[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /fa/ shave? Cartridge or Double edge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: shave.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
shave.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
How does /fa/ shave? Cartridge or Double edge?
>>
>>11114173
>inb4 someone says straight.

Nobody here is straight.
>>
>>11114180
/thread
>>
>>11114180
im straight
>>
Trim with a pair of clippers.

I like my jaw too much for it to be invisible under hair but a clean shave makes blemishes so much more apparent.
>>
>>11114173
Is there much of a learning curve switching from a cartridge razor to a safety razor, and do I really need to do a whole routine or can I just lather on some Barbasol and go at it if in a rush?
>>
>>11114173
Cartridge, in the shower, with a fog-free mirror.

I honestly don't see the effort in using older tech being worth the results.
>>
>>11115457
Not at all, took me about 3 shaves to get it right but the first one was still miles better than using cartridge. It depends on your face too. Get real shaving cream that's not from a compressed can and it will last you months. Now I look forward to shaving instead of dreading it.

For body shaving, I still prefer cartridge though since it's much safer.
>>
I use a safety razor and shaving soap that I bought from art of shaving. Should I cop the stand for my brush and razor?
>>
>>11115868

The stand is a nice way to avoid clutter in your bathroom; I definitely recommend it.
>>
>>11114173

Double edge. Currently using cartridge on vacation and it sucks. So much irritation.
>>
I use my Grandpa's Gillette Fatboy, bodyshop Maca root shaving cream and a cheap boar hair brush
>>
Safety razor with a good, really sharp blade is the best shaving experience I've had.
>>
>>11114173
your pic related exactly with AoS lavender cream
It's funny, ever since I switched from shitty disposables to a double edge I've only get cuts like once in a year at the most despite how they're supposedly sharper
>>
Cartridge for face

Disposable for crotch
>>
>>11114173
Merkur Futur with Feather blades, Italian soap for that good stank and an Omega badger brush.
>>
I use a shaver to shave
>>
>>11116040
Feather blades are the fucking best
>>
do you guys dry your razor after use? wouldn't that hanger just allow the water to make a puddle on the counter?
>>
>>11116148
I open it up and rinse it to make sure all the hair and soap is out then give it a few hard shakes
>>
>>11115868
You can make a stand really easily from a wire coathanger.
>>
>>11116148
Nah, I use the same blade 3-4 shaves so dismantling it to dry it off every time would be a pain. I just shake it off and hang it up.

>wouldn't that hanger just allow the water to make a puddle on the counter?
So what, it's a bathroom counter, it's waterproof, that's what it's for.
>>
tried out de shaving back in uni, so ok i could save $10 a month, but the extra time spent in the bathroom made me feel a woman

was also the last time i followed an internet trend

there's a reason why handles from the likes of truefitt hill and drharris are mostly for cartridge
>>
File: ShaveGel_span7.jpg (125KB, 432x864px) Image search: [Google]
ShaveGel_span7.jpg
125KB, 432x864px
I use a DE razor with Wilkinson Swords. It works fairly well. What shaving cream or gel does everyone use? Pic related is the best stuff from a can that I've found.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.