[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with Acne thins? Pic is the carbon, was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (85KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 720x1200px
Anyone have experience with Acne thins? Pic is the carbon, was debating between these and the vintage wash.
>>
Acne makes a solid low-priced jean. Just research the cut you want - I think most are skinny.
>>
>>11154008
Thin is their skinniest cut. On the fence about what wash to get, though
>>
>>11154000
this wash looks legit
>>
Acne Studios is the sort of brand where if you just market your fast fashion brand as a design conscious quality minded brand people who don't know any better

there is so much noise within the fashion industry mass markets that most of the consumers today are totally lost and you have your average consumer stating things like

"what does a classic fashion house offer me that i can't get from forever 21?"

Nothing wrong with the people, it's just flashy shiny gimmicks are cooler and attract more money than traditionally well designed items with with functionality, longevity, fit, finishing and material sciences at the forefront of their work.

Acne Studios is an example of flash

Acne pays the most attention to marketing, flash and design layout of the store.

as well as a nice unboxing and shopping experience.

however all that is made to detract you from what you're actually putting on

a made in china fast fashion piece with machine stitching only
>>
>>11154068
sounds like you know what youre talking about, is this the same for apc nudie and other brands?
what brands are actually high quality?
>>
>>11154079
Apc, nudie and acne studios are actually high quality they're not worth the price but they're definitely better than fast fashion brands.
>>
>>11154115
APC raws are the best sub $500 raws you can get. Best cut. Best make.
>>
>>11154186
people actually believe this

APC was a little different, they were marketed as a not-super high end (PBJ etc) but equivelent to diesel, citizens of humanity type deal on denim blog early on.

/fa/ sort of caught wind of this like 5 years after designer denim became a thing in the early 00's for teens.

Someone somewhere reccomended the apc selvedge denim thing because they did a sale that is now long gone on superfuture before the massive overhaul of the website years ago.

where you can buy or sell gently used denim to the store, selling got you 50% a new pair plus some dollar discount making the denim relatively cheap.

this has long since been discontinued (10 years now) but /fa/ latched onto it because well, most people here aren't very intelligent and parrot what a few people they aspire to be say

but from my experience with apc you don't get what you pay for if you pay full price, the denim is pretty low quality, the rivets are fake just like the acne jeans.

something with real rivets is like RRL or levis vintage where they use vintage presses to actually hold the material at the rivet rather than just have a copper colored branded cap for show

also compared to cone or even kaihara youre ot getting great denim from them really

better off going uniqlo if you don't mind sloppy work (inline with apc)

but if you want a cleaner finish akin to acne, something like naked and famous (the non-gimmick ones) will set you straight
>>
>>11154068
>a made in china fast fashion piece with machine stitching only

>thinking country of origin means anything anymore
>thinking machine stitching is bad

lol
8/10 made me reply

>>11154079
they don't

>>11154201
rrl and levis vintage is a completely different market than acne is
but also
>a company that specializes in denim
>making better denim than other manufacturers
would would have never guessed

>better off going uniqlo if you don't mind sloppy work (inline with apc)

really? lol c'mon man
>>
>>11154201

You can still trade in APC denim

The quality on their jeans is fantastic btw, I've owneda lot of pairs of jeans but my Petit Standards have been worn almost daily for 5 years without a single wash and are yet to show any sign of holes or seams falling apart.

Bought a pair of April 77 Joeys (great jeans) after I bought my Petit Standards which fell apart after 3 years and 2 washes

