and wane according to my diet and general skin maintenance levels.

are these acne scars that get inflamed if i eat sugar or something?
>>
Has anyone here tried microdermabrasion? I kinda want to try it for PIH.

>>11541362
AM:
>Avéne Cleansing Foam
>Avéne Mattifying Fluid
>Avéne Cleanance Sunscreen SPF 30

PM
>Avéne Cleansing Foam
>Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel
>John Masters Organics Vitamin C Anti-Aging Face Serum
>Avéne Mattifying Fluid

Every 2 days:
>Glamglow Super-Clearing Mud Mask Treatment

I have normal to combination skin (a bit oily now that it's so hot) with PIH and occasional pimples (I use 5% benzoyl peroxide on those). The AHA and vitamin c serum are meant to work against the PIH and I feel like they have.

>>11541486
There are lots of peel-off masks. Glamglow recently released one that's metallic-looking. It's called Gravitymud.

>>11541587
I use it in combination with an AHA and it has helped. I've never used the two separately though.
>>
>>11541486
A lot of peel of masks look like they're doing stuff, but very few are actually effective. The gel actually balls up into gunk which looks like its come from your pores, where in reality its done no such thing.

>>11541829
Chemical. BHA/AHA.

>>11542093
I had a friend who took Accutane, his lips looked awful for a bit but his skin really did have massive improvement. Get some decent chapsticks and ride it out.

>>11542393
Personally, anything sulfate free as sulfates fuck with my scalp.

>>11542496
Its usually dairy that aggravates peoples acne, try a few weeks without (or very little) dairy.
>>
>>11541343
just bought freeman peel off mask

excited to try it out

anyone have any recs for those black peel off face mask? i want to try that next
>>
>>11541362
lush ocean salt face wash
thats it...
>>
>>11541343
What's the best matifying moisturiser with 20+ SPF protection?
Help /fa/gs
>>
>>11542421
seconding this
>>
Anyone know how to get rid of wrinkles under eyes whenever smiling?
>>
>>11543084
just don't smile
>>
How can I combine AHA & BHA? Should I use them every second day, or same day? How would you go around doing it?
>>
>>11543268
What's the difference between them? They are both the same kind of acid right?
>>
I noticed acne.org products aren't in the recommended section of the FAQ. I've been using them and they have been working, but it has been very limiting on my lifestyle. Are the products in the FAQ better? or should I stick with what I have?
>>
>>11543444
BHA is Salicylic Acid

AHA are Gycolic, Lactic and Malic.

The difference being that BHA can break down oils, and AHA's can't. IIRC. AHA's make you very susceptible to the sun because of their effect, whereas BHA's don't.
>>
>>11543492
The AHA acids - are there any differences between them? Or do they all do the same thing?
>>
>>11543513
Its how quickly they work their way into your skin, I think the order from quickest to longest is Gycolic>Lactic>Malic

Malic is the least irritant to your skin as it takes longer, its not as aggressive, so if you have super sensitive skin and want an AHA get Malic.
>>
>>11543518
Interesting. Malic then, for example, would it mean that after applying the product, would I have to wait longer (say 10-15 minutes) before applying sunscreen? Is that how it works?
>>
>>11543527
Aslong as the product is dry.
>>
File: 1974 PH-929 (2).jpg (130KB, 1200x806px) Image search: [Google]
1974 PH-929 (2).jpg
130KB, 1200x806px
Good organic or all natural toners/moisturizers?

Also can anyone vouch for glam glow masks?
>>
>>11543492
BHA generally refers to salicylic acid in skincare, but there are multiple different kinds of beta hydroxy acids, of which salicylic acid is just one of them.

Salicylic acid (and other BHAs) can't break down oils. That's not its purpose. Salicylic acid is just generally a bit more oil-soluble than most kinds of AHAs.

Both AHA and SA makes the skin more sensitive to sun, since they both increase epidermal desquamation, but AHAs are generally more photosensitizing compared to the same amount of salicylic acid.
>>
>>11543535
>Also can anyone vouch for glam glow masks?
I'm >>11542539 and would recommend them. You could also use indian healing clay mixed with apple cider vinegar, that's what I used before. The difference is that the Glamglow mask stings for the first ten minutes and then starts to calm. The indian healing clay/apple cider vinegar combo prickles and keeps tightening your skin till it hurts like fucking hell. I can't keep it on longer than 10 minutes and the skin is slightly irritated after which it isn't after the Glamglow mask.
>>
>>11543566
Yeah this sounds about right, my knowledge isn't the greatest.

Though I thought no definitive link between BHA's and Sun susceptibility had been made, I may be wrong though.
>>
>>11543595
https://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/salicylic-acid

>Salicylic Acid is also known to increase the skin’s sun sensitivity by 50%.

http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductsIngredients/Ingredients/ucm107943.htm

>Use sun protection if you use a BHA product.

http://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-06-22/surprising-things-that-can-increase-sun-sensitivity

>Check for ingredients such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs like glycolic acid), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs like salicylic acid) and tretinoins (like Retin-A). Each of these agents strips the outer layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, which makes the skin more sensitive to the sun.
>>
>>11543613
I doff my cap to your higher knowledge
>>
>>11543618
:^)
thank google
>>
Rate or suggestions for change?

AM:
- Biore Charcoal cleanser (on Clarisonic)
- Shave: Muhle R41/KAI Stainless blades, Taylor of Old Bond coconut shave cream, Apollo badger brush
- L'Occitane Cade after-shave balm
- Kyoku Eye Fuel
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer, SPF35

PM:
- Anthony Algae Facial Cleanser (with Clarisonic)
- Kiehl's Facial Fuel
- Neutrogena Spot treatment (if necessary)

Every third day:
- Daiso charcoal mask
>>
How do i know if i need to exfoliate? Right now i only use a cleanser and a conditioner
>>
Thoughts on mineral oil? Please respond.
>>
>>11544346
It's too large to clog pores, so it's harmless. A lot of sensitive cleansers use it as an ingredient.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.