[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 38

File: frederic-malle.jpg (278KB, 1282x1600px) Image search: [Google]
frederic-malle.jpg
278KB, 1282x1600px
Last thread >>11265421
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: frag.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frag.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
File: 1463346050416.jpg (93KB, 738x422px) Image search: [Google]
1463346050416.jpg
93KB, 738x422px
I want to get some real Avant-Garde scents.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>11296280

re: Diptyque, their EdT and EdP versions of a scent perform about the same as one another so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. The main differences are that their EdPs are usually richer scents. With Philosykos, the EdP is more focused on the fruit side of fig, sweeter, a bit creamy; the EdT is more green and fresher, more about the fig tree.
>>
>>11296621
look up stuff by Commes des Garcons and Etat Libre d'Orange. they are readily available and relatively cheap while still being on the conceptual side of things

2bh most houses aren't "avant-garde", there really aren't too many that are truly experimental, and even then, they still aim to produce a pleasing scent

anything in particular you are looking for?
>>
>>11296648
Just anything "bizarre"

CdG fits the bill, and I am looking into more of their scents. But I wanted to know if there was anything else out there. Just anything at all that was even remotely "avant-garde"

Thx m80
>>
>>11296634
Hmm. I love philosykos but it almost disappears in less than an hour on me. I like the green/fig tree aspect of the EDT so I'm afraid I'd be disappointed by the EDP. Most other fig fragrances I've tried have been just okay.
>>
I see you anons recommending Kouros here from time to time, but I worry about copping blindly. Particularly the civet note is of concern. Is Kouros or Body Kouros safer as a blind buy? I don't know where I'll find a store that has tester bottles of both.
>>
>>11296301
I got recommended Voyage Nautica and Cool Water. But on fragrantica they're shit.I'm new to this so I'd rather trust fragantica
>>
>>11297098
In the sub-$35 price range your best bet is Versace Signature. Under $25, I like CK One. I personally dislike Cool Water and Nautica Voyage.
>>
>>11296653

l'artisan does some fragrances that are really out there. timbuktu, dzing, foud d'absinthe, Dzongkha, Méchant Loup
>>
>>11297451
none of those are really weird or unique, well maybe if you only know modern mall-tier scents

>timbuktu
typical vetiver chypre, similar to CdG 2 Man or Le Labo Vetiver 46 but with a touch of fruit and greenery

>fou d'absinthe
classic fougere, with a hint of Anise sweetness to modern it up some

>dzongkha
only "out there" as much as CdG's Incense series is
>>
>>11296621
Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist

very pricey though. And It gets Fragrantica users to wax more poetic than usual (not a good thing 2bh, but it shows how rapturous some get about it)

>The fabled one. The mystery of the earth, the one and only perfume to wear when you go to your horses and gallop from earth to heaven
>If you could spray on a painting by Barnett Newman, or a photograph by Cindy Sherman, it would probably feel like wearing Iris Silver Mist. Because this Lutens elicits the same sort of questions that modern art does.
>dank, moldy ashtray accord, very cool, and quite unpleasant... bitter carrot skin... develops an industrial drain cleaner vibe.
>Postapocalyptic iris. Iris, as described by the tribe of feral children in Mad Max.

as for brands that are more about/have pretentions of "concept," though not necessarily "avant-garde":
Histoires de Parfum
Imaginary Authors
CB I Hate Perfume
Olfactive Studio
Escentric Molecules
Slumberhouse

and on the gimmicky side of things, Demeter has scents like "Lobster" and "Funeral Home" among others
>>
>>11297818
I copped Demeter Cannabis Flower and it smells exactly like the weed rice krispies treats they sell at my local pot shop.
>>
>>11296612
>Frederic Malle
Heard a lot of positive things about them. What's good?
>>
Looking to get either cdg odeur 53 or some type of mad et lin. Anyone have experience with these?
>>
>>11297070
I'm wearing Kouros right now, for the first time. It's not a blind buy unless you know you like animalic scents. Smells very much like an animal or urine. Something most people would dislike, but some find it pleasant.Body Kouros is a safer buy. It's pretty linear. but it's a nice, sweet smell.
>>
>>11297451
>>11297619
Loup kind of smells like piss to me. So it's a little weird.
>>
>>11297070
No such thing as a safe blind buy, but BK is safer, but not nearly as awesome as Kouros.
>>
>>11296612
Is tokyomilk any good? Looking for a new fragrance to wear daily.
>>
>>11298918
i've only tried a few, but wasn't too impressed and they smelled kinda cheap. also, they were linear and not very complex if you are looking for something that develops over the wear time.

the one i sorta liked was La Vie La Mort from the TokyomilkDark line with the edgy designs and names, so maybe try scents from them if you are interested.
>>
which Dior privee frags should I try?
>>
>>11296653
Secretions.
Magnifique.
>>
File: DSC_0095.jpg (776KB, 1536x1632px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0095.jpg
776KB, 1536x1632px
Fresh arrivals. First impressions are very positive. Vetiver just feels like one of those fragrances that every guy should own, especially at about $26 for this tester. It layers very nicely with the Mugler also, adding body to the light Cologne scent.
>>
hey Bondfag (and anyone else for that matter),

I'm interested in trying these out if you have any thoughts about them:
Bleecker Street (I know this is one of your favorites)
Brooklyn
Chinatown
Coney Island
Cooper Square
I Love New York For All
Manhattan
New Haarlem
New York Amber
New York Oud
West Side

thnx bbys
>>
>>11298974
feve delicieuse is like a shitty tobacco vanille
whole collection is a joke desu
leather oud literally smells like a barn
>>
>>11298974
Bois d'Argent
Eau Noire
Granville
Patchouli Imperial
Oud Ispahan
>>
>>11299296
>Coney Island
in the vein of VIW but smells even cheaper than Set Sails St. Barts
>>
>>11296621
Lanvin Avant-Garde :^)
>>
>>11299296
BLEECKER
>>
>>11299296
>bleecker
crowd favorite. super nice sandalwood/cedar along with fruity notes
>brooklyn
one of my favorites. leather/pepper/grapefruit. about to buy for every day use including in office
>chinatown
too much cardamom, a bit over the top
>coney island
cheap tequila
>cooper sq, ILNYFA
haven't tried
>manhattan
too rich
>new haarlem
smells like breakfast in heaven. I put it on some times at night when I'm studying. chicks nut over this
>NY Amber
all these are great, don't miss sandalwood
>NY Oud
the rose note smells a little cheap but short-lived (think shampoo) but the oud base to it holds for hours and it perfect
>west side
vanilla + old lady. the candle does it better
>>
I messed up. I put on Salvador Dali pH on one arm maybe 2 hours ago, and then my vintage Bandit samples came in the mail and I had to try it, so I put it on the other. Feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a heavyweight bout or an argument between two large Puerto Rican women.
>>
>>11298211
Don't bother, unless you want to layer with other fragrances
>>
>>11298211
The thing about Odeur 53 is it's so light and avant-garde that it's very transparent. Sample it first, because even though people say never blind buy anything. NEVER blind buy a really bizarre fragrance like this.
>>
>>11301751
one or two things to add
>the whole NY line is great
NY Musk sucks.

other fragrances that I highly recommend from Bond
>Shelter Island
marine oud - there's a citrus note you could mistake for floral. highly, highly recommend. my favorite fragrance and always gets compliments. dries down very gently, makes for an awesome intimate fragrance.

>Fire Island
like super fancy coppertone. if you want a lighter take on this try Neroli 36

>ILNYfME
pretty gay indeed. predominantly cedar with some dark fruits behind it. like a gay christmas tree. I wear it out a lot.

