[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 49

File: aphrodite-phyrne-headshot2.jpg (108KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite-phyrne-headshot2.jpg
108KB, 640x300px
Last one 404'd
Skincare thread

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips:
http://pastebin.com/5QEQgMUp

How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads:
http://pastebin.com/pNuurVyP

Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face:
http://pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6

How to improve your skin tone through diet:
http://pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ

Studies on how diary and sugars create acne:
http://pastebin.com/0H5gag01

How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, masturbation, toxic ingredients, parabens:
http://pastebin.com/g08mFts8

FAQ, complete mirror:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
>>
How should I go about getting rid of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation?
>>
>>11234049
Vitamin C serums are great for getting rid of PIH.

Make sure they're a low pH (around 3 is ideal) and around 20% vitamin c.
>>
>>11234287
Thanks.
>>
>>11234310
Anytime!
>>
how to get rid of blackheads on my nose? I wash my face in the morning and before i go to bed but they won't go away... should i do more? link me products if you guys know any
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 200x200px
>>11234317
Use these like once a week.
Wash your face with a wash meant to cleanse off oils/exfoliating properties to it. Use the pore strip, than afterwards put more warm water onto your nose to get rid of the strip's leftovers. Get a pair of tweezers and with clean hands, go through and get rid of all the leftover blackheads.

Will definitely help. Also stop touching your face, especially the T-zone all day Nig nog
>>
>>11229767
How to remove UV moles
>>
File: _20160501_042539.jpg (1MB, 3120x2938px) Image search: [Google]
_20160501_042539.jpg
1MB, 3120x2938px
I've got this fresh pimple on my face. I used to just pop them with my hands, but the PIH would be terrible. The needle technique seems to leave a little scar as well and sometimes it doesn't even remove all the puss. Any help?
>>
What razors do you guys use? I keep on getting shitty shave bumps with mine
>>
>>11234494
just leave it, it'll go away on its own and it's only little
>>
>>11234374
Don't use pore stips
>>
>>11234494
open the top with a needle, squeeze it gently into a tissue
>>
Hey guys, when I started to shave when I was younger I didn't know how to and I damaged some of my skin. There's dark spots on the side of my face and want to know the best way to get rid of it.
>>
>>11234785
electric razor
then, good ol' double edge blade.
>>
What's a good meal for breakfast if I can't drink any milk or eat any wheat bread?
>>
>>11235091
why not?
>>
>>11235432

Replace milk with soy milk.
>>
>>11233565
Any recommendations for a daily suncream for a person with oily skin? I always get breakouts when I use normal suncream.
>>
>>11235461
will the estrogen combat the testosterone causing acne
>>
>>11234785
You have to learn how your hair grows and learn to deal with a subpar shave that didn't irritate your skin which is much better than a clean shave that gave you red skin and irritation.

Hygiene is much more important than anything else so use things that are sterile like foam and gel instead of brush and clean high quality razors like Mach3 and Fusion.

Apply no pressure and go down the grain only.
>>
>>11235514
i use shiseido senka aging, it has great protection (50+) and doesn't make my skin oily. i bought it on ebay
>>
for already skin conscious people, what is your diet you stick to? i have an extremely hard time sticking to a fixed meal schedule
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 626x626px
usually don't d anything with my skin but I'm stuck in a fast food job and it's ruining it.
Anything that I can do to help with this? Any kinds of moisturisers or etc?
>>
>>11235617
Thanks senpai, I'll check it out
>>
the skin around my neck is darker than normal, was wondering how to get rid of this
>>
File: Fucked up face.jpg (184KB, 1800x612px) Image search: [Google]
Fucked up face.jpg
184KB, 1800x612px
Hey guys, i've had acne on my face ever since it broke out when I was 13, and i'm 19 now. I'm oily, eaten shit for the past 6 years and disrespected my body.

Any way to fix this? After joining /fa/ i've changed my attitude, and i've got the fit but not the face.

Thanks /fa/m
>>
File: folliculitis.jpg (44KB, 512x336px) Image search: [Google]
folliculitis.jpg
44KB, 512x336px
how2fix
>>
>>11235697
1. Don't be a shitskin
2. Fix the underbite
2. Get accutane
>>
>>11235572
almond milk
i was always told soy milk gives you man tits
>>
who the fuck is STHLM and how do they know all of that
>>
>>11236031
STHLM is on a whole nother level than your average trip.
>>
Do you think one can greatly avoid aging by using sun cream every day whether its sunny or not?
>>
>>11236121
I put on sunscreen if the sun is still up.
>>
Good daily facewash for combination skin prone to redness?
>>
>>11234494
Invest in one of these you'll never use your hands again and get bruised skin.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2074433/earth-therapeutics-extractor-skin-care-tool.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=BATH%20%26%20BODY&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=98916106&CID=shopping15&gclid=CLPdn9XcucwCFYhqfgodzxwDOQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNC9vdXcucwCFQRXfgodC_YO0A

>>11234785
Press harder when shaving and apply some cleaner like alcohol to clean the blades first.

>>11235091
This

>>11235698
Good luck popping those. Been getting them since I cut my own hair and apply aftershave, lots of aftershave to reduce all the bumps.

>>11235170
Thayers witch hazel toner (alochol free) you can have a red, scabby face on friday and by monday morning that shit will be minimal af. I use the cucumber cause muh vitamin e.

>>11235432
Oats and black coffee. Erase dairy from diet not for nutritional reasons but cause thats one of the main causes of acne.

>>11235649
Used to work at a deli, wash your face and moisturize befor you leave for work and literally as soon as you get home.

>>11235697
Youre fine. Use cetaphil facial cleanser and step3 clean and clear moisturizer.

>>11236843
Cetaphil cause its clear, thin and alcohol free.
>>
File: thayers.jpg (248KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
thayers.jpg
248KB, 1600x1600px
Thayers helped clear up the red flaky skin around my nose
>>
>>11234494
leave it
>>
If a particular Vitamin C serum is too strong for your skin, are you able to dilute it or will that fuck up the pH?
>>
I was born with NF1 (Google it) and I have some birthmarks, or cafe au lait spots scatteted around my body, (One on the back of my left hand, one on my left fore arm, one on my inner left fore arm, one on my right fore arm, one on my inner right bicep, one on my inner right fore arm, two on my chest, some on my back, and one on my upper right thigh). What should I do to cover these up? Do you guys think that I could go to a dermatologist and get them removed? What would you do? I can post pics if you guys want. (Im a dude btw).
>>
>>11237734
the pH is dependent on the concentration of what is causing that specific pH.

an acid:water solution will get a higher pH if it is diluted, since the amount of acid per water is decreased.

you won't "wreck" the solution though, it will still be acidic and on the good side of the pH scale for the skin.
>>
File: lg865_1.jpg (126KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lg865_1.jpg
126KB, 500x375px
>>11237780
>Oh that doesn't sound so bad
>May as well google it
>Anon probably has some off pigmentation or maybe some redn-

Jesus fucking christ anon. Go to a derm and have them shave your entire body off of the earth.

Abandon all hope.
>>
File: pepe christmas.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pepe christmas.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
>>11237519
how/when do u use it in your routine?
>>
File: 0501161742.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0501161742.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>11237797
Ah. Yeah, when girls who have NF1 get preggers, they get those. Here's a pic of my right fore arm, this is probably one of the darker ones.
>>
>>11237813
So it's just a flat patch of darker skin? Leave it, anon. It's not a problem.

I actually have a few pigmentation issues myself here and there. Except by me they're albino white on my somewhat darker skin. Girls actually seem to think it's kind of cute.

There are worse things. Like being from south of the equator.
>>
If I bought bulldog for all my creams would that be acceptable
>>
>>11237825
Haha, thanks, dude. And I guess I got lucky, some people get worse than the pic >>11237797 posted, and get like, disfigured heads n shit. Or even worse, I could have been from [spoiler] Brazil [/spoiler]
>>
>>11237798
I use it once when I wake up and again after I finish showering/shaving.
>>
File: 300p.jpg (2MB, 2109x2109px) Image search: [Google]
300p.jpg
2MB, 2109x2109px
>>11237813
A wild café au lait macule appears!

