[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FRAGRANCE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 51

File: sur-le-toit.jpg (218KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
sur-le-toit.jpg
218KB, 1600x1036px
Last thread autosage >>11185864
---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: frag.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
frag.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, use (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
>>
>>11216780
>Le Labo The Noir 29
I agree, it's a great scent. In their top 3 or 4 imo, which is a huge relief since it's their first scent since being bought by Estee Lauder and a lot of people were predicting the worst.
>>
YSL HOMME is my stench of choice.
>>
ok guys im totally confused on what to get
ive tried creed virgin island water and while I currently like it I can see it becoming a scent I hate based on how cloying it is or maybe just the coconut note
I've been trying neroli portofino forte and the regular and the forte is more up my alley but still smells off can't really say what it is
I was thinking of trying MI from creed but I'm open to any suggestions
currently own: TV and TL
hate GIT eau fraiche and eau sauvage
I live in a really hot dry area if that matters much
>>
>>11217118
forgot to mention but im also very interested in some le labo frags
i tried rose 31 but it's something I'd buy for my girlfriend not something i want to wear
all suggestions are welcomed
>>
File: 513M.jpg (33KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
513M.jpg
33KB, 600x554px
r8 or h8?
women seem to love this one for some reason over my other fragances and I like it because it lasts very long
>>
>>11217118
try some stuff from acqua di parma, they make nice summer scents
try colonia, colonia assoluta, fico di amalfi and mirto di panarea
>>
>>11216840
what a gay ad
>>
File: 49316.jpg (137KB, 600x863px) Image search: [Google]
49316.jpg
137KB, 600x863px
Ordered pic related for delivery sometime next week. Only other Creed I own is Aventus. Did I choose wisely? It was less than $130 / 4.2 oz.
>>
File: 61MjA8bcOmL._SL1000_.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61MjA8bcOmL._SL1000_.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
opinions?
>>
have any of you guys tried anything by ortigia before? thoughts?
>>
File: 1440012440201.png (486KB, 473x960px) Image search: [Google]
1440012440201.png
486KB, 473x960px
I want a fragrance that will be perfect for when Russia finally takes over the world, what are some good options?
>>
>>11218279
Just splash Vodka on your neck every hour.
>>
>>11217118
seconding Acqua Di Parma fragrances, in addition to >>11217192's suggestions, try Essenza di Colonia (similar to Neroli Portofino), Colonia Intensa (the most masculine flanker of the original Colonia), and Ginepro di Sardegna (the successor to AdP's wonderful but sadly long discontinued Cipresso di Toscano)

>>11217981
it's my favorite Creed, but if you are looking for something very distinctive and unique, you may be disappointed
>>
>>11218279
pic related
Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
Le Labo Benjoin 19
Novaya Zarya Red Moscow eau de cologne
>>
I just ordered versace pour homme, what shall i expect besides being a basic bitch etc. sorry, my budget is very limited atm
>>
>>11218279
212 VIP has notes of Vodka in it
>>
24, male. Never used perfume/cologne before.

Is the only way to choose a perfume is to go in store? What should I be expecting to spend on a decent scent?

I'm looking for something light yet masculine for the summer.

I have dark thick hair and olive skin. I'm pretty oily.
>>
>>11218643
Yeah, you have to try them in person and that's the easiest way, but you can also buy samples online. I don't know why so many here insist on blind buying fragrances.

Also, never buy bottles retail unless you have no other option. Always cop online, where you can generally expect to pay between 35-75 USD depending on the fragrance. If you went to an actual department store, it would be double that at least.
>>
>>11217118
Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
Dior Homme Cologne
Frederic Malle Geranium Pour Monsieur
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Armani Prive Figuier Eden
Hermes Un Jardin Series
Hermes Eau du Mandarine Ambree
Hermes Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
Tom Ford Rive d'Ambre
Tom Ford Costa Azzura
>>
>>11218473
Although I use it primarily as a casual summer fragrance I find that it has a classiness about it that your run-of-the-mill citrus scents lack. Maybe its the neroli? Although its inexpensive online I certainly don't find it cheap smelling. Compliments galore as well
>>
>>11217128
everything Le Labo makes is unisex, and Rose 31 is one of the more masculine ones desu. their other masculine leaning frags are Patchouli 24, Oud 27, Thé Noir 29, and Vetiver 46 (very similar to Commes de Garcons 2 Man if you've tried that; by the same nose who, in fact, developed the Le Labo from a "prototype" he made the CdG)
>>
>>11218473
Lasts not long enaugh for me
>>
Just got 15ml of this for 8€ (used) on ebay. How you guys like it?
>>
>>11217981
>less than $130 / 4.2 oz.
Where? Any other Creeds priced that low?
>>
>>11217180
I used to wear it in high school but I don't remember what it smells like.
>>
File: PE36M.jpg (276KB, 650x971px) Image search: [Google]
PE36M.jpg
276KB, 650x971px
>>11218473
I would also get Perry Ellis 360 Red to alternate with it. 360 Red is good for any occasion. If you got 20 bucks this is the best cologne you can get for sure.
>>
>>11219391
Fragrancenet had 4 oz testers for $125.99, but are now sold out. The retail box Creed Royal Water with spray cap is listed at $139.99 right now.
>>
>>11217180
Really? I had this and it was pretty meh. I hated the lavender note but then again I hate prominent lavender notes too. I swapped it for a Silver Mountain Water clone. I think I got the better end of the deal.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Bought pic related at work, it's alright by me. My first cologne so I went off of a friend's recommendation. I like the light smell of it. Using it for classes/campus/work.

What's the golden rule for applying it? I usually do two sprays. One on my chest under my shirt, and one on the underneath of my jaw/neck.

Would like it to be apparent if someone is within a foot of me, like when I walk by they can smell, but I don't want to reek of the shit, like you can smell it strongly within a few feet. Where are the best places/amounts of spray to do?

Also
>Suggest something else for me? Would like to buy another bottle in a few paychecks. I'm new to the whole fragrance wheel. I like natural/outdoorsy smells,, so I guess woody, mossy, dry, water, green but more masculine?
>>
File: 1460732420295.jpg (537KB, 1326x1829px) Image search: [Google]
1460732420295.jpg
537KB, 1326x1829px
I want to smell like a forest. Any forest. Jungle forest, Japanese forest, a desert forest, anything. As long as it is good. Help me, please.
>>
Looking for a scent (specific or just general notes to look for) I can wear in a hot humid summer. I like my winter frags to be on the sweet side, like tobacco. I like citrus but I don't wana smell like a fruit. pls help
>>
>>11220509
CDG Wonderwood
>>
File: tsar_promo.jpg (59KB, 419x600px) Image search: [Google]
tsar_promo.jpg
59KB, 419x600px
>>11220509
Tsar is literally bottled forest.
>>
Copped Jubi last weekend and it's still tightly wrapped because I can't bring myself to use such a luxurious fragrance on a work day.

Sad thing is, on my rest day I'm more inclined to wear something casual.

