[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cores vs Trends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 3R5EFwt.jpg (209KB, 1092x724px) Image search: [Google]
3R5EFwt.jpg
209KB, 1092x724px
So guys, I wanna see what you guys think. I'm genuinely interested since a lot of my friends who are fashionable but don't go on boards and forums always wear what's a trend, but I always wear cores.

I was wondering what the /fa/milia thinks and prefers.

I personally like cores a lot since they're much more sustainable, proven by how palewave, normcore, techwear and cozy core have been around forever and no matter how much you hate it there will always be a following for them. Can't can't say the same about yeezys in a couple of years.
>>
>nigga still on the cores and trends bullshit

It's all about waves mein familia
>>
>>11341569
Same shit different names
>>
>>11341625
hahaha, no.
>>
trends are less a manifestation of self expression and are really just what everyone else is doing, while a core is more of an image you identify with and remain loyalty to.
trends come and go but cores are more stable because of their inherently personal nature
>>
>>11341625
>>
>>11341651
this was cool but in the last line he shits himself and devalues everything he just said by saying the terms are pretty much undefinable lmao
>>
>>11341651
Alright I get it, waves are a macro term while cores are micro. So like I can be a normcore palewave or a loose wave techwear.

Been here for over a year and haven't seen an explanation of this. Thanks anon
>>
>>11341680
sounds like he's just saying >inb4 cherry picked counter examples
>>
jesus christ just think for yourself you little faggot
>>
>>11341776
I do think for myself that's why I said I prefer cores more than trends. I just wanted to see what others think because I'm genuinely interested.
>>
>>11341796
>what's an original thought? what core is this? where 2 cop?
>>
>>11341368
>core
a general term for an aesthetic/way of dressing
>wave
a push towards new types of cores
>trends
wearing whatever is popular bc its popular
>>
File: 1459348849097.jpg (1MB, 1008x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1459348849097.jpg
1MB, 1008x1344px
My advice would be to never limit yourself just because of a "core" or "wave" you are interested in.

Pick up things you like from outside the cores you enjoy. It does not matter if it does not seem to fit with the core. What matters is if it fits with YOU.

Also don't wear a specific item you don't like just because it's a common item in a core you like. If you wear it you will just end up being a slave to that look without really being yourself.

I see it too often. People latch onto some core or wave to guide them or relate to because they cannot think for themselves and are not confident in making their own decisions.
>>
File: IMG_20160529_132848.jpg (579KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_132848.jpg
579KB, 1564x1564px
>>11341825
Noted, I try to keep my wardrobe as diverse as I can though I tend to lead to the faded colors and monochrome scheme.
>>
just wear what you like and develop a taste for a selection of designers/brands over time. It'll all work out breh.
>>
I summon you from the depths of the 10th page. Use this bump wisely
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.