>Riverside Drive
have a 10mL of this that is also a compliment grabber. as promised, "indie maleness". the basil does a lot to rope in the pineapple/vetiver.

>SOPFH
imagine if Axe phoenix smelled good

>Wall St
strong seaweed scent can be nauseating in colder weather (as others have side). impeccable when drinking in warm weather

>Bond Signature
quite similar to Noir de Noir in my mind. an elegant version of Shelter Island and pretty close but much better than NY Oud. very expensive (295/50 ml). lasts for hours and hours. beautiful rose v tonka combo.
>>
>>11302581
>Fire Island
I'm not overly impressed with Bond, but I love this scent to a near obsessive degree. Not sure I could tell you why, though, as I don't even know myself.
>>
What do you guys think about Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche? I remember smelling it a while ago and thinking it was fucking great. just snatched one up for cheap for the summer
>>
>>11302635
I own it and it's great for summer nights. I think it can be a bit too much of a cloud if it's really quite hot though. Wear it with a white shirt and grills will be moistened.
>>
>>11302635
I have regular Chanel Allure and I love it
>>
>>11299296
>hey Bondfag
hi
>I'm interested in Bleecker Street
Yes. Bond could only improve on this one by making it as ridiculously strong as The Scent of Peace for Him. BS is juicy dark fruit and earthy woods, brightened with unexpected gourmand notes. Terribly unique and suitable for just about any occasion. Autobuy in my opinion, but you know this.
>Chinatown
Sweet spicy floral bomb. For a guy, I see it as a hippie fragrance. On a woman, I think it would come across as a very sophisticated floral. Very intense perfume. Try it for yourself before purchasing if the thought of flower incense doesn't automatically get you hard. FG reviewers say it smells like the inside of the Lush store, which is actually spot on.

I haven't tried any of the rest of your list, but I've been looking at Brooklyn a little.

>>11302581
>NY Musk sucks
Can you share some thoughts on why? I was sort of interested in this one. How about NY Patchouli?
>SOPFH
Axe Phoenix wins the lottery
>Riverside Drive
Is it a casual wear?
>Shelter Island
My mother enjoys her decant more than I enjoy the bottle, but it's growing on me slowly. I've worn it to the beach / pier a few times now. It would be a lovely vacation fragrance.
>>11302618
Fire Island is the scent of swimsuit models on the beach. Sweaty bronzed bodies, shiny with suntan lotion. Wearing it now because that musk is sexy af.
>>
File: mfw39686concernsdf.png (33KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
mfw39686concernsdf.png
33KB, 281x355px
>>11296621
the most famous avant-garde scent:

Secretions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d`Orange

read up on it and you'll see why.
>>
File: 1461526789516.jpg (244KB, 1846x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1461526789516.jpg
244KB, 1846x1212px
>>11303228
>>11299213
>Secretions Magnifique
Vraie Blonde is way fucking worse than Secretions.
>>
Hey guys. i have urinal incontinence. besides constantly washing my cock and changing underwear. the smell of fish broth still leaks through from time to time. any idea's to help with stank?

much love, pissypants
>>
What's the most versatile fragrance around?

I love bleu de chanel but want something that has better performance
>>
File: kouros.jpg (26KB, 672x888px) Image search: [Google]
kouros.jpg
26KB, 672x888px
Who /king of scents and scent of kings/ here? Seriously, this fragrance is the tits. Every time I enter a room, I know I'm the alpha there. I love the fragrance and don't give a fuck.

Fuck those frags where, when you spray them on, you smell pleasant. With Kouros, I'm a Greek god.
>>
>>11303495
Hail to the king, baby! Can't wait to rock it in the summer heat.
>>
>>11303495
I'd like to hear your description of Kouros if it doesn't make you smell "pleasant". Does the essence of leathery weasel anus really add that much to your confidence and aura?
>>
>>11303446
Dior Sauvage (2015).
I've also been rocking Guerlain L'Homme Ideal recently. Nice almond gourmand-esque fragrance. Awesome longevity and fantastic projection but not overbearing.
>>
>>11303446
Terre d'Hermes
Acqua di Parma Ginepro di Sardegna
Etat Libre d'Orange Fat Electrician
Bvlgari Blv pour homme
Lalique White
L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe
Penhaligon's Endymion
>>
>>11303329
diapers?
>>
>>11303495
>>11303608
The official cheap immigrant scent
>>
CdG Amazinggreen
Philosykos EdP
Histories de Parfums 1828

Thoughts on these? CdG seems to have no staying power at all. Shop assistant told me it's something to be sprayed on clothes. Other two seem to be damn good for summer
>>
>>11298974
Bois d'Argent
Ambre Nuit
Feve Delicieuse
Oud Ispahan

Mitzah, Vetiver and Eau Noire are discontinued but if you can get your hands on a sample I would suggest them as well
>>
>>11304354
>Shop assistant told me it's something to be sprayed on clothes
lel trying that hard to make a sale

yeah, Amazingreen is a bit of a disappointment. Philosykos is great, but I prefer the EdT. Reading on Basenotes, the two versions are actually close performance-wise.
>>
>>11304354
>Shop assistant
I can't stand fragrance counter sales reps. They can never leave a guy alone to just sniff their testers and try to push trash like Gucci Guilty or whatever their corporate master wants to move that day. Never make a purchase based on an opinion from a fragrance SA, they literally say anything to get that sale.
>>
File: 4L_Yb2bIhXQ.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Yb2bIhXQ.gif
1MB, 217x217px
I could use some genuine help.

I'm a normie so my favorite go to is Issey Miyake. I just really like fresh light with hint of citrus(?) colognes. But I definitely do not like too sweet or too musky (complete opposite of Issey).

Any pro tips or suggestions?
>>
What are some good summer night frags? I like bleu de chanel( and girls like it too which is nice) but im looking for alternatives. Preferably something that lasts longer
>>
>>11304577
Prada Infusion de Vetiver

>>11304723
Le Labo Rose 31
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 550x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 550x447px
Stopped at Dover Street Market the other day and picked this and Odeur 53 up, love them both so far. Any other good CDG fragrances?
>>
>>11305105
wtf is that logo? looks like a spastic tried to scratch a 2 into a piece of metal.
>>
>>11305116
That's exactly what it is
>>
>>11305116
>>11305118
lmao it is pretty shit, scent is very nice though, kind of inky on the top note before taking on something more floral and soapy later on
>>
>>11304375
>>11304459

Living in Prague means it's all either really wannabe niche places or Sephoras. And the wannabe niche places aren''t too bad but no way to avoid the SA. Amazinggreen has pretty much completely disappeared after 2 hours, never have I been more disappointed in a fragrance. Have the samples of the other two so will see how they pan out.

>>11304577
Depends on your price range but most designer summer fragrances are something like what you're after.

Dior Sauvage 2015 version
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Allure Homme Sport

Tend just be light citrusy crowdpelasers
>>
>>11305105
>Any other good CDG fragrances
the entire Incense series
>>
>>11305105
>Odeur 71
>Hinoki
>Series 3: Incense
>Series 5: Sherbet
>Series 6: Synthetic (Before they decided to discontinue it like the bunch of fucking faggots they are)
>Series: Play

My favorite is Play Red/Green, and Sherbet: Rhubarb
>>
>>11305200
>>11305363
Thanks! Having DSM so close since I moved to London is awesome.
>>
File: 1445937313236.jpg (7KB, 198x179px) Image search: [Google]
1445937313236.jpg
7KB, 198x179px
>>11305434
Hey senpai, please go sample the play trio and tell us what they're like.
>>
File: lolita-lempicka-au-masculin.jpg (61KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
lolita-lempicka-au-masculin.jpg
61KB, 700x700px
What are /fa/'s favorite gourmands?
>>
>>11307017
24 Gold
A*Men
DHI
New Haarlem

and was wondering if La Yuqawam pH could be considered a gourmand, but as the raspberry has a relatively small supporting role, I'll just include it as a footnote.

