[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are you supposed to wear these with the tag on the back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (55KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 700x525px
So are you supposed to wear these with the tag on the back?
>>
Have you ever seen someone do that?
>>
>not leaving the price tag on your clothes
>>
>>11143239
No you sperg. The reason I like Acne is their lack of visible logos on the clothes. If you're buying it for the brand name and to show off you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>11143329
Then why the fuck would you spend so much money on basic clothes if not for the brand?

Fuck you, fuck this board. You're all faggots.
>>
File: the-evolution-of-ralph-lauren.jpg (37KB, 700x317px) Image search: [Google]
the-evolution-of-ralph-lauren.jpg
37KB, 700x317px
>>11143347
I bet you only wear ss14
>>
>>11143347

>Wanting to draw attention to yourself

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>11143364
No, fuck you and your memes.

Explain to me why someone would pay $250 for a plain fleece sweather with no logo or graphic like the ones Acne sells.

Why would you do it? To make yourself feel better cause youre wearing a $250 sweater? Cause if you need that as a positive boost in youre life then you have a pathetic life
>>
>>11143374
Lifespan, mostly seen in stitching quality
Fabric, both material and stitches/cm2
Design
Cut & fit
Supporting brand style/philosophy

First expensive pieces I bought also gave me an extra confidence boost, but that fades away with time.
>>
>>11143370
It somehow seems less pathetic to me to spend the money on a piece that actually be noticed by a girl who is familiar with the brand.

If youre paying that amount of money for simple clothes with a slightly marginal difference in quality at best (really, Im sure Uniqlo tees are just as good quality-wise than an Acne tee), and youre only doing it cause it makes you feel good to spend that much and wear clothes that cost that much, then you're a faggot.

When it comes to basics like most of Acne's clothes, can you even tell me the difference between that and a Uniqlo tee or pullover aside from the brand and price? Would you be able to tell the two apart if there were no logos?

Rhetorical question, faggot. Of course you wouldnt.

Whatever. Enjoy your shitty life where the thing that makes you feel best is making some cuckdaddy "designer" rich for tricking you faggots into buying their shitty clothes.
>>
>>11143374
Because they want to, I'd guess. Maybe it fits better, or maybe the material feels and looks nicer than a Hanes crewneck, or it's in the exact shade they want.

Why do you give a fuck what someone else wears? Why does the existence of someone spending more money than you can imagine on their clothing bother you?
>>
File: 1234645634.jpg (46KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1234645634.jpg
46KB, 1300x1300px
>>11143389
>Rhetorical question, faggot. Of course you wouldnt.
>>
>>11143391
It doesn't. But to say youre doing it wrong if youre wearing a brand for the brand itself, but wearing overpriced basics just for the fuck of spending so much money is fine, then youre an inconsistent faggot who should end hisself
>>
>>11143374
Damn this is the angriest post I've ever seen in the fashion board
>>
>>11143397
I just don't see why it matters that someone spends lots of money on unbranded clothing. You're also mistaking "buying for the brand" and "visible branding". Of course someone buys Acne because they like the article of clothing, or the brand itself, but it's not the same as buying something with a visible brand logo.

You're "debating" with more than one anon, btw.
>>
>>11143407
Honestly, this post >>11143388 made me pretty curious. The one expensive basic I ever bought was a pair of sweatpants from Reigning Champ, and they're my favorite and best-fitting sweatpants by far.

Maybe I should cop an Acne tee or sweatshirt before getting so butthurt.

Im still mad as fuck that I just want a plain light grey sweatshirt and Acne sells them for $190.

Are there any brands even more expensive than Acne that still focus on basics?
>>
>>11143417
Note that >>11143388 mentioned differences do not apply to every brand (LV, Thom Browne, Hermes, Givenchy etc.) or even brand piece (Gucci, RO, Dries).

Acne clothing is very focused on minimalism (yes, that word is overused). In terms of design, they focus on the small details which make a grey sweater just a bit different from all the other grey sweaters. Those details aren't just noticeable for people that pay attention, but even clothing plebs process it subconsciously

Reigning Champ clothing is fan-fucking-tastic. Someone who usually buys ZARA and H&M-tier clothing, might wonder why you'd spend €125 on a sweatshirt €150 on a hoodie or €175 on a zip-up, but they are worth every penny when you've bought them. A big chunk of my comfy-home or chilldrug-clothing are RC pieces. They are so soft, fit perfectly, good temperatures during both summer and winter and they hold up very well after tons of washes.

Recommended mid-tier basic brands are Folk, Our Legacy, Acne Studios, APC and Norse Projects. All brands don't have visible logo's (excl. engraved zippers) and are highly recommended.
T-Shirts vary from €35-€80, sweathirts from €120 - €210 and zip-ups/hoodies from €100 - €250.

If you have your eye on a specific basic piece, but don't have/can't spend the money at the moment, buy a $15 alternative rather then another piece a little lower priced. Then save up for the designer piece, buy it, and donate the $15 alternative to goodwill or w/e.
>>
>>11143389
Most girls irl dont know shit about brands unless it has some bigass logo. At that point you might as well be called that "gay dude who'se into fashun"

Subtlety is where its at nigga
>>
OP is immature and pathetic
i buy clothes for myself, not to impress other people
if buying expensive clothing with no brands seems pointless to you, then youre not really into fashion, just into being a cuck
>>
>>11143568
>OP is immature and pathetic
>i buy clothes for myself, not to impress other people

This is blatantly false.

