[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that ruin otherwise nice looking clothing...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: vented back.jpg (38KB, 742x800px) Image search: [Google]
vented back.jpg
38KB, 742x800px
Whats your pet-peeve, /fa/? What is one thing on clothing that just utterly makes it irredeemable?

I have 2 things. 1 is a vented back. I just dont fucking get it. There are better places to put in vent holes if you want to regulate temperature (armpit vents)
Other is when wrist band cuffs get too long. 1-1.5" seems ideal, but theres a few hoodies i have that have 2" wrist cuffs that i feel i have to fold inwards or else it looks silly.

What say you, /fa/?
>>
>>11392260
I cannot stand elasticated hems on trousers
>>
>>11392260
W2C that jacket
>>
>>11392301
OP here
I have it(though mines two tone. Top half is grey, bottom black. And without the hood) and its shit. Nike junk. I like the fit tho.
>>
>>11392325
Ahhh it's a wind runner, they also happen to have those irritating storm hoods where the front of the collar is either too big or too small
>>
>>11392325
>nylon sports jacket
>nike junk
>love the fit though
>>
>>11392338
Yeah, which is why i opted for the hood-less version. I'll add that to my list:

3. When the collar cant be fully zipped up unless you have the hood up, and at which point it makes you feel/look like kenny from south park.(great for raincoats, but beyond that its just a nuisance)
>>
>>11392345
Whats the confusion?
+ Its a windbreaker with a good fit.
- Its nike, so the quality isnt great and its got an ugly back vent.
>>
>>11392353
>quality nylon running jacket
>quality nylon
>>
>>11392347
>zipping a sports jacket past the logo
>>
>>11392389
Are you having a stroke or something? I said the quality is shit. Yeah, nylon is inherently shitty, but the stuff pumped out by nike is worse than most.

Is this what /fa/ has become? Contrarian memes spouted off by retarded people?
>>
>>11392404
>I have never used sports equipment as they were intended. I buy $700 arcteryx jackets to wear around campus, and i dont realy understand why they're expensive or the design choices that were made, but all the other cool kids wear them, so whatevs

Honestly /fa/... wtf? You're just as bad as the faggots who all wear their $1000 canada goose winter coats... You're just 12-18 months ahead of them.
>>
>>11392407
Nike is good quality sportswear and lasts for years. Fit is also generally good. It's not a cashmere tracksuit nor does it advertise that it is but it's not an hm jacket either.

Anti fast fashion for the sake of it is a meme.
>>
>>11392413
Because I know how sports jackets are to be zipped? You zip them to the logo and let the collar part.
>>
>>11392420
>Nike is good quality sportswear and lasts for years.

LMFAO... Dude, i do a LOT of running, cycling and outdoor exercise. There is no fucking WAY nike makes good quality exercise gear. As far as recognizable brands, they are at the very bottom.

>Anti fast fashion for the sake of it is a meme.
Since when was nike considered fast-fashion? Do you know ANYTHING about what you're talking about?
>>
>>11392433
Yeah, you sound pretty hardcore. I wear shorts and a tee shirt for exercise. Nike fits and lasts years. Techwear is also a meme. Watch Rocky 4 a few more times.
>>
>>11392473
lol. I'm the guy who actually uses my shit properly, and now i'm getting called some try-hard by a tool on /fa/ who lectures me on how to zip up a fucking windbreaker, and that his $40 walmart nike jacket is the pinnacle of exercise equipment.
>>
>>11392493
Watch Rocky 4 dude, my method will always win.
>>
>>11392298
this - elastic hems are horrible
>>
File: ew_burberry.jpg (380KB, 1299x1683px) Image search: [Google]
ew_burberry.jpg
380KB, 1299x1683px
>>11392260
Belts on coats.

Seriously. If you're a guy and there's a belt on your coat you're literally a fucboi.

Too feminine to ever work.
>>
superficial zippers and pockets
>>
>>11392828
it looks good tied up behind the coat, dickhead
>>
>>11392433
Nike is shit, but I love my Nike Gyakusou running jacket and leggings, they defintely put more budget into that line because they are impeccable.
>>
>>11392433
>>11392473
>>11392493
>>11392497
kiss already homos
>>
>>11392260
Vented backs also keep the fabric from sticking to your back and help create a more natural looking structure to the jacket.

Longer wrist cuffs are definitely to taste, but I personally love the chunkier break a folded over cuff gives things like a sweatshirt.

>>11392828
Nah dog, just nah.
>>
>>11393013
Post one guy in a coat with a belt that doesn't look like a fucboi.

You literally can't.
>>
>>11393013
>Vented backs also keep the fabric from sticking to your back and help create a more natural looking structure to the jacket.

Unless its nylon, in which case it sticks to your back, regardless. The mesh inner-lining is probably supposed to prevent it, but at least in my experience, it gets saturated with sweat after the 2nd mile, and is totally useless past that point.

I tried using it as a running jacket 4 or 5 times. Then i gave up, nikwax'd it, sprayed it with DWR and now use it as a light rain jacket. (If i run when its too cold out, i put on a shitty no-name drifit jacket and accept that i'll be a sweaty mess at the end)
>>
File: stevemcqueenbarbour.jpg (84KB, 675x500px) Image search: [Google]
stevemcqueenbarbour.jpg
84KB, 675x500px
>>11393048
>>
File: ewanmacgregorbelstaff.jpg (294KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
ewanmacgregorbelstaff.jpg
294KB, 736x952px
>>11393048
or this
>>
>>11393050
Solid point.
>>
>>11393068

nice ascot fgt
>>
>>11393068
>tries to prove men in belted coats look good
>posts an ascot fucboi

Anon please.
>>
>>11393068

mission failed
>>
File: houdini.jpg (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
houdini.jpg
89KB, 1000x1000px
OP: that windbreaker looks like shit

>>11392389

why hasn't anyone pointed out that this anon is a moron? nylon is the best material for a windbreaker for a long shot. and some nylon weaves are among the most expensive textiles. just outright wrong.

>wears cotton outerwear
>>
File: 1363739434696.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1363739434696.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>11392260
Things that ruin otherwise nice looking clothing:
when manlets or fat people wear it
>>
When women wear it. Can't men have anything? I sound like a butthurt MGTOW but for fucks sake, what clothes do men have that are really theirs anymore? The necktie? The suit isn't male only anymore. The tie is only safe because even dikes will only wear bow ties ironically
>>
>>11392298
They're fine on stuff like joggers but I've seen them on khakis and I agree with you there
>>
>>11393354
Madras shirt, cargo shorts, big logo ralph lauren, the list could go on...
>>
>>11393354
Why do you feel the need for there to be exclusives?
>>
>>11393354
Does that really bother you? Jfc
>>
>>11393354
If anything it is a testament to the versatility and sound design of mens clothing.
>>
decorative buttons and epaulettes
>>
>>11393354
Is it bad that I agree with this? As soon as women start to do or wear something it's ruined.

Women start wearing your favourite sneaker? ruined.
Women start to frequent your favourite bar? it's ruined.
Women join your uni interest club? r u i n e d
>>
>>11393354
I see where you're coming from. Its socially acceptable for them to appropriate our clothing and shit, but if we wear dresses or...

wait, wtf? I'm pretty anti-women(think Milo Yinnofofluffogus) and even i dont give a fuck about that shit... Though its kind of funny how whiny women bitch about the patriarchy and shit like that, but the most extreme feminist of them all try to look as much like men as is physically possible.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.