I literally bought a shelf ornament.
>>
>>11221463
Wear luxe or out of season frags in the evenings for yourself after you're home from work. That's the only way I wear Tuscan Leather or Chinatown.
>>
>>11220149
>One on my chest under my shirt, and one on the underneath of my jaw/neck.
that's good enough for most fragrances. i sometimes add a third spray on a wrist (which i then dab on the other wrist) or under the shirt around the belly button, occasionally both if i really want to project or the scent is abnormally weak
>>
>>11220509
Check out everything from the brand Juniper Ridge, also:

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
Bottega Veneta Pour Homme
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache
Loewe Esencia Pour Homme
L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe
>>
File: a_coign_of_vantage-large.jpg (148KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a_coign_of_vantage-large.jpg
148KB, 688x1000px
Looking for "projection monsters". Got a few questions

> Any experiences with Fleur du Male, Fahrenheit 32 and Gaultier 2 ?
> Versace's the Dreamer has a pretty good sillage score on fragantica but some comments say that on them it doesn't last at all, has anyone here tried it ?
> Does Thierry Mugler's Pure Havane smell as tacky and guido as the bottle makes it look ?
> Are there any women fragrances with strong projection that could work for a guy ? Like Shalimar and Mitsouko for instance.

Thanks
>>
>>11222107
When I wear Bond Scent of Peace for Him I can easily be smelled from ten feet away. More or less the most powerful frag I own.
>>
>>11222107
I got Fleur Du Male and its definitely a projection monster. Two sprays with it and you're good to go. In terms of smell its very different from Le Male, its much sweeter with floral overtones.
>>
>>11222107
I'm a girl and wear the original dior Fahrenheit quite often. The sillage is unbelievable.
>>
>>11222107
>projection monsters

Creed Aventus
Serge Lutens Chergui
Dior Homme
Le Labo Vetyver 46
>>
>>11218004
This i love, the only issue with it, that it doesn't last long.

One of my gotos in summer besides Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil and Annick Goutal Mandragore
>>
>>11223297
Which other men's / unisex fragrances do you enjoy wearing?
>>
>>11222107
Thierry Mulger A*Men is pretty massive, if you put more than 3 sprays you suffocate a small nation.
>>
>>11220509
>Japanese forest
CdG x Monocle Hinoki
>>
Cheaper designer alternatives for Reflection Man?

Love the full-yet-light feel of it to the nose, and the minty/slightly mentholated vanilla quirk it has.

On the other hand, I can do without the tortilla chip heart note.
>>
File: russell-westbrook_byredo.png (554KB, 954x390px) Image search: [Google]
russell-westbrook_byredo.png
554KB, 954x390px
we /sp/ now
>>
19, Male
I'm new to fragrances and I want something that'll smell nice for spring/summer and give off a nice comfy warm scent. I haven't really looked to deep into fragrances until now and it seems really cool how much more to fragrances there is than just "smells nice".

Is there anything worth getting here?
http://www.tkmaxx.com/womens/fragrance+perfume/icat/1611#esp_cf=ESP_Rational_Style&esp_filter_ESP_Rational_Style=MEN%27S%20FRAGRANCE

or could any be recommended that'll be good for the season. Though I'll put in that I live in the UK so the the weather is bad and it rains alot, maybe something that would fit in with this weather too.
Sorry if this is too vague, it's my first time in one of these threads so I just looked at how other people posted.
>>
>>11226274
If it's a cooler day in the summer, go with "Play Red" by CdG or "2" by CdG. If it's hotter go with "Play Green"

BTW, during Fall/Winter, or maybe some nice chill Spring days, go with "Divin' Enfant" by Etat Libre d'Orange.

>Play Red: Fruity, a nice warm spicy (but not black pepper-tier spicy), really red and playful scent
>2: Aromatic, also a bit spicy but not quite like Play Black or Play Red. Smells like Ink, Aldehydes, Magnolia, and other good stuff.
>Play Green: Mint, Lime, Vetiver, etc. Very green, really refreshing, good shit.
>Divin' Enfant: Very sweet, semi-gourmandish. A bit floral, with some tobacco and leather

These scents DO walk the line, so if you're a silly shit who is nervous about that, stick to Play Green only.
>>
is terre d'hermes something you could wear every day? alternatively la nuit de l'homme, dior homme or bleu de channel
looking for something universal that works in most settings during most seasons
>>
>>11226480
Thanks, I'll look into these.
>>
>>11226570
Yeah, Terre d'Hermes is a year-round every situation type of fragrance.
>>
>>11226274
Also, just to add. I'm looking for something cheapish. Under £50 hopefully, just to start out with.
>>
looking for some suggestions—really love CDG kyoto but it doesn't seem to project or last more than a quarter day—any recommendations for something similar?
>>
>>11226857
Guerlain stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 500x371px
King tier Summer night fragrance. Unnaturally expensive, but JUST.
>>
New to fragrances, looking for recs.
Looking for something to wear as a signature, everyday scent. Am a small 18 y/o grill and I like my youth. I prefer lighter scents that aren't crazy or overpowering, leaning towards a slight hint of florals and/or vanilla. A little stronger might be okay for when I'm feeling more bold. I'm currently looking at Lolita Lempicka and L'eau d'Issey Issey Miyake for women. Anything come to mind? Don't really have a huge pricepoint if it's exactly what I'm looking for, but under $150 would be nice.
>>
>>11226274
faggot that is a women's fragrance
>>
>>11228659
>>11229180
>small 18 yr grill
>calls her faggot

Anon can't read
>>
>>11229180
you misquoted

>>11229251
>19, Male
both of you can't read
>>
>>11229180
Didn't you see the Mens fragrance filter.
>>
>>11228659
La Vie est Belle by Lancôme.
Orange blossom, iris, jasmine and vanilla. I think you'll like it.
>>
>>11228659
Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane
>>
How can you tell how long specific brands last? I'm looking for a casual friendly work oriented scent that lasts all day and doesn't need to be resprayed at lunch time.
>>
Do you catch other people wearing some of the fragrances talked about in the community? Like how often did you smell acqua di gio on other people since it's the msot popular fragrance ever aparently?

Continuing that, have you ever smelled aventus on someone else?
>>
>>11230343
you can check a perfume's Fragrantica page and it shows users' votes for longevity and sillage
>>
DIY fragrance? Anyone?
>>
>>11230401
I have a coworker on whom I've smelled Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Another coworker copped a decant of Aventus from me so he smells like that most days.
>>
>>11230401
I've smelled Versace Eros out in the wild twice
>>
>>11230343
Like the other guy said, fragrantica, but when testing IRL, it is better to rely on other peoples' noses, as you never know when you are suffering from olfactory fatigue, esp when you are new to a fragrance.

