[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going bald

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 20160404_140f447.jpg (168KB, 1350x800px) Image search: [Google]
20160404_140f447.jpg
168KB, 1350x800px
Hey guys! In the last 8 months I've started noticing that I'm going bald. I went from full head of hair to the current situation, which you can see on pictures attached. While I'm still able to pull off a non-balding look sometimes, I fear that soon I won't be able to do that.

The way I see it, I've got two options: going bald or trying to prevent that.

Going bald is an unwanted option for me at the moment, I don't think I'm ready for that. As for the second option, after some research, I've found a lot of controversive information.

First of all, there's Dutasteride or Finasteride. That's a good option for me, since taking one pill a day doesn't seem like a problem at all, it's very convinient. But there is a lot of information about bad side effects these drugs can cause, so I'm hesitant about taking it.

Then there's Minoxidil. Less scary side effects, but applying twice a day seems like a hassle. Especially since you can't get your hair wet and I sometimes have morning of evening practices where I sweat a lot, so I'm not sure how I can apply minoxidil then. If I apply it in the morning and I have a practice where I'll be sweating a lot in the evening? Should I wash my head before? What if I'll have a practice in the morning and won't have enough time to apply it afterwards? Also it's troubling that if I ever start using Minoxidil, I'll have to use it until I decide to go bald. Since based on information I read, if you stop using it not only the new hair will fall out, but also some of the hair you used to have, like the ones that were meant to fall out.

Then there's some new research on JAK inhibitors and how they can block hair loss, but not so much information is available on those yet.

If anyone had any experience with any of those drugs? Any general advice on dealing with this? Any help would be very much appreciated.
>>
Hair transplant bro
>>
Just my input: top-down lighting makes hair look like shit.

You don't look like you're thinning significantly; and it doesn't help that you also have somewhat light-colored hair under top-down lighting.
>>
Took Fin for a few weeks. Noticed I stopped getting morning wood. Stopped, now I get it every morning again.

I decided to get over my balding, most days you can't tell if I style my hair right. I know I will have to buzz my head at some day, have a pair of clippers at home, could do it whenever. The worst thing you can do about going bald is freaking out. People can tell and it makes you look insecure. Just accept it, enjoy a buzzed head whenever you're ready for it.

Good luck!
>>
>>11134512
Accept it or get hair transplants.
You look like you would pull of buzzcut most def tho.
>>
buzz it fgt
you have good cheekbones and jaw. unless your eyebrows and eyes look like those of a faggot you can pull it of.
i buzzed 1 month ago bc of hair loss and i dont look back
i laugh at all these faggot boys with hair who cant stand my manliness drowning in pussy juice
>>
>>11134620
>>11135254
I would get a hair transplant, but what if hair continues falling out and I'll go bald later anyway, the "dot scars" from taking out the grafts would be visible. So I'll need something to prevent further hair loss before doing a hair transplant.

>>11134652
Yeah, it's top-down lighting, but I am thinning a lot.
>>11135090
Maybe I should try out taking Fin for a bit? Thanks for your encouragement.
>>11135317
I don't think buzzed head would look good on me, I have flat back of head and my skull looks like a one of homo neanderthalensis.

I agree that the worst part of balding is freaking out and being insecure about it. I think I'm somewhere in the middle of it right now.
>>
File: tumblr_mv9i7d4CAj1ro8ba4o1_500.png (182KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mv9i7d4CAj1ro8ba4o1_500.png
182KB, 500x375px
My input:

>31
>taking fin + min for the last 10 years + some other minor things like biotin etc.

To answer your questions. Taking fin didn't have any side effects on me at all. I still fap 2 to 3 times per day, which is actually pretty excessive, especially at my age. So no libido decrease at all and my penis works perfectly. Hasn't shrunk either lol.

Taking min isn't such a hassle as may think. It just becomes a regular thing you do like brushing teeth. Also it's not bad if you forget it once or so. Just continue regularly. Also taking min with wet hair (as in damp, not DRIPPING wet) shouldn't be a huge problem. The pivotal point is to keep it on your scalp and give it time to seep in. Therefore it should be dry. It won't have any bad effects on you with wet hair, except maybe not working right.

I would also look into micro needling. I've had very good results with that. Hair loss is not only DHT, it's also change in the skin tissue that houses the follicles. Collagen reduction in the skin and decreased ability to hold water, as well as decreased nutrition from blood flow are equally important factors. You have no choice but to read into the various sciences and make up your own regiment. Everyone's head is different.