Dermatologist used GREEN PULSED LASER.

It's super-effective!

Multiple treatments will be required for them to clear completely, though. But it does work. They may re-appear though. You sometimes do spot-testing before doing them all.

Know that you'll might develop new ones during your lifetime, and that your existing spots may grow and change further.

Even though it's not up for us to decide, I don't really think you need to do it, though. It's not like they seem super-intrusive.

If you would feel like covering them up though, here's what you can try:

- Skin-lightening tattoos, that will simply paint the area to look more like the rest of the skin. Ordinary tattoos will of course work as well.

- Targeted sun exposure, in the sense that you tan your body to a limited extent - but cover the macules up with +50 SPF. The overall skin hue difference would most likely diminish. [Just off the top of my head, though. Experimental. I would rather rather recc tattoos/makeup.] Keep in mind that sun exposure generally does make café au lait macules darker. It would probably be in your best interest to always use sunscreen on them (and the rest of your skin) if you're expecting heavy sun exposure.

- Regular makeup, specifically spot concealers. Any makeup artist will be able to find the exact color that fits different parts of your skin. No, no one will be able to tell that you're wearing it if you're applying it correctly.

Thank you for posting your macule in hi-res. Very interesting. Fukken saved.
>>
>>11235450
'Black heads' on your nose, are sebaceous filaments, which everyone has, some more noticeable than others. If you use pore strips they'd just come back the next day, which would be fine if you want to use them everyday but at the expense of your skin, it's not worth it, using pore strips stretch your pores more and make them look bigger.

I would use a BHA as an exfoliator, and then a clay mask which you should only really do once a week.

There's more info about it here
https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

http://imgur.com/NdLuahW
>>
I'm 19 and have been told I already look 30, what I gotta do to stop this? just taking 5 years off of it will be nice

Does exercise and weight loss help help?
>>
why does my nose get so much acne when there's barely any on the rest of my face?
>>
File: 20160501_211733.jpg (3MB, 3024x2443px) Image search: [Google]
20160501_211733.jpg
3MB, 3024x2443px
My forehead right now idk how to remove the acne I'm taking medication for it but it doesn't get rid of it. I'm pretty sure it's acne scars
>>
Someone please write a guide on pH levels for the sticky or link some other guide.

>>11238545
How often do you use sunscreen?

I'd recommend the ff.:
- Vitamin C serum
- Niacinamide
- Snail extract
- Galactomyces

>>11238331
Yes it does. Do you smoke? How is your sleep?

>>11235646
Diet really makes a small difference anon. I'd say 95% of having good skin is sticking to a routine whose products work for you and resting.

>>11235649
Use a cleanser when you get home.

>>11235657
Apply your regular routine to it or make some DIY masks from green tea.

>>11235697
Follow the sticky routine.

>>11235698
What do you use for your hair?

>>11236843
CeraVe is cheap and has a good pH level of 5-ish which is ideal.

>>11237734
Make sure your skin is in a suitable pH level before using that. People generally recommend a pH balancing toner for that reason.
>>
>>11233565
Tfw drink milk and eat cereal everyday. Maybe having some toast (Wheat Bread typically).
Tfw sleep pattern is worst thing, and am super tired.

Didn't realize I was fucking myself over this much. I always wondered why I suffer from Acne, when it's my retarded diet and sleeping that's actually screwing me over.
At least I can start working on it now, fucking hell.
>>
File: 1407298202817.gif (318KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1407298202817.gif
318KB, 500x338px
Is there a best way to preserve tea tree oil mixtures?

I feel like constantly combining a new batch of TTO and Olive Oil every time I need to use it for pimples is really wasteful.
>>
>>11239122
And as a secondary question: will a mixture of Tea Tree Oil and a carrier oil gradually lose potency if it's preserved?
>>
File: 300.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
I really love these skin threads so pls dont let this die, im still learning pls help

>How often do I need to change my razor blades on my gilette fusion? I feel like my blades are always too dull and I get razor burn.

>Also what's good technique for no burn? I feel like I'm doing something wrong

>Pic related is my new cleanser, how'd I do? I also use it to shave the one part of my face that grows facial hair (asian genetics lol) in the shower is that bad?.

>If I don't get acne do I need to exfoliate, if so recommended products?

>Do you need to exfoliate your body like arms and chest?

Thank you based /skin/
>>
File: help.png (4KB, 666x320px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
4KB, 666x320px
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'd appreciate any answers

So I have a red birthmark caused by blood vessels on my neck which I'm finally getting treated by pulse dye laser. This unfortunately leaves big bruising for 1-2 weeks.

I usually use Dermablend to cover it, but dermablend is shit in that it's usually wither way too orange, or too red. I am veeery pale, and I used the palest product they have which is still too dark/red/orange. I can mix it with white makeup but it diluted the hold of the product and collects in folds of my neck.

Are there any other products which COMPLETELY cover marks/bruising and are for very pale people and aren't too orange/red?
>>
can you use creams like dr scholl's freeze stuff on moles to remove them? I know they're made for warts but I want to try before dishing out hundreds of $$ for a dermatologist. I have a small one that sticks out a bit.
>>
>>11235609
bullshit
>>
>>11235872
bullshit #2
>>
>>11239635
-get a new razor, see grooming sticky
-look for a double blade tutorial on yt
>>
How do I get the skin under my eyes un-dark again? They have been like that for years tho.
>>
>>11239889
Get more and most importantly better sleep, anon.

Reduce stress factors in your life, don't touch your face when you can avoid it and use a thick skin creme at night before sleeping.
>>
>>11235572
>Soy contains isoflavones, also known as phytoestrogens or "plant estrogens." However, isoflavones are different from the hormone estrogen. Reality: Soy does not contain the hormone estrogen. It does contain isoflavones, which are naturally occurring plant compounds.

no
>>
If I have slight sun damage is there anything I can do? I use sunscreen now of course but do I have to just deal with it?
>>
>>11240144
>As weak estrogen agonists/antagonists with molecular and cellular properties similar to synthetic endocrine disruptors such as Bisphenol A (BPA), the phytoestrogens provide a useful model to comprehensively investigate the biological impact of endocrine disruptors in general

>As with many other compounds, like alcohol or caffeine, there are many pros and cons associated with moderate soy intake. Consumers should be aware that soy contains endocrine disrupting compounds and make dietary choices accordingly.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074428/
>>
>>11240156
what kind of sun damage? recent burn, or old dark spots?
>>
>>11235697
the fuck? youre 19, wait a few more years faggot
>>
>>11240169
you got me
>>
>>11240216
respect
>>
File: IMG_2108.jpg (65KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2108.jpg
65KB, 1136x640px
>>11240173

Nah it's got a bit of uneven pigmentation and it's not that smooth, like not bumpy as in from acne, just from sun I guess. I've always had red cheeks since I was a kid but I've got some freckles and stuff now. Ah well think the only thing I can do now is prevent further damage.
>>
File: rosacea-before-after-treatment.jpg (12KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
rosacea-before-after-treatment.jpg
12KB, 300x222px
>>11240247
not re. the pigmentation but...

have you heard of rosacea?
>>
>>11240288

Yeah I assumed I have a mild case of it, I've tried a few creams in the past from the chemist but they didn't really do anything. I haven't done much research on the net so I'm not too sure if there is anything readily available for me.