And I owned a bottle of LLaM, but my dislike of anise led me to get rid of it after a while. Body Kouros gets me in that neighborhood anyway.
>>
>>11307017
Tom of Finland and Divin' Enfant by ELDO
>>
Could someone reccommend some cheap to midrange scents?

I've always just been a "whatever keeps the sweat smell off" type guy and I want to try out different stuff but without committing too much money to one product
>>
>>11307185
>warm weather
Bvlgari Aqva Amara

>cool weather
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme
>>
>>11307017
gourmands are shit. why would you want to smell like a cake or some food thing?
>>
>>11307252
Bitches love dessert, Anon.
>>
File: Aventus-for-Her.jpg (72KB, 320x500px) Image search: [Google]
Aventus-for-Her.jpg
72KB, 320x500px
>Aventus For Her
out in a couple of weeks, so without looking it up, what do you think it will smell like?
>>
>>11307185
Encre Noir Sport
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

>>11307552
Smells like a cash grab.
>>
File: nd.14185.jpg (34KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
nd.14185.jpg
34KB, 300x400px
I have something with patchouli for the afternoons and searching for something for the day.

I tried pic relate in a shop and sort of liked it. I'm looking for something fresh (like lemon) and "creamy" at the same time.
Any suggestion? Either an improved approved version of pic related, or something "fresh and creamy".
>>
>>11307882
>lemon creamy
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
>>
File: nd.18815.jpg (97KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
nd.18815.jpg
97KB, 300x450px
>>11307882
>>11307893
>Edition Blanche
Yep that was the first thing that popped in to my head. Another fine option, more of a creamy orange than lemon, is Eau Aimable.
>>
>>11303219
desu don't really remember why I disliked NY Musk so much. maybe it was just a bad reaction w my skin.

riverside is definitely for casual wear.

thinking when they do the refill deal (june this year) I'm do brooklyn + riverside + new haarlem. also considering a 50mL of Signature instead of riverside.
>>
File: SQT.jpg (21KB, 270x300px) Image search: [Google]
SQT.jpg
21KB, 270x300px
>>11307893
>>11308195
Tried [Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche] and think I like it.

I like it now more, after half an hour, than at the first second.
Maybe I go with this, although I'd actually like something "fresh and creamy" but still more masculine than [Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche].
>>
File: ElliotRodgers.png (1MB, 842x707px) Image search: [Google]
ElliotRodgers.png
1MB, 842x707px
>>>/r9k/28696041

approve?
>>
>>11308238
i know that man
>>
>>11308352
I'm new to cologne and fragrances and shit
How bad is cheap perfume? And how long does cologne last for you guys
Don't wanna spend a lot on something that runs out quick
>>
>>11307882
Dior Homme Sport
>>
>>11307185
Warm Weather:
Bvlgari Aqva Amara
Dior Homme Cologne
Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme
Mugler Cologne
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Versace Pour Homme

Cold Weather:
Boss Bottled
Burberry London
Dior Homme
Dolce & Gabbana The One EDP
L'Occitane Eau des Baux
Mont Blanc Individuel
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
>>
>>11308463
I second these
>>
had a chance to try out bleu de chanel and terre d'hermes today
the chanel fragrance is super generic, hermes is a bit tangy. maybe I applied too much
>>
File: 20160520_172516[1].jpg (604KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160520_172516[1].jpg
604KB, 1920x1080px
His and Hers, I guess it's pretty generic.
I like the Hugo one.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-20-09-24-26.jpg (459KB, 780x1530px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-20-09-24-26.jpg
459KB, 780x1530px
Rate my order
>>
>>11308764
not to my personal tastes mostly, but pretty good and fairly balanced.

Voyage d'Hermes doesn't get enough recognition around here. It, Grey Vetiver EdP, and Encre Noire Sport are wearable year-round; the Guerlain is a decent spring/summer, and Encre Noire for fall/winter

should last you a few years, too, unless you get bitten by the collecting bug and end up with dozens of bottles you'll never use for the rest of your life :^)
>>
>>11308764
pleb af, and you don't need that many. you could have copped 1 or 2 Bonds/Creeds/TFPB plus 1 or 2 L'Artisans/Serge Lutens with that cash
>>
File: 1434113883048.jpg (384KB, 1346x991px) Image search: [Google]
1434113883048.jpg
384KB, 1346x991px
>>11308798
>muh niche
>>
>>11308764
>>11308790
I've been wanting to try Voyage d'Hermes, how is it?
>>
>>11308831
it's a light spicy scent mostly, gingery (tho fragrantica lists the main spice note is cardamom), plus a splash of citrus with some green and a little wood as it dries

typical Hermes, typical Ellena, it must be said, but one of their best executed ones
>>
>>11308866
I have L'Homme which is very gingery and spicy as well. Are they similar?
>>
>>11308881
YSL? dunno. haven't tried that one yet.
>>
>>11308764
Oh shit, I bought this last night too. GV is a good vetiver. VdH is nice for summer. EN is amazing for colder weather or rainy days, but I wear it once or twice a year in LA.
>>
>>11307228
Everyone seems to love L'Instant but it smells awful to me. Not like its actual notes at all.
>>
>>11308798
>don't need that many
you can never have enough different fragrances
>>
>>11308647
Im so sorry
>>
Alright guys, I know I'm late to the party but I finally got to directly compare Aventus with that clone everyone was talking about. Club de Nuit Intense Man.

I have to say... I might like the clone more than the original? It has a bit of a more agressive sourness over the smokey smell that I like.
Aventus probably has the better projection and longevity though.
>>
>>11308798
>Suggesting niches
>Suggesting that crap

I fucking love /fa/. You guys know like two niche perfumers and suggest them every single time.
>>
>>11309347
nice sour grapes, poorfag
>>
>>11309379
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>11309347
tbf only a handful of niche houses are actually worth the money
>>
>>11309407
Creed sure as hell isn't one of them and most of Bond isn't either. They are pretty much the most boring and safest 'niche' choices around.
>>
>>11309441
>Creed sure as hell isn't one of them
Agreed.

Bond's only decent because they have some actual good scents and you can find them on the grey market. The prices they charge is absolutely fucking absurd.

There's so many much better niche brands out there.

Smell Bent, CdG, DS&Durga, etc.
>>
>>11309338
I own full bottles of Aventus as well as Club de Nuit Intense and Insurrection Pure II. My personal preference is for Insurrection over Club. As you note, Club is pretty harsh smelling. I have a hard time getting used to its sharp opening. Insurrection more closely matches the relaxed birch note of genuine Aventus.
>>
File: wrdrb.png (67KB, 421x592px) Image search: [Google]
wrdrb.png
67KB, 421x592px
Going to the movies tonight with a girl I'm seeing.
It's 64°F /18°C with some light rain showers so I'm not sure what to fragrance to wear because of the humidity.