Keep your head up. You're still young and have a good base to start of. I've kept my hair in okay condition through the last 10 years and I inherited absolute shit genetics from my parents. If there's a will, there's a way.
>>
You're gonna have to kill that fucker eventually why not do that now? Just get it over with and get a head star so you can figure out what to do post hair.
>>
>>11135949

did you experience shedding at all?
>>
>>11136279
Well, it's been 10 years and I honestly can't remember. I remember at the beginning I was like OP. Super scared and cautious about it, using minox only very sparingly on my problem areas. I also remember getting a bit of dandruff at the beginning, but that only lasted for a few weeks and wasn't significant either. I don't think I had shedding at all.

A lot (and I mean A LOT of things you read online and in hair loss forums are just plain false and guessing) Literally nobody knows the exact reasons or cures for hair loss. It could even be that fin/min work for other reasons than we assume. Like I said, look into it and learn what works for you. I personally found that gycolic acid peeling and micro needling my problem areas once a week was probably the best things I ever did in those 10 years. I think the future in hair loss treatment lies in stem cell activation, which is either very painful or very expensive.
>>
>>11136322

Could you tell me a little more about the gycolic acid peeling? Thanks for sharing your experience btw
>>
>>11136322

Also, did it work for your frontal hairline at all?
>>
>>11136346
>>11136351
Sure. So basically glycolic acid is a relatively mild fruit acid that is mainly used by women to do regular peelings of the facial skin. (peeling = removing old and dead skin cells from the upper skin layer and triggering new cell growth from the underlying layers)

I buy 70% acid and dilute it with distilled water. It's very important to use distilled water, because it will lessen the effectivity a lot if you use tap water. I use a dropper and mix 10 drops water with about 15 drops acid. Then you just distribute it evenly on the hair loss area. It is recommended to let it seep in for only 2 or 3 minutes, but I personally let it work for 20 mins or so. (lel) I recommend to experiment with it and start with a low dosage/time and see what it does. Don't be scared. It's nothing dangerous as long as it doesn't get into your eye. It's also important to get a neutralising solution. (they are usually sold together with the acid) But I found a much cheaper way that works even better: Take a small bottle of distilled water and throw some natron tablets in there. (you can buy them in any convenience store) Apply this solution to the skin once the desired duration for the acid is done to neutralise the acid.

So basically what this does is it will cause your scalp skin to shed in relatively huge chunks. When doing the peeling, you want your skin to become visibly red. (don't worry about this) The next day you will feel a slight itch and you can carefully peel off a thin layer from your scalp. This causes the skin cells to produce new, healthy skin and thus re-charge the hair follicles in it too.

Keep in mind I do this while applying minox like I always used to. The skin definitely absorbs it A LOT better after each peeling. It's crazy really, like a sponge.

>>11136351
>Also, did it work for your frontal hairline at all?
Yes. In fact it was the only thing that gave visible results on the front.
>>
>>11136405

Thanks a ton man. I have a dermatology appt in a week and a half. Hopefully fin works for me.
>>
>>11136405
Forgot to add: Though the peeling is great, I suspect the main plus comes from the increased absorption. The main thing that helped my front was the micro needling.

But be warned, this is painful stuff. It takes some guts. Not sure if you even want to read this, but here it goes.

I basically do this directly after the peeling, because the skin is then still a bit numbed. You take one of these skin stamps (pic related) and give the frontal area a good and even stabbing. (Important: clean and disinfect it before and after each session) I do it once a week. It's not good to do it more regularly. The thing is: you have to stab deep enough for your scalp to start bleeding, otherwise it won't work. You will cause small wounds to the skin which cause a repair reaction that will also 'repair' the follicles. After my first few needling sessions I was sceptic and thought I was falling for some (painful) joke, but I could clearly see small, see-through hairs emerging from the bald skin. Now, after about 6 months of needling, these hairs have turned pretty thick and pigmented too. Some have even turned terminal. It's crazy. I'm happy if it stays like this, but hopeful they will all turn terminal at some point.

Just be warned, this is not for the squeamish but you get weirdly used to it. Look into some threads on this matter on forums, but keep in mind that a lot of these people are insane and stab themselves to a bloody pulp. You're only supposed to cause small incisions to trigger the repair mechanism, not butcher yourself.
>>
>>11136440

Damn I thought you just lightly rolled it over the area. Definitely going look into it though
>>
>>11136440
Do you mind posting a picture of your current hair?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.