Funny thing is the sun would make my rosacea worse but the tan would make it less noticeable. I've realised that tanning is dumb but it's such a huge thing in Australia, you have to be tanned but fake tan is weird for guys so it's the sun. Any recommendations or advice anon?
>>
>>11240169
They are not quantifying effects. Its known that isoflavones have no effect on serum estrogen simply because their acctivity and affinity to estrogen receptors is extremely low compared to real estrogen.
>>
>>11240308
melanotan
>>
>>11240247
>>11240288
rosy cheeks are based
love yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3096x4062px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3096x4062px
>>11233565
I have bad skin easily visible pores and on my nose a ton of blackheads

Diet is keto so drinks are usually water or zero calorie soda's (although I keep that at minimim)

I sometimes apply concealer if I get too self conscious
>>
>>11240432

How bad would my freckles get on melanomas though?
>>
>>11240574

Melanotan lol
>>
>>11240501
Blackheads are not actually dirt that's gotten into your pores. What they mostly are is sebum and oil that your pores produce, which take on a dark appearance over time if the pore/follicle is unable to fully excrete the oils.

Generally, using nose strips is frowned on nowadays, because people tend to over-use them, and because it strips the skin and pulls out hairs, which makes the area more prone to infection/pimples.

The most effective blackhead treatment I've seen is using BHAs (like salicylic acid) - some people get results using BHAs as toners, but the best application is as a chemical exfoliant.

This just means that whichever BHA is in the product needs to be at 1.5-2% (going higher might lead to exfoliation, and generally is not advised without experience with lower concentrations), at a <4pH.

There are lots of products, but some good ones are:

Stridex Maximum (the red box one)
the Paula's Choice BHAs
and COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

You can, of course, just swipe them on as a toner, but the results just won't be as good.
>>
>>11240837
Whoops, forgot usage:

Apply on face after washing, and wait ~15% before putting other products on your face.

If you use vitamin c serums or AHAs, the key is to go from lowest to highest pH, so:

vit c > 15min> BHA> 15min> AHA

Some people choose not to wait between some of these and apply them together and THEN wait. This seem to be an OK thing to do, as long as the products have the same pH, so that the activity of the product is not disrupted.
>>
How do I get rid of scars
>>
File: skin care routine.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
skin care routine.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>11233565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46-WNPlCYsg
>>
>>11237734
What do you mean "too strong"?
The concentration is too high and irritates your skin? Then you should purchase a lower concentration of vitamin c

The problem with diluting the product would be

1. You will be changing the pH level of the serum. The pH isn't important because of your skin necessarily, it's important because at high pH the vitamin c will just not work.

2. Without doing a proper stoichiometric equation, you won't actually know what concentration you have diluted the serum to. Vitamin C is a weak acid, which means it exists in an equilibrium, in which there is a constant backwards and forwards reaction going on in the solution depending on the H+ and OH- ions present. Water (even distilled) is not completely unreactive, and will produce ions in solution. Honestly, it WILL be minor, but as I said, you still won't know the true concentration.

3. You're also diluting preservatives/stabilizers in the formula, which will affect the longevity and sanitation of the serum. So you can't just add more water, you need to add the other things too to keep the thing stable. I mean, it doesn't REALLY matter for things like lotions, but Vitamin C is really finicky and reactive so for that it is important.

Basically, unless you're into DIY and know how to formulate a vitamin c serum, I say don't do it. You'll ruin the serum (waste of money) and maybe mess with your skin too.

For some people, it takes time to get used to vit c serums. So if it's too much, either use it less frequently until you can increase frequency safely, or just get a lower concentration serum. Honestly, some people even start at like 10-15%.
>>
>>11240854
What kind of scar?
Surgical? Acne? Stretch marks? Light scratches? Huge pits?
>>
>>11240899
I picked at pimples through my teens, they're acne scars but look like when you pick at scabs
>>
>>11240903
Retnoids would quite effectively help with that. There are drugstore beauty products with retnoids, but the only way you would get a high enough concentration to actually have a real impact is via prescription.

If you don't want to go to a dermatologist irl, I have been hearing A LOT of good things about Curology. It's a $20/month subscription to an online dermatological (they do have real professionals working for them) service that give you access to advice/consultations, and also includes a monthly custom-formulated prescription skin treatment. If you're interested, just look them up and browse people's feedback on them - it's very much a legit company.
>>
>>11235432
Trust me, you don't need breakfast.
>>
>>11233565
if i use shea butter/cocoa butter will that clear my skin and atleast get rid of the black/white heads and minor acne scars?
>>
Do acne scars go away over time? I just started getting acne @ 18 and still have 2 big scars from 2 pimples I got last September. They used to be bright red and the color is starting to fade, but they're still there and quite visible
>>
>>11241696
Use Vitamin C Serum anon
>>
Anybody else have difficulty applying the Aquanil facial cleanser?

It doesn't feel like it has enough viscosity to stay on my face during showers or provide a thorough clean. Am I just doing something wrong?
>>
>>11238887
I never use sunscreen its been winter and not alot of sunny days out there so I never thought about using it but i might do that now.
>>
>>11241684
The problem with shea butter and cocoa butter is that it's high in oleic acid, which is great for aging skin, but could be a disaster for pimple/acne-prone skin.

I'm not fully on the up-and-up on the mechanisms by which oleic acid causes acne, but basically if you throw off the balance between oleic and linoleic acid in your sebum, it turns hard and clogs your pores.

So, if you're getting whiteheads and tough blackheads, you're better off looking for oils that contain high linoleic acid %, because the excessive oleic acid already produced by your pores is leading to clogs.

Oils high in linoleic acid are:

grapeseed oil
safflower oil
rosehip oil
sunflower oil
>>
>>11241896
Why would you be using a facial cleanser like that? Just use it normally - rub on face, wash off

It doesn't stay on your face. You're not getting any additional "cleaning" power out of it; it's not as though you're disinfecting a kitchen countertop.
>>
>>11243035
No, that's what I'm saying: I try to apply it but it doesn't give me the safe feeling I get from other facial cleansers.

I'm not keeping it on my face or anything -- it's just too difficult to rub in.
>>
>>11243113
I still don't really understand what you mean, mang, sorry. Safe feeling?

It looks like it's a non-foaming cleanser to me, so I'm not sure what you would expect from it? Just apply it on, massage it around for like 30sec, then rinse off. Your skin isn't supposed to feel squeaky or anything - that's actually a bad sign that you're stripping too much oil from your face.
>>
>>11238339
nose acne is usually caused by excessive oil production
>>
>>11240061
>tfw i sleep +8hours every night and still have those
>>11240061
>>
>>11243137
No worries.
>>
File: wool fat soap.jpg (24KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
wool fat soap.jpg
24KB, 720x540px
anyone tried wool fat soap before?
>>
File: 1426513246685.png (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426513246685.png
17KB, 500x300px
To the anon in the last thread who recommended Tea Tree Oil for pimples: you're fucking great.

I mix some of that shit in olive oil and it kills zits in like 2 days tops.
>>
>>11233565

>Skincare Guide

Just follow any Korean celebrity skin care regiment and end up with the best skin in the world.
>>
>>11247459
Pretty close to the truth.

Some people don't need all the steps that celebs do, though, since we don't usually subject our skin to having our makeup redone multiple times a day, constant stress, harsh bright lights making us sweat our faces off, etc.

I imagine their skin gets dehydrated as hell through all that, to an extent that an average person's would not.

So like, if someone doesn't feel like they need an FTE and a serum and and exfoliator and a lotion and a toner and a humectant cream and a sheet mask and an occlusive cream and a sleeping pack...that's ok.

I went all-in over the course of 6 months, with all the 10 steps or whatever. Then I actually eliminated some of them, because they were either not helping, or actually making things worse.

I went through maybe 5 different formulations of oil cleanser, all of which broke me out (I usually have no pimples at all), and my skin is now finally going back to normal since I've stopped using oil cleansers.

YMMV
>>
>>11247459
Any in particular you might recommend?
>>
>>11246262
you're welcome :3
>>
>>11248733
you're a lifesaver
>>
>>11247459
I have tried, but toner/essence/etc. are wasted on my sensitive oily skin so no use going so far.