And you didn't say what season or a price range, but here are a couple general purpose casual work safe affordable suggestions with great longevity:

360º Red/Black fM
Cool Water
Gucci pH II
TdH
>>
>>11230401
I have a friend that wears versace pour homme but that's about all I ever notice.
>>
>>11230434
I'd like to start, been looking at getting some supplies from the DIY link in OP but it would probably just end up a waste of money due to the inherent trial and error involved
>>
>>11230401
Very rarely, but then I don't go to clubs. The extent of my gawn oot is live music at...clubs, but not "club" clubs, you know? I've maybe smelled AdG a handful of times in the wild. Aventus once. I really don't notice people wearing scent much at all, unfortunately, since I love it and would totally like to talk about it.
>>
File: 41kHcwyztRL.jpg (30KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
41kHcwyztRL.jpg
30KB, 500x429px
What should I expect from this fragrance?
>>
>>11230401
not very often, really. i'm not well acquainted with some of the very popular scents like 1 Million so i couldn't pick it out of a crowd (i do have a bottle of Acqua Di Gio i got as a gift, but haven't actually come across it in public). i have smelled what seems like Aventus, Santal 33, and CdG 2 Man fairly regularly, though, and it seems like every other middle-aged woman has a bottle of Chanel No. 5

but the scents i come across most are those cheap smelling body sprays girls get at like Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works.
>>
File: nd.9502.jpg (53KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
nd.9502.jpg
53KB, 300x352px
This or original Le Male?
>>
Can any (australian) fragrance shoppers recommend good places to buy online? Lots of places in the sticky don't ship to aus or have crazy shipping costs. I forgot how expensive things were at retail prices here - $90 for a typical designer frag is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>11232019

I just buy my stuff off ebay.
>>
File: 01_1visuel_eausauvage-produit.jpg (177KB, 679x910px) Image search: [Google]
01_1visuel_eausauvage-produit.jpg
177KB, 679x910px
Pic related arrived today, and it was love at first spray. I've never tried the original Eau Sauvage (EdT or EdP) and copped this "flanker" primarily because I am a fan of cologne-style fragrances. This one is relatively dry and completely non-floral, lacking any neroli note. It's still definitely a cologne, as I get various citrus notes along with petitgrain. The vetiver base is light and makes for a smooth finish. I'm very interested in the supposed effects of hedione in women and will test this out as my daytime date fragrance.
>>
>>11231514
Try DIY-forum on basenotes.
>>
>>11232052
This is a dad fragrance man. I'm not saying it smells bad but it's usually for older men.
>>
>>11232102
This is the Cologne version (2015). As a Cologne, shares almost none of the notes of the original 1960's edition, which is a Dad fragrance.
>>
File: 2345235.jpg (106KB, 1054x768px) Image search: [Google]
2345235.jpg
106KB, 1054x768px
Please rate my set for Summer /frag/
>>
>>11232411
It's pretty good. Don't like Guerlain's Vetiver though
>>
>>11232447
There's one weird note that reminds me a dentist cabinet, but I love its herbal and earthy tones
>>
File: Vetyver.jpg (52KB, 387x400px) Image search: [Google]
Vetyver.jpg
52KB, 387x400px
>>11232460
I prefer l'Occitane's Eau de Vetyver. Smells like a forest or something, humid as fuck with mosquitoes I guess.
>>
>>11232411
3/10
>>
Original Terre D'hermes or Eau Tres Fraiche?
>>
>>11232040
cheers. any sellers you prefer or do you just shop on a case by case kind of basis??
>>
>>11232019
For run of the mill fragrances, Chemist Warehouse and Priceline have you pretty well covered. The 7 or 8 frags I have gotten from there have always been legit and more or less held to what I've read about them on Fragrantica. Definitely not grey market sourced imo.
As for the more expensive designer brands, David Jones & Myer are your best bets, even though it's pricey as fuck. If you're nice to the saleperson and show a genuine interest in the product, they'll be very inclined to knock up some samples for you. One guy in Sydney Market Street David Jones gave me a 3ml sample of Tobacco Vanille & Neroli Portifino and I wasn't even buying a fragrance, I simply just asked.

Just make sure you sample sample sample before you commit to a bottle. You don't want to drop a hundy and regret the bottle.
>>
>>11216840
I like Indigo by NEST. Really light floral fragrance.
>>
>>11232774
Oh and a decent website for your well known Niche houses like Nasomatto, Amouage, Tauer etc etc, try Mensbiz(.)com(.)au There was an article on Fragrantica about niche fragrances in Australia and that was one website mentioned.
>>
>>11232411
Odyssey smells like cat piss, Mugler cologne is a decent soapy frag & Vetiver is amazing.
7/10
>>
>>11232509
I have the EDP and I would take that over fraiche. Although, every /frag/ thread for the past 6 months, someone always raves about the fraiche version. As for a summer frag, it's top 10 imo. But there's something about the EDP that is just intoxicatingly nice, especially it's phenomenal projection, longevity & compliment factor.
>>
What do I do if a fragrance lacks longevity?

I'm reluctant to just spray more, as I don't want to smell like a Turk for an hour or more.
>>
Guys, getting a Versace Eau Fraiche for this summer, but looking for something else along the line for other days. Any personal recommendations?
>>
>>11232811

Thanks anon
>>
>>11232820
Be aware that olfactory fatigue is a very genuine thing. Just ask a close friend that you're testing out a new fragrance and you're curious if they can smell it at a distance.
To increase longevity as well, grab some non scented moisturiser or lotion and apply a pea sized amount to your pulse points, let it rest for a couple of minutes then spray your fragrance on those areas but not too close up. You don't want a single concentrated drop of fragrance. That's one trick to increase longevity but also just be aware that some are just not meant to last, Tom Ford For Men lasts about an hour and a half on me then it's straight to skin scent, even with moisturiser. it's heartbreaking because it's such a nice scent. Anyway, I hope that helps in some way.
>>
For a guy, what is a daytime equivalent of Tom Ford's Black Orchid?

Something that is sophisticate and has all the markings of a feminine scent yet can be strongly argued to be unisex.
>>
>>11232866
Thanks. I'll try that
>>
>>11232851

Versace pour homme is GOAT summer scent.

I'll be getting eau fraiche when summer rolls around again
>>
>>11232851
Versace Pour Homme
Boss Bottled
>>
>>11232646

No. There's one guy I buy 10ml creeds off.

Everything else I just go the cheapest (from within Australia). If it's fake you get a refund and you get to keep it (tell PayPal it's illegal to send counterfeit goods)

Other than that chemist warehouse/etc.
>>
>>11232851
I recommend CK One or Terre d'Hermes (any variety) for a nice citrus contrast to the sweeter VMEF.

