[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The jacket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (162KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 640x960px
Hey /fa/ I'm looking for 'the' jacket to wear on casual to semi-formal outings. No pics but male 178ish cm white lanky. So I can form a better opinion on what looks good, what jackets do you guys wear? (Bomber, parka, whatever type doesn't matter)
>>
Overcoat
>>
Lol I got one of those coming in the mail. It's real German surplus tho not that disgusting garbage.
>>
Usually wear this Rick bomber

Also have a Cav Empt Warm Parka #2 for the winter
>>
>>11133653
>they literally sew a bandana print square to a surplus jacket

why are asos such hacks?
>>
>>11133686
If you want to see really stupid shit, just look at their 'boutique' section.
>>
>>11133653
why is it so hard to find a nice olive jacket that isn't $1200
>>
>>11133653
does a cardigan count?
I'm looking to switch to sports coat, but it looks really try-hard. Which I should have expected, since I'm trying quite hard to make it work.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (638KB, 607x730px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
638KB, 607x730px
Cop or not peeps?
>>
>>11133952
Superdry do a couple of nice looking ones if you wanna be an aspie and take the branding off
>>
>>11133656
Joke's on you, >>11133653 is an actual Bundeswehr fleck parka, it just has a bandana patched to it. You got the exact same jacket sans the bandana backpatch coming in the mail.

>tfw you played yourself as hard as you just did
>>
>>11134001
thanks anon
>>
>>11133665
that is so sick
>>
>>11134008
OP's jacket doesn't have velcro above the flags, not legit. Also mine is goretex and cost $40.
>>
File: flecktarn800[1].jpg (167KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
flecktarn800[1].jpg
167KB, 500x800px
>>11134838
Negro, the velcro on the arm is only present on the more recent parkas. I've owned several BW pieces and only the 2007 and upwards jackets had the crestshaped velcro. Older parkas/fieldjackets only had the velcro above the chest pocket.

Try and know what you're talking about before you start try to stunt on an anonymous poster.

>goretex
That's a different iteration of the parka alltogether. The goretex version is an overcoat and thus fits ever more baggy than the regular parka. The fabric feels more like a plastic bag as well (because of the GT).

My initial still stands, the Asos parka is as legit as your version.
>>
>>11134873
Ok u smart. Thanks for the info btw I wasn't 100% sure what I bought. Still pretty weird that asos would rebrand German surplus tho. Would you mind telling me a little more about the goretex coat? I mostly bought it for snowboarding and I don't know what else it could be used for.
>>
File: naessekaelte800[1].jpg (187KB, 800x683px) Image search: [Google]
naessekaelte800[1].jpg
187KB, 800x683px
>>11134894
They rebrand german surplus because it's cheap as fuck in bulk. Adding some gimmick (like the bandana) to it and adding a mark up is a solid cash grab.

The goretex version of the parka is just that. It's a goretex outer shell meant to be worn over the regular uniform. On it's own it's just a shell in goretex membrana so it's thin as fuck without the liner.

Getting the kalteschutz/liner solves that problem though. Pic related.
>>
>>11134894
>>11134941

That said, for snowboarding you got a good jacket. Just make sure you add the liner or wear a sufficiently warm layer underneat (fleece or wool or whatever is hip in /out/core these days). You'll be wind- and waterproof though, which is essential for wintersports I reckon.
>>
>>11133984
cop
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.