/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buyer from eBay opened a dispute against me for no reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: help.png (394KB, 1164x768px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
394KB, 1164x768px
This buyer is trying to scam me.

I sold a $900 pair of shoes to him on eBay. He paid through PayPal. I described them perfectly in the eBay listing and said they were only worn once and look new. There is 10 photos of the shoes in the ad. I should note that the pictures are not tagged with my username, which I hope won't screw me over.

He received the shoes 10 days ago, yet I just got an e-mail now saying there was a PayPal dispute (which he immediately "escalated" to a claim) and he was citing all these absurd reasons such as "Externally damaged, different design/pattern, different model, substitute, color difference (severe), missing quantity, missing parts"

It's like he checked off a ton of the pre-entered PayPal options they give the buyer for why you're opening a dispute/claim.

The fact he frivolously selected all those things is a sign in itself that the guy is trying to screw me over, shouldn't it be? (in PayPal's eyes). It would seem a lot more realistic if he had just 1 claim (which wouldn't be true anyway) but the fact he selected a bunch of widely varying problems is insane. Especially 10 days after receiving them. If there was truly that many problems, logically any buyer would've tried to contact me or open the dispute immediately.

What do I do? What should I respond to PayPal with? I already messaged the guy on eBay asking why he opened a dispute, that my pictures/description were perfectly accurate, and asked why he's doing this.
>>
Contact customer support and fuck that guy over. My friend went through something similar and ebay responded back in 10 minutes telling him that he won the case
>>
>>11196225
He is almost definitely trying to screw you over.

Contact paypal about it ASAP but the shitty thing is that paypal usually rules in the buyer's favor from the stories I've read.

If they rule in his favor the best case scenario is that you refund it and he sends back the item, and it's undamaged, which is unlikely.
>>
>>11196225
Tell PayPal essentially what you've told us. Presumably you have previous positive feedback selling stuff?
>>
>>11196225
don't fret. just state your case, that everything was described as it should've been, that pictures were accurate, etc etc.

paypal and eBay are usually pretty good about detecting scams or anything like that, so you shouldn't have to worry.
>>
I should also add that my eBay account has 9 feedback (all from sales) and is 4 years old.

His eBay account is like a month old and has 1 feedback.

I really hope the PayPal worker reviewing this is smart enough to realize it looks like an obvious scam, but I'm worried because I got screwed before as a seller.
>>
>>11196320
you should probably contact ebay about this as well
>>
>>11196225

You've got his address.

Okay then.
>>
>>11196320
Contact eBay and PP and tell them that as well.
Also message the buyer and ask him SPECIFICALLY what is wrong with it and how it's different from the pictures you provided
>>
>>11196225
Ask him to take pictures of the "damages" and then compare them to the ones you took.
>>
>>11196554
>inb4 he rips up the shoes then takes pics
>>
>>11196560
but then he wouldn't get anything out of it, he'd get a refund but wouldn't have scammed the product
>>
I'm a seller and some fucktard tried to rescind a purchase he made by claiming that the shoes I sold him "squeaked"

PayPal sided with me. Just tell them everything you know and explain the situation to the best of your ability. Don't call the other guy a scammer and try to slander him it won't benefit anyone, write a couple paragraphs to PayPal and add pictures if necessary, let facts speak for themselves.
>>
>>11196588
adding to this

There's no way you'll get your money back unless you make a case and present it to paypal, just tell them what you know.
>>
>>11196225
Don't worry OP, you'll win. One time, I got disputed on paypal because someone bought my shoes and they didn't fit him. I had very clear photos and description of size. Obviously I won but it was annoying having my money frozen for sometime.
>>
>>11196225
>>11196225
iirc tweeting at paypals account gets you a faster response and they're usually more understanding of ebay related stuff on there, rather than the manual filing process
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.