[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't usually come on /fa/ but I had a clothing question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Express-2-Button-Sateen-Jacket.png (237KB, 421x599px) Image search: [Google]
Express-2-Button-Sateen-Jacket.png
237KB, 421x599px
I don't usually come on /fa/ but I had a clothing question so figured this would be the best place to get some feedback/opinions. Anyway I want to try and start dressing like pic related, more specifically I have a blazer (Or sports coat, I really don't know for sure. I've only worn it to formal occasions but it looks like it could be worn casual as well.) Any who I kind of like the t-shirt/jean and blazer/sports coat combo and was wondering if it's considered autistic to wear something like this everyday/in public?

I know I shouldn't care what people think but sadly I do so I just wanted some opinions on what you guys think, I was just planning to wear it with some dark blue jeans and maybe just a plain white or black t-shirt. Would it look better to wear white with a black coat? I guess wearing a black t-shirt with a black coat is kind of autistic, anyway let me know what you guys think.

I'll understand if you say it's autistic, I don't really see a lot of people wearing this, then again I'm a college student and I see some pretty weird outfits on my campus so I probably wouldn't like too autistic. Especially with the gay shit I see the fraternity faggots wearing, if girls like when guy's dress like fuckboys and faggots then I guess they must be onto something.
>>
its pretty autistic

it looks like youre trying to be classy with a blazer but your mum dressed the rest of you
>>
>>11129800
if when you say autistic, you mean the buzzword insult that's prevalent on then internet, then yes, it does look autistic

in reality, it looks boring and probably pretty bad. i'm assuming your blazer doesn't fit that well since it seems like you've just recently taken an interest in dressing better

do what you want
>>
>>11129804
Ah damn, yeah I was expecting it to scream "autism" like I just wanted to start wearing a blazer/coat without having to get all dressed up with the button down shirt and dress slacks, I know some people would say "Well why not just wear jeans and a t-shirt without the coat?" but that's not the point. The point is that I want to wear the coat with a casual outfit and not have to dress up in slacks and shit everyday, but I guess the blazers and jackets were designed for formality and casual wear.

>>11129810
Yes I meant the buzzword insult and also no the jacket is fitted and I had it tailored, it's quite expensive actually. I don't remember how much it was under $1,000 but I think it was over $500 at least, I have it in my closet. I'll give more information and try to upload a picture, I think it's a pretty styling jacket myself.

Also I always wanted to look classy and dress nicely, but sadly I'm not made of money and I usually wore graphic t-shirts and jeans. I do have some button down shirts that look nice, but they are only long sleeved and I hate long sleeved, especially in this time of year.

I live in Texas as well if that tells you anything.
>>
Assuming yoyr blazer is black because of the picture. Black is a really formal colour for blazers, even if you pair it with more casual clothes it's still reminiscent of a tux. It can look autistic but you can try to minimize the autism you give off by doing a few things.

1. Be a good looking guy (most important contributor to not looking autistic)
2. Wear appropriate shoes, not some sneakers
3. Don't even think about a graphic tee
4. Tuck the shirt in
5. Don't wear horribly fitting jeans
6. No brown with a black blazer

Do that and you can achieve the slightly above average white guy on a night out look. Nothing spectacular but inoffensive at the same time.

Also if that is your only blazer don't wear it every single day, people will think that you have nothing else to wear.
>>
S I M O N C O W E L L
>>
>>11129888
>1. Be a good looking guy

I like to think I'm somewhat attractive

>2. Wear appropriate shoes, not some sneakers

Well shit, I was planning on it. I do have some black like dress shoes, they aren't loafers or anything. I'm not sure what they are but they more formal dress style shoes.

>Also if that is your only blazer don't wear it every single day, people will think that you have nothing else to wear.

Well, I kind of wanted to but I guess you're right. It probably looks autistic wearing the same coat everyday, also it's pretty expensive. I has to be dry cleaned only. Honestly now that I think about I guess I shouldn't really be wearing a very expensive coat casually, right? Since it might get dirty or I might spill something on it? Now I understand why coats were meant for more formal settings.
>>
File: Jacket.jpg (932KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Jacket.jpg
932KB, 3264x2448px
Here is the coat I'm talking about, I really don't know much about it other then it's Calvin Klein brand and pretty expensive. As I said earlier it's fitted and tailored specifically for me so it looks really nice on me when I wear it.