Tea tree/aloe sheet masks are dope though. Calms irritation and makes my face feel like I just came from a spa. I bulk import the Etude House ones.
>>
File: 1426018191042.gif (822KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
1426018191042.gif
822KB, 245x160px
What should the ratio of carrier oil to tea tree oil be?
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 895x631px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 895x631px
I had years of cystic acne, it's gone now but it left these marks, how to fix? Would a vitamin c serum be enough?
>>
>>11249701
Around 2-5% of total solution (ex 2%: 100mL solution = 2mL tea tree, 98mL carrier)

If your essential oil comes with a dropper, remember that 1 drop is approx. 0.05mL

I would recommend using carrier oils such as rosehip or sweet almond or safflower. This is because these oils contain a high percent linoleic acid, which helps make the sebum present in pimples and acne less likely to form hard clogs.
>>
>>11249997
Vit c may help a little, and it's good to use in general, since it's an antioxidant which will help minimize future damage (from sun exposure, general skin aging).

For serious scarring like that, you want to look into retinoids - drugstore skincare will have retinOLs, which are weaker then retinOIDs, but may also help (this is questionable though, tbf).

Retinoids are quite strong, in fact, and require a prescription. But you should really look into it, because the pits do seem fairly deep for acne scars. The more severe the scarring, the stronger the required product.
>>
File: 20160505_013408.jpg (616KB, 1837x638px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_013408.jpg
616KB, 1837x638px
Help, male 22
Got pretty bad eye circles, literally raccoon without glasses on

Do I need make up?
>>
so ive been on accutane for coming up on 4 months now and its gotten of the cystic acne but i still have a lot of redness and my dermatologist says that it'll fade away within a month or two hopefully, should I be doing any extra work to reduce redness with stuff? Anyone else have experiences with this?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>11250483
You look like namasensei / 10
P dope actually
>>
>>11250483
where the fuck are your eyeslash?
>>
>>11233565
After a long battle my skin is finally at the point where there are no active pimples on my face, so the BP appears to be working.
Now I have the issue of the red marks left by previous pimples/cysts - I've heard them referred to as 'blood tattoos'.
What's a good product for speeding up the healing of these?
>>
starting accutane in 1-2 weeks approx, gonna have to use it for 6 months.. am i gonna have dat dere perfect skin 4 college before september?
>>
File: IMG_0837.jpg (129KB, 750x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0837.jpg
129KB, 750x868px
most of this is red marks under the skin, and the actual surface pimples have been coming out recently due to exfoliating for the first time, and with a harsh product (lush's ocean salt)

i have no clue what to do famo
>>
Will aloe vera gel straight from the plant help with acne hyperpigmentation?
>>
My forehead always gets greasy, what's the best way to combat this?
>>
>>11250523
You'll be dealing with redness, as well as hyperpigmentation.

There are a few things you can try
-aloe: very temporary, mostly for instant relief
-neroli oil, aka: orange blossom oil
-rosehip oil
-snail mucin: this is great for redness and skin healing. However, you would have to buy Korean products to get it. If you're in the US, you're in luck, because you can just order off amazon. Mizon Snail Recovery Gel, COSRX 96 Mucin Power Essence, and Benton Snail Bee Essence are very good products
-azelaic acid: this can be obtained over the counter, ebay, or via prescription. It helps with redness, but depending on where you are located, you may need to have it prescribed
>>
I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT AND IT'S FUCKING UP MY SKIN
>>
>>11251048
That looks incredibly uncomfortable, man.

Don't exfoliate with that stuff too often, because you'll damage your skin and make it more prone to pimples/infection.

I posted a list of redness soothing/healing products above, so you can give those a try. None of them will work like next day, so you have to give them at least a week to see if there's a difference. If your pimples come back with any of them, stop immediately.

I would also advise tea tree oil (diluted - read higher in the thread for how that works), to make sure you don't re-infect your skin.

Also, purchase a skin lotion. The ingredients you want to look for are Niacinamide and Ceramides. These help restore your skin's lipid barrier, and also will lighten discolouration. CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion is an excellent product. If you're US/CAN, you can buy it in a drugstore.
>>
>>11251161
I feel like people who ask this have never encountered an aloe plant irl. The "gel" inside isn't like the gel you buy in a drugstore.
It's fleshy and fibrous. You can squeeze out juice from it, but the actual insides aren't spreadable.
tbqh, it has a low shelf-life, you need a leaf that's at least 3 years old, it's a bitch to clean and work with, and is really more suitable to use for either food, or as a means to squeeze out the juice.

To apply to your face, just buy a fabricated gel, with as high a percentage as you can find. 100% is great if you can buy it where you are, but always look for ingredients lists before making a decision. It WILL, by necessity, have to have a preservative so that it doesn't rot on your shelf, but more than a couple of things on the list is too much.

Aloe is mostly for instant soothing and calming, and it won't overall do much for PIH.

Vitamin C, niacinamide, and licorice root extract (Glycyrrhiza somethingsomething, depending on the variety of plant used) are great for dark spots.
Vitamin C will have to be its own serum, but the other two can be found in creams/lotions.
>>
>>11251263
thanks man, appreciate it
>>
>>11251187
Keep your skin moisturized. Dab off excess oil with a tissue, toilet paper, or oil blotting sheet.

If you're a grill/don't care about makeup, you can "bake" a powder onto your skin, which I find can help if you don't have flakey skin.

Basically you take a skin-matching, or translucent (what I use), powder and apply an excessive amount on the area. Leave it for 5min, then dust off the excess. The heat of your skin, and natural oils, "bake" on an amount of the powder. The powder will continue to absorb/minimize appearance of oil through the day.
>>
File: Snapchat-5071091784176347566_1.jpg (144KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5071091784176347566_1.jpg
144KB, 1080x1776px
What do I do about my face besides the shitty uneven jaw
>>
>>11233565
How would you go about getting rid of dark spots behind your nose
>>
What's the deal with korean facemasks?
Are they worth it?
How often do you apply and where does it go in your routine?
Any favored brands?

thanks in advance
>>
>>11250713
That's Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation, and it's a result of the Benzoyl Peroxide.

They'll go away on their own with time, but if you're looking to fade them, use a Vitamin C serum. Details in this post: >>11234287
>>
>>11251848
Facemasks are an ok thing. They are good for immediate skin hydration and brightening, and the results will last like a day or so.

They are not a substitute for regular skincare products like serums and moisturizers.

I went crazy and bought a metric ton of them, so I use one about every other day. Some people like to use them daily, weekly, or before special events. It really depends on what you feel like - sheet masks are more skintertainment than anything imo.

Some popular brands:

TonyMoly
Innisfree
The Face Shop
Mamonde
My Beauty Diary (Taiwanese)
SNP
Leaders Insolution
Mediheal
Aritaum

If a mask is advertising some sort of herbal thing (rice, green tea, cucumber, aloe), look at the ingredients list - I usually don't bother if it's not in the top 2 rows.
But, use logic: a rice mask should have some sort of rice thing in like top 4 ingredients (my Aritaum has it as 2nd), but a tea tree mask would have it slightly lower because tea tree is quite potent.
>>
>>11252012
Forgot about when to use it - right before occlusives (anything with silicons).

So all your toners, serums, lotions, etc. go first, then sheet mask, then your last step cream/face pack/sunscreen.
>>
>>11251848
sheet masks are a gift from the gods anon. here are some i use for my oily, acne prone skin:
mbd black pearl
ljh tea tree
benton snail bee
tosowoong green tea

you can use them as often as your wallet and skin lets you and you get large instant but temporary results for most and small progressive but lasting results

also >>11252018. i'd recommend you use them before moisturizers and spot treatment

cleansing masks are a whole different beast though.
>>
What kind of toner/exfoliator can a UK man buy from the shop?

Can't buy the Stridex, Paula's Choice, or Alpha Hydrox that is recommended in the FAQ before you direct me there. That's why I'm asking here.