>>11233067
>>11233079
I just received VPH / Versace Signature last week and am not really impressed with it at all. It's clean enough and definitely fresh, but just not that interesting to my nose. VMEF is a better crafted fragrance in my opinion and much longer lasting.
>>
>>11233092
Oh, and the VPH sprayer is the worst I've ever used for decanting purposes. Wasteful atomization even with the slowest and most gentle of presses. Dior and Bond have the most decant-friendly sprayers in my experience thus far.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
how's this?
>>
>>11226274
Any more suggestions? I don't mind any other categories as long as they're nice.
>>
>>11233021
Diptyque Tam Dao
Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose
>>
>>11232866
>You don't want a single concentrated drop of fragrance
I haven't done any side by sides, but as the smelly part of a fragrance is the oils being heated by your body heat and evaporating off your skin, which should last longer: the same amount spread thinly across a large area, or a "thicker" application on a smaller area? My money is on the latter. Whether this will make 5 minutes or two hours of longevity difference, I have no idea, but it makes sense on paper... Mind you, this is just for longevity, and likely at the expense of projection. Your method sounds better for projection.
>>
>>11232480
I have this. Smells very earthy which is good but I think I smelled it (or something similar) on an old guy and now I get an old man fragrance from this
>>
File: aq.jpg (101KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aq.jpg
101KB, 1000x1000px
>>11233138
>nice comfy warm scent for spring / summer

I really enjoy Aqua Fahrenheit

http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/dior-fahrenheit-aqua-eau-de-toilette-75ml-spray-16330.aspx

Priced right at £50 with 10% coupon, idk if there are better prices on other UK sites.
>>
>>11233346
Well vetiver is pretty common
>>
>>11233369
Guess I'll have to swap it.
>>
>>11233374
Is pretty common for guys with good taste. :^)
>>
>>11233387
what. It doesn't smell bad, it just reminds me of the old guy I smelled it on
>>
>>11233374
Certainly going to limit your options if you going to avoid anything with vetiver in it. One of the most common notes in masculine fragrances, up there with bergamot and cedar
>>
>>11233408
Nah I don't think it's veviter specifically. Just the overall composition. Maybe I'll hold on to it and once I forget the smell I'll pick it up again.
Also I'm 22, is Eau de Vetyver too old for me anyways?
>>
>>11233425
No m8, I'm 21 and I wear it without a problem. Guerlain's Vetiver smells older to me.
>>
File: 51IR5UZIQvL._SL1126_.jpg (38KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
51IR5UZIQvL._SL1126_.jpg
38KB, 1126x845px
what's a superior version of this?
>>
>>11233363
>http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/products/dior-fahrenheit-aqua-eau-de-toilette-75ml-spray-16330.aspx
Thanks, I'll look into it
>>
>>11233446
ELDO - Tom of Finland
>>
>>11233437
I'll hold on to it for a bit then

>>11233446
I have a 6.7 fl oz bottle, Kind of glad because I got a really good deal on it. Women love it, it smells similar to Mont Blanc Legend and the Intense version.
Chanel Platinum Egoiste smells similar (less so) but is better blended and doesn't have the metallic note Fierce has when you put your nose up to it.
>>
Wore Jubi yesterday and it was arab sultan-tier.

Went back to the store and got Interlude and Memoir for heavier/lighter days.

Comfyest incense/10
>>
File: crw.jpg (353KB, 1057x1289px) Image search: [Google]
crw.jpg
353KB, 1057x1289px
My cheap Creed Royal Water tester arrived today and I'm giving it its first wear. Wow, pretty great stuff. It's a classical citrus aromatic - tons of sharp citrus over mint, basil, musk, and ambergris. Absolutely not groundbreaking but damn it feels super high quality. Happy with purchase @ $126.
>>
i want to find my signature scent.
the only perfume i liked so far is poison and mod noir.
although scents like si lolita/decadence are pleasant for me, i dont imagine myself wearing them.
i'm not fond of aldehydes (usually). please guide me ;_;
>>
>>11233276
You could very well be right. But I always thought the two went hand in hand
>>
How long does the average bottle last if you use up two sprays a day?
>>
>>11234458
Depends on the size and how often you use it (how many others you rotate from).
>>
>>11234458
It's going to vary.

Here's some shit math:

Let's assume your bottle goes 5 sprays per ml (which is an absolute lowball ass amount, I'm doing it for demonstration purposes. It's usually sometimes double that.)

5 sprays * 50 ml = 250 / 2 = 125 days consistently to go through that bottle.

Or a 100 ml would be 250 days / 8 months. So considering it's usually double that amount of sprays per ml, sometimes a little bit higher, 1 bottle can last you well over 1 year. AND if you don't use it every day + use other bottles.
>>
>>11234458
http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/08/19/perfume-for-life-how-long-will-your-fragrance-collection-last/
>>
>>11233092

VPH isn't meant to be 'interesting' though. It just smells gud and is cheap.

>>11233133

I love it. get the edp over the edt. performance could be better
>>
>>11234458
just a 50 mL bottle will last you well over a year at that rate
>>
Copped
F
Habit rouge
MIP
Trussardi
>>
>>11232102
>>11232130
I usually count other kinds of perfumes as "dad" perfumes or things older men who generally are uninterested in perfume wear to smell good.
Eau sauvage is too strong and too fresh. I'd say something more like Bois du Portugal or a boring fougere... Although I like it a lot, maybe Bel ami.
They also tend to buy these cheap "colognes" that are available in bulk, aka in litre bottles. Splash-on kind of stuff. Axe is nowadays also not only popular with teenage boys.
>>
>>11233168
I'd say Tam dao is as unisex as they come
>>
>>11233021
Frederic Malle En Passant
Hermes Mandarine Ambree
Le Labo Iris 39
Le Labo Bergamote 22
Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea
L'Artisan Caligna
L'Artisan Seville a l'Aube
Penhaligon's Ostara
>>
>>11234817
>Bois du Portugal
yeah, I generally discount the idea that there is an age-appropriateness factor to choosing fragrances, but that one is definitely the exception for me.
>>
Anyone can recommend something with a lavender scent or base?

Something either for men or unisex and under $60 is preferable.
>>
>>11217180
>>11220096
Besides the lavender how does this smell? Is it a light or heavy scent? What kinda scent does it got going on?
>>
>>11235938
Serge Lutens Gris Clair (~$60 on Fragrancenet)
Etat Libre d'Orange Antiheros ($85 tho)
>>
>>11235952
Honestly you'll probably have to sample it. I hate it but some people like it
>>
File: image.jpg (410KB, 737x706px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410KB, 737x706px
This is what I've been using for the past two years. I get complimented on it daily, but I'm pretty bored of the smell now. Can someone recommend me an exciting but safe choice that would get similar love? Looking to spend at most $120
>>
>>11237582
dior sauvage is up the same alley, i enjoy sauvage a lot more though
>>
Recently picked up the new J'adore Lumiere by Dior and I love it, it's my first scent and it's very nice. Very pretty, floral, spring and innocent. It's not very good for night wear though when I want something a little more sexy,cheeky and fun, any recs? Nothing too crazy or overpowering.
>>
>>11237582
Buy a tester bottle of Chez Bond. They can be had for like $107. I can't stop receiving compliments on it. It's absolutely more than just a Green Irish Tweed homage, as it is much sweeter and more easygoing with its mossy base. I find it so much easier to wear than the Creed.
>>
>>11233973
it's $111 new @ fragnet with free ship why did you buy a tester for more dollars?
>>
>>11239303
not him, but the tester is 4 oz. and a new bottle is 2.5 oz.
>>
>>11239346
tru
>>
I just bought Dior Homme Parfum. I read a lot of reviews saying it's a "night" scent, but when I sampled it it seemed more versatile than that. Any opinions? Would wearing it to work/uni be overpowering?
>>
>>11239606
I own it as well. When I visited the U.S., it was perfect for New York and Chicago during the winter days and nights. Although it was cloying and horrible when I was in LA. Suit yourself and if it works for you, it works for you.
>>
>>11239606
>seemed more versatile than that. Any opinions? Would wearing it to work/uni be overpowering?
yeah, i think you can wear it during the day in late fall/winter. don't think you can it can work out of season though. use at work/uni only with a lighter application than you would when out casually or socially
>>
File: 68448M.jpg (27KB, 600x403px) Image search: [Google]
68448M.jpg
27KB, 600x403px
This or Lanvin Avant Garde?
>>
>>11240628
both of these are very good fall/winter scents and are gonna feel sickeningly thick in warm weather
>>
>>11220509
CdG Amazingreen
>>
File: _straight_outta_whole_foods.jpg (997KB, 2800x2094px) Image search: [Google]
_straight_outta_whole_foods.jpg
997KB, 2800x2094px
Live in Florida, hot as fuck most of the year, 25 y/o male, work in office.

