[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like this girl who's in my bus and I finally went to break

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

I like this girl who's in my bus and I finally went to break the ice and I sort of tried to talk to her and I got her attention and told her that she was pretty and she just replied thanks. Have I done something good or am I fucked for life?
>>
Was it dismissive when she said thanks? Or just a genuine thanks? These things matter
>>
Did she touch your penis ?
>>
>>11125013

She has a boyfriend
>>
>>11125382
shit that name get
>>
>>11125013
go back to r9k
>>
fucked for life.

you didn't meaningfully engage her in any sort of interactive conversation. what is she supposed to say to "you're pretty" ? did you think she would go "hey wow i'm glad you noticed because i do this and that every morning. what's your routine?"

you used your first chance at an interaction to ask a dead end question. you're pretty. thanks. end of conversation. there is no possibility there, you didn't ask her questions that imply you might be interested in what she thinks or cares about, or even anything about which you two could have playful banter.

you literally would have been better off asking her some cliche small talk shit about the weather. "what do you think of this weather?"

do you see how that question, even though it's awful game, has infinitely more possibility in terms of answers.

even better is an open ended question not about a shitty topic. even better is just some moment that allows you to say something witty and then ask her what her name is.

guess what: she's probably bombarded daily with nothing comments about her appearance from strangers. what you told her with your comment is that you're a creepy stranger who has been eyeballing her and who has no interest in who she is beyond "pretty."

i mean honestly how did you imagine she would respond?

think about this: the next time you want to start a conversation with a stranger, imagine that some stranger said to you whatever you were planning on saying. if some strange dude came up to you on a bus and said "you're pretty." you'd probably go "th-thanks" and try to move to a different part of the bus. why would she act any differently?
>>
>>11125441
/thread
>>
>>11125382
vampire week
>>
>>11125441
>>11125441
so what should OP have said instead?

>tfw autismo
h-help
>>
motherfucker no one cares about your shitty life, or your futile attempts at interacting with the opposite sex. . . you are the underage shit-stain that this forum cannot rid itself of.

GTFO with your white vans, damn daniel back at it again.
>>
>>11125595

"hey! how's you're day going?"

say with warmth and sincerity, like you actually want to know. because you should want to know. if you're making the effort to talk to someone you don't know the least you could do is be actually interested it what their deal is.

if they respond with equal warmth then just keep talking. ask where they got ______ because you like the style, make a cheap funny observation, talk about shit you can keep a conversation about.

just be extroverted and nice to them, throw some color their way see if they throw some back.

i will say that based on how introverted OP seems, i think it's cool that he spoke at all. OP you can try again, just actually aim for a conversation next time.

good on you for attempting to branch out, we can't all be good at something immediately. that goes for everything including sociability. just keep making bad conversation until you get good at it, pal.

love you brother.
>>
>>11125609
does this actually work with strangers? they'll respond without thinking i want something? when a stranger starts talking to me, it's often a homeless guy who wants money

does this work in other public places, like the mall or just on the street?
>>
>>11125604
chill. it's just a guy on the internet asking for help. i get that this board isn't necessarily the place for it but dude's a person, no need to be so hostile.
>>
>>11125613
unless you look/are homeless, most people are too insecure to actually scrutinize your motives, especially if youre confident
>>
>>11125613

everyone's different homie. theres no specific combo of words that will make everyone open to talking. some people just don't wanna talk sometimes, that's cool. but a lot of people are open to talking to a stranger on the subway.

as long as you're doing it in a way that's making their life just a little bit nicer/more rounded out, they'll probably be open to some casual chit chat.

most people are nice, even the ones who don't look it. one of my favorite conversations happened when i just decided to sit down next to a homeless guy who just needed someone to talk to. it's really easy to make someones day better through conversation.

- some people don't wanna talk
- a lot of people do
- you just have to open and recognize the feedback on which one they are.
>>
>>11125013

honestly, stop "liking" girls. it's only holding you back. i'm not saying be gay. just stop "like, like-liking" girls. stop crushing. it's a waste of energy and results in travesties like the one you recounted in your post.
>>
>>11125635

>shut down emotions of longing because sometimes they're dumb, trivial and fleeting

dont do that OP. crushing is all good. just don't bottle that shit up, actually talk to people you think you might like. don't think someones crush worthy till you talk to them.

also
>not knowing honest feeling and emotional intelligence is the new wave

where do you even live bro?
>>
File: necky.png (67KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
necky.png
67KB, 800x1000px
>>11125441
You're fucking dumb man. OP is not fucked for life, a lot of girls really dig the awkward-y type, in the same way guys like shy girls.

With your logic I could say your advice would also fuck him for life, because she'd see the first thing to come out his mouth was boring as fuck. I'd much rather some random girl on a bus tell me I was handsome than try initiate gay petty small talk about the weather or some shit, and I'd actually be eager to here what they said to me next time i saw them.

>>11125013
First impressions are not the be-all and end-all, OP.
First impression with my current girlfriend? Flat-out drunk, tried to convince her to ride down a muddy hill in a kid's toy car. She declined. I did it myself whilst she watched. Embarrassing, but some how I overcame that first impression and started talking to her, things escalated, ta-dah.

How about next time you see her say hey.

