[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

T-shirts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5054.jpg (285KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5054.jpg
285KB, 1100x1100px
How much would you pay for one?
Second hand (eg. Grailed)?

I'm considering getting some Undercover (or Uniqlo Undercover 'UU') stuff, and some of the T-shirts on Grailed are cool, but they're about $50. The non-Uniqlo ones go even higher than that, obviously. Pic related is an Undercover t-shirt, but it's closer to $100 so I'm not gonna get it.

And when it comes to designer T-shirts, you can go all the way up to those weird graphic Raf t-shirts that sell for $300 a pop. Or do you only buy Muji and Uniqlo tees for less than $20 each?
How much are your t-shirts? How much was your most expensive one?
>>
File: shirts.jpg (114KB, 1500x444px) Image search: [Google]
shirts.jpg
114KB, 1500x444px
>>11197330
shud i cop these?
>>
>>11197330
i always kinda regret buying expensive tees desu. for sure undercover has a shit ton of nice graphics, but for the money I'd rather get something more substantial.
>>
I would probably pay max $100, and only if there's something special about it (unique fit, material, dying process). Buying expensive t-shirts that just have the brand logo on them is hypebeast as hell, it's like you like the brand itself and its connotations more than the brand's actual designs. But I guess it's a good moneymaker for the more experimental labels.
>>
>>11197482
Yeah, I recall going to check out the Uniqlo x Lemaire stuff, and the shirts actually felt like they were made of better material iirc, so I could justify paying a bit more for that. I can see where you're coming from, though.
>>
>>11197330
I don't like spending crazy amounts on t's but I can justify around 100-150 for some nice basics. Acne Studios, Wings + Horns, T by Wang, John Elliott all make nice simple great quality t's. The most I've ever payed was like 250 for a Y-3 t-shirt, but it was elongated and had a cool cut and awesome panel stitching so honestly I dodn't even have buyer's remorse
>>
i'd say max like 150, esp since i end up buying so damn many of them
>>
Undercover shirt for $50 is a steal. Don't bother with the Uniqlo collabs. His scab collection is goat.

With graphic tees, outside of streetwear, undercover, raf and cdg shirt is usually the only acceptable. Band tees ONLY IF YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE and prep basics (ie APC, maison kitsune etc) work sometimes too. Never heat transfers, only screenprints and stitches/patchwork.

>>11197339
No. Full body squares are unflattering, the rallizes and ash ra shirts are definitely fake - and you should only be rocking an ash ra shirts ironically anyway - and Health is as uncool today as a unknown pleasures tee. kys
>>
>>11197462
you can always make your own designs and print them on tees? or just copy what ever you find online. would that be a lot cheaper, thought about doing that myself, but not sure what the price or quality would be like?
>>
File: image.png (21KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21KB, 592x533px
>>11197744
Yeah im interested in how expinsive it would be to set up a press and how hard it is to copy designs and so forth.
>>
>>11197559
Wouldn't say 50 bucks is a "steal". They go for around that much pretty frequently on YJ and Rakuten.
>>
>>11197744
I feel like that's just cheating, though. Like, I get it, there are cool graphics, but faking them is just…fake. If you're gonna print graphics on tees, you might as well make your own graphics instead of copying someone else's.

I mean, it's not that far off from wearing fake Yeezys or printing "Vetements" on a cheap raincoat or something.
>>
>>11197559
>and you should only be rocking an ash ra shirts ironically anyway

if you do anything "ironically" you're a fucking dweeb of the highest order
>>
>>11197339
w2c Ash Ra Temple shirt?
>>
>>11197330
max i would pay maybe 50 bucks
i think some tees would be worth it to pay a more expensive price for but not for me with my economy
>>
>>11198693
Irony in fashion has a history that long predates hipsters. Lurk more newfag
>>
>>11199032
I'm not that other guy, and what you say might be true, but

http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/03/the-rise-of-the-fashion-hipster/
>>
File: 1460538496058.png (1MB, 1314x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1460538496058.png
1MB, 1314x1378px
>>11199242
That's a dumb article, it's trying to critically engage vetement's irony by commenting on the class of people sporting their clothes.

Vetements isn't being /worn/ ironically, the label's design incorporates elements of irony, appropriation etc. Which, again, is nothing new in fashion, as the article alludes to with Goscha, another contemporary engaging in a similar practice.

An example of wearing an ash ra tee ironically would be incorporating it into a kraut/psych rock inspired fit, or one deconstructing the era's look. And their imagery and sound is itself in engagement with psychedelic rock imagery, which itself involves heavy appropriation (ie the s/t's egyptian motifs, the logo's 'groovy' font etc) with varying degrees of irony.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.