You faggots sound like bitches when they say "I don't wear makeup for anyone else, I do it for myself". Are you a proud empowered little male?
>>
File: hat.jpg (12KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
hat.jpg
12KB, 250x188px
So are you supposed to wear this with the sticker on it?
>>
>>11143580
arghh u beat me to it
>>
File: image.png (130KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130KB, 304x288px
>>11143389
>>
>>11143579
lmao grow up, kid. One day will come when you too will dress for yourself, not to impress your highschool friends
>>
>>11143374
>people who think like this UNIRONICALLY post here

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>11143589
The only reason a male should ever dress up is to fuck a bitch, otherwise you're gay.
>>
>>11143389
If you've never bought a shirt from somewhere like Acne or Norse Projects, you're not allowed to comment on their quality.
>>
>>11143389
poorfag in denial detected
>>
>>11143602
Wearing expensive basics is not dressing up.
>>
>>11143666
life isnt about fucking bitches satan, i got a girlfriend

extra kek points: assuming you never even touched a woman
>>
>>11143460
what are high-tier basic brands?

Also, looking to cop a crew neck sweater in a light grey. Which company would you reocomment? I want to stay around $150, if possible.
>>
>>11143347
Then go buy your clothes at Walmart
>>
>>11143602
Jokes on you, everyone here is gay
>>
>>11143689
>what are high-tier basic brands?
Berluti, SLP, Margiela and Descente.

Folk has a great grey sweater on END for $105. A lighter option is the Acne Studios College Sweatshirt for around $150. If you can, try them on in store. You can find stores that sell brand x with TheLabelFinder.
>>
>>11143239
Go try on something they make. Then try the cheaper alternatives. The cheaper alternatives most often look like shit in comparison and will never last. You're paying for the fact that you get something that 9 times out of 10 looks way nicer than mass produced garbage. Now are you overpaying? Maybe. But there are no real alternatives at your suggested "fair price", not even close.
>>
>>11143374
>Sweather
>>
>>11143374
>yourself feel better cause youre wearing a $250 sweater?

Exactly the same could be said when faggots like you wear Gucci or other gaudy brands to make them feel good about themselves. Acne is a bit overpriced, yes. But it's not the price that matters, it's the quality. If you want to show off to everyone with your advertisement for a mall tier brand go ahead. But don't complain about people who actually care for quality.
>>
>>11143689
acne studios, but dickies makes cheap ones and i like them as much as i love my acne one
>>
>>11143364
Ss14 doesn't have any branding what are you talking about
>>
This also apply to the huge 11 by bbs tag that kinda hangs there? too scrunchy and annoying inside and too pretentious outside
>>
>>11143580
You're not supposed to wear that at all
>>
>>11144821
lmao, saw some rich asian kid at uni today with some shitty 11 bbs backpack, mcqueen pants with McQ sprawled across the back, some ridiculously overdone givenchy t shirt and CPs
i almost couldnt contain myself
>>
>>11143347
Someone get this hothead outta here!
>>
>>11145414
Let him do this thing.
He got money, he attracts people that want money.
You got style x clothing, you attract people that like style x.

"Your vibe attracts your tribe"
>>
>>11143347
Embarrassing
>>
>>11143388
>Supporting brand style/philosophy

Now thats autistic.

All of it is cheap chinkshit with varying quality, ALL OF IT.
>>
>>11145870
Nah, a lot of the brands spoken about in this thread are made in the U.S., Canada, or Europe, and some of the brands posted in here sell handmade clothing
>>
>>11143580

All da kids are doing it, so I guess so.
>>
yikes..
>>
>>11145883
>handmade clothing

All clothes are handmade. What do you think a sweatshop is?
>>
>>11145912
Youre a faggot
>>
>>11145870
Not me personally, but some people bond to brands that make clothes locally or in first-world countries. Also Nudie Jeans for example, primarily uses organic cotton in their clothing, which falls under their philosophy.
>>
>>11143602
> thinking women are worth anything
>>
>>11144500
gucci may not have the best reputation as of late but lets be honest here, acne isn't shit compared to the quality of their mainline items
>>
>>11146221
What is the difference in quality? I mean, where does it manifest itself? Please don't say the logo.
>>
I buy Acne, Norse etc. because of the fit (and quality). I'm 6'4 and Scandinavian brands are the best fitting for tall people.

Acne jeans are GOAT.
>>
>>11143417
I have a pair of Jordan sweatpants I got when I was 14, I'm 21 now and besides for some obvious shading and scrapes and shit on the bottom cuff they're perfectly fine
>>
>>11143347
its okay buddy, deep breaths
>>
>>11146404
Im actually the same anon

The main difference I've noticed with the RCs is the feel of the clothes while youre wearing it (literally how it falls on you and how the fabric feels), as well as how it looks.

Ive also got some cheaper sweats that I've had for at least 5 years, and i still wear them all the time, sure, but theyre not nice enough that I'd wear anywhere aside from the gym and with friends.

The RC sweats are nice enough that I'd wear them to a bar if I could.
>>
Stick mine to my apple products 2bh.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.