[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to find the perfect fitting pair of jeans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1a37e8a3.jpg (101KB, 634x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1a37e8a3.jpg
101KB, 634x1024px
Why is it so hard to find the perfect fitting pair of jeans?
>>
>>11474470

get a decent fitting pair + tailor = perfect fitting pair of jeans.

shit is easy
>>
>>11474470
Because you probably don't have a body type like the guys you are comparing your 'perfect fit' to

Because you don't know how to explain to a tailor how to fit your jeans

Because you can't discern the quality of denim

Because you werent born with an inane sense of style

Jeans are literally the most basic thing to get to fit right. If you cant get your jeans to fit well, I'd absolutely hate to see how you wear anything else.
>>
>>11474476
>go to tailor
>ask him to taper lower area of legs to be less baggy
>he's an old man and gives me some serious shit for it
>calls it a faggy style more or less
>he agrees to do it anyway
Thanks m8, just go easy on the bants, my feelings are about as soft as those wool trousers
>>
File: mfw.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>11474519
>my tailor is an asian grandma with an apparently /fa/ grandkid so when i ask for tailor my pants she knows exactly what i want
>>
>>11474476
>>11474490
What should i ask my tailor??? I don't want to just walk in and say "I need this tailored" I've never done this heifer sorry for the dumb question
>>
>>11474519
lol
>>
>>11474591
well what the fuck do you want done to them
>>
>>11474612
This is the problem. Everyone is just like "buy jeans get them tailored" wtf do I ask for though? I like slim straight got jeans do I ask for that?
>>
>>11474622
Say you want them tapered from the inseam to fit more tightly around your legs.
>>
>>11474622
you can literally just explain to him/her what is wrong with them ie the legs are too wide from the knee down, they are too long, the waist is too big etc.
you usually use the terms taken in to reduce the size, and taken out to increase the size
also knowing the names of the different parts of the pants can help and also the different types of cuts
im sure if you showed him a picture of how youd like them done that would probably be beneficial
>>
>>11474631
>>11474650
Thanks this helps a lot. Now I won't feel like a noodle when I get some of my old jeans tailored
>>
>>11474658
you should also read up about the different things tailors can alter
some things such as adjusting the waist or the rise too much can throw off the fit of the jeans and you would likely need to get the whole pants recut from scratch
>>
>>11474666
Thanks for all the info seriously. I couldn't find all this info before thanks for clearing up. I have some old jeans in my closet where the bottom are to wide.
>>
I hope everyone on this board reads this:
Buy a sewing machine, Google sewing machine with serger.
200$
Go to thift store, fine some quality but shit fitting jawns. Get a lot of pairs.
50$
Go to mall, find some that you like but that "just don't fit quite right because of 'x'".
20-50$

Go home, watch some fucking sewing videos on youtube, especially ones that talk about making your own pants. Use the ones you bought from the mall that are "okay" as a template and modify the thifted ones.

Final step: profit, become a more well rounded person, and stop wasting your money on shit.

Doesn't even take more than a saturday to do. There is no excuse. I've had great fitting pants ever since. They are pretty much rip offs of zara jeans that fit me well, but the material and fit is better than anything I have been able to find thus far, even for hundreds of dollars. I still own some rick and other designers, but only cause I don't have the skill to sew it myself or the balls to rip apart the clothes for the template of the cut.

Uniqueness of cut is where the real money comes in.

Getting 1000 pairs of great fitting pants is easy.
>>
>>11474751
or pay my tailor $10 a pair to do this flawlessly and spend my time doing shit that actually matters to me
>>
>>11474755
>hobbies
>doing shit that actually matters

very un-effay
>>
>>11474470
because you're not 5'6 with pipe legs?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.