Currently only wear issey miyake, thinking about buying tf oud wood but it's not exactly something I would wear daily in the office.

whats something I could wear during the day that'll turn heads?
>>
>>11241256
>turning heads
>office
poor form
>>
>>11241273
I wear only a very small amount. I often have to be close to people in my line of work, want a nice scent in my close proximity. It's not an uptight office.
>>
>>11241273
>>11241288
I guess turning heads is a poor choice of words. Looking for something unique, that will make someone think about it when I'm close to them.
>>
>>11241256
A q u a
F a h r e n h e i t
>>
>>11241256
>Currently only wear issey miyake
Living the dream. Where do you work? Post closet senpai
>>
>>11241442
>only wear issey miyake
i assume he meant he only wears L'Eau d'Issey pour homme. quite far from living the dream 2bh
>>
>>11241442
I meant just the fragrance, I wish I could pull off full issey. I work in a corporate office for a fashion retail company.
>>
File: IsseyMiyake-unameid.com_.jpg (243KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IsseyMiyake-unameid.com_.jpg
243KB, 2000x1000px
>>11241497
>>11241503
oh lol. I didn't realize what thread this was
>>
What should I expect from Ulysse by Vicky Tiel?
>>
>>11240628
It's not the season for neither.
>>
Why do you guys wear fragrances? Is it for other people or more for yourself? Genuinely interested
>>
>>11242241
myself mostly, I just like things that smell good or interesting. i'd say 9/10 people really don't give a shit how someone smells unless they reek from b.o. or soiling themselves or something
>>
>>11242241
I like to smell good and I occasionally smell my arm too. Sometimes I wear it to finalize a good fit. It makes me more confident knowing I smell great.
>>
>>11242432
Right on. I think that's probably accurate. But to add to that, it's rare that I smell a fragrance on someone in public/at work that I actually don't dislike... and I wonder if it's even worth getting into.

Is it something you that learn to appreciate and hone out some personal taste for like beer or music for example? Or are most people just making shitty decisions with their fragrances?
>>
>>11242629
Depends. Worrying about how a fragrance projects, smells compares to various other batches etc etc. shit literally means nothing to other people. Most people will just say "you smell nice as usual anon" or "I really like this fragrance" instead of, "man I'm really digging the fruity batch memeventus you're rocking today". That shit only really matters to yourself.
>>
>>11242629
>>11242782
Anyway, so anyway, I regard it a hobby. 50% for you, 50% for others.
>>
File: community_image_1419897122.jpg (56KB, 544x339px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1419897122.jpg
56KB, 544x339px
My last name is Angel.
Choose me some ladykiller lotion.
>>
>>11242789
Cheers
>>
>>11242800
Secretions Magnifique
>>
>>11242241

grills > myself
>>
>>11243597
>He thinks cologne will help him get laid!

baka
>>
>>11244473
When I know I smell nice I'm more confident
Confidence is attractive to women
Yes, fragrance can help get you laid
>>
>>11244609
>When I know I smell nice I'm more confident
>Confidence is attractive to women

yep, but that's about as far as frag will get you
>>
File: 1461175489019.jpg (96KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1461175489019.jpg
96KB, 900x900px
I'm staying with my some of my family this Summer in Texas, and I'll be getting a job at an amusement park because I think it would be fun.

What's a good fragrance to wear while I work?

It'll be a bit spacious, so I don't have to worry about something being an absolute beast and choking people out

Here's what I want:

1. Nice projection/longevity
2. The scent to be interesting
3. Preferably a bit cheaper

ty
>>
>>11244940
gasoline
>>
>>11244903
>that's about as far as frag will get you
t. /r9k/ virgin
>>
File: image.jpg (925KB, 1993x2656px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
925KB, 1993x2656px
can anyone id this bottle/the house that makes it?
>>
>>11244979
So Dior Fahrenheit then?
>>
>>11244940
Some cheapies that will do well in the TX heat:

212 Men
360º Red fM
Kouros
Set Sail St. Barts for Men
TdH
Guerlain Vetiver
>>
>>11246166
>Kouros
Haha.
>>
>>11244473

Nope. Married so I'm well accustomed to not getting sex by now.

Wear it for the compliments.

Wait I guess you're one of those creeps who thinks that as soon as a girl says a word to you it's clearly because they're into you. How many girls have blocked on facebook brah?
>>
File: 1460582279714.jpg (144KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1460582279714.jpg
144KB, 768x1024px
Been wearing Success by Trump.
Pretty good considering the bang for the buck I've gotten from it.
Not gonna run out anytime soon, but whenever I re-stock I'd like something with a similar scent but with more staying power (I've noticed the scent of Trump leaves sooner than I'd like)

Any recs?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>11246653
D&G Light Blue is said to be vaguely similar, and it has stronger power.

Montblanc - Star Walker has some similar vibes, but is different. it has more citrus but it's got some woods, bamboo, ginger, and is a bit spicier, similar to "Success".

While it's a different scent in general, I would recommend Montblanc - Individuel. It's really great. Smells like Creed's Original Santal.
>>
>>11246359
You sound like someone who has never tried it. It shines in the summer heat.
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/276811-Your-favorite-season-to-wear-Kouros-%28if-you-had-to-pick%29
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/196966-Finally-tested-Kouros-in-summer-heat
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280111-Kouros-in-Summer!
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/191456-Kouros-in-summertime
>>
>>11246653
>Any recs?
kill yourself
>>
File: 1460687353196.jpg (81KB, 352x515px) Image search: [Google]
1460687353196.jpg
81KB, 352x515px
>>11246745
here's your (you). spend it wisely.
>>
when you think of the highest, toppest quality frags, what house(s) comes to mind?
>>
>>11246763
Le Labo
Diptyque
Serge Lutens
Amouage
Hermes
Tom Ford Private Blend (along with Black Orchid and White Patchouli from the normal line)
>>
>>11246763
The houses that have produced the highest number of my favorite frags are YSL and Chanel, so I will go with them.
>>
>>11231808
expect to smell like A*E*S*T*H*E*T*I*C*S
>>
>>11233133
Very solid frag. Nothing crazy, but very good.
>>
>>11246763
>>11246837
seconding Amouage
>>
How is the new Armani Code? Profumo or something.