The problem is I don't think it's meant to be worn casually, cause when I compare to the jacket in the picture I originally posted they look completely different. I'm guessing this is "formal only" jacket, which kind of sucks cause I thought it'd be good for wearing casually as well. Even I know it'd probably look fucking stupid to wear a formal coat with casual clothes.

Also sorry if the picture is shit, I tried to take a decent photo but I don't have quality cameras or anything like that.
>>
File: Jacket 2.jpg (930KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Jacket 2.jpg
930KB, 3264x2448px
>>11129957
Goddamn it, it rotated it sideways. Fuck, hold on I'll fix it.
>>
>>11129961
WHAT THE FUCK, I FUCKING ROTATED IT AND IT'S STILL BEING POSTED SIDEWAYS.

Look fuck it, I'm sure you can still get a good look at it so whatever.
>>
If you're looking to wear something casual, I'd definitely suggest wearing a navy knit blazer since it's getting to be summer. Since you live in Texas I'd strongly recommend the MADE knitted blazer at belk. You can actually get most of your basics from that line fitting in with that look you're going for, and its a pretty good price too.
>>
>>11129961

IMO it looks way to formal to be worn casually.
Why not get a pair of chinos and a nice shirt to go with it instead?
>>
>>11129975
Yeah, I don't really have any money for that. All I have is this jacket >>>>>11129957

Will that work?
>>
>>11129800
it looks like shit but it's completely socially acceptable. This is how most tech professionals dress.
>>
>>11129978
Yeah, I was afraid of that. So could I still wear it in a non formal setting? Just like everyday dress wear? I'd just have to wear like a dress shirt with it or something, right? That's what you're saying? I'll just have to wear like dress shoes and dress shirt if I want to wear it in a non formal setting?

That's too much work, goddamn it lol. I was really hoping I could just wear it casually.

>>11129987
I just wanted to try it out, I thought it looked nice/cool/sylish or whatever adjective you prefer. I'm not even a tech professional, I'm just a college student who wanted to try wearing something different besides jeans and a t-shirt and remembered I had this jacket with me.
>>
>>11129980
It definitely can with some dark wash jeans and black dress shoes. Do you have any black brogued shoes? They're a more casual option.
>>
File: 022fullscreen.jpg (136KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
022fullscreen.jpg
136KB, 683x1024px
you should only wear a blazer casually if it is actually meant to be worn that way
the one in your pic is way too structured, padded shoulder, shiny fabric, tight fit, etc, to be worn casually
pairing it with jeans, t shirts, sneakers, whatever will only make its formality stand out more and will look out of place
>>
>>11129990

I'm no pro but I use blazers + shirt and chinos as business wear daily.
>>
>>11129990
yeah man do you i don't maen to bring you down. Most ppl who 'care about fashion' will look down on it but again it's not autistic at all really and if anything projects an image of ingenuity.
>>
>>11129990

Oh I wouldn't say you need dress shoes. But you should get a pair of nice leather shoes that matches the colour of your belt.

Not wear sneakers from a sports store.
>>
>>11129995
>business wear daily

But I'm just a college student, I just wanted to wear this casually like to classes and what not. I'm not wearing it to a job or anything like that, hence "casual" when I think "casual" and "business casual" there is a fine line between the two. What you were "casually" and what you were to your job as "business casual" is two completely different things.

>>11129993
Well thanks for the input, I'll take into consideration. As I said it was fitted and tailored so I guess it does give it a more formal look, I figured it being fitted and tailored would be a plus since a non fitted/tailored coat would look sloppy.

>>11129992
I have some black "dress" style shoes but sadly I left them at home, I'm not sure what type they are. I just know they are solid black. They aren't loafers/slip on's or anything like that. All I have are my black Nike tennis shoes that I wear everyday, I know that's probably a red flag to wear with that outfit but I figured it would add to the casualness. I'm already wearing jeans and a plain tee-shirt so wouldn't sneakers just match all that? I know that one anon said it's too formal of a coat so all the casualness will make the formality of the jacket stand out.