Any ideas?
>>
>>11309774
Allure or either YSL would work, unless L'Homme becomes really fruity on your skin in humid conditions. They're safe scents and work in most conditions.
>>
best perfume for summer? any price
>>
>>11309950
The Different Company Sel de Vetiver as an everyday, Amouage Dia Man for nights out/special occasions
>>
>>11309950
Dior Homme Cologne. Such a gorgeous, natural smelling bergamot note. Performance is so-so but you can always carry a decant and refresh throughout the day
>>
>>11309950
Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu...
Bond No. 9 Fire Island
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
Bvlgari Blv pour homme
Creed Virgin Island Water
Creed Millesime Imperial
L'Artisan Caligna
The Different Company Un Parfum De Charme et Feuilles
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Slumberhouse Pear & Olive
>>
>>11309338
>>11309664
I've never tried Insurrection and just like most people, the first time I sprayed Club de Nuit I wanted to throw that shit out. But Club's drydown almost makes up for the opening. The sharp lemon only lasts about half an hour on my skin fortunately. How's the longevity of Insurrection?
>>
>>11309950
My summer favorites:

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée
Guerlain Vetiver
Kouros
Live Jazz
Neroli Portofino/4711
Terre d'Hermès
>>
>>11309950
L'Eau D'Issey Miyake
In summer you can wear lighter stuff, check out L'Occitane if you can, they have perfumes like Verveine Agrumes, it smells super fresh.
>>
File: tmp_7810-62550M-870428309.jpg (44KB, 600x531px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7810-62550M-870428309.jpg
44KB, 600x531px
Tried a tester and it smells quite nice.
>>
blind bought cdg black because someone was reselling it for a fraction of retail does /frag/ fuck w cdg black
>>
>>11312658
It's nice yeah. Do you like it though?
>>
>>11312682
blind bought it for very cheap so im not sure yet ill know in a few days!
>>
>>11304342
Damn you're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>11309950
Hermes' Jardin series
>>
>>11312961
too feminine
>>
File: Mahogany Woods.jpg (39KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
Mahogany Woods.jpg
39KB, 500x499px
This just arrived and I if the anon who was asking about it in the last thread is still around, it's really sweet. Almost too sweet for my tastes, especially at first, but the woods keep it grounded just barely enough, like a string tied to a helium-filled balloon. It's actually a very well done scent, especially for the money. It's about 1.5 hours after application and I'd say it's feeling like Pure Malt with sandalwood added. It's not a dead ringer for PM or anything, but as someone who isn't a huge fan of sweet frags, right now I'm thinking it's in the neighborhood enough to make me question if I need both in my wardrobe. Fans of sweet frags will likely love it.
>>
File: gv.png (174KB, 492x656px) Image search: [Google]
gv.png
174KB, 492x656px
>>11299253
Been wearing Guerlain Vetiver since it arrived early this week. It's a fine and distinguished scent on its own, but wow this stuff is amazing at layering. In particular, pair it with any citrus aromatic or Eau de Cologne style fragrance. GV takes the edge off of Bond No. 9 Eau de New York's screeching citrus and darkens Eau Sauvage Cologne into something much more interesting. Pairing GV with TdH ETF yields something that is not exactly original TdH but in that area and still awesome. I'm trying it with everything that makes sense and having fun finding new combinations. It's also convenient to always be able to freshen yourself with GV at midday no matter what you started the day wearing.
>>
>>11313921
I'm still here bro. I don't like really sweet fragrances like 1 million, have you tried that?
I was hoping it'd have the same feel as The One.
>>
Girlfag here, any recommendations for some more, outdoorsy-type scents that aren't too masculine? I really want to smell like cedar, or pine woods, maybe fresh grass?
>>
>>11314861
Price range?
>>
I'm looking for something manly, a rugged type of scent.

Cool, and crisp. Something James Bond would wear.

Any ideas?
>>
I feel for the meme and bought D&G The One. Projection is zero and lasts about 1 hour on me. It's a shame because it smells amazing. Luckily I only got the 50ml version. I need something that last longer and with a bit more projection.
>>
>>11314786
Hey. So I dug out my 1M sample that I hadn't worn in years. It's definitely not as sweet as 1M, which revels in its spicy synthetic sweetness and rubs your nose in it, but in terms of absolute sweetness level, it's really not far behind. It's about as perceptibly sweet as Pure Malt or Havane, Chergui or Valentino Uomo, but at least it's tempered by the woods. As MH dries down, so does the sweetness, but when its projecting for the first couple hours, it's breddy sweet.

And funny you mention The One fM, now at the 10+ hour mark, MH is a skin scent, but it's actually reminding me of that. The woods are the main attraction now and like I said, the sweetness is dialed way down.
>>
So I've been sampling a few fragrances lately.

>spice bomb
do not like. It's just overpowering cinammon the whole way down.
>invictus (for a laugh)
jesus this smells cheap as fuck. doesn't even smell good. wife hated it.
>allure homme sport extreme
Smells good but I'm happy with versace pour homme
>blanche edition
smells pretty good but probably wouldn't buy it
>sauvage
wife and I both thought it smelled like generic soap. Haven't smelled the 'soapiness' of mugler cologne so can't compare but wasn't impressed.
>pure malt
muh dick. I want to eat this cologne
>>
>>11315265

Yeah the one smells so fucking good. Shame it doesn't last but it can be found really cheap so just spray it more often

>>11314861

Creed Green Irish Tweed.

I've been wearing this a fair bit recently and the dry down is so good. Opening is green as fuck.
>>
>>11315930

also

>TdH
eh/10

Maybe I need to try it a few more times but it didn't do anything for me.
>>
>>11315930
how many hours of /fa does your wife allow you to?
>>
>>11315939

I'm up to 1 hour a week using my good boy points
>>
>terry de hermes
>>
>>11315265
EdT or EdP?
>>
File: 1457431286287.jpg (26KB, 268x410px) Image search: [Google]
1457431286287.jpg
26KB, 268x410px
>>11315990

u cheeky kunt m8
>>
>>11309950
Galimard Sportissimo
>>
>>11314861
>Girlfag here, recommendations for some more, outdoorsy-type scents that aren't too masculine

The Different Company Charme et Feuilles
The Different Company De Bachmakov
Serge Lutens Bois et Violette
L'Artisan Bois Farine
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Ginepro di Sardegna
L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe

those last two might be on the edge of too masculine for you, tho

>>11315933
>Creed Green Irish Tweed.
that's very masculine imo, not what that femanon is looking for
>>
>>11315930
>spice bomb
>do not like
Thank you for being a voice of reason. I can't understand how people shill that shit so hard. It makes me nauseous smelling it on paper or from the sprayer, let alone on my skin.

>>11314861
>cedar
Buy some Iso E Super (generic version of Escentric Molecule 01) from eBay. I've purchased from /usr/thetxstate, who also sells Ambroxan (Molecule 02) and Vetiveryle Acetate (Molecule 03) for reasonable prices.

>>11309950
Millesime Imperial to smell like you've spent all afternoon at the beach
Aqua Fahrenheit for cooling herbs with citrus and vetiver
Fire Island to smell of suntan lotion and sex
Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche for a thirst quenching watery sour orange

>>11310950
Insurrection is a 3-4 hour kind of fragrance in my experience. When I've layered Pure with CDNI, the result has been decent. If you're really into Aventus and its clones, Insurrection is worth the $20.

>>11308195
How exactly does Bond's refill deal work and why wouldn't you just buy online / gray market anyway? My understanding is that it's a buy 2 of any fragrance 50ml or larger and get 1x 100ml free. So at retail that's at least $440 plus tax for 3 fragrances, two of which are going to be half sized bottles. Online prices for most 100ml Bond frags range from $120 to $170 (Fragrancenet). Taking an average of $150 / bottle, that's $450 for 3x 100ml with no sales tax. If you're willing to buy testers, you can pay as little as $114 for 100ml of Brooklyn. It just seems like a much better deal to buy gray market even with Bond's promo unless you want a new fragrance that is only available in store (B9 or one of the Saks varieties maybe).
>>
>>11316486
>Creed Green Irish Tweed.
>that's very masculine imo
Chez Bond is a femme-d up GIT in my opinion and would definitely be safe for a girl who is already exploring men's fragrance for herself
>>
>>11315739
Thanks. I have Dior Homme which is similar to Uomo apparently.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks
>>
>>11309664
Only got club De nuit
What do you think are the main differences between it and insurection . without comparing to aventus (not interested in spending that much).