A pair of Uniqlo slim jeans fell apart after a year and a half and ~5 washes

511s lasted 2 years and 2 washes
/fa/ likes to be contrarian and now that liking APC is no longer a contrarian opinion it's funny to see how people will rip on it. Their clothes are pretty high quality, the simplicity of the design is what most people are thrown off by- a fair and valid reason to dislike the brand. If you don't want to pay 80 euros for what is a t shirt with a basic design, regardless of quality, that's fair enough but ultimately you are getting what you pay for.
>>
>>11154219
People saying apcs are bad & apcs quality.. no idea who to listen too
>>
>>11154238
go try on a pair
manufacturing is inherently flawed because humans still have to participate in the process
not all jeans are made perfectly
the seams have an eighth of an inch tolerance +/- that can be off from the brand's measurements
the fabric can be cut off grain and twist on a person's leg (if you own any of this, throw them away, return them if you can)
seams could suck
the dye could suck
the fabric could suck

and there could be another pair of the same style by the same manufacturer that have none of these problems
>>
>>11154238
ive had 0 issues with acne/nudie despite everyone talking trash
apc was crotch blowouts for my pal
>>
>>11154238

Go and see for yourself in store

If you want I can post some pictures of my Petit Standard for you to see how they look after 5 years, which may give you some idea of the quality. It's up to you to decide whether that quality is suitable to a) your standards) and b) your idea of what you're getting for the price
>>
>>11154263
ive been lurking for a few months now trying to educate myself better on quality clothing, i have a few years money saved i just need to know whats the best to get in the "mid" tier quality of jeans

sucks when people have mixed opinions its pretty unclear what to get
>>
>>11154238
I wouldn't spend money on acne, levis, nudie, naked & famous, PBJ, or any of the other brands when I can get APC.

APC cut is closest to Dior raws.
APC fades the best

Nudie/acne and the rest just do not fit me nearly as well. I'm 5'11 and have an athletic build.

I cannot wear skinny jeans. Slim tapered look the best regardless.
>>
>>11154272

Stay away from others opinions on here, even mine.

Because of my personal experience, I'm very much for APC Jeans, but that doesn't mean that others will agree, because their personal standards will differ.

I can't speak for Acne since I never bought the jeans, only saw and felt them in store. I prefer my APC.

The best way of educating yourself is to go and look and (sadly for your wallet) buy to see how they do and whether they hold up to your expectations. Only ever use this board as a place to get ideas for what concepts and styles may look good, it's opinions are usually pretty trash but occasionally you may find something you like.
>>
>>11154311

yes my nigga
>>
>>11154008
>low price
>250+
What do you so for a living?
If perma-virgin "NEET" what does mommy and daddy do?
>>
>>11154000
those look better than my stay cash :(

Remorse now real
>>
>>11154905
Compared to $800+ Diors it's a low price. Even working minimum wage 250 is what? 3/4 of a paycheck?
>>
>>11154311
>APC fades the best
APC fades fast and has high contrast but I've always thought that the high contrast fades look pretty gross. Fading is preference anyway.
>>
>>11155011
That's only because designer clothes increase in price exponentially. APCs are mid-tier in price.
>>
>>11155011
Do you not pay rent? Bills at all?
>>
>>11154219
>worn almost daily for 5 years without a single wash
nigga what, gross
>>
Bought a pair of acne aces a while back and still look good, only pair of black skinny jeans I own actually. I'll start copping d02s though, already stocked on wyatts now just need denim and some tshirts and I'm good. Hows the quality of the denim in the SLP perma collection?
>>
>>11155325
not him but im 18 make $25 an hour and live with my dad, no bills or anything and i pay for everything i want myself
>>
>>11154068
Stop trying to be poet. He dead. Amen.
>>
>>11155541
barely better than acne/apc

which wyatts did you get tho
>>
>>11155568
How the fuck are you making 25 an hour at 18
>>
>>11155011
>Spending 3/4 of your paycheck on a pair of jeans

What kind of hood rich nig nog would do this?
>>
>>11156468
SS16 tobacco and leather
>>
>>11154238
They tie for best in the not-tasteless-consumerism bracket with N&F.

>>11154263
Do people just assume everyone lives in a 5mil+ megacity?

Most people can't try shit like that on.

>>11154201
Dude stop talking. Owning both APC and Uniqlo are not even close in terms of materials or quality control. Uniqlo doesn't even sell denim, it's like stretchy 6oz jegging material. They look alirght but I use them as work pants and they were destroyed in like 3 months. ANd I'm a busboy, I'm hardly abusing them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.