[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to /fa/ when poor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
I'm literally broke all the time. Uni student with shitty job. Mainly shop at thrift stores but almost never anything good there. How to dress well when poor?
>>
Use depop
>>
thrift. cheap basics. depop ^

also, you're in luck. 90s sportswear is still in so if you're a fan you can get any number things from the thrift store
>>
File: must-haves+for+men.jpg (86KB, 570x490px) Image search: [Google]
must-haves+for+men.jpg
86KB, 570x490px
Invest in long lasting quaity items with basic styles that can be incorporated to many outfits. In my experience, a utilitarian style is best for this.

Don't buy highly stylised clothes that you will lose interest in in a month, and avoid fast fashion trends. Buying new outfits from h&m every week either because the previous outfit is either out of trend or falling apart will wreck havoc on your wallet.

Plan on getting your utilitarian basics, but don't rush into buying lots of items at once. Take your time to build up your wardrobe that you will use for a season or longer. Slow fashion is your friend, fast fashion is your foe.
>>
in short you can't be too trendy when broke. you just gotta get by with the thrift you can find and the basics your mom pays for. dont be an idiot and forgoe food for sick cops, fashion isn't as important as some of the people on here think

and i agree with
>>11143423
>>11143423
>don't rush into buying

height of /fa/ often becomes played out in months, so bide your time and think about whether you really want pieces or not
>>
>>11143394
What are the best options for cheap basics that won't fall apart or have a shitty fit? Uniqlo?
>>
>>11143378
Any suggestions for good/cheap depop sellers?
>>
File: 1445825087041.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445825087041.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>11143471
dude obviously reigning champs.
For real though, Uniqlo is pretty remarkable for their airism underwear and socks, jeans are pretty good quality but somewhat expensive, I'd wait for sales. Also their oxford shirts have lost their slim fit that they were known for.
Most mallbrands do carry some solid basics, gap, old navy, american eagle run sales which would make them worth their price.
JCF on sale isnt too bad either.
Ebay is pretty good for outerwear, levi sherpa jackets sell for around 30 dollars. Obviously good will and other thrifts are alright depending on the item condition and brand.
Sales are really what you want to look at, would recommend looking at /r/frugralmalefashion. It is reddit, but it's a useful tool to find active deals. An example would be some Golden Fox boondockers on sale for 40 dollars last week. Not great quality, but good looking boondockers for 40 dollars was a nice value.
As long as you don't overdo it by buying everything cuz "its on sale," you shouldn't break your bank too much.
>>
I'm also uni student with shitty job, but I manage to save. You need to save your money, especially if you have a low income.

I think everything has already been said ITT.

My suggestions would be to stick to monochromatic clothes. I have money, but I wear relatively cheap basics 90% of the time and only wear a few 'expensive' sneakers. Nearly all my clothes are either black, white or grey. You can't go wrong with that.

Also you'd be surprised how many fantastic sneakers you can get for great discounts, if you're just patient and keep looking. (I mean really expensive colabo editions and stuff) Most stores will mark them down when only a few sizes are left. That is your chance.

On a side note: Fuck fashion. People don't give a shit what you wear, unless you look really shitty, which is hard to pull off. This board is cancer populated by homos with rich parents. Don't take anything here serious.
>>
File: image.png (890KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
890KB, 750x1334px
>>11143378
>>11143394
>first I've heard of depop
>Google dat shit
>see this
>>
>>11143335
Zara/HM are cheap
>>
>>11143428
>dont be an idiot and forgoe food for sick cops
this is really bad advice desu. eat just enough to get by, and make all your own food. From this you can probably save about $20 a day, which adds up to at least 5k a year for clothes. And if you eat smart there shouldn't be too much long term damage to your body. Just buy a lot of food in bulk and don't skimp on veggies.
>>
>>11144484
but either definitely don't fall into the trap of fast fashion. Do the math and invest in pieces that will last. Vintage stuff on eBay is a good place to look - just this year picked up a perfect condition made in USA Levi's Sherpa coat for $30 (which will last forever), whereas the alternative from Zara would have been twice the cost and alreAdy fallen apart
>>
>>11143575
>Fuck fashion
you do realise you are posting on a fashion forum right?
>>
>>11144491
>fashion
ok
>>
>>11143335
You don't
>>
>>11145084
Can your dad buy me some clothes too?
>>
asos and its sales
>>
>>11146168
How's the quality of Asos? Never bought from them.
>>
Car boot sales and charity shops.
>>
>>11147265
No such thing as "car boot sales" in Canada
>>
gotta wait for the sales brother, just copped a bunch of pants at 50% off on asos,
>>
>>11143423
Basically don't buy pants? Got it /fa/m
>>
>>11144483

HandM dropped in quality hard and isn't worth it anymore imho, Zara can be expensive, up to 250 euro for a piece, wait for sales to buy. Also Massimo Dutti sales.
>>
>>11144488

I got Zara clothes that lasted me years, just be smart and buy in stores instead of online do you can check the fabric
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.