[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1458649334718.jpg (826KB, 1120x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1458649334718.jpg
826KB, 1120x1638px
/fa/ is probably a shit place to ask this because everyone on here is a NEET but all the forums for this kind of thing require have lengthy sign-up processes.

So I just got offered a job modeling and I can't decide if they're scamming me or not. They're a reasonably sized (US and Canada) agency with over 30 years in the game, quite successful models, and everyone there I've talked to seems quite genuine. By signing up with them I'll get discounts at a load of the nicest stores in town which would, to me, would imply legitimacy. On the other hand, the representative who gave me the contract seemed enthusiastic about me almost to the point of suspicion and price of a test shoot is frankly pretty fucking steep. What do you guys think?
>>
>>11154037
they are charging you for a test shoot ?
>>
>>11154063
yeah, and I've read that that's a red flag
but like I said they come off as extremely legitimate for the most part so I don't know how to feel about it
>>
>>11154074
scam
>>
They may just be using the companies name, and aren't actually legitimate representatives of them. I would contact the head office (find the number on the internet or something) and see if they know about this person offering you a job
>>
lol have fun at the casting couch
>>
>>11154344
Lol
>>
>>11154331
Definitely not, all this has been in their office at the same address listed on their main site.

>>11154316
That's too simplistic an answer though
Like I'm scrolling through their models and a good chunk of them have done some seriously big-name work so it can't be just a scam and nothing more, right? Also I was referred to them by a pretty public figure who wouldn't want to be affiliated with scam artists.

>>11154344
Will do bb
>>
>>11154375
i've been scouted by a legit agency and they never charged me for anything.

i didn't sign the contract after all, but they've explained the procedure. according to what they told me, i wouldn't pay for my test shoot and the whole "getting me out there", but it would be a kind of a debt that i would pay back to my mother agency on my first job.
they didn't tell me how much the "debt" would be, but they said it's paid back on the first job their models get.

that's all i can tell you from my experience, it's not much but enough grounds to advise you to do more research - maybe try to contact some of their models
>>
>>11154491
Thanks for your help man, you're the first one to actually give any insight
>>
>>11154037
If they make you pay for anything it's a scam. A real modeling agency won't make you pay for shit.

I live in LA and they got so many "modeling agencies" that make you pay for your test shots or whatever. Fucking scam.
>>
>>11154744
Fuck
I can understand the logic behind this but at the same time I look at their models and see shit like front covers for Vogue
I've yet to see an explanation for why they can be the mother agency for such high profile models if they're a scam
Maybe I'm trying to justify it to myself, I don't know
This whole thing's confusing as fuck and kind of upsetting honestly
>>
yo dude here's the deal. I was a model for sutherland models in toronto. fuck off i'm not posting proof. For the people who they are think are 10/10's they'll pay for all the test shoots, but for people like you, maybe you're an 8 but have a unique look so it's a risk for them. That's why they won't pay for your test shoot. So no, it's not exaclty a scam, i'm sure the company is legit if they've got the big names. But that's why they are asking you to pay for the test shoot. They think you COULD be good but they don't want to back it up with money now. FYI the industry is vain as fuck and not that fun. but kinda a good experience if you're the type to get out of your comfort zone
>>
>>11154943
Thanks so much for helping, if you don't mind me asking, what was your experience going into the business? Honestly I love the idea of being able to travel for work right out of high school, and the way they were speaking to me heavily implied they'd let me do that.
I'm in western Canada, by the way.
>>
>>11154982
Are you prepared to take a no as an answer even if you paid for the shots? If so, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>11155024
Well it'd be a lot of money going to waste but I could probably survive
Would it lower my chances if I were to ask them why I'm footing the bill?
>>
>>11154037
First off OP, anybody can model and those agencies will never turn down anyone willing to give them money for "representation".
Second, if you are paying for shots that means the risk is on you and they don't necessarily believe you could see much work. Honestly if you know someone with a DSLR and free time you could begin your modeling career for free and get the same amount of exposure online. You could also always check Craigslist or maybe some local blogs or something, I assume you are a guy and that tends to be a bit tighter competition since most advertisements focus on hot ladies but it's all about how much effort you put into it. Modeling is more than making a pouty face, it's almost like acting mini scenes with someone snapping away.
>>
>>11155033
Have never been in the industry but if it were me, i would get tf away from there. If i'm interesting to them then i might get somewhere where my money is not at stake, even if it's a smaller company. I don't know the specifics of your situation, so you might have a different opinion but i guess that's what i'd do. i think if the don't take the risk to pay for the shots they might as well not have the risk to include you in their company
>>
>>11155050
You have some solid arguments honestly, though I don't agree it would be "the same amount of exposure"
Honestly I'm exhausted and need to sleep on this a little though, the whole ordeal is kind of stressful
Thanks for the help

>>11155058
That's a decent point. I'll talk with them a little and see what happens. They legitimately seem like good people, maybe I can negotiate something.
>>
modeling is not worth it unless you're really hot and then you'll be scouted
>>
>>11154063
>>11154316
/thread

They could be a legit company doing this at a low level to get some income or could be pretending to be a company theyre not

DON"T DO IT ANON
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.