[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolute must have starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: 212-Akira-25.jpg (21KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
212-Akira-25.jpg
21KB, 500x753px
Heyo, 6' ginger here. What kind of things to I have to have as starters? With Uni coming, in intend on refreshing my wardrobe and dressing better, and I'd like to start from scratch.

I'm asking mainly like: To live normally and still be /fa/ I'll need 3 white shirts, 2 jeans etc...

Pic not that related
>>
full rick
>>
Get a pair of black, stone wash. and indigo jeans
>>
>>11186039
Rick Owens right? Do I believe the hype or naw?

>>11186045
What, what and what?
>>
Raf Simons
Rick Owens
>>
I had a friend ask me to shopping with him to get an entire new wardrobe. His budget was AU$600 and we spent $300

I bought him:
>4 ascolour tees
>1 pair of Levis
>1 pair of chinos
>3 button shirts
>1 military surplus jacket

And he bought some good boots with the left over
>>
>>11186053
Hah can you afford it? If you can go for it for sure.

Also stupid questions go in /fuccboi/ general. your question is a question of taste. if you don't know your own tastes, you don't even know yourself.
>>
>>11186059
usually what im DRESSED EEN
>>
>>11186060
Sounds good, but what is ascolour? I know what the rest is.

>>11186062
Over time I plan on doing this; not just in one day.

Generally, I like a solid shirt, be it a v neck or crew, and a pair of jeans. Jacket/watch to taste.

I just get the impression from this thread that your wardrobe expands expotentially is you get the basics. Won't ever really need to upgrade with the basics good to go.
>>
>>11186060
Also always buy well made classic pieces if you're starting off. 'Trendy' things go out of style and you'll feel like an idiot next year. Trendy stores usually make their clothes like shit as well because the customer doesn't know any better
>>
>>11186073
Near me I've got a Old Navy/ The Bay, Mark's work warehouse, and that's about it save for small boutiques.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>11186070
AsColour sells blank basics, pretty decent quality for a good price.

The more you buy online the cheaper they become, so you can get an array of different coloured shirts for cheap
>>
>>11186045
This

Along with tees in basic colors like white, black, gray, earth tones etc., a couple button up shirts, and a few hoodies or crewneck sweatshirts
>>
>>11186076
Just go on uniqlo.
>>
>>11186077
Do you know if they ship to Canada?

>>11186079
Are colours generally difficult? I've got a couple solid blue shirts atm already.

Also: Thrift Stores: Yay/nay?
>>
>>11186053
For example here's what my three are. Levi 511 blue stone. Uniqlo slim jeans. Hm black slim. Pretty poorfag jeans but they are fine imo. Take note you have entirely any store you want to buy from to get these colors.
>>
>>11186084
Only three pairs of jeans total? You /1pairorpants/ too?
>>
>>11186082
thrift stores are a definate yay

if your lucky you could pick up some cheap ralph lauren stuff and impress all the bitches, though you might seem a little douchey
>>
>>11186082
It will never be a waste of time to check a thrift shop every now and then. If you like what you see and you won't have second thoughts about wearing it in public after you buy them yes.
>>
>>11186086
>>11186092
Ok. If there's anything my tiny town has it's thrift stores.
>>
>>11186085
Well yes and no. Those are pretty much my staple in leg wear but I do have shorts for summer (chino gym ie) and pants for more formal occasions.
>>
>>11186098
Fair enough

Thanks /fa/. I appreciate it.
>>
>>11186034
If you're new to fashion, this is not the best place to start - most of the people here who know what they're doing encourage individuality, and those who think there's a set wardrobe for being /fa/ are either new as well or clueless. Being /fa/ isn't a style or a wardrobe in itself - it's being able to own who you are, what you do and what you wear. Confidence is key.

That being said, if you want to get started with some basics, a pair of stone wash (light blue)and indigo (blue) jeans each are a good start like >>11186045 said
(especially for spring and summer). Probably don't need black for this season yet unless you really want some. Also can't go wrong with some white and light grey t-shirts. As for shoes, I wouldn't say there's any basics, but usually simpler is better.

Some general tips - redirect all simple questions like this one to the fuccboi general. Don't follow trendy or eccentric styles (including dick showens, palewave, etc) until you know what you're doing and you're sure you'll like it for longer than a year or two. Higher quality clothes will not only last longer, but feel better and look better - save up, do your research, and buy sparingly. And of course, fit is EVERYTHING - don't buy something unless it fits perfectly or you've added the costs of tailoring to your budget.

Half of looking good in your clothes is being skinny and 6'+, though, so given enough time you'll turn out fine. Lurk moar.
>>
>>11186126
Thanks based Anon. I shall continue to lurk.
>>
>>11186034
i think this board is much less helpful when learning about fashion than, say, /lit/, /mu/, /trv/, /out/, or even /tv/ are when learning about there respective things, which are the other boards i frequent. With this in mind, you may want to find some other outlets for fashion information.
>>
>>11186053
Don't get full rick, it's an in joke here. You can still get it of course but you'll get lots of weird looks and rick pieces are the opposite of "must have starters"
>>
tuxbell.com

read everything while you are at it
>>
>>11186060
where did you go? in aus too
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.