I found club De nuit too pungent. The cupboard I keep it in smells really nice though. The sweet sort of pineapple smell
>>
File: HideousMannequin.jpg (470KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HideousMannequin.jpg
470KB, 791x1024px
>>11316046
G'day Terry
>>
>>11315938
TdH is one of those that isn't spectacular but does what most people want a fragrance to much better than most cheaper options.

It's not a very interesting fragrance to someone who's into this stuff, but it makes me smell better than anyone else in the room without being overpowering.
>>
Best place to buy fragrance in UK?
>>
>>11317347
Fragrance is haram so I'm not sure you can buy it in the UK.
>>
File: rare yung lean.jpg (45KB, 719x953px) Image search: [Google]
rare yung lean.jpg
45KB, 719x953px
can anyone recomend me strong perfume, i mean that for real smell of it'll survive all day

last time i bought ck contradiction, totally not worth it, im complete newbie
>>
>>11316491
the current refill deal is buy one 100ml and anything else (candle, etc) get a 100ml tester free. used to be just any two products so I did it with candles last year.

I know fragrancenet is mostly trustworthy. I bought a bottle of Brooklyn from them and it was terrible, so I returned it. I guess I just prefer to have the assurance that I'm getting the real product.
>>
>>11317360
Retard.
Arabs are the worst offenders when it comes to fragrances, and they're huge consumers of them as well.
>>
My brother gave me some stinks he's had as presents cos he only uses Paco Rabanne 1M

40ml Davidoff Cool Water
Dolce& Gabbana Light Blue

Either worth using or chuck them in the box of never used toiletries?
>>
>>11317987
They're fine. If you like 'em, use 'em. They're yours now anyway.
>>
>>11317987
Throw cool water into a river and keep light blue.
>>
>>11316486

Sorry missed the masculine bit somehow
>>
>>11317752
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Fragrancenet, but I understand what you're talking about with running into a bad bottle. I've had two Bonds that smelled like nothing or like harsh plastic chemicals on the first sprays. I thought I would have to return them until I cleaned out the first few ml of juice, at which point they suddenly smelled as they should. Not sure what caused this.

Fresh Creed bottles exhibit a similar phenomenon where their juice seems to be super weak at first. For me, Millesime Imperial smelled like perfumer's alcohol for the first 48 hours. After I emptied 5 ml into a decant the juice was able to breathe a bit and the scent has steadily strengthened over time. Same experience with Royal Water, which is much sweeter smelling now that the bottle is 20% empty.
>>
>>11319018
yeah, weird. I just had the same thing happen with Himalaya.
>>
>>11296612
>Frederic Malle

just got a sample of Vetiver Extraordinaire and holy shit is that juice good. expensive as fuck though; anyone know of cheap alternatives?
>>
Pure Malt > Pure Havane
>>
Going to Nice, France on a holiday this week, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on which fragrance stores to visit.

I live in Finland, and we only have basic designer stuff here: YSL, Chanel, Dior, Versace etc. I haven't ever tried on any Tom Ford frags, Creed, Diptyque etc. because they don't sell those here.
>>
>>11319762
I dunno about in Nice but if you go to Grasse which isn't far away you can do tours which show you the manufacturing process.
>>
>>11308647
nigga is that lynx?
>>
>>11317987
how about you smell them and decide if you like them? you uncharismatic fuck
>>
>>11319800
tfw this Axe/Lynx wearing motherfucker only owns shit fragrances but has a live-in girlfriend
>>
Thoughts on 212 VIP Man? Just a step away from pulling the trigger on it. Love the cold sweet fruit smell of it.

Any better alternatives in the same genre? I prefer to stay under the $100 range and have something easy to find.

1 Million is too bubblegummy.
The original 212, CH Men and Prive are too cologney.
Black XS was also nice but the strawberry struck me as feminine.
Invictus started out nice, but smelled like AdG once the fruit burned out (that is, it smelled like old boyfriend).
>>
>>11319739
shit > Thierry Mugler
>>
File: 8ydn8KW.jpg (102KB, 720x716px) Image search: [Google]
8ydn8KW.jpg
102KB, 720x716px
What is the best all-round versatile fragrance for a total beginner?
>>
>>11321181
Armani Code
>>
>>11321181
the Holy Pleb Trinity of cheapish mid-range, safe, versatile but still decent scents:

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme
Chanel Bleu de Chanel
Hermes Terre d'Hermes
>>
>>11317396
GUYS HELP ME OK
>>
>>11317396
>>11321336
If your only criterion is longevity, get 24 Gold.
>>
>>11321336
The Scent of Peace for Him
>>
>>11317396
vintage Drakkar Noir, from the 80s
>>
>>11312828
irrelevant

it's still the official cheap immigrant scent
>>
>>11318692
other way around, you uncultured swine
>>
>>11321336
oils/attars
>>
>>11321194
>> "Oh, it's 90 degrees outside and I'm going to hang out with friends. Better wear muh versatile sweet and powdery leather shit scent"

Sure anon.
>>
Guys what Givenchy fragrance I should get?
>>
>>11321200
I regret of getting Chanel Bleu I mean it smells great but nothing special, smells similar to other fragrances
>>
>>11322347
None of them
>>
>>11322360
Yep. Me too. I wouldn't lump TdH in with it, certainly.
>>
>>11322364
It's really that bad?
>>
>>11322347
Just curious, why are you focusing on that house in particular? I own and like Insensé well enough. Hardly ever wear it, though. And of the other ones I've tried, Pi and Play Intense were sweet with nothing much interesting about them, and Givenchy Gentleman was well constructed but too much old school lavender for my tastes, and I like mature scents.

I do want to try Monsieur de Givenchy at some point, though.
>>
>>11322489
It's a nothing designer house, honestly. I can't name an influential or even essential Givenchy Men's perfume. If they were ever great, it was before any of us were born.
>>
>>11322655
Pi and Xeryus Rouge are fairly well-regarded, I believe
>>
File: 71230M.jpg (19KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
71230M.jpg
19KB, 600x390px
Are there any summer (or maybe year-round) fragrances that are "darker" and more unique than all the generic fresh scents while still being inoffensive? EN Sport seems to fit the bill but I haven't had the chance to try it. Any others?
>>
>>11321990
Don't apply too much of it and it'll be fine.There are very few scents truly limited by things like weather and they aren't really common designer scents.
>>
>>11323410
>I don't care I'm suffocating those around me while wearing this heavy perfume in mid-summer.
>>
>>11322360

>chanel bleu

why does this trigger me so?
>>
>>11323410
Armani Code is a shite frag in general family. It's not even good, let alone all-occasion, year-round good.

If anon needs one fragrance for use every day of the year, I suggest Aventus or Aqua Fahrenheit. Guerlain Vetiver works as well.

>>11323865
How do you feel about Blue Channel?
>>
>>11324025

I love it. It just irrationally triggers me when people call it Chanel blue/bleu instead of Bleu de Chanel.

I don't know why. I may have autism.
>>
>>11323367
Try spring/summer stuff from the higher tier designer houses. Hermes, Dior, Chanel... They're richer and more unique than your usual freshy/aquatic.