>>11130011
I have some black dress shoes just not with me, they are back at my house. All I have currently is my black Nike tennis shoes, I guess you make do with what you have, right?
>>
>>11129993
Oh, I just realized you were talking about the jacket in my first pic. I don't actually own that jacket, I was using it as an example of the look I was going for.

This is my jacket that I was talking about/planning on wearing >>>>>11129957

It's much looser, and not made of a shiny fabric/material. Though you might feel that it's too "structured" and has "padded shoulders" but it's much more casual looking IMO then the picture I used for my example.
>>
>>11130012
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/09/16/man-blazer-jacket/
>>
>>11130023
Well my jacket fits all those requirements in terms of how it should fit and look, it even says you can wear it with jeans as well.
>>
>lives in texas
just buy well fitted clothing from uniqlo. get $300 or whatever, walk in and buy your wardrobe and leave. grab some shoes later. try everything on and have them alter the pants if necessary. buy clothing without graphic prints in non-loud colors (check the sticky).
>>
>>11130020
it is still much the same, a formally/traditionally styled blazer
im just curious though, why do you feel the desire to wear a blazer casually, what is wrong with other clothes, they are much better suited to what you want to do than a blazer
i would advise you to get interesting with those styles of clothes rather than trying to make your outfit interesting by drawing formal pieces into your casual wear, it just wont work
>>
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: Ignis.gif (1MB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
Ignis.gif
1MB, 500x392px
>>11130038
>I'm just curious though, why do you feel the desire to wear a blazer casually,

I really don't dress up or wear anything stylish, usually I'm wearing graphic tees and jeans or something like that. But lately I've been wanting to try something different, something a bit more stylish and classy looking so I guess to answer your question that's my reason. I really don't like wearing collared shirts and I've always enjoyed wearing blazers/dress coats, I think they look stylish and classy.

Like I said I'm no fashion expert which I'm sure it's obvious, I don't even come on /fa/ so the people who come on here a lot probably know a lot more of what looks good and what not, though I also think "fashion" is subjective and will vary from person to person. Everyone will look at an outfit differently, I might wear it and some people might like it, you never know.

I'm also not really a big fan of polo/dress shirts but dress coats and blazers are a different story, I just really like the way they look aesthetically. Maybe it's just my beta/weeboo side speaking, maybe anime has influenced me too much.
>>
File: woody-allen-8.jpg (26KB, 300x398px) Image search: [Google]
woody-allen-8.jpg
26KB, 300x398px
Get a more casual patterned one, HBT, a pullover and a shirt look pretty good for instance.

A single blqck piece is a little disadvantageous, it looks to stiff outside of formal occasions but gives a half-assed feel when compared to actual suits.
>>
The only way you can make a blazer work with jeans is if you buy a very informal one. By informal I mean something with natural shoulders, patch-pockets, informal material like flannel, cotton, tweed or cashmere and maybe a pattern.

Think Boglioli jackets like the one in the link below.

https://www.careofcarl.com/sv/artiklar/boglioli-coat-patch-pocket-stretch-cotton-blazer-dark-green.html

With that said, I don't really think it'll look good wearing with a regular t-shirt underneath. I don't mind wearing a suit with a t-shirt per se, it's just that I doubt any of you can pull it off well without choosing some cheap, disgusting t-shirt.
>>
>>11130087
>it's just that I doubt any of you can pull it off well without choosing some cheap, disgusting t-shirt.

Well, I was just going to wear a simple plain white t-shirt. I didn't think I had to wear like some $120 plain t-shirt when nobody will probably notice it's a $120 t-shirt. A plain t-shirt is a plain t-shirt, the only way someone would notice it's expensive t-shirt if it had some sort of designer brand emblem or it was made out of expensive material or some shit, I just think you're kind of pushing it with the "exotic t-shirt" argument. I mean hey, if you want to wear $100 t-shirts then go for it, I just don't think anyone will notice a difference between that a regular plain Wal-Mart t-shirt.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.