[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mbg/ - makeup & beauty general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: _0001_Concealer_RO.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
_0001_Concealer_RO.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>what products you use
>recommendations
>tips
>blogs you like

a few helpful links: (definitely a work in progress, if you have any more recs, please don't hesitate to share)
>into the gloss
https://intothegloss.com/
>cruelty-free & vegan makeup
http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/ultimate-guide-to-cruelty-free-makeup/
>cult of pretty
http://www.cultofpretty.com/
>>
File: 1458937953759.jpg (473KB, 768x3285px) Image search: [Google]
1458937953759.jpg
473KB, 768x3285px
Bump
>>
>>11523161
I like women who wear makeup like with whore thickness and contour the fuck out of it not realizing it was gay makeup artists who started that trend by applying it to women to cover over all their surgery and fillers and doesn't actually serve a purpose if your face isn't 'toxed up.
>>
>>11523161
How do you guys and gals moisturize your hands? Do you have a routine or specific products for making and keeping your hands soft? I was told for the first time yesterday that I should moisturize, so clearly my lotion I use hasn't been doing the trick.
>>
>>11523712
cetaphil
>>
I was out at a local festival yesterday and I can't work out if the amount of girls who don't understand undertones has skyrocketed or if it is just a result of the current make up trends making it more obvious.

Highlighter with a clear colour shift looks so fucked up in the wrong undertones I'm not sure how they don't realise this. They're looking like period drama women in the midst of a fever. It's giving them a sickly sheen.
>>
>Products I use
I'm a big fan of Hourglass products. I've swear by the mineral veil primer and the ambient lighting powder. I use the powder as a setting powder and it's great for blurring imperfections, light on the skin and gives a healthy glow.

I also recently purchased my first Chanel lipstick in the shade Cecile (432) - it smells heavenly and is honestly the nicest lipstick I have ever used. Hydrating, super smooth application - looks flawless. Good investment.

>Recommendations
Don't be afraid to use brown pencil eyeliner. I see so many women/girls using black pencil to line their eyes and it makes their eyes 1. smaller and 2. trashy and borderline angsty teen-emo. Obv black liner has it's place but only when applied properly.

>Tips
The best way to wash your makeup brushes that I have found is by using baby shampoo. Do not wash your brushes with hand soap - it will dry them out. You can use your normal shampoo and conditioner but I've found personally that using a baby shampoo & conditioner works best and easily removes makeup from your brushes.

Also I'm struggling to find a good medium to full coverage foundation. Currently using Born This Way by Too Faced but it's a little oily on my skin. Contrary to this I have used the NARS sheer glow foundation which is too dry... Can anyone recommend? Would prefer cruelty free/vegan.
>>
>>11524425
u buy lipstick for the SMELL?
women man....cant live with them, difficult to create babies without them.
>>
>>11525140
If sometimes is so close to your nose it's hard to not notice the smell, and a bad smell can ruin a lipstick.

Not the person you're replying to, and I don't buy lipsticks for the smell, but I have not bought lipsticks because of their smell.
>>
>>11525155
*if something
>>
>>11523712
I have a tub of nivea creme by my computer that I apply to my hands very often, some times unconsciously, or like, automatically.
>>
>>11525155
just as a guy I have no idea how much Chanel costs for makeup but I assume you are paying heavy price for the brand name so buying based on a name and a smell for lipstick seems silly. If I were grill I'd only use liner and stain and maybe gloss because lipstick up close has a really weird look to it that only looks nice in like high /fa/ settings to my eyes but then I'm a gay guy, makeup wasn't made for me to wear or enjoy lookng at.
>>
>>11525350
does it feel nice to fap with?
>>
>>11523712
I use L'Occitane's hand cream. About once a week I sleep with cotton gloves on to really let the moisture soak in.
>>
>>11525409
Did you not read the post or something. You don't buy for the smell, but sometimes a bad smell can ruin a lipstick and prevent you buying it.

And lipstick formula differs greatly between brands, so with lipsticks especially you're often not just buying for a brand name - extreme cases like the louboutin lipsticks excluded. I can buy a £4 rimmel lipstick but find it's worn off after 30 minutes and a drink, feels heavy on my lips and has a smell that makes me feel slightly nauseated. Or I can spend £24 on a nars audacious lipstick, have it stay on all day and feel comfortable and not be bothered by the smell.
For a board like /fa/ where h&m is derided for poor quality and longevity despite its cheap price it seems ironic that make up would be held to the opposite standard when it's stuff you're putting on your face.

And if you were to wear make up you wouldn't wear those. Liner alone often feels thick, dry and uncomfortable and gloss feels thick, heavy and sticky on the lips most of the time, and any wind causes a head of hear to stick to your mouth.
A decent stain is good though.
>>
>>11525409
Nah man. Chanel lipstick isn't that much more expensive than normal lipstick. A Mac lipstick is around $20. A Chanel lipstick costs around $30. The formulae are really nice and last FOREVER, without being remotely drying. A friend of mine wore one coat of a Chanel lipstick for an entire night at Berghain. Even after sucking A LOT of dick and coming home at noon the next day her lipstick was perfect.
>>
NARS CREAMY CONCEALER
>>
>>11524425
Do you wear moisturizer underneath Nars sheer glow? In my experience it wasn't drying at all and I have quite dry skin.