Thinking maybe the Nip+Fab pads but I dunno I don't know shit about this stuff.
>>
>>11251279
>I feel like people who ask this have never encountered an aloe plant irl

My mom has 5 of them, been around them my entire life desu

Was just wondering if it could have been a free solution
>>
File: 20160505_134235-1-1.png (275KB, 334x559px) Image search: [Google]
20160505_134235-1-1.png
275KB, 334x559px
Any advice for treating roseacea? Cant really see how fucking out of place it is on my face here, but I have relatively clear skin and then just blam! Big red blotch on the side of my face. Hurts too
>>
Have a BHA (Stridex) and an AHA (Alpha Hydrox 10% G Acid) coming in the mail soon. How often should I apply them. I get the occasional pimple on my face so I'm not sure if a BHA is worth putting on if AHA's can fix that. Also a skin texture issue which is what the AHA is for. How often should I apply each?

I was thinking BHA in the morning, and AHA at night, daily. I heard not to exfoliate with AHA's too much.

Also can Stridex be used as a toner? I have Thayer's Witch Hazel as well, but should I avoid adding too much on my face?
>>
>>11252057

Amazon stocks all of what you listed
>>
>>11252057
Stridex & Alpha Hydrox are available at Amazon.co.uk and Paula's Choice is found at paulaschoice.co.uk

>>11252578
That sucks.
For general management, you don't need to look further than Google. There's plenty of good sources online about how to help keep rosacea from getting worse.
Some advice:
- See a dermatologist if you can.
- Generally avoid topical steroids on your face.
- Use sunscreen during the summer half of the year.
- Get yourself a good foundation/spot concealer. I know plenty of people with rosacea who have seemingly perfect skin thanks to it.

Finally, save up for laser treatment.
It's GOAT.
>>
>>11253163
Have you already started using them? If not, I would say alternate days between AHA and BHA to make sure you're not over-exfoliating.
If all is fine and your skin does not become irritated after 2 weeks, then sure, use one during the day and one at night.

If using chemical exfoliants, make sure to wear sunscreen, as they make your skin photosensitive.

Any AHA/BHA can be used as a toner - in fact, it will become essentially just a toner unless you allow 15-20min for it to work on your face just on its own before applying any other product. This is because AHA and BHA need to be at a certain pH to function, and once you apply something else to your skin, you disrupt that.

Witch hazel is soothing, and not exfoliating, so it's fine to apply it in conjunction with A/BHAs (after waiting 15-20min of course). Witch hazel in theory has an acidic pH, so you can also use it as a pH-adjusting toner prior to your exfoliants IF your cleanser is basic (ph>7).

You can really only "overdo" 2 types of facial products, imo (allergies excluded; applied in a sane amount): exfoliants and occlusives.
Too much exfoliation will hurt your skin barrier; occlusives will clog up your skin and interfere with oil/sebum/sweat excretion. This is easily preventable by just limiting yourself in the quantity used (ie: don't smear 2 types of BHA 3x per day on your face. don't use only silicone-based creams and lotions)
>>
>>11253234
Wow thanks, everything I need.
I'll take it easy with the exfoliants, see how my skin can handle it before I start using both daily.

I also have some stuff coming in so I can use to make my own Vitamin C serum. When should I use that in my regime?
>>
>>11253333
Vitamin C serum should be the very first thing.
In terms of vit c and exfoliants, you want to go from lowest to highest pH, which ends up being:

vitamin c (ph 2.5-3.0) > BHA (pH 3.0-4.0) > AHA (pH 4.0-4.5)

Then you go with whichever other products you wanna use, from thinnest to thickest consistency.

Make absolutely for realsies sure that your vit c serum is around pH 2.5-3.0
Lower can damage your skin, and above 3.5 vit c will not penetrate your skin, making it useless.

Are you using a particular formulation for your DIY, or did you come up with it yourself? I'm really curious. I've been looking into DIYing stuff, but I'm a lazy fuck, and I have no where to make/store ingredients where I'd be 100% sure someone wouldn't screw them up. However, I'd love to see what you're planning to put together if you're willing to share.
>>
>>11253490
I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, can I use that first then a Vitamin C Serum then an exfoliant?

>Then you go with whichever other products you wanna use, from thinnest to thickest consistency
What if my moisturizer is thicker than my sunscreen? Does it really matter?

Yeah I know about that, that's what I'm trying to make the ph level at. I've ordered some pH strips from Amazon to test it out first.

I'm going for L-absorbic acid, glycerin and distilled water, thought about rose water as well, but thought it would be better not to make it too complicated on my first go. Not sure about the specifics desu, like how to measure it. I've mostly seen people measure it in teaspoons when they make their own. Kind of put off by that since it doesn't seem really accurate, remembering year 11-12 chemistry. I have yet to find a proper method since I'm also lazy...

I got the Absorbic Acid from Amazon, and the glycerin from iherb (you can get it from Amazon as well, but they don't ship the one I want to Australia.
>>
>>11253572
Yeah sorry, I did mean "first" as in after you've cleansed.
Sunscreen always goes last for "skincare"; if you wear makeup, then that goes on top of the sunscreen.

Yeah, teaspoon measurements seem pretty sketch to me...
Since LAA generally comes in powder form, it would be more accurate to use weight to calculate percentages. So if you're doing 20% serum, do 20% by weight, not by volume. You'd need an electronic food scale for that, though.

In any case, whether you decide to go by volume or by weight, I guess make sure to just measure all of the ingredients in that one way and it should be ok. They're not particularly deadly chemicals or anything.
>>
File: 1378604828571.jpg (58KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1378604828571.jpg
58KB, 640x512px
Two questions:
I have some black heads and some white spots under my skin in the crevice around me nostrils and no matter what I can get them to surface, how can I get rid of these fuckers?
Also I have some shallow scarring on my face from when I was a kid/acne, they aren't that big or noticeable but I was hoping I could get rid of them as well. They are the same color as the rest of my skin just slightly depressed.
>>
how to treat keratosis pilaris on both arms
18/m
>>
>>11236031
Respect your superiors you fucking cucumber
>>
File: arm.jpg (229KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
arm.jpg
229KB, 1920x2560px
Been trying to make these burn scars go away with some ointment or whatever but it's gonna take a lot more of that before they're not visible anymore. Should I tan just to make them blend in more?
>>
>>11253165
>>11253202
Yeah bruv but I just want something where I can walk into the shop and buy it.

Can't be arsed to buy skincare stuff online.
>>
>>11253634
-BHA for blackheads (ctrl+f, there's info in the thread about how to use it)

- retinoids and vit c for old scars (same as above)

If you have any specific other questions besides, I'm sure someone will help

>>11253961
Coconut oil helps a lot of people with body KP. If it's just your arms, you're all good to put it on. It's a problem for some with facial KP, since coconut oil can break out a lot of people, so other methods are necessary.

>>11254366
How old are the scars? They look red and kinda new still.
>>
>>11254427
8-12 months
>>
>>11254424
Its more effort to find something in person tbqh. I'm in a similar situation in Canada. We have nip+fab as well, but I hesitate to buy it because I think it only has 4% AHA iirc. The others, like Garnier Glycolic Acid Peel don't even list the percentage, which is total BS.

I have been using a Clinique toner as my BHA exfoliant, however (Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion). It has 2% salicylic acid (check) and a pH that I've tested to be solidly between 3-4 (check).

Don't buy an AHA/BHA product to use as an exfoliant unless you're sure it'll work that way. Otherwise you're just getting a less effective - but still ok - toner instead.

AHA should be around 5-8% of the acid, at 4.0-4.5pH, BHA at 1.5-2% and 3.0-4.0pH
>>
>>11254429
Since they're a discoloured scar, more so then a hole in your skin, you may want to look into applying AHA to the area. You can search through this thread for info on that, and if you have questions about usage or something, I/others can try to help out.

You can also look into lotions with niacinamide, which will help reduce discolouration.

I'm not sure what OTC thing will help with skin texture, however. If the AHA exfoliation does not work, you can ask a dermatologist about it, and they may suggest a retinoid, or a laser treatment.

