[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rick Owens is overpriced just like Nike shit >"But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (32KB, 466x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 466x408px
>Rick Owens is overpriced just like Nike shit
>"But it's handmade with the best frabrics and is totally worth $500 for a shirt"
>And how much does it cost to produce the shirt?
>"..."
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x547px
Can be said for almost any designer brand
>>
If you believe h&m and uniqlo prices are justifiable thats probably a start. If anything they're cheap cz production cost are pushed down low and a lot of their workers are doing minimum wage.

Quite a few designer brands (not all mind you) have their production cost bumped up for paying substantially more for labour, be it in first world countries or acceptable wages in others (i.e. not peanuts).

Then you get the fabric and materials used, where they're made, which more often than not is different from mall brands. 100% wool pants from say schneider is not going to be the same with 100% wool pants from uniqlo +j. a lot of designers use really niche fabrics.

And then you have the design aspect. Companies like zara and and asos get a bad rep for copy pasting designs (essentially, plagiarizing) while some designer items are designed with a conceptual idea in mind all the way till its realized. That also takes time. Time = money.

Thats just a part of it, i'm sure there's more i havent touched on. And quite a few designer brands imo purely ride on the fact that they're designer and their reputation throughout the years (LV, burberry, gucci, the like), nothing wrong with that. At the end of the day they're a business and if people buy their stuff, what reason would you have to cut down prices?
>>
>how much does it cost to produce the tatoo?
price of ink, needles and ink caps, $10-20 tops
>then why do people pay $1,000+ for tattoos?
for skill the artist has and time he spends to make it

then add the markup for the brand name, and you got an answer for clothing aswell
>>
>>11358718
Rick Owens clothes are certainly not handmade
>>
>>11358718
Rick or olmar+mirarta has outsourced a lot of their work to Romania and other countries as of late.

The few pieces that are made in Italy are just the pieces Rick subsidizes like all the blazers to brioni etc which in the last 3 seasons isn't true anymore
>>
i agree op
thats why i buy reps, same quality for about 95% less
>>
>>11358770
Rick Owens uses slave labor in Moldova for the pieces you wear

The Romanian shit is leathers and I've never seen anyone wear a Rick leather on this board produced after 2011

You poor fucks

James perse plebs
I buy made in us when I can and when it's a premium product like litespeed bike frames or if machine lower receivers made in San Diego etcetc
>>
>>11358773
>>for skill the artist has and time he spends to make it

So why is rick shit garbage?
>>
>>11358838
Can you explain why Rick's designs are objectively shit?
>>
>>11358844
Because he genuinely is out of ideas and resorted to hype marketing tactics to sell clothes.

Penis turtle necks, black women stomping show, models wearing models etc etc is all cheap garbage that takes the attention away from the product and transitions it from a designer garment to a lifestyle brand

I would argue that Rick Owens is a life style brand and no longer a traditionally presented runway label
>>
>>11358787
>>11358801
>>11358824
>>11358865
shut up fat spic
>>
>>11358865
You didn't explain why rick's designs are shit. I don't even like rick owens and I agree with you about him taking the attention away from the product but I don't think his designs are shit, they're just boring at this point.
>>
>>11358718
but where else would I get the double layer drapey silhouette that it's not just another fuccboi ripoff
>>
>>11358880
Lazy pattern making sold as revolutionary fits

And run of the mill products presented in a neutral color pallette

He has some notoriously bad ideas and worse implementation

Scuba leather, milk blistered lamb anything and the infamous pod shorts which are a mainstream meme
>>
>>11358718
>"I can't afford thing so I will convince myself the thing is shit and then get mad when people disagree"
>>
>>11358894
StoplikingwhatIdon'tlike.jpeg
>>
I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL
>>
>>11358902
I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL
>>
>>11358905
>I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY FOR THE LABEL AND I PAY FOR THE STATUS I PAY TO SHOW THE INTERNET AND I PRAY TO GOD THEY LOVE IT, I PAY FOR THE STATUS AND I PAY FOR THE LABEL
>>
>>11358899
Find one piece and tell me where Rick did anything special to it that reflects any attention to detail paid in the patter drafting process.

Not not something lame like a ragalan sleeve or a hidden pocket that's fashion student 101

Show me something that shows promise and talent that is clearly depicted in his work.

I'd wager you can't
>>
>>11358894

>sold as revolutionary fits
this has nothing to do with the clothes design

>presented in a neutral color pallette
there's nothing wrong with that, I'm not saying rick does it right but your argument is not valid

>He has some notoriously bad ideas and worse implementation
kek, are you even trying?

>Scuba leather, milk blistered lamb anything and the infamous pod shorts which are a mainstream meme
pls stop, I asked you about design
>>
>>11358912
Do you live your whole life on the internet?