I have dry skin and I used
>>
>what products you use

FACE

Primer - MUFE Skin Equalizer
BB cream - Smashbox BB Water (usually only wear BB cream in the daytime and foundation for special events)
Foundation - MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover
Concealer - Nars Creamy Concealer
Highlighter/bronzer/blush - UD Naked Flushed
Finishing powder - Shiseido translucent pressed powder

EYES
Eye palette - UD Naked 2 or a Chanel quad
Mascara - Benefit Rollerlash or Diorshow
Eyeliner - UD 24/7 glide on for pencil, Stila stay all day for liquid, Bobbi Brown long wear for gel
Brows - Benefit Ka-Brow cream gel
Eye primer - Urban Decay primer potion

LIPS
Varies a lot, but my favourite lipsticks are from Bite, though I have a few from Guerlain, Chanel and Nars that I love. I also really like Lime Crime's Velvetines. My favourite lipliners are from NYX just because the colour variety is good and the price is decent. I don't usually use lipliner. I use a regular balm from L'Occitane and an exfoliant from Bliss. I used to use a Dior lip plumper but I'm kind of over it now (it works well, I just don't care much for having plumper lips?). I did recently buy a tinted lip balm from Dinoplatz that gives my lips a nice colour and also makes them look fuller. It comes off as a bit glossy but it's not sticky so I don't mind. I don't wear lipgloss often.
>>
>>11525512
I wish bite was easier to get hold of in the UK. I'm really after trying some, but shipping from Sephora unless you spend an obscene amount is absurd, other online stockists that ship to the uk seem to be out of stock constantly and I'm too suspicious to buy off amazon. It's a shame because I hear nothing but good things about them.
>>
>>11525441
but you pay for the name. I'm sure someone has made a nice formulation of lipstick that isn't with RImmel or whatever cheap ingredients but it doesn't sell well, even at a lower price than Chanel, because it doesn't have the brand name women trust and love or a signature scent. Would you women buy a no-name brand with no scent just knowing it had the same pigments as the Chanel? Maybe hypothetically yes, but in reality, most would go for a familiar face.
>>
>>11525797
Kiko sells well because it's cheap and well formulated, and I buy plenty from there so yeah it's not just brand name, but the point stands that with make up, until the past few years when drugstore and high street brands have started to improve their offering (and still generally aren't up to the same standards overall) the mid and higher end brands were where you'd find quality.

It feels like you're looking for an argument with something you barely know about in all honesty.
With make up, unless it's something extremely basic like a brow pencil or it's nail polish, with traditional brands you almost always get what you pay for.
Sure Loreal and Lancome being owned by the same company means you eventually get a trickle down of technologies and you can generally find similarly formulated products with cheaper ingredients a year or so after the release of the higher end version - but by the time that happens they've generally already improved on it and something newer and better is available for a higher price elsewhere.
>>
>>11525819
i mean its just odd nobody will admit you pay, in part, for label recognition, and for distinctive perfuimng. Like there's no reason lipstick needs to have a smell but customers might like certain ones. There's no (to my knowledge) pigment monopoly on the best ones so any no-name company should be able to reverse engineer any fancy cosmetics with a GC-MS machine and sell dupes.

Does lipstick technology in 2016 still really improve to the point where like say compared to 2006 the lipstick works better or has a nicer color saturation?
>>
>>11525837
First off, things aren't just pigment. You can look up any cosmetic ingredient list and see that pigment alone doesn't make a product. You can even take products with similar ingredient lists and test them against each other to see the difference quantities of ingredients can make. Reverse engineering would be pretty difficult.
Look up Stephanie Nicole on YouTube. She does a lot of good ingredient breakdowns in reviews and similarity comparisons to show how different formulas work.

And yes, the technology really does improve that much. I started wearing make up in 2004 or so, and the things I could get 8-12 years ago are worlds apart from now. I'm not a fan, but matte liquid lipsticks are an excellent example of that. 10 years ago they were essentially unheard of, then limecrime's velvet ones got popular and 3 or 4 years ago they started a very limited trickle down to drug store but were available in a few mid range brands, these days they're in every other display. There's still a big discrepancy in quality, and most traditional drugstore/high street versions don't rate too highly for people but internet/social media brands like colourpop are doing well and have spread through word of mouth not label recognition, but the ones I see most often raved about are in a higher price bracket like Kat Von D's offerings. Mac's offerings haven't been as popular because the Internet has allowed people to read reviews and not blindly accept the brand recognition you're so concerned about, but the most popular ones - barring colourpop - are still tending to be mid range or indie brands. This time next year or so, maybe, the drugstore offerings will improve even more. So there's an example of the improving technologies for you and how people have been choosing their brand of choice.

And it feels like you're making some weird link between label recognition and being ripped off.
>>
>>11525909
so is that quality improving in terms of what science is capable of or merely just trends changing to different finishes and color palettes?
>>
>>11523505
Absolutely everyone contours these days. Any ad with an attractive woman has contouring makeup on.
>>
Can I make the tip of my nose look less flat with make up? It's a little flat desu for it to be an aesthetic male nose
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.