Honestly every single review I've heard off people is they either love it or hate it. It always s as black and white as that.
I personally really like Armani Black. Proumo any good?
>>
>>11217180
Fuck, that takes me back
>>
>>11218279
Drakkar Noir
>>
>>11248199
It's fine. I prefer the Special Blend.
>>
copped F by fgmo
copped pe 360 red
copped lc curve
copped ed hardy villain
these all smell great for being sub $100
>>
>>11248316
Tell more about villain
>>
>>11248316
quality > quantity

you could have gotten 1 or 2 bottles of good stuff for the price of those four. and it will take you a few years at least to get through all of those bottles, so in the meantime you'll be stuck with a fuccboi-tier collection
>>
>>11248509
>quality
>anything to do with price
>>
>>11246763
Dior
Chanel
Hermes
Guerlain
Serge Lutens
Frederic Malle
Tom Ford Private Blend
Amouage
Xerjoff
Roja Dove
Diptyque
Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Byredo
>>
>>11248199
Personally I love Code Profumo. I think you have to really like sweet fragrances in order to get it though. Kind of has a One Million-ish vibe in the opening which I think is the main source of its criticism but it eventually settles down into a wonderful Tonka & Amber. Performance is incredible too, blows the original code out of the water
>>
>>11248595
>Byredo
what do you rec from them?
>>
>>11248525
Honestly, this fallacy is silly. Seems to be more common with newcomers.
>>
>>11248509
360 Red is almost identical in quality to the 4 times as expensive AdG it's copying.
>>
>>11248525
>>11248749
>>11248889
lel poorfags
>>
>>11248986
>I like to pay 5 times as much for an identical product, just because I can
>>
>>11248320
It's like a longer spicier version of The One D&G
>>11248509
I went with cheaper frags as I have majority of what I love for "top"? tier fragrance. Don't knock it, at least not until you've tried it
>>
Any thoughts on CB I hate perfume? I got a sample of Day At The Beach 1966 and a sample of Faggot

Not floored by either of them but they are nice
>>
>>11249245
A lot of what they make is good.

A lot of what they make has absolute fucking garbage projection/longevity and is way, way overpriced.

But yes, it's nice. I want to try a lot of their stuff but lmao they blow dicks at giving away samples for a decent price.
>>
>>11249260
Yeah I'm noticing the projection is an issue with both of them
>>
>>11248669
Pulp
Mojave Ghost
Accord Oud
Bal d'Afrique
Sunday Cologne
>>
>>11216845
>female, but don't want anything too girly and don't mind men's fragrances
>everyday
>love the smell of tea
>not too sweet
>I wear a lot of black
>hoping for something somewhat cheap (<90)
>live in new England, looking for something that I can wear year-round
Anyone with similar tastes have any they've liked? I'm sort of new to fragrances and I'm so overwhelmed.
>>
>>11249788
All Great Tea Based Fragrances:

Bvlgari Black
Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge
Bvlgari Eau Parfumme au The Noir
Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight In Paris
L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two
Gucci Pour Homme II
Rasasi Al Wisam Day (Creed Silver Mountain Water Clone)
>>
>>11249788
Blvgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge
Blvgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
L'Artisan Tea For Two
Commes des Garcons 2
>>
>>11249841
>>11249832
Thanks guys! I'll check all of these out.
>>
fragrance anons.

I went out today and was in a park just after a rain. some flowers were blooming near by and it was probably 62ish degrees Fahrenheit. I wish I could bottle the scent it was so good. I just stood there for like 10 minutes breathing it in.
>>
>>11250161
CB I Hate Perfume - To See a Flower
>Delicate spring flowers (hyacinth, daffodils, jonquils & crocuses), green shoots, wet dirt & a bit of moss

Smell Bent - Brussels Sprouted
>The forest after the rain

Demeter - Rain
Demeter - Thunderstorm

Demeter's mostly just the "petrichor" stuff, but it could be layered with florals, I guess.
>>
best summer tom ford scent for male?
>>
>>11250266
Neroli Portifino
>>
>>11246763
Amouage
By Kilian
Creed
TFPB
Xerjoff
Tauer
MDCI Parfums
Frederic Malle
Memo
Purdistance

Go niche or go home
>>
File: Capture.png (33KB, 723x208px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
33KB, 723x208px
what am i in for bros?
>>
>>11250662
About a three to four week wait.
>>
File: LuxExpose-Tom-Ford-Soleil.jpg (143KB, 1200x702px) Image search: [Google]
LuxExpose-Tom-Ford-Soleil.jpg
143KB, 1200x702px
>>11250266
his summery scents are mostly pretty average 2bh (his Fall/winter are god-tier tho). my favorites are all from the Private Blend line: Venetian Bergamot, Mandarino di Amalfi, and Fleur de Portofino

related, but as anyone tried his newest PB scent, Soleil Blanc? it's summery, and supposed to be reminiscent of classic luxury suncreens of the past a la Bond no.9's Fire Island (which I adore for the first few hours until the very musky dry down)
>>
I never wear fragrances. The only one I own is Eau d'Orange Vert which was a gift and despite liking the scent have not worn in 5 years.

However when I put lavender oil on a blemish, my lady said it smelled wonderful and that she would like me to smell so good all the time.

So what fragrances give off a lavender oil vibe?
>>
>>11251413

>>11251413
Lavender is an old school, old man kind of fragrance note these days. Your woman just wants you to smell nice, not necessarily like lavender. I say buy two or three good value fragrances and see what the both of you enjoy. You can explore further based on her responses.

Some safe starters for you under $35 / 100 ml:
-Versace Signature
-Perry Ellis 360 Red
-CK One
-Rasasi Al-Wisam Day
>>
>>11251736
>guy clearly wants lavender scents
>"fuck you and fuck lavender. get this shit instead"

nigga, do you even fougere, and maybe his woman loves lavender on men? also, nothing about lavender by itself is "old-fashioned," its just as dependent on the other notes.

>>11251413
some (relatively) cheap lavenders you might want to look into.

L'Occitan Eau de Toilette by L'Occitane
Luna Rossa by Prada
Pour Un Homme by Caron
Eau Noire by Christian Dior (pricey, but because it's only available in a big ass bottle)
Serge Lutens Gris Clair
Etat Libre d'Orange Antiheros
Diptyque Eau de Lavande

those last three have the worst price-to-volume ratio if you want to keep it cheap
>>
>>11251413
Would it be cheeky to say lavender oil? The thing is, lavender is a broad spectrum depending on the flowers. It can smell musty, sweet and "old mannish" as said, or it can smell fresh, bracing and sharp. I don't care for the former, and while I like the latter, it still isn't one of my favorite notes, so I only have a couple recs, other than the very stuff your woman said she liked:

Agua Lavanda
Jo Malone Amber & Lavender

Of the other anon's recs (the one who actually recommended lavender scents), I used to own Pour un Homme and to me it is the musty variety. The L'Occitane is on my "to try" list.
>>
>>11251736
>>11251889
>>11251950

Thanks everyone. Do you all tend to buy several small sample sizes before a whole bottle?