Have you considered that not everyone thinks the internet is that important?
I own rick and I've never once posted a fit pick to the internet.
>>
>>11358912
Better delete this before someone comes here and steals it, anyone good at rapping wanna put together an /fa/ rap? Vocaroo this shit
>>
> X is Y just like Z shit
>"But it's A with the best B and is totally worth M for a C"
>And how much does it cost to produce the C?
>"..."

-
This logic can be applied to almost anything, don't be such a cretin.

>>11358865
>>11358894

Sieg, nobody even respects you here any more.

You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, you don't know a single thing about fashion, clothes making or marketing.

Runway shows are called shows for a reason, did you ever watch any of Alexander McQueen's shows? As a matter of fact, I can assume you've never even been to a show in your life.

But worst of all, you spend your whole day on /fa/ talking about how much you hate fashion - What do you even achieve out of it?
Everyone please add "Sieg" to your blacklists.
>>
>>11358915
Why is this so important you?
Go outside, make some friends, get laid, and enjoy your life.
>>
Wow you just owned everyone!!!!
>>
>>11358718
NOTHIN GETS PAST THIS GUY
>>
What's with all the Rick hate threads lately
>>
>>11359149
Rick is shit
>>
File: thisiswhatsieglookslike.jpg (81KB, 652x652px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatsieglookslike.jpg
81KB, 652x652px
>>11358926
Nah, I love posting this pic of him and Mexican Susan Boyle too much to blacklist him.
>>
File: 1462629889699.jpg (2MB, 1263x4949px) Image search: [Google]
1462629889699.jpg
2MB, 1263x4949px
get learnt newfags
>>
>>11358926
>any more
>>
>>11358931
this is a fashion forum retard
>>
HAHAHA
>greentext sarcastic reply haha
Cuck!!! Xd

Rick is so shit becayse I said so hahah my opinion will change /fa/ forever!!!

Is it time to start a CCP hate thread yet guise?? His shoes look soooo dumb hahahahahaha

>Need to remind everyone I hate fashion again

I only wear superior clothes like Ralph Lauren lol

R Stans a meme guise?? :/
>>
>>11358902
>status
>look like a high school emo clown
>>
>>11360181
>actually believing this
ever been to a waywt thread recently?
>>
File: a.jpg (47KB, 329x317px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
47KB, 329x317px
>>11360201
>He spend $1000 on a t shirt
>>
>>11360098
tl;dr?
>>
>>11358746
looks like a print for a raf shirt, just spread it out
>>
>>11358718
What you say when you can't afford it...call it "overpriced"
>>
>>11361735
needs more overlap for raf desu
>>
>>11361752
What do you say when someone buys garbage... Call it "retarded"
>>
File: YOUR MOVE RAF.png (332KB, 884x810px) Image search: [Google]
YOUR MOVE RAF.png
332KB, 884x810px
>>11361771
>>
>>11361949
put the noose in the top left corner desu sempai
>>
File: YOUR MOVE RAF.png (322KB, 884x810px) Image search: [Google]
YOUR MOVE RAF.png
322KB, 884x810px
>>11362006
>>
File: raf simons ss17.jpg (226KB, 850x1120px) Image search: [Google]
raf simons ss17.jpg
226KB, 850x1120px
>>11362050
masterpiece
>>
File: YOUR MOVE RAF.png (321KB, 884x744px) Image search: [Google]
YOUR MOVE RAF.png
321KB, 884x744px
>>11362067
final product
>>
>>11358924
Give me a beat and ill do it.
>>
>>11362094
Or perhaps he was just wondering why you would shoot a man you just hung with a rope?
>>
>>11362574
>>/tv/
>>
>>11362067
now make the bigcartel and get rich
>>
>>11360098
This is good.
Tl;dr designers ask for more money to maintain their status as a high-end designer.
>>
>>11361037
>>11365091
We aren't fucking reddit you filthy fucking plebs
>>
File: 1463818964740.jpg (154KB, 2048x1302px) Image search: [Google]
1463818964740.jpg
154KB, 2048x1302px
I have a few rick tops and I love them. They're like that old shirt you've had for years that wrap your body just right, are worn just thin enough, and you feel the most comfortable in all day, yet will not completely disintegrate within the next few months like said "old shirts". Also the general aesthetic fits me well personally.

That said, I've also wondered why they're so expensive exactly. I mean, they are my favourite and so I guess worth the money for something you completely enjoy wearing (also see:sales)...but still, I can't see upwards of $250 for a tee.. Am I missing something?
>>
>>11365105
Yes we are
>>
>>11360098
Anorak is so autistic I love it, something to be said about autism in fashion
>>
>>11365141
you're missing a couple of chromosomes for buying into rick's shit you stupid fucking mongoloid
>>
>>11365379

kill yourself my dude
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.