Plan out a perfect conversation in your head, with all the possible things she could ask, etc. Introduce yourself, mention how you see eachother all the time yet you've never spoken to one another, ask her where she's going, take it from there.
If you're an interesting guy (doesn't mean you necessarily need to be a thrillseeker with a bunch of hobbies, just have an interesting way of speaking, don't be a basic-bitch with poor taste) then she's most likely gonna find your awkwardness cute, yet admire your courage to talk to some random qt on public transport.

In the end you're both human beings. You both drop food down your front, snore in your sleep, shit yourselves. Girls aren't divine beings.
>>
>>11125712
>>If you're an interesting guy
what does this entail exactly?

c-can a guy with zero friends get a gf? every coworker i know always have plans on the weekend involving friends
>party with friends
is like the default response

i have no friends, and i feel like a loser tbqh
>>
>>11125804
do you not have any creative hobbies?

also, just ask your coworkers if they wanna go for a drink some time. boom, you're now acquaintances. those can become friends.
>>
>>11125644
honestwave aka lil b core lasted from like 2010 - 2014. we're back to being emotionless haters
>>
>>11125912

2014-2015 was sad time

we're better now

WERE BETTER NOW

ITS OKAY NOW
>>
File: 564564563453.jpg (129KB, 620x930px) Image search: [Google]
564564563453.jpg
129KB, 620x930px
>>11125905
no creative hobbies

about asking coworkers for a drink. i don't think my coworkers would agree to that. like, i don't know how to have conversations or be "cool enough" to be friends. we have skype at work, and i don't chat with anyone, i don't have anyone's number at work. i don't use social media, etc.
>>
>>11125013
was there any follow up OP?

>you: you're pretty
>her: thanks
what happened next? if you didn't talk to each other, then yes, you fucked up
>>
>>11125804
I'm the anon you replied to.

You don't need creative hobbies. Do you have interesting views about things? Good taste in music or an interest in art? You're on /fa/, so that's something to talk about, clothes. Try to channel your nerves into a smile, I know people who tend to do that when they're nervous and it comes across well. Probably the best coping mechanism, if you know what I mean.

Yes you can get a gf, there's no rules about life, although you'd probably seem more of a boyfriend candidate if you had buddies. Talk about what you like, and hopefully you'll find a common ground on a topic. She might bring up something she likes, and then you have a chance to show genuine interest in her, and give your views on the matter.

Think of it as two people working on a lego tower together, you brought your lego bits and she has hers. It's probably a super intimidating prospect but just trivialise it. It's just two people having a conversation.

If you're desperate you could install tinder or kik or something and practice your talking skills on random people. Maye you'll make some friends too?
>>
>>11125013
You didn't fuck up, OP, you did something courageous and then nothing of interest transpired. Just because you both didn't instantly click, then fall in love and so on, doesn't mean you failed at all.

Life is not as simple as succeed/fail. There are way too many variables in this encounter that you can't account for and that are out of your control. For starters: what would you even consider as success in this scenario? To strike up a conversation? to arrange a date? there are an infinite amount of reasons for her to not do those things.
>She could already have a boyfriend
>She could be a lesbian
>She could be racist towards your race
>She could be extremeley judgemental, and had already discounted you previously
>She could be so attracted to you that she can't even hold a conversation with you
>She could be a Government agent keeping tabs on you, desperately trying not to blow her cover.
etc. etc. You can't beat yourself up about not meeting your sky-high expectations. Sometimes, life really is as dull as a two-sentence conversation.

Then you are also forgetting that there are two participants in this exchange. You are putting all the blame on yourself when infact it could be her missed oppurtunity not to talk to you. Or not. Who really cares?

Focus instead on the positives. How scared were you before you talked to her? Very, i presume. Yet you still managed to work up the courage to compliment a stranger in public. That's the good shit right there! Secondly, you probably brightened up her day. It's extremely satisfying to recieve a compliment, especially when that compliment has come unwarranted from a stranger in public. Sure, it didn't lead anywhere, but now that you've seen how easy it is you can try again without so much fear (and perhaps with a better opening line! ;-) ).
>>
>>11127514
thanks

>Do you have interesting views about things?
i wouldn't say so
i sometimes go on /lit/, /mu/ and /tv/ and don't like most things there. i'm pretty selective in my taste, but i don't really know how to talk about my interests either.

i just like something or don't, i often can't really explain why. part of it is that i don't really think too much about explanations, but another part is that i don't know how to explain my taste
>>
>>11125382
BABY BABY BABY BABY RIDE ON TIME
>>
>>11125013
Try talking about video games or something you like. If she doesn't like stuff you like its not gonna work.
>>
>>11127731
EDIT: Thanks for the gold!
>>
>>11125013
I hate to say this, but /adv/ probably has the best summary on this topic:
>Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
>Alternative answer: we don't fucking know.

Don't try to read tea leaves. Shit happens. You're going to get rejected, fuck up, and otherwise have a bad time. If she's not into you, you're not gonna work your way into suddenly being liked. There's a million different reasons why she responded that way, and we're not gonna be able to tell you which one is correct.

Improve yourself as a person, get on online dating, and make more of an effort than pining over pretty girls on buses. Seriously, that's just a recipe for self-flagellation.
>>
>>11128402
>I hate to say this, but /adv/ probably has the best summary on this topic:
where is this summary?
>>
>>11125013

I think you did something really good OP

So you might not have been successful, that remains to be seen.

But the really good thing you did was trying! you got out of that comfort zone and went for it. That's actually a really admirable thing which many, many people avoid doing.
>>
>>11125441

He is right

>>11125712

You are wrong, and you sound like a lesbian.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.