Discolouration is easy to address - scar tissue and texture is a bit tougher to deal with. Yours look pretty flat, though, so just the exfoliation + pigmentation lightening may do the trick.

Give it like a month of treatment and see if there's a difference. Take before/after photos to be sure.
>>
File: OK.jpg (21KB, 431x325px) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
21KB, 431x325px
>>11254469
Is there a list of acronyms I can look at?
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>11254490
AHA - alpha hydroxy acid (most common: gycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, tartatic acid)

OTC - over the counter

Unless you mean like if there's a list in the sticky or something, and I'm just being dense... idk about that one, since I've never read it.
>>
>>11254504
I was mostly just looking those ones, but in the future something like that would probably help
Thanks again
>>
>>11254427
hmm keratosis pilaris guy here, thanks for the advice
stupid question but will any brand of coconut oil will work? or are there some specifically for skincare?
>>
>>11255189
also should I apply it daily?
>>
>went mountain biking
>hit a branch with my face
>didn't leave a cut but did leave a red mark and a small ding

god fucking damn it what do? I've already applied honey where the hit occurred
>>
>>11255189
No, just any coconut oil - look for cold-pressed, pure coconut oil.

How often you want to apply it is up to you, and I guess also up to how often you shower. Once a day would definitely be enough on average, though. You don't need a lot, just enough to cover the area; if you apply too much it won't absorb, and you'll have greasy arms+sleeves all day.
>>
>>11255202
So, a welt/bruise basically?
Vaseline is a good thing to use. Just cover the area with it - it'll keep the skin hydrated and will prevent dirt and bacteria from getting into the injury.
>>
>>11234374
Don't, those are bad for your skin and can cause small spider veins
>>
>>11235432
Eggs and almand milk?
>>
>>11235698
Keep your hair short, gently use the Clippers on it every week, go no poo, don't spend too long in the shower, quick rinse then out. Also rinse your hair/quick shower after working out. Also don't rub or pop that shit.

Basicly your shit is all fucked, this will help in fuck it over the course of a month.
>>
>>11254427
Thanks anon, could rec any brands of BHA/Vit C/Retinoids?
>>
>>11237813
It's hardly noticeable and people would just assume it is a birthmark or burn scar.
>>
>>11255588
So, retinoids are prescription, so that would require you to go to a derm.

Vit C
-C20OST
-Skinceuticals
-Paula's Choice

Any other vitamin c that fits the requirements that have been mentioned in this thread will be good, really.

BHA:
Stridex (red box)
COSRX Blackhead BHA
Paula's Choice

Again, anything else that meets the requirements for BHA mentioned in this thread

If you choose to use BHA, definitely get a sunscreen as well.
>>
Anyone managed to find a way of hiding/reducing the effects of Rosacea?
>>
>>11255920
see
>>11253202
>>
>>11255817
fun fact:
salicylic acid isn't nearly as photosensitizing as most AHAs. AHA is much more prone to aggravating different kinds of sun damage in concentrations commonly used in cosmetic formulations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2791365/

if you use any AHAs and retinoids though, please remember to use sunscreens.
>>
>>11233565
im a lucky mulatto mix with a lot of viible aryan features (moms german) where it matters and african genes where it helps.. for instance my skin has always been smooth golden and flawless without trying, but i dont have nappy hair. almond eyes, german nose.

my skin is rediculous though and literally 99% of the time i dont even have one pimple. i also dont grow much facial hair (east african trait) so my cheeks and jawline are smooth like a girl.

ive always been called a ladyface by everyone. but my skin is smooth as long as i wash everyday with basic soap.

i used to do the whole american psycho thing with moisturizer and a mask and scrub etc but i found that it doesnt make a difference with me. im lucky
>>
File: 1461519532749.jpg (48KB, 620x592px) Image search: [Google]
1461519532749.jpg
48KB, 620x592px
>>11256238
bruh, you got almond eyes? thats nuts.
>>
>>11256238
so... why are you posting?
>>
File: glasses.jpg (125KB, 822x543px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
125KB, 822x543px
>>11256656

cuz he has no friends.
>>
>>11256238
k
>>
>>11251960
> it's a result of the Benzoyl Peroxide
nope
> they'll go away
up to months
>>
Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser good for someone that doesn't really have a skincare routine at all besides washing face with warm water and gets probably one or two pimples a week?
>>
>>11257782
Good skin is not the lack of pimples m8. There's more to it. Get a full routine.
>>
>>11255817
I thought AHA was the one you need sunscreen for?
>>
>>11234287
Any specific product you recommend?
>>
>>11258446
yep.
hence:
>>11256079
>>
What would be the best order to apply these products:

- Tea Tree Oil
- Honey
- Aloe Vera
>>
Do I really need an oil cleaner to remove my "waterproof" sunscreen or is my foaming cleanser good enough? I'm currently using CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
>>
This is the skin care routine that got rid of my facial acne.

>Apply three pumps of Cetaphil Oil control Foaming Wash
>Gently massage face with Olay ProX for approx. 60 seconds
>Apply Dickinson Witch Hazel w/ cotton ball on face
>Wait to dry
>Apply CeraVe moisturizer PM at night and Cetaphil Dermacontrol moisturizer in the morning

>works god tier
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>11233565
>>
My daily routine:

Morning:
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser
Stridex Max Pad
Cetaphil Derma-control Moisturizer W/SPF25

Night:
Cetaphil Foam Wash
Paula's Choice AHA Exfoliating Gel
And sometimes in combination with the AHA I'll then put on a layer of Tretenoin .025%

Comments? Do you think I should add a toner? Had pretty horrible cystic acne, now my biggest problem is probably PIH with the occasional small cyst.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-08-23-37-35.png (393KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-08-23-37-35.png
393KB, 1080x1920px
Is this a good place to start if I currently have absolutely no skincare routine? Or should I go for Cetaphil instead?

My skin is kinda oily around my nose and sometimes forehead. I get maybe three or four pimples a week and sometimes go weeks without getting any.

Thanks in advance.
>>
how to get rid of very deep set pigmented undereye bags ? my whole eye area is brown and I look like i've been punched in the face when I don't wear concealer :)
>>
>>11261439
i bought them both for about 8 dollaros, they are pretty good
>>
>>11261439
yep.
a BHA is good to have as well. sometimes actually better than a cleanser.

>>11262311
keep using your concealer.
in the meantime, save up for laser treatment.
pic related.
>>
>>11259538
1. Honey
2. Aloe Vera
3. Tea Tree Oil as a spot treatment
>>
File: 68996869.png (50KB, 300x109px) Image search: [Google]
68996869.png
50KB, 300x109px
>>11262311
>>11262511
pic
related
>>
>>11256238

why are half-breeds so insufferable?

>i-i don't got nappy hair!
>>
eh, i have super oily skin.

any moistrizer i use make my skin feel super oily.

is it alright if just use a retinol cream around my eye area? when i don't use it on the rest of my face, it still doesn't feel dry.
>>
File: raah.jpg (2KB, 125x78px) Image search: [Google]
raah.jpg
2KB, 125x78px
>for 4 years try loads of different things to combat acne
>always neglected moisturising because I thought oily skin was evil
>started moisturising situationally in the last 3 months
>acne has drastically improved and skin looks genuinely pretty good for the first time since I was 13
could just be because I'm exiting puberty late/minimising dairy consumption, but fuck me do I feel like I've been wasting time on other things
>>
>>11240501
>keto
go vegan fatty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L2zinb7QM8
>>
File: Capture.png (63KB, 517x435px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63KB, 517x435px
>>11262511
>>11261439
what about these instead? 500ml more cleanser for less than the price of the two cerave products.
>>
>>11264051
cetaphil is a great product but some people prefer sulfate-free and paraben-free products. i use "sukin" facial cleanser rn and i really like it. pricey when compared to cetaphil tho
>>
>>11264101
>>11261439
Yeah I'm looking for the best budget option I can.
>>
>>11265051
CeraVe has a better formulation than Cetaphil, I think. They're both quite basic, but Cetaphil is "plain", while CeraVe does have a few ingredients that you would see in more premium products.