Even /f/'s beloved CdG is just meh tier in the grand scheme of things. Quirky, but rather one-note as a fragrance line.
>>
>>11323367
Oh and try Creeds. They're cheap on the grey market and they're all year-round performers, if a little subtle.
>>
>>11323532
>I have no idea how to apply cologne

Anon please that's all you're saying. Designer fragrances like that are literally the easiest things to wear year around. Most of them have this slightly citrusy powder smell that works regardless of the season or place because they're unobtrusive and crowd pleasers.

>>11324025

Code is an ok designer fragrance. Nothing groundbreaking but neither is it the worst choice ever.

Then again, actually recommending a $400 dollar bottle of baby first niiche when the dude came out with Code as his first choice just sort of shows that you're repeating what you've heard on /fa/.
>>
>>11323366
Pi is overly sweet shit
>>
>>11322405
How come?
>>
>>11324042
Dude, I get it. Frags have names. I don't understand how people call them something different and expect people to know what they're talking about.
>>
>>11324099
>Most [designer fragrances] have this slightly citrusy powder smell
Wow never heard that. Most? I can't even think of ONE frag that is "citrusy powder."
>>
>>11325100
Because BdC is the epitome of a safe, crowd pleasing, mass market fragrance, but TdH is much more risky and challenging a scent.
>>
>>11325158
I would agree, but people keep bringing up TdH in these threads like it's the blandest shit ever.
>>
>>11325131
In which I don't think you can actually recognize notes or even smelt half the major designer fragrances out there.

>>11325161
>>11325158
Because it's still a safe crowd pleaser at the end of the day. It just comes across as slightly more dated than the others, but it's by no means particularly risky or challenging.
>>
>>11322347
I enjoy Play Intense, Gentlemen Only Casual Chic & Pi Extreme
>>
what does it smell like, is it good? I want to smell nice everyday
>>
terre dhermes is just mandarine, fucking hate it so much, weird thing is I really liked the sample, maybe it wasn't the parfum
>>
>>11325161

I found it bland. Probably not to the extent you're making out, but I will never buy it
>>
What are your summer rotations looking like? Right now I've got:
Bvlgari Aqva Amara, Bvlgari Man Extreme, Dior Homme Sport, Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee, Lalique White, L'Eau d'Issey & Versace Pour Homme and I want to add Dior Homme Cologne & Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche.....maybe Versace Man Eau Fraiche since I can get it for super cheap but right now I'm thinking it would be a redundant purchase if I pick up Dior Homme Cologne
>>
>>11325161
TdH is very well-reviewed and popular scent, but it is hardly safe or bland with its bitter grapefruit and mineralic flint notes. Of course, in a field where you're dealing with not only people's opinions and tastes being different, but where people's noses smell different things from the same scent, you're not going to get any kind of unanimous vote on anything...
>>
>>11325213
>half the major designer fragrances out there
Then please help me out and name a bunch of frags with a cintrusy powder note. Perhaps I have smelled it and never recognized it. Thanks!
>>
>>11325213
I gotta agree with the other anon, I don't notice much powder in most modern designer stuff I smell. Citrus, yes. Powder, no.
>>
>>11325774
At my disposal:

>bottles
ELdO Fils de Dieu...
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
L'Artisan Caligna
Clinique Happy For Men
Armani Acqua di Gio

>decants/samples
The Different Company Sel de Vetiver
Frederic Malle Eau de Magnolia
Amouage Dia Man
Creed Himalaya
>>
>>11325525
Smells like black pepper, mostly.

It's nice, though. Probably the least safe out of the trio. With it being Green > Red > Black.

But Red's not really "safe" as it's very sweet. But Green's nice.
>>
>>11325817
As a follow up, I looked at the fragrantica reviews of some of my designer fragrances and a few of them get called powdery...but I guess I have a different definition of powdery. Erox Realm Men is powdery, but I don't remember D&G The One smelling powdery at all.
>>
>>11325868
>few of them get called powdery
i think they aren't really familiar with how a fragrance "feels" when as it dries, softens and gets close to the skin, which to me I can understand how they can think of "powdery" while not referring to a particular accord or note

i get that feeling with pretty much any fragrance that isn't a predominantly citrus, and even then it still happens
>>
>>11326536
*still happens ocassionally if the citrus scent has a big woody or floral element
>>
>>11325525
smelled literally like food to me, hated it
>>
>>11325774
Dior Sauvage
Bleu de Chanel
Allure Homme Sport
Acqua di Gio Profumo
Millesime Imperial
Green Irish Tweed
Terre d'Hermes
Dunhill Icon
Amouage Reflection Man
>>
>>11325774
My top 10, more or less in order of preference:

Kouros
Guerlain Vetiver
TdH
Grass Oil fM
Set Sail St. Barts fM
La Chasse aux Papillons
Premier Figuier
212 Men
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

And just arrived today: Encre Noire Sport. Exceeded my hopes. As a fan of the original, it is a stellar flanker that could become a summer favorite.
>>
>>11325774
Five for my summer:
Millesime Imperial
Guerlain Vetiver
Aqua Fahrenheit
Al Wisam Day
Aventus
>>
>>11325817
>>11325815
>>11325868
It's not a proper powdery smell. It's just a undertone of heaviness that appears as it dries down to give it some sort of lasting power The predominant smell will be some sort of citrus note

>>11326536
It's more like what this anon said but less a sensation of the dry down and just something to make the fragrance seem less one-note than it really is.
>>
Going to paris this summer, must go to cologne boutiques? Going to the Creed boutique, where else should I hit up?
>>
>>11326967

>>11323367
>> me

Tell me more. Some reviews say that after a while all the citrus notes disappear and the vetiver drydown is almost the same as the original EN. Accurate?
>>
>>11327297
The original smoky Haitian vetiver is always present, from first spray to the 8+ hour mark as of right now, but I'm still getting the calone/aquatic notes, but it's still in perfect balance. Plus, it's still projecting around 1', so I'd consider that a near beastmode for longevity and projection. Not quite as beastly as the original, but I wouldn't expect it to be.

Man, as one who isn't afraid to rock some powerful scents in the summer heat, I would never in a million years consider wearing EN in anything past 65ºF/18ºC, but I look forward to some really hot days where I can test how ENS works in the heat and I have a good feeling about this...
>>
>>11327093
Diptyque
Etat Libre d'Orange
Le Labo

also, there is Nose, which is a "conceptual" niche perfume boutique started by Mark Buxton, the perfumer behind many of Commes des Garçons best known scents
>>
Royal oud or hinoki? Royal oud is sweeter and seems easier to wear (cheaper too) but hinoki has that intriguing camphor+olibanum combo that I don't have in my collection.
>>
>>11309338
>>11309664
>>11316491
If aventus never existed how would club de nuit compare to insurrection?
>>
>>11328163
It's stronger, with at least perceived better projection and longevity, and has that sour note all throughout.
>>
>>11328182
>sour note
damn i bought the wrong one
>>
>>11327093
Guerlain
>>
>>11327940
Where is Royal Oud cheaper than Hinoki?
>>
Here's an exercise for you, /frag/. Put together a shopping cart on fragnet for me, complete fragrance novice. My max budget is $200, and I'd like for this purchase to last me two years or more with daily use. I'm late 20's and live in Los Angeles.
>>
>>11327940
Royal Oud is like 300 something for a bottle. Hinoki is like 100ish. Where are you finding Oud for less than that?
>>
>>11329209
Nigga if you live in LA go to a store and sample some shit before you blind buy on FragNet
>>
File: _10767128.jpg (26KB, 380x583px) Image search: [Google]
_10767128.jpg
26KB, 380x583px
what's your opinion? I bought a sample and I like it, its obvious its a quality fragance but a 170€ seems to much
>>
>>11329332
Too mature and fancy for me but yeah it smells like oud wood.
>>
>>11329342
have you tried any other private blend fragance?
>>
>>11325774
Of the ones you have listed, which one is your favourite for the summer?(im assuming you live in the northern hemisphere). And if its not too much to ask could you give a description of why that is?