I actually don't mind old man scents. I tend to dress like one anyways. What are some good old man scents?
>>
>>11251993
Yes, buying a whole bottle blind is a gamble. That said, Agua Lavanda is so cheap, it's not really worth the trouble of sampling. Anyway, here are some lavender-forward scents that while are too "old mannish" for me, and my tastes run towards the mature, but are very well reviewed and you might love:

Caron Pour un Homme
Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
The Third Man

Oh, and forgot to mention another one I like:
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée
>>
>>11251387
>Bond no.9's Fire Island
I like it, too. Mixes well with farts.
>>
>>11251387
smells like coco butter
source: sister owns a bottle
very pleasant but it's not for me or men imo
>>
>>11252585
lolwut
>>
>>11253062
Still sounds good to me, think I'll give it a shot
>>
>>11250266
Azure Lime
Grey Vetiver from the mainline
>>
ive been using texas cedarwood pure essential oil, lately. it's super pure, super strong. smells amazing.
>>
>>11217180

Women like p much everything
>>
>>11255772
what do you dilute it with?
>>
>>11231808
Clean and soapy

I own it myself and rate it 6.5/10
Its a very clean smell, nothing too impressive but cheap.

Its $15 dollars on amazon :)
>>
100 ml tester, pic related @ beautyspin for $110 w/ code niche5us
cop y/n?
>>
File: tumblr_o0idmwIYN11smxkhio4_500.jpg (121KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0idmwIYN11smxkhio4_500.jpg
121KB, 500x750px
newfag here

why do fragrancefagshate "frigid" fragrances

im not even talking about shit like d&g light blue or other watery blue stuff, but even higher end frigid and cool stuff by like serge lutens

why does everyone seem to prefer shit so sweet and spicy it makes your anus walls stick together
>>
>>11256467
if it's legit then hell yes
>>
File: candour.jpg (63KB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
candour.jpg
63KB, 1000x798px
Anyone tried this?

http://humieckiandgraef.com
>>
>>11256472
I am unaware of any bias, particularly here, except all the meme stuff is usually for f/w weather

If anything, it might be because those heavier scents are typically stronger performers and some put too much stock in those qualities
>>
>>11256467
yeah. Bond No. 9 is good, but their retail price is absolutely ridiculous, almost as expensive as TFPB or Amouage and they aren't at their level
>>
>>11256472
Not following you. Could you rephrase the question?
>>
>>11217180
Gave me allergic reactions.
I usually get that from cheap or shitty perfumes.
Probably some ingredient in it
>>
>>11257105
His question is why most people on here and other places love and keep talking about dark, heavy scents while light fresh ones are mostly ignored.
>>
>>11257189
I guess because lighter fragrances tend to be very similar in essence to one another. Dark fragrances can be a little bit more inventive. That's just my opinion.
>>
>>11257324
If people looked past designer stuff, they'd realize this isn't true
>>
Just ordered a 100 ml tester of Guerlain Vetiver for $26. Did I do good? Will I smell like old man? I have never experienced vetiver as anything more than a base note really.
>>
File: typical_aventus_user.jpg (30KB, 360x356px) Image search: [Google]
typical_aventus_user.jpg
30KB, 360x356px
I've stopped wearing aventus, every time I smell it on someone, they're black and wearing gold sneakers and shit. It literally smells like niggers to me.

It's a real shame, it's such a nice smell. I wear it on weekends when I'm cleaning up my apartment but I always scrub it off before going outside.

Just needed to get that off my chest. It's socially unacceptable to say stuff like this IRL.
>>
>>11258387
It's very harsh and works best at low doses. To me the sour citrus is just a little bit too close to my sweat odor, so I avoid it in hot weather, but it also doesn't smell quite right as a deep winter fragrance.

I'm not ashamed to say I like the idea of guerlain vetiver better than the real thing.

And no I wouldn't call it an old man smell. More like a smell that you have to be impossibly handsome and sexy to pull off. Like, if you're the kind of guy who can make it sexy to spray on some toilet bowl cleanser, then you're the kind of man who can wear Guerlain Vetiver.
>>
>>11258579
they are probably wearing that Sean John clone 2bh. and ffs keep your company to upper middle class or better
>>
>>11258607
>ffs keep your company to upper middle class or better
That only works if you live in a shithole like LA, in real cities you come into close quarters with poor people when riding elevators and taking trains.
>>
>>11258614
>taking trains.
poorfag detected
>>
>>11258631
>trains are for the poor
flyover detected
>>
>>11258637
Los Angeles here. Trains are for the unwashed proles.
>>
File: 81T2quPmQCL._SL1500_.jpg (104KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
81T2quPmQCL._SL1500_.jpg
104KB, 1500x1125px
>>11258387
>>11258603
Funny, it's one of my favorite hot weather fragrances. The tobacco is dry and spicy and not too cloying at all and the vetiver keeps it fresh. I have the ribbed bottle, but they can't be that dissimilar. Then again, I am impossibly sexy and handsome...
>>
>>11258579
I apologize for selling my Mexican and black coworkers decants of Aventus.
>>
>>11258694
your public transit is shit, that's why, along with the rest of your """""""" city""""""""
>>
>>11258714
I thought the same about transit when I lived in San Francisco as well. It's just an objectively inferior way to get around, cost notwithstanding.
>>
>>11258695
I don't get any tobacco, at all. Maybe there's something to all this talk about reformulations.
>>
Anyone know fragrances similar to Polo Champion, preferably oil

>Champion is a fragrance for all men with Patchouli, Sandalwood, Truffle, Dark Chocolate, Ylang-Ylang, Black Currant, Bergamot, Orchid, Fruity Notes, Incense and Vanilla.
>>
>>11216840
Hurry and help decide what perfume to get my mom for Mother's Day?
>>
>>11258789
Sephora gift card to let her choose her own scent desu
>>
>>11258789
Secretions Magnifique
>>
>>11258789
amouage sunshine woman
>>
>>11258810
>amouage
¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥
>>
>>11258824
why don't you love your mother?
>>
>>11258756
>Polo Champion
Is that Ralph Lauren?
>>
>>11258789
I'm giving my mother 5ml vials of each of my unisex Bond and Creed fragrances and a fragrancenet gift certificate so she can order a bottle of her favorite (or something else).
>>
>>11258734
From what I have read, the tobacco note is indeed stronger in the 2000 ribbed bottle version, but it is apparently still quite present in the current formulation in the classic bottle. Perhaps you are anosmic to that note? Or if it is a newer acquisition for you, sometimes it takes several or many wearings to "get" a fragrance and all its notes.
>>
>>11259091
I've worn it about 10 times at this point. I did, however, used to smoke every tobacco product under the sun, until about 7 years ago. It's likely my idea of what "tobacco" is doesn't actually match up with their IFRA-approved synthetic tobacco accord, which is pretty much how modern fragrance works anyway (salt? no fragrance *actually* smells like salt but somehow we all understand what it means)
>>
File: nd.13015[1].jpg (50KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
nd.13015[1].jpg
50KB, 300x435px
Wearing this. Smells good man.
>>
>>11259118
>used to smoke
Congrats! December of this year will be seven years quit for me as well. Funny, just today I smelled a mint note for the first time when I wore a sample of Roadster. I have several frags with a mint note: Cool Water, A*Men, Cubano Gold, Le Jardin de Monsieur Li, Live Jazz, Aqua Fahrenheit, but have never detected it until today.
>>
recs pls

>male
>20 yo
>sub €40
>summer
>work/day/whatever

Only frag I own is Burberry London which I like a lot. I wear mostly monochrome and earth tones.
>>
>>11259208
I forgot to mention the part where I'm hopelessly addicted to 21mg nicotine patches, but thanks, same to you and best of luck.

