[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is it possible to cut a t-shirt that is too long and make it look good ?

i don't have a sewing machine.
>>
>>11390893
ok
>>
>>11390891
>>11391160
Of course you can crop your tee. However, you can't leave the edges untouched. If you don't have a sewing machine, learn some basic hand stitching, it's a useful skill to have. Then finish the edge by either folding or double folding it, you can also iron it down before you start sewing.
>>
>>11391178
>11391178
did you ever try something like that ?
>>
>>11391178
Hand sew a botton, ok
Hand mend a seam... ok.
Hand sew a line longer than 10 cm, nfw
>>
Look up a guide to handrolling seams if you don't mind a more lax look.
>>
>>11391285
Yep, I've sew (don't know if it's irregular, lol) several garments on my sewing machine and a few by hand entirely. Nowadays, I mostly buy cheap, unfitting stuff from thrift stores and adjust them. It's a lot cheaper usually, a lot more fun and it feels good overall.

>>11391324
You just need to practice. 1000 stitches in and you won't have problems with tapering your jeans without a sewing machine.
>>
>>11391633
I have tried to do it, but it's really hard for me.
Any particular tip to help me get better at it?
>>
>>11391178
unless anon figures out how to hand stitch a chain zigzag stitch, this is pointless
>>
File: majic.jpg (52KB, 720x491px) Image search: [Google]
majic.jpg
52KB, 720x491px
>>11391668
It's kinda hard for me to explain in English since there's a lot of tailoring related terminology in my native language, but I'll try.

Practice is crucial here. It might take few weeks to learn it before you can actually apply the skill, but trust me, it's really worth it.

First of all, start with thicker and heavier fabrics, like waxed canvas, woolen twill or something similar. However, the bigger the holes in between single threads of the fabric are, the worse. Cut it into some reasonable shape of reasonable size and use it for training.

Then get some a little thicker thread that doesn't match the garments colour and a needle or two with slightly bigger hole than usual (so you don't struggle with getting the thread through).

Now draw some lines on the "practice sheet" you made and try to follow them with basic stitch (running stitch, I believe), while trying to keep every single stitch exactly the same size (go for like 5 millimetres in the beginning) as the previous one.

Once you manage to do like two meters of the running stitch to your satisfaction (you can use this for hemming the shirt, but it's not very durable), move to backstitch (Google the thrill, it's quite easy) and repeat the process. It's basically the only stitch you'll ever need if you master it.

Once you get to do it automatically, you can watch tv shows with subtitles while sewing with no problems at all. Remember not to make any stitches bigger than 5 millimetres, even size down once you are comfortable, quality shirtmakers use 6 stitches per cm for example.

It might feel hard at first but again, it's a useful skill that can totally transform your buying policy of off the rack fashion.
>>
>>11390891
It's possible, but since it's a knit fabric, it's gonna be a pain in the ass, so unless you have a pretty good machine and a decent amount of experience, it's not gonna work.
>>
>>11391740
thanks, I'll start practicing with heavy fabrics.
>>
>>11391740
this is great thank you
>>
>>11391818
>>11391842
Y'all welcome guyz.

It might sound stupid, but learning to sew really made buying new shit a lot more enjoyable for me. Wish u both luck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.