I have dior homme sport and i think its decent and im looking to add something new and as it happens you listed most of the alternatives in your own rotation. Im a student and cant really spend that much so i get really picky
>>
>>11329362
Tuscan Leather. Smells like the interior of a fancy car with leather seats. Also too mature and fancy for my tastes
>>
>>11329209
>>11329275
Serious, not only do we have Sephoras (Sephorae?) everywhere that will make you three designer ~1.8ml spray samples every time you visit, but we have Barneys, Saks, Neiman Marcus, whose sales reps love to give out niche samples, not to mention all kinds of niche boutiques in Beverly Hills, AND last but certainly not least, we have the Scent Bar, who will make you 0.7ml dab samples of all their niche stuff.

And if you're too busy to visit places, I've actually had a sales rep at Barneys mail me a bunch of samples for free over the phone. It's a great city to be a fragrance enthusiast in.
>>
>>11329380
>Sephoras

Do they give you those for free?

> Barneys, Saks, Neiman Marcus

I would have to drive 5 hours and cross two state borders to go to one of these stores.
>>
>>11329399
>Do they give you those for free?
Yes and with pleasure. They don't work on commission. And half the time I even ask for some empty atomizers and they have never batted an eye about that either. Got these just a couple days ago at the Beverly Center.

And how's the weather in St. George today? (total guess)
>>
>>11314861
>pine woods
Slumberhouse Norne, it's my fav scent and smells like a tree seeping resiny pine (with a hint of sweetness). If it was on a grill I would marry her.
>>
>>11329332
If price is an issue then check out Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir
>>
>>11329476
>Yes and with pleasure. They don't work on commission.

Whoa, that's good to know. The mall across my tiny town actually has a sephora.

Do you ever get shit going in there and getting free samples without buying anything? I guess it makes sense since you'd need several days trying the samples before coming back for a purchase. It's like a 45 min bus ride though so I'd just go for samples to buy online. Will they catch on if I'm in there often for samples and never cop anything?
>>
>>11329365
Well, I honestly like all of them so I'll try and give a succinct review of each to help you out

Bvlgari Aqva Amara: Has a really nice if slightly synthetic candied orange vibe off the top which settles down into something richer than your average aquatic scent, I think there is patchouli and olibanium in the base. I haven't had the chance to try this out in really hot weather but I think it works really well as a summer night scent. Pretty good longevity and projection. Definite crowd pleaser

Bvlgari Man Extreme: I find this to be very masculine but very modern at the same time. Extremely refreshing and unique off the top, I think cactus is a listed note and that may be the source of this....has a watery vibe as well. This settles down into a very soapy, clean vetiver base. I get great performance from this one but I've seen other reviews state the opposite. This is easily my most complimented warm weather scent

Dior Homme Sport: Absolutely love this. Just screams class and sophistication. Has a smooth, creamy citrus vibe. Performance is so-so. I actually get good projection within the first hour but it settles down to a skin scent quickly thereafter. I don't get as many compliments with this as I do with Bvlgari Man Extreme but what compliments I have gotten have been stellar. I really like this one more at night

Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee: Another one that I find very classy if not slightly mature. You have to like vetiver to like this. Has a very natural smelling lime & mint off the top but that earthy, woody vetiver is always there. Honestly, I see this as more of a spring scent...if the vetiver puts you off than maybe check out the original Guerlain Homme. I like wearing this when I'm more dressed up. Stays on my skin for a long time
>>
>>11329365
>>11329643

Lalique White: Wearing this today. One of the freshest scents I've ever smelled. Actually does an incredible job of translating the color white into a fragrance...if that makes any sense. Very casual. Difficult to explain the actual scent as its quite unique. Lemon Leaf is the main top note...which retains the freshness of the lemon fruit without the sourness. Also has tamarind which gives it a bitter-sweet quality. Has a woody dry down that a lot have said reminds them of pencil shavings. Performance is average

L'Eau d'Issey: Just so easy to wear. One of my go-to work scents. Yuzu is the main citrus note which has a very bitter quality to it. This paired with the white floral notes is what I get for pretty much the entire lifetime of the fragrance. Another one that I find incredibly fresh, just has a vibrant quality. This is a pretty well-known fragrance so you might run the risk of smelling like a bunch of other people but that has never mattered to me. If you like it, wear it, who cares. Also has legendary performance for a fresh fragrance.

Versace Pour Homme: Very familiar smell but just done so well. Lemon & Neroli at the top with a woody dry-down. This and Chanel Allure Homme Sport smell almost identical but I find the Chanel to be a bit creamier while the Versace is more airy and transparent. Incredibly versatile as well, can be worn at literally any time. Another one where performance varies from person to person but it's always been good for me
>>
what does /fa/ think about the Eau de toilette Opium pour Homme by YSL ?
>>
>>11329715
forgot pic related
>>
>>11329188
>>11329226
Gray market testers. I have a capless 75ml bottle of Royal Oud I got for 100 usd. Hinoki I can only get at retail - 120 for 50ml.
>>
>>11296648
Quick note on CdG is that they do more synthetic avant-garde stuff. I like their Odeur stuff particularly because I hate fragrances
>>
>>11329583
I've never gone to one particular store more than once in a month or much more, so I can't answer that definitively, but I would hazard a guess that as long as you don't go once a day for weeks at a time, you'd be fine, and I wouldn't be too surprised even if you went that much they'd still happily hook you up. It is store policy after all.
>>
>>11329715
>>11329720
It's a well done Oriental, but having owned a bottle for years, I never wear it. It just doesn't stand out enough IMO, and by that I mean it isn't a groundbreaking or unique smelling scent, not that it doesn't smell good, or anyrhing. I like the original Opium much more.
>>
>Armani Acqua Di Gio
Is this what everyone should use?
>>
File: eggplant face.jpg (112KB, 800x690px) Image search: [Google]
eggplant face.jpg
112KB, 800x690px
>>11329884
Thank you Anon.
>>
>>11330177
It's what everyone uses already.
>>
File: The Horror.png (1013KB, 930x691px) Image search: [Google]
The Horror.png
1013KB, 930x691px
>>11330181
My pleasure.
>>
>>11308463
thinking about buying L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Anything I should think about before buying/alternative options? just looking for a good long lasting spring summer fragrance that smells distinct and nice
>>
>>11329693
>>11329643
Thanks man, gonna go and try some of these at the store before i decide but im leaning on VPH
>>
>>11308463
>the entry-level & poorfag meme/frag/ starter kit
>>
>>11330771
that's literally what the person was asking for you dip
>>
>>11330771
This is really the only thing I look at on /fa/. Is the rest of the board this unappealingly snobby?
>>
>>11331027
it's a miracle this thread isn't more snobby 2bh fammy
>>
>>11331027
This thread is what brought me to /fa/. I ventured out into the catalog and noped right back in to cozy /frag/.

t. filthy crossie
>>
>>11331027
>>11331086
/frag/ is fantastic, gotta keep the general /fa/ slime out.
>>
>>11330273
some get a "cat piss" vibe from it, though i didn't get that when i sampled it. i guess it can be kinda sharp and sour but not pissy.

it's also not very distinctive, most light summery citruses aren't imo.
>>
Whats the best way to deal with colognes with are too potent?

like 1 spray is too much.