I find sometimes another fragrance sensitizes me to a certain note. Like, Chergui used to be nothing but pipe tobacco and diapers to me (speaking of tobacco) but now I get a lot of patchouli after wearing Bond No 9 NY Oud for the last season.

I still don't like Chergui but it's interesting to experience.
>>
Has anyone tried this? Never had anything from versace before.
>>
>>11259234
Ha, I own and like (but not love) Chergui, but I never wear it. Tends to get too sweet and powdery for my tastes. Maybe if I lived some place colder I'd get more mileage out of it. Definitely a very different tobacco from GV, whose tobacco is more like dry cured cigarette rolling tobacco, like Bugler. Bone dry and spicy. Never got patchouli from Chergui, though.

And never did the patch, but about six months after I quit cigarettes I started smoking weed after many years. Guess I have to have some vice...
>>
Can someone recommend a fragrance with a distinct oceanic scent? Bonus if somewhat melancholic in terms of mood.
>>
File: nd.474.jpg (34KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
nd.474.jpg
34KB, 300x344px
So I bought a 10ml decant of pic related.

Finally tried it out today. The dry down smells good as fuck
>>
>>11259469

http://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Sea-Water-324.html

>>11259229

Versace Pour Homme

>I wear mostly monochrome and earth tones.

Well change it up
>>
>>11258869
Well, it's Beverly Hills Polo Club which is basically a generic ripoff of Ralph Lauren but I can't seem to find what Ralph Lauren fragrance it's ripped off of, if it even is. With some research though apparently it's ripped off of Tom Fords "Black Orchid".
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>11259956
Pic related

>The attention is captured by a sensuous blend of Black Truffle and Ylang mingled with fresh Bergamot and delectable Black Currant.
A dramatic signature unfolds with the custom-made Tom Ford Black Orchid blended with dark, tempting florals and rich fruit accords. The heart is deepened with the intoxicating Lotus Wood.
The decadent Noir Gourmand accord is balanced by Patchouli, Incense and Vetiver. Vanilla Tears add a fluid creaminess to warm Balsam and smooth Sandalwood.
>>
got a sample of avignon, like it but was kind of hoping itd be less woody and more smokey/"dark" than it is, any suggestions
>>
>>11259923
>The dry down smells good as fuck
Agreed, but that first hour or two is far from good imo and where all the Cool Water comparisons come from (afterwards, the two are night & day in scent and quality)
>>
>>11260106
Heeley Cardinal is like Avignon but with the austere, church-like incense played up more
>>
>>11260403
Not the other guy, but Cardinal has a sour touch to it that ruins the thing. Zero church vibe.

Amouage is a standout incense line for me.

Jubilation opening and the heart of Dia has that frankincense note I look for. The former has rich fruit, the latter has light florals. Fate has the most churchy vibe in the opening, but afterwards it's just curry soup on me.
>>
>>11259229
Terre eau tres fraiche
>>
Does anyone have anything to say about the house Galimard?
Context: I received as a gift one of their sample packs and I didn't mind some of the included fragrances.
>>
File: cdg-2.jpg (36KB, 550x447px) Image search: [Google]
cdg-2.jpg
36KB, 550x447px
How does cdg 2 compare to cdg 2 man in terms of projection and longevity? I like the 2 man but i'm looking for something more fresh to wear in warmer weather. I also have YSL La Nuit de l`Homme which I like, but wish it had more projection & longevity, if anyone has any different recommendations.
>>
>>11259302
Its really a club-only/night-time party fragrance. Not really versatile anywhere else
>>
File: OK_ELECTRIC_WOOD.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
OK_ELECTRIC_WOOD.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
Has anyone ever tried room 1015 fragrances?
Cant find any accord desctription
>>
>>11260908
performance is good, but its not the freshest fragrance (tho still decent for warm weather, it can work year round)

and summer scents are lighter and use notes that fade quicker, so you aren't going to get monster sillage and longevity out of the vast majority them

if you like vetiver, the main note in 2 Man, try Prada Infusion de Vetiver, The Different Company Sel de Vetiver, Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
>>
>>11260908
>>11261716
and vetiver is in the base for La Nuit (tho not the most prominent of its notes), so that might be a favored note of yours
>>
Can somebody please explain to me why my La nuit de l'homme shower gel smells much better than the actual fragnance? the shower gel smells like the real deal, only darker and manlier, and the actual fragnence turns bland in comparison. is there anything i could do to smell like the shower gel? should i buy the frozen cologne version, intense or EDP? I bought it in a gift set btw and i think its the reformulated version
>>
Where do you live and what fragrances do you smell on other people around there?
>>
>>11261993
I have one but I haven't used it. I'll take a look at it.

>>11263392
I rarely smell fragrances. I've smelled Versace Eros twice though since February
>>
>>11263392
I live in southern California. Lately I have identified Versace Man Eau Fraiche twice, on a coworker and again on a stranger at the gym. I also recently caught a distinct Aventus trail while in LAX terminal 2, though I couldn't identify the source. Other than that I still come across people wearing various Axe and Old Spice body sprays.
>>
>>11261704
no, but im pretty sure im going to blind purchase power balad
>>
>>11263392
Mississippi
no one i know wears perfume
>>
I wear foxglove perfume rn. Any suggestions for dark, musky, wet non-designer fragrences?
>>
>>11259302
I personally really like it, I think it could be used for more casual settings besides the club. However, you're probably not gonna want to wear it in the upcoming summer heat.

In terms of smell, it has a 1 Million party vibe but is more sweet and has this sharp green apple note on the top. The dry down on this is amazing, the green apple notes dies down and leaves behind a nice sweet vanilla base.

Its also strong, it will last you 6+ hours depending on how well you usually fair with cologne. I would also say it projects about a good 3-4 hours and never really becomes a skin scent after that.
>>
>>11263392
Nobody wears anything. And if they DO, it's generic crap. Not even the more 'normal' stuff like Acqua Di Gio, Cool Water, etc. Just basically rubbing alcohol they sprayed on themselves.

Good thing is that every guy I've known to wear fragrances around here get very aggressive compliments.
>>
>>11259302
Vanilla, tonka bean and mint. I don't get the apple but I guess that's the mild citrus in it.

I have a mini and a single dab is pretty potent. It's going to be cloying from a spray bottle in the heat.

I say aim high and get Reflection man instead.
>>
>>11263392
Generic aquatics here in the tropics, and they all smell alike to me. I have smelled Fahrenheit a couple of times, Bleu twice also, and AdG and Lacoste White once each. That's since December.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>11265421
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.