[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you pay to have 1000 people rate your outfit? (Anonymously)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Ayy.gif (709KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy.gif
709KB, 320x240px
Would you pay to have 1000 people rate your outfit? (Anonymously)
>>
That's retarded. Find a better idea for an app.
>>
Only if it's constructive criticism
>>
>>11113149
Lol it's true that 99% of ideas aren't marketable. Give me a reason why this would also be true for this idea

>>11113150
Yeah it would be so that you could have an objective view of what clothing suits you best
>>
>>11113147
people would just press something randomly
>>
>>11113185
>Lol it's true that 99% of ideas aren't marketable. Give me a reason why this would also be true for this idea

nobody will pay because they can just post the same fit in 100 waywt threads on here :^)
>>
why not just post your fit here not some shit app you stupid capitalist cunt we all know effay is only for communists such as myself
>>
>>11113540
>>11113369
>>11113359
>>11113185
>>11113150
>>11113149
>>11113147
Should be decent as long as it doesn't feature some gash branding
>>
>>11113359
Yeah that is one challenge. One way to solve this would be to have a crew being paid minimum wage. Or it could be done with a pay per rating and a system to detect bots and random clicks

>>11113369
/fa/ is definitely a substitute for this. This would differ by giving a much more objective view
>>
>>11113607
please just give up this idea is raw gash
>>
>>11113638
Why do you think it would fail?
>>
>>11113147
If I'm reading what you're asking right, then I think something like that would be an excellent idea as long as it wasn't limited to outfits. I can't see there being many people willing to dispassionately review outfits exclusively (too subjective, too small of a world, etc.), but I do see there being a hell of a market for people to get anonymous opinions on things like profile photos, how they look, etc.
>>
>>11113751
>but I do see there being a hell of a market for people to get anonymous opinions on things like profile photos, how they look, etc.

Didn't think about that, but that definitely sounds probable.
>>
>>11113833
Definitely look into it. Lulu tried this, albeit only in one direction: girls could rate guys, but not the other way around. That limited it too much.
>>
>>11113833
Also the /fa/ is somewhat of a niche with edgy teenagers who would make a small user base. You want to target women who would otherwise be posting outfits to Instagram or whatever media they use.
>>
>>11113855
Yeah I'm going to look into that. Lulu as in lulu.com the book publishing website?
>>
>>11113147
that one sz guy with the rick and stuff did
>>
>>11113147
>>11113185
>>11113607
>>11113707
You really have not thought this through and it shows.

>a system to detect bots and random clicks
How are you going to detect random clicks? If I just click some shit how are you going to know? You're dreaming of magic.

What says you will get an objective view?
Paying != people will rate truthfully.

>99% of ideas aren't marketable
99% you won't be able to execute your idea good. Probably won't even get to the execution part.
>>
>>11113607
>a system to detect bots and random clicks

tell me more about that
>>
>>11113707
the idea is raw gash plain and simple. trust me im not even trying to be a dick. dont waste your dreams and money on something this gash. youll come up with something not so gash in the future. then you can post it here and get told its gash by anonymous repliers. but you will know when somethings a good idea. and you wont have to post it here. and you will just do it. market research is not good on a place like 4chan. at least not when you directly ask for it. to gain knowledge just browse threads. it will give you a better idea of the market.
>>
File: 1452758161309.jpg (279KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1452758161309.jpg
279KB, 1024x749px
>>11113147

u can 'pay' by

- posting in WAYWT regularly
- critiquing fits, be SPECIFIC (not nice) -- E.G.:
(* this part is important)
>u look like ur twelve kys [] VS
>ur acne and babyface fat makes u look twelve plz eat weed killer []
- refrain from asking if you should wear X with Y unless you attach a photo of YOU wearing X and Y (or at least X or Y)

>>11113751
>>11113855

There's one problem with this: I only care what a certain demographic cares about the stuff I post. If you're trying to get laid, you won't care what a bunch of 40yo CS professionals think about your profile pic.

Make it so you can filter it to only include lesbians and swimmers, then I will buy into it (nohomo).
>>
File: Story of my life.jpg (80KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Story of my life.jpg
80KB, 720x720px
Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's awesome when people point out problems with the idea because if there is a problem it needs to be adressed.

>>11114093
Yeah you're completely right I haven't completely thought this through. Thats one of the reason I'm here, so that you guys can throw shit at it and force me to think it through more.

About the bot and random click detection: you have probably seen that you can make a few bucks by answering surveys. They have a really simple system for taking down random clicks: they will give one survey that is complete bullshit and if the user responds nonsensically they will be banned and lose their money. Something similar could easily be done.

>>11114217
It might be marketable, and it might not be marketable. If it isn't marketable it should be possible to point to a logical reason for why it will fail.

And you might be right that market reasearch shouldn't be done on 4chan, but I figure it's better to do one too many than one too few platforms.

>>11114257
Yeah there should definitely be a control of demographics.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.