Unless you're really hurting for the extra couple for dollars, I'd go with CeraVe
>>
>>11260345
I would up the sunscreen to at least SPF 30, tbf.

People in general are pretty bad at applying sufficient sunscreen to ALL required areas. So if it's fine on your cheeks, it may be thin on your forehead. Or it's possible to be completely underapplying.
A lot of people think that they've applied enough to get the full 25, or 30, or 50, but actually only end up with like 10 because the application is so thin.

I would also say get a night-time moisturizer, to apply after your AHA/tret. I don't know if tret requires wait times, but AHA should have 15-20min. CeraVe PM is a pretty good, simple product for night.
>>
so I have a decent routine with everything that's recommended and I've gone through different brands recommended by different people or stores. I still have mild acne and I have had it since I started caring about skincare. the products do helps and the acne not that bad, but am I meant to just keep going through different formulas until I find something that works? Or should I see a dermatologist? that would feel pretty stupid as my skin is not exactly worse than most other teen guys - it's not that bad but it's not good either, and when I stop using one of the products it gets worse. just feeling a bit lost desu would appreciate some guidance
>>
>>11265519
It depends on how long you've been using your current products, and how significantly they help you.

I think that for someone who has acne, you do have to be more careful, and introduce 1 new product per month if you want to try it. Otherwise your face might go crazy.

If you're happy with where you are, keep your routine. It doesn't hurt to visit a dermatologist, but beware of them trying to load you up with harsh products if you only have mild acne.

A good way to determine what's helping your skin, is to try and find common ingredients between the products you use.

Obviously a cleanser can't be compared to a cream. But a lotion can be compared to a toner, for example. You can also eliminate ingredients like water and preservatives/fragrances, as well as glycerin (almost all face products will contain this, so it's not quite relevant in trying to determine what keeps your skin stable, aside from the hydration it provides). This way, if your products don't lend themselves to comparison, you can at least narrow down what you want to look for in other products.

For example, if something contains licorice root extract, and you think that's what's helping, find a product with a higher concentration for licorice root and try that. It may bump up the improvements

Or, you can also improve your skin by eliminating irritants. So, if your skin is better when you use a certain toner than if you don't, but your toner contains denatured alcohol, you can try to find a similar toner with no/less alcohol denat.

cosdna.com is a great website for comparing product ingredients, and it flags potentially harmful ones. It has a huge database for products people have already entered in, or you can plug in your own. Be careful, though - since it's user contribution-based, some people have screwed up writing down the ingredient lists, so pick the option that is the most recent or less retarded.
>>
>>11263912
Sure? There's nothing negative about tending to your eye area.

I wouldn't entirely give up on moisturizers, though. Sometimes skin overproduces oil because it needs hydration. If you want to give it another go, look for an oil-free moisturizer and try using it for like 2 weeks, then come to a verdict.

There's plenty out there, so you can google it up no problem.
>>
what does /fa/ do for body odor? showering everyday and using deo doesn't cut it for me and i'm thinking of getting am anti-bacterial soap after consulting Dr. Google

I don't have a severe problem but I don't want to be that guy that smells
>>
>>11265937
I'm not sure how good anti-bacterial soap will be for you as there is plenty of healthy bacteria that live on your skin, and I generally mistrust bars of soap as they tend to be unhygienic and being harsh on skin. I don't have any particular issues with BO, shower once a day, use anti perspirant on pits, few tactical sprays of EDT, and I'm rosy for the whole day.
>>
>>11266051
I got a reverse effect. I start getting bad skin and severe acne on my back with those cream soap thing in the bottle but not with bar soaps.
>>
>>11266051
I've been looking for a bodywash but no luck. I understand how harsh soap can be, so idk I'll look into it
>>
>the thread is still up

who keeps bumping these
>>
>>11237813
i have a couple of these on my knees, except mine are birthmarks and that's really all what they look like.

what do people think of freckles here? got huge amounts from freckles running up both arms and around my shoulders/neck, and then lighter/sparser ones on my face. i like the former personally, just not the latter since it makes my already oddly pigmented pale skin look even blotchier.
>>
File: IMG_1331.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1331.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
can somebody help me? for the love of god.
>>
File: IMG_1332.jpg (91KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1332.jpg
91KB, 640x480px
damn i look like shit
>>
>>11267431
>>11267434
ew why is this on /fa/????
>>
>>11267434
>>11267431

you're fucked for life

you're gonna have nasty ass edward james olmos scars all over your greasy face
>>
>>11267438
>>11267431

get accutane now dude. don't let all the bs scare you, it gets rid of your zits like nothing else and the only side effect i got was really dry lips but that went away after i was done
>>
Is oatmeal good for fading dark spots on the face?

Apparently it has niacinamide in it.
>>
>>11267438
wtf don't be disgusting like my face, be the better thing. i'm looking for help.

>>11267459
seriously? my acne was just worst when i was a younger and my face was pretty clean sometime ago and i didn't have any scars. but please, help

>>11267466
does accutane helps me with the scars?
>>
>>11267495
accutane. i had terrible acne and acne scars like you, with accutane all of my acne went. the acne scars took longer, but eventually with a good skin care routine the scars faded.

as >>11267466 said, the only side effects I had while taking accutane was dry lips
>>
>>11265630
thanks. I definitely haven't introduced products more often than once every month so that's good. I have never really felt like my skin gets dry or irritated from any of the products but maybe that's not something you notice yourself?

I see where you're coming from with looking for similar ingredients and stuff but it seems like an endless struggle since all the products I have reduce acne very slightly but none of them have any miracle effect at all; obviously my skin gets oily/dirty without the cleanser and I have more spots without the toner etc but it's not like I have ever noticed a gigantic change in skin after changing a product, it's always just kind of bad/average

thinking of trying some of the acne.org stuff (moisturizer, BP and aha anyway) wha do you think of that? I'm also considering seeing a doctor and getting something stronger. anyone?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 548x751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 548x751px
Hi

I have a cleanser/moisturizer/toner and usually BP (doesn't make a huge difference though)

what am I doing wrong, how do I get rid of this now
>>
I've had callouses all over my feet since high school football and have considered getting one of those files to scrape them off. Will I notice greater comfort and better fitting footwear if I do, or is this just cosmetic?
>>
>>11267495
>does accutane helps me with the scars?

in the sense that it keeps you from getting new ones and aggravating the ones you have, yes.

also, shave those disgusting teen pubes off asap please
>>
>>11268386
acne isn't even bad, any on forehead?
seem cute
>>
>>11268401
thanks
no I know its not that bad but I really want to know how to get rid of it
I got scouted by a model thing now too and all the other guys have clear faces haha
>>
>>11268408
have you tried taking breaks between your cleanings? might need some medicated ointment. you're tryin to be a modeI?
>>
>>11268408
>I got scouted by a model thing

Not having clear skin is not an option if you want to stay even remotely competitive.

Start using Retin-A or low-dose Accutane if you want to have a chance.

You can't have a highly visible skincare disease when you model.

Sure, there's extra makeup & extra PhotoShop - but that's a lot of extra work that the agencies do not need to afford. They can just pick someone else that has approximately just as good features, but with nicer skin.
>>
File: 71GJ6TUdmML._SY355_.jpg (20KB, 314x355px) Image search: [Google]
71GJ6TUdmML._SY355_.jpg
20KB, 314x355px
>>11233565

I just thought that I would post this here because I hadn't seen many people talk about it but its something that I've found works really well.

After reading about it online I started to use organic unprocessed virgin coconut oil as a moisturizer on my face at night and in the morning in addition to acne products/face washing and its helped with acne and redness. Despite being an oil it doesn't seem to clog pores and my skin looks a lot better after using it. I didn't notice much difference at first but after a week my skin was a lot smoother and the acne was less bad. Before using coconut oil I just used regular Cetaphil moisturizer but this is definitely better.

