[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucking selvege denim bro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (124KB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 770x515px
I was looking at some budget, supposedly quality jeans. Out if their huge selection, I followed the 2013 trend (older?) and got some dark navy, unwashed "skinny" (slim) selvege denim. Fuck.

Question: what do I wear this stuff with, shirts and jackets?

Oh, and that shit with the cellphone outline is going to happen again, isn't it?
>>
You can wear dark navy with anything. Come on man.
>>
>>11539825
Also if you don't want a cellphone outline just wash them more.
>>
>>11539861
I thought youre not supposed to wash unwashed?

Thanks for the tip though. I was also thinking about getting a dad phone holder, so that I don't get radioactive sperm that can survive contraceptives and spawn superheroes.
>>
>>11539939
They're just jeans. Wash them like any other jeans if you don't care about/don't want high-contrast fades.
I buy unwashed because I think most pre-distressed/washed denim is ugly.
>>
File: 20160721_160541.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_160541.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>11539825
Levi's 501 stf 8 months no wash. Everyday wear and I love them.
>>
File: 20160721_160532.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160721_160532.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>11541375
Starting to see nice fades.
>>
>>11539825
If you want to give selvedge denim a try get the unbranded brand they're about $80 14.5 oz. But they're sanforized that's the only thing I don't like.
>>
>>11541375
>>11541379
did you shrink them before wearing them?
>>
Man it sure feels like 2012. Are you also looking into CDBs?
>>
>>11541643
>jeans are a fad
yikes
>>
>>11541660
Selvedge denim is you fucking faggot. Do you have anchor tats and a waxed beard?
>>
>>11541665
Selvedge is a callback to vintage jeans and traditional methods. Some people don't realize that selvedge =/= raw or unwashed.
>>
>>11541660
raw jeans were a (terrible) fad
>>
i fell for the selvedge denim meme about 5 years ago.. all in all, my jeans look pretty cool, but , all things being considered, i dont think its really worth it. theyre more trouble than theyre worth. you cant really wash them and toss them in the dryer. you have to soak them in the tub and hang dry. also, theres the hemming issue, becaus most likely youll either have to get them hemmed or cuff them and look like a tool. on top of that, be prepared for them to bleed on everything, as the dye will get on your shoes, your couch, your underwear. all that trouble so you can have some ok looking fades that no one really gives a shit about except you. on top of that, theyre twice as expensive as regular jeans. do yourself a favor, just say fuck it and go to the gap and get a 50 dollar pair of jeans and be done with it.
>>
I fell for the raw denim meme about four years ago and I'm very happy. The bleeding was fine, didn't get indigo stains on anything. The fading looks good. The material and colour on my PBJs looks great. Fit is perfect.
>>
>>11541618
Yea. I buy them 1 size larger than what I actually wear, soak them in super hot water (make sure they're inside out) then walk around and bend and stretch while wearing them until dry.
>>
>>11542158
If anything washed jeans are a fad. Most jeans sold up to 1970 were unwashed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.