I've heard spraying in the air and walking into it.
>>
>>11331563
One spray to the chest, maybe lower down on the sternum than usual, and deal with whatever; no matter how strong, one spray is still well within tolerable range I imagine. Or you could maybe try to finesse the atomizer to give a smaller spray.
>>
>>11331027
The only reason this general isn't more snobby is because most of you fucks know 2 or 3 houses and that's it.

>>11331563
Spray on wrist and spread would work. Which one are you thinking off that's too strong for even one spray?
>>
>>11331712
>>11331672
club de nuit intense

the aventus clone.

have tried 1 spray on wrist and wipe onto other wrist. ie. the standard method. was too strong

tried spraying onto a tissue then using that, was better but still quite strong

by strong i mean even i feel nauseated at the end of the night by it
>>
>>11325774
Diptyque Philosykos
Creed Aventus
L'eau d'Issey Summer

I'd like some other choices but I'm having trouble finding many spring and summer fragrances that I like.
>>
>>11305105
>Odeur 53
Odeur 71 is better imo
>>
>>11321430
I fucking hate the way that shit smells. It's like the cheapest smelling cologne imo
>>
Opinions on etat libre d'orange?
>>
>>11331909
Is Creed Aventus really that good? It sounds like a must have classic but I am hesitant to do a 150+ euro blind buy. I can't sample it anywhere near me either.
>>
>>11331958
I've owned a bottle since it came out. No denying it's a compliment getter with great performance. Unfortunately it's not that interesting a scent and is too linear, so I got bored of it real quick and almost never wear it. Not to mention more than once I got "you smell like my boss/friend/ex-..." since everyone and their brother apparently owns it or a clone nowadays. It's worth smelling so you know what people are talking about, but I'd recommend sampling first, even if you have to order one.
>>
>>11331958
I hate it personally. The pineapple and birch gets nauseating. Like candied pencil shavings left in the sun
>>
>>11331953
A good house, not afraid to be little daring in their compositions, and cheap by niche standards

the only major slight against them is the edgy marketing and some dumb perfume names
>>
>>11331958
I think Aventus is a great fragrance. It's iconic, distinctive, and high quality. I wear to work it once per week even though I have a large collection. If I get bored or want to mix things up I'll layer some La Yuqawam with Aventus and smell extra fruity / leathery.
>>
>>11331958
It's shit. Don't cop blind.
>>
>>11333009
It's not shit.
But still don't cop blind.
>>
>>11331958
Good, but not that good. I'd go so far to say that it's a top tier Creed and it's worth a blind buy if you can find it below retail, but yeah, sample first.

It's rough and loud and although it smells awesome it also smells unrefined to me.
>>
What's makes a fragrance nauseating and another not?
>>
>>11333699
depends on personal taste first and foremost, then in no particular order: weather, reaction with individual skin chemistry, and if overapplied

e.g., I love white florals but too much jasmine and tuberose and I get ill with a headache
>>
>>11333699
nothing is universally loved. wear what you like.
>>
>>11333699
the presence of civet or other animal excretions
>>
>>11334494
thats all synthetic these days
>>
>>11331496

Seriously? I've sampled it many times and to me L'Eau d'Issey is VERY distinctive. Nothing other than its flankers smells remotely like it as far as I know. I also don't think it's light for a fresh citrus, it's so sharp it's given me headaches with only a couple sprays.

, it's a light summery citrus. It's very sharp for
>>
>>11331953
well, they're the ones that make Secretions Magnifique, so fuck 'em
>>
>>11331953
They're good. Basing them off their intentionally shitty gimmick scents isn't accurate. Vraie Blonde and Secretions Magnifique suck. But they know they suck.

Tom of Finland is really good. But a bit too synthetic, Rien's good, Divin' Enfant is nice if you're okay with smelling a bit strange, Rossy de Palma's also a nice Rose scent, La Fin Du Monde's an okay scent, but it's very weird, so definitely not for everyone.
>>
>>11296612
>Frederic Malle
any place to cop at a discount other than eBay? all the Amazon listings are sketchy as fuck and there's nothing on the grey market.
>>
>>11333699
Whether you like it or not
>>
>>11334765
Are you kidding? It's wholly unremarkable
>>
If you had to pick a maximum of four frags to last you every time and occasion for the next 5 years, what would you pick?
>>
Looking for

>Whisky/Scotch
>Tobacco
>Oak/Wood

Budget of a cheap ass student. Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>11339012

CH men prive for whiskey

or did you want a combination of all 3 (drink/wood/tobacco)?
>>
>>11339065
Might be a note pyramid?
>>
>>11339012
Burberry london
>>
>>11338892
Dior Homme, AHS, Fahrenheit and Aventus
>>
>>11339012
Bvlgari Man In Black
>>
>>11338892
>spring/summer
L'Artisan Caligna
>fall/winter
Diptyque Volutes
>year-round
Voyage d'Hermès
>special occasion
Tom Ford Private Blend Noir de Noir
>>
File: 1461178457359.jpg (42KB, 415x540px) Image search: [Google]
1461178457359.jpg
42KB, 415x540px
>>11296612
Where do i find the best price for the money. fellow EU/fa/.
>>
>tfw you aren't /fit/ enough to even wear a good fragrance

>you didnt work off all the excess blubber late christmas till now
>>
>>11339954
just avoid gourmands, fatty. otherwise people will think you are sneaking pieces of cake in your pocket.
>>
Where should I buy from? is fragrencenet.com good?
>>
So I just copped samples of:
Acqua Di Parma Colonia
Van Cleef & Arpels Gardenia Petale
By Kilian Back to Black
Gucci Pour Homme II
Hermes Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan

How did I do guys?
>>
>>11339954

I'm builtfat (huge emphasis on the fat part) and I wear shit.

Just avoid the more feminine stuff and you'll be fine
>>
>>11333029
>>11331958
yes it is

creed is really good with being unable to make 2 batches that smell the same so in addition to buying an overpriced shitty fragrance you probably have no idea what to expect when you buy one
>>
>>11329332
as a person whos sampled almost everything in the TFPB and personally owns 3 bottles(TV, TL, and soleil blanc) the soleil is for the lady
oud wood is definitely one of the better smelling frags
ranking in my opinion
1.tuscan leather
2.tobacco vanille
3.oud wood
4. noir de noir(at first i loved it but the more i wear it the more nauseating it gets but a real people pleaser)
5.tobacco oud
6. neroli portofino forte
7. everything else
the only frags i have not tried is amber absolute and champaca absolute in which i never really liked the smell of them on cards so i havent cared to wear them
>>
>>11338892
I couldn't imagine not having these in my wardrobe:

Antaeus
Guerlain Vetiver
Égoïste
Kouros
>>
>>11338892
>spring
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee
>summer
Aqua Fahrenheit
>fall/winter
Aventus
>romantic / occasions
Bleecker Street
>>
>>11339012
>>11339442
>Burberry london
Was the first thing I thought of too. Also:

Pure Malt
Mahogany Woods
Tobacco Oud
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (104KB, 986x995px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
104KB, 986x995px
What vintage is this bottle of YSL La Nuit?

I'm thinking of messaging the seller to add a "Buy It Now" price. What's the most I should offer?
>>
>>11341434
http://checkcosmetic.net/ says June 2011. I'll let you check what it's going for on eBay and decide what it's worth to you.
>>
NEW NEW NEW

>>11341538
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.