Apparently, coconut oil is anti-bacterial/anti-microbial/anti-fungal which is good because those things can actually play a major role in acne and many face washes or acne wash products don't do much to treat that issue. It also has helped with making minor discolorations/indents from pimples go away faster.

It best to use organic and as unprocessed as possible though because you want to make sure you are not slathering pesticides on your face and when its unprocessed it retains more of the nutrients/minerals that are good for the skin that would otherwise be removed during processing. A jar can be kind expensive at around 10-15 dollars but it will easily last 6-8 weeks if you don't slather huge amounts of it on.
>>
What does it mean if BP isn't drying out my skin? It doesn't seem to do anything and my skin gets oily after using it??
>>
>>11237519
>>11237798
I use the same stuff with aloe instead of rose petal. I wash my face, put virgin coconut oil on it, wipe my face off, then apply the witch hazel. its the most godly smelling stuff.
>>
>>11266067
ah sorry, wasn't talking about bars of soap for the body, was assuming you/poster was talking about just the face. I used a Dove moisturising bar of soap for my body but never really had any issues there so won't be the best person to talk to. I just find that bars are too harsh on the face/not as effective as liquids. IIRC the sticky has a lot more information in bars etc.
>>
>>11268982
That's really interesting anon, I always stayed away from oils because oily moisturisers tend to make my (brown/dark skin) face look oilier than it would on white people, so I use cetaphil right now. Don't have acne or anything like that, just trying to get rid of some mild closed comedomes right now, have ordered an aha for that. What kind of residue is there in the morning?
>>
>>11269068
If your skin gets really oily post-BP, it IS drying out your skin. Your skin is just working overtime to compensate.
If you want to lessen the degree of oiliness, use moisturizer after the BP has dried.
>>
I have dry oily skin, basically no acne, but some blackheads (I've never done a thing for skincare until now)

What should I do to just look a bit better generally?
>>
>>11269397
Your best bet both as a starting point and as a way to understand your skin a bit better is to read the sticky, and read the r/skincareaddiction sticky. Both are excellent places to start. Make sure you fully weigh up and understand every product you consider buying, and introduce them slowly and with appropriate frequency. The oil is being produced by your skin to compensate for damage to your natural moisture barrier, which makes most people attempt to clean their face even more which only causes exacerbation of the initial oiliness. What products (if any?) do you use now? A great starting point is just making sure you're drinking enough water every day, and slight over hydration is miles better than underhydration. The sticky will explain blackhead removal a lot better than I can, but don't be afraid to Google anything you didn't understand.
>>
I've cleared up the majority of my acne but still get pimples around my mouth

what causes this
>>
>>11269431
I drink a ton of water

I use "Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion" after I shower, otherwise my skin gets super dry and peely and bad

I'm planning on switching to a less harsh facial cleanser, right now I just use the same moisturizing bodywash I use which seems to be a pretty bad thing

I ordered one of those comedone scraper things, hopefully that'll help

I'm still a bit lost on the whole routine thing though, like a toner and all that stuff

I'll check those links out, cheers anon

>>11269440
don't rest your head on your hands, stopping that basically singlehandedly stopped my cheek/mouth acne
>>
>>11269450
Great that you're drinking water. I have some trouble with a few closed comedomes as well, I'm not sure if scrapers are your best bet. Look into AHAs to clear them and BHAs for prevention, but again the sticky is helpful in explaining this. I generally find that toners and exfoliation should be worked in as minimally as possible as people tend to over use them and cause more damage than benefits. I personally use separate products for my face and body, as body cleansers can be too harsh on the face/facial cleansers are gentler and better suited. I use Dr bronners for body. The sticky (i keep saying this I know sorry haha) has lots of dry skin specific info that might be worth you checking out. Again, ease products in slowly and one at a time when starting a routine, a cleanser and moisturiser is a great place to start from.
>>
File: 1438140901667.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438140901667.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
At what point should you stop using tea tree oil on a pimple?

When the white head disappears? There's still a red bump left in its wake.
>>
The Body Shop has a bees wax butter for feet that I once put on my face because I didn't have anything else.
My skin was amazing the next day.
Continued doing it on purpose. Have perfect skin for a year. No white or blackheads, dryness or redness. I had average skin before.
Only product I ever used that actually made a noticeable difference. No joke or exaggeration.
I'd recommend everyone to try it.
>>
>>11268388
Just cosmetics.
Got rid of all of my callouses with filing and creams. Feet feel exactly the same and it's a bitch to keep up so I stopped.
>>
>>11269801
Do you have a picture of the tub/of the ingredients?
>>
Any tips for really deep rooted blackheads? They don't leave naturally, and no joke, are up to a cm deep when they do come out. They also get really infected and painful if I don't remove them.
>>
>>11268417
yeah i have actually, my face just gets really oily. as for the modeling thing, it's not like I'm actively trying to become a professional model but it wouldn't hurt to have decent skin now that I got scouted

>>11268484
thanks a lot anon, that makes sense.
I have understood that accutane has pretty harsh side effects and I can't get it without a recipe sadly
Retin-a seems great though and is available without a doctor's approval in the eu(and not too expensive)

thinking of ordering either 0.05 or 0.025 % asap
should I stop using BP or salicylic acid while I'm on retin-a? is there any reason why I shouldn't try it?
>>
>>11268374
any tips appreciated
>>
any recommendations for a relatively cheap and plentiful moisturizing spf 30 sunscreen?
>>
>>11269902
http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/body/spa-body-treatments/africa-honey-beeswax-hands-foot-butter.aspx

You can see ingredients here.
>>
File: 1401247379346.jpg (73KB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
1401247379346.jpg
73KB, 499x654px
>>11269676
Anybody know? Or is it just one of those substances like Aloe that you can use all the time with no negative effects?
>>
File: What do.png (108KB, 282x193px) Image search: [Google]
What do.png
108KB, 282x193px
I used Benzoyl Peroxide on a pimple about two months ago and it's left this reddish mark. Then another one came in to the side of it and left a blacker colored mark.

What's a good way to fade/remove these?
>>
File: get-rid-of-oily-skin-on-face.jpg (41KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
get-rid-of-oily-skin-on-face.jpg
41KB, 500x481px
My face is incredibly oily and always looks like a fucking slick track. How do I fix this shit? I currently use CeraVe foaming facial cleanser two times a day. Should I get a moisturizer as well?
>>
>>11272273
way too much facial cleaning, u generally want to moisturize after cleaning your face or even getting out of the shower anyways, moisturizer is supposed to lock in moisture and when you clean your face so often ur skin is trying to make up for the dryness and natural oils you strip from your skin 2x daily.

also invest in some oil blotting paper
>>
>>11268982
Cool story and all that but have you got some articles to back up your claims?

This is 4chan after all and for better or worse I immediately regard anything "not yet discussed or new" as trolling.

Nothing personal though
>>
>>11272395
Not that guy but it's is pretty common knowledge at this point that coconut oil is a good moisturizer. Coconut oil is awesome for so many reasons. It's an excellent hair conditioner, moisturizer, toothpaste base, lubricant, and food.

If you want articles just use google dude.
>>
>>11272416
it's also comedogenic and some people have allergies towards it. personally coconut oil gives me a metric fuckton of closed comedones. so you know, different stuff for different people..
>>
>>11240881
I need to read this book for skin care advice.
>>
Just got mildly sunburned on my face, mainly nose and forehead.
Is it still okay to use benzoyl peroxide on pimples that are away from the burned area?

Any other quick tips for sunburn besides aloe vera?
I've become such a hypochondriac now. I have fair skin, and although I'm usually very sun smart, I imagine I'll probably get skin cancer at some point. I guess my best hope is regular checkups and early detection.
>>
>>11272180
which BP did you use
>>
>>11272587
5% from Mary Kay
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.