[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

daily reminder that you should evaluate an outfit as much as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

daily reminder that you should evaluate an outfit as much as possible through the wearer's own terms and intents rather than your shitty personal biases which have no rational backing
>>
File: 1313779487210.jpg (90KB, 340x339px) Image search: [Google]
1313779487210.jpg
90KB, 340x339px
did someone call you out on dressing like shit or
>>
File: 805fa080_LWAD_1.jpg (56KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
805fa080_LWAD_1.jpg
56KB, 640x509px
>>11466564
nah i see too many people shitting on rick or loosewave fits with no justification other than i dont like this. i dress pretty boring mate (white shirt, black chinos, leather derbies)
>>
>>11466571
well in any case it's usually difficult to do that since most outfits posted here don't come with a statement of intent attached
>>
>>11466573
also, simply saying "i don't like this" is ok really, taste is subjective
ideally people should include reasons that they don't like it but whatever
>>
who cares nikka
just do your own thing
theres no point trying to convince or argue with the morons that populate this shithole
stop spending so much time on 4chan and go outside
>>
File: yy-ss16.jpg (48KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
yy-ss16.jpg
48KB, 480x720px
>>11466573
intent is implied through how the pieces are put together and you dont have to be a genius to figure it out. if a person wears polo shirts, chino shorts, and boat shoes then we judge it based on how it is as a prep outfit and not with the same parameters as someone wearing full rick

>>11466576
if i say a dad wearing baggy lightwash jeans, ill-fitting t-shirts, and skechers has a better outfit than pic related, am i justified in it or do i have bad taste?
>>
>>11466627
there's no such thing as "bad taste"
your taste is based upon your experiences, and as such everyone's is a little different
your taste may be uninformed, certainly, but it's incorrect to label it as bad when it just is
>>
>>11466640
but still you say that they are uninformed which implies some sort of source of information present to obtain taste. surely that source must have some sort of standard to filter out whether a statement is informed or uninformed? if not, then wouldn't it be inadequate to call it uninformed?
>>
>>11466706
think about when you were a kid, maybe you were playing around with your mom's clothes and you put on a bunch of mismatching patterns or colors because they looked cool to you at the time- as a child you hadn't developed the sense to put together normal outfits
same idea, as you learn more about clothing and fashion your taste in the same broadens and you learn how to better match clothing, and hopefully gain a greater appreciation for all sorts of different styles
>>
File: img_im_work16_b.jpg (75KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
img_im_work16_b.jpg
75KB, 416x600px
>>11466729
exactly my point. as you learn more stuff, you get information. there is bad information and good information. some sort of quasi-standard must filter between the good and the bad or else, as you pointed out, we would all be dressing like children. this standard dictates whether information should be learned or not. you previously argue that taste is defined in terms of being informed or uninformed and this standard should filter out whether something is uninformed or not. thus, we can define bad and good taste as a gradient of information based on this standard and call someone wearing baggy jeans and skechers as poorly dressed and the previously provided yohji runway pic as well dressed without having to result to lazy subjectivism
>>
>>11466775
i can't continue my argument without contradicting myself, but the bottom line is that information has only the qualities that we assign to it
if you believe a fit is bad, it's bad for you
if i believe it's good, it's good for me
we're both right, and both wrong
wear what you want and don't let autistic kids on the internet stop you
peace
>>
This

I stopped making fun of people dressed poorly in my head and it let me focus more on developing my own personal style. I'm happier now
>>
>>11466864
im not doing this for myself but for anons like >>11466867 so they can actually pursue fashion they enjoy with a solid community that has their back. maybe im expecting too much from a chinese cartoon forum but baby steps y'know?
>>
>>11466982
i commend your effort, but the best advice you can give anyone is lurk more
>>
>>11466864
I agree that taste in any kind of aesthetic is subjective, but in my opinion, what separates the dad example and Yamamoto or Miyake is artistic intent. When you see the average fit in a WAYWT thread, I feel that only the smallest amount of personal artistic influence is going into those outfits, usually only stemming from what /fa/ has told them. But when you look at pieces from designers that break the traditional mold, you're truly looking at pieces of art. I guess that's just because of a multi tiered system, you have trends and fast fashion, and pieces of expression.
>>
>>11467041?
i seriously doubt that yohji, issey, or your favorite designer is doing what they want because they have something deep down they want to express. basic art history says that this whole art as expression idea only came to us at the dawn of the 20th century. by doing so, you do away with all the great pieces of clothing constructed during before that idea became the norm because they were not made to express and indeed a lot of clothing is not made or designed to express.

also, self-expression implies some knowledge of the self in that you need to know yourself to find something to express about and i would love for you to show as to